Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? (4426 Views)

Is Honeymoon Compulsory And What It's Usefulness? / Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. / What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by ofurufu(m): 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2008
I'm planning marrying soon by God's grace.

I've been 'dreaming' and considering how I will observe my honeymoon.

I can't get more than one week leave from my work and I don't want to spend more than N400,000.

Given these two constraints, can anyone advise on:
-Where we can go in Nigeria-already considering Obudu, etc
-What of Ghana or South Africa? Will that money be enough to spend one week in SA or Ghana.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by hulkhogan(m): 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2008
Hello,
The thing that brings omen to a couple is either how lavishly they spend for their wedding or their honeymoon.I advice you spend your Honeymoon at Obodu in Cross River State.It will be wise,than going to Ghana or S/A.The money will not be enough for that.Is good that you save for the future and not go a borrowing.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by kufreabasi(m): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2008
pay that money into my bank account and i will give you a space in my house for you to deal with your new wife the way you like, i can even deceide to leave my house for you if you don't mind since you dont know how to plan for your future
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by adekennis(m): 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2008
@kuf,lol cheesy
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by kufreabasi(m): 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2008
yes, that is the hottest advice to the poster
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by kemisuga(f): 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2008
kufre - never kno u ar a CLOWN grin
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by Gamine(f): 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2008
Mr guy.

Why dont you just forget about the honeymoon altogether.

You will spend 100,000 on tickets to and fro.

N500,000 for a week at a hotel

and some more on miscellaneous items

Stop being a cheapskate.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by amyliajane(f): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2008
actually had that in mind also, obudu cattle ranch is a nice place to go
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by 8ball(m): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ poster

y not make a mil?
m sure by the time u come bak from there

yo eye go clear,spending freak!
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by Jarus(m): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2008
kufreabasi:

pay that money into my bank account and i will give you a space in my house for you to deal with your new wife the way you like, i can even deceide to leave my house for you if you don't mind since you don't know how to plan for your future

I can't help laughing, much as I didn't want to.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by Gamine(f): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2008
Im wondering how come you modified your post.

This guy you have two IDs

A ticket to PH costs abt 20,000 + transport to obudu.

Go figure!!
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by ofurufu(m): 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2008
hulkhogan:

Hello,
The thing that brings omen to a couple is either how lavishly they spend for their wedding or their honeymoon.I advice you spend your Honeymoon at Obodu in Cross River State.It will be wise,than going to Ghana or S/A.The money will not be enough for that.Is good that you save for the future and not go a borrowing.
Great advice. Thanks. I'm becoming more and more convinced about Obudu, and may settle for it.
kufreabasi:

pay that money into my bank account and i will give you a space in my house for you to deal with your new wife the way you like, i can even deceide to leave my house for you if you don't mind since you don't know how to plan for your future
kai, u made me laugh aloud in office

Gamine:

Mr guy.

Why don't you just forget about the honeymoon altogether.

You will spend 100,000 on tickets to and fro.

N500,000 for a week at a hotel

and some more on miscellaneous items

Stop being a cheapskate.
N100,000 on ticket to and fro? Where?
By the way,I'm not a cheapskate. I'm an Economist by academic training, and I'm only looking for a way to maximize my benefit in the face of budget(N400,000) and time(1 week) constraints.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by coolier(f): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2008
For that kind of money, stick to Nigeria.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by Gamine(f): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2008
Ife, pls you cant fool me.

You and Ofurufu are the same.

You are supposed to be fasting and you are trying to deceive us here

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by ofurufu(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2008
lol
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by DisGuy: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2008
Just get a good travel agent or leave it to your wife to do the planning way before you go
If your wife never been to Ghana or SA I think you should go there
Remember you want a place that is 'SET' not where you get used to how things are done-shabby service
basically you go there and not have to worry about 'oga is not around' or 'the broadband is not working'
If you are spending more than a week then consider Obudu.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by ofurufu(m): 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2008
Dis Guy:

Just get a good travel agent or leave it to your wife to do the planning way before you go
If your wife never been to Ghana or SA I think you should go there
Remember you want a place that is 'SET' not where you get used to how things are done-shabby service
basically you go there and not have to worry about 'oga is not around' or 'the broadband is not working'
If you are spending more than a week then consider Obudu.

She has never been to Ghana. Neither have I. Ruled out Europe, much as I would have loved to, due to financial constrint.I penciled down SA and Ghana because those two are the African countries that are quite OK.

I have heard much about this Obudu too, and will love to be there. But she will definitely prefer SA.

Anyway, I'm still weighing the options for the three.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by Gamine(f): 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2008
Sorry o

Mr Economistica

Enjoy your N400,000 Honeymoon.

Guguru and Ekpa very Plenty.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by DisGuy: 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2008
what's the big deal with the dude spending 400K that's a lot of money for a week holiday!
abi both of u get beef before?

Ghana is one country I'll love to go to as well, just waiting for this Afuah girl to ignore that fact that I'm a Nigerian  grin
you don't want to go to Europe now the weather is changing and things are a bit tight and edgy.

I think you should move this to the Travel section, you might get well informed response from people who have actually been to any of the three

have you considered the Gambia?
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by agaba123(m): 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2008
Is it Afuah or Efuah?
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by Gamine(f): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2008
All im saying,

If he is being Economical, he should forget about travelling anywhere

except maybe his village.

Tickets alone will cost 100,000 plus to anywhere. the cheapest being obudu

N400,000 wont take the dude to Congo, talk mo SA undecided

Hotel bills roughly $500 a night.

Wont they buy other things?

wont they go sight-seeing?
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by 8ball(m): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ poster

from yo budget i figure u earn mo dan a mil monthly

If u don't then U outta be the biggest dumbass in NL

Meeeen!,u need to learn good saving cultutre now that yo about starting a family of yo own

may be on yo one yr anniversary,u'll blow yo life savungs perharps

ope ya reckless spending habits don't cripple that yo nascent marriage

wish u the best tho,
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by DisGuy: 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2008
agaba123:

Is it Afuah or Efuah?

not too sure, she has an English name as most ghanains,

Gamine:

All im saying,

If he is being Economical, he should forget about travelling anywhere

except maybe his village.

Tickets alone will cost 100,000 plus to anywhere. the cheapest being obudu

N400,000 wont take the dude to Congo, talk mo SA undecided

Hotel bills roughly $500 a night.

Wont they buy other things?

wont they go sight-seeing?

Lagos hotels range from £20 a night to £500 a night in Lagos too
I'm very sure with a good travel agent he will get an all inclusive trip for a week
that's about £1600 for a week, unless air travel is that expensive in Africa
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by Gamine(f): 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2008
Sir,

I meant they should stay in their house and go have fun some place.

N400,000 is a paltry sum, heck you cant even get One First Class Ticket

His dreams of flying anywhere will go bust, when he sees the price tag that

comes with his return ticket.

Sorry Man

But you have to add CASH!
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by agaba123(m): 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2008
I was in Ghana two years back and i can say that they can get decent hotels at between $50-100 in Acraa.
If they are going for $100 hotel which is quite Ok for his budget, that will amount to about N75K

Return Flight to Accra from Naija could take about 40K for both of them. They still have over 200K to play around with.
Man try Ghana. Not sure about South Africa

That amount is quite OK for Ghana trip.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by ikamefa(f): 10:48pm On Sep 23, 2008
kufreabasi:

" grin " i saw this post and i was rolling on the floor
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by SamMilla1(m): 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2008
Come to Amsterdam if you can.
I will accommodate both of you in my house for a week.
That means no hotel fees.
I have 2 spare rooms, but we all share the palour since i am still single.
But you will have to increase your budget to at least 500k.
so u can have some change after tickets.
I will also provide transportation system for you if you would love to be going out.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by rampagain: 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2008
kufreabasi:

oh gawdddddddddd grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by A40(m): 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2008
Well if you are paid good money where you work then you can afford the honeymoon but if not i would advice you to spend it on something less outlandish so you dont end up drinking garri after your escapade
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by earthrealm(m): 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2008
mek una no dey insult the guy, he came here 2 ask 4 our help,

wit ur budget of 400k, u can still have tons of fun either in obudu or ghana,
if u choose ghana, go by rd, ABC transport dey go ghana, i think its 12k or so,
if u r prudent the 400k cud last u 4days in either obudu or ghana,
4get sa or europe/bahamas, ur pepper wont take u that far!!

do take pics n gist us on how it went,
i hv a pal who went to obudu by rd, [he drove his own car], he said it was fun, n he didnt spend up to 400k, wit his wife,
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by ifyalways(f): 4:04am On Sep 24, 2008
@OP Ghana is your best bet.You wud even have some change sef tongue
happy married life jare kiss
@earthrealm,very well said.
Re: Honeymoon: One Week And With N400,000? by suprted(m): 4:18am On Sep 24, 2008
is kuf gonna rig up a camera for some honeymoon runs

i saw somewhere else on this site that there were packages to dubai for 175,000 but don't quote me.

its a sad state of events when 3,000+ dollars isn't enough to do much for a week.

i just got back from a holiday with my family in the states. we decided to go to vegas (we were in new orleans when gustav was coming) and it didn't cost up to that for 4 adults for about 5 days. thats flights, hotel etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Childish To Collect The Gift You Gave Your Ex Gf Or Bf / Matured Minds, Open N Leave Comments.(picture) / I Used Blade To Shave My Pussy, Now It's Bleeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.