Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (501798 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Mustay(m): 9:24am On Jul 29, 2007
for ucl
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 9:54am On Jul 29, 2007
Hey guys, how did your match with Guangzhou Pharmaceutical go? grin

I hear that company is one of the largest drug companies in Asia.

Thats why to leverage their services and be a step ahead of competitors, management decided that their nurses and doctors should play United. grin

Meet you guys on saturday. Maybe we'll higher our medical crew to play you too grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by denex: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2007
Abeg, make una tell me wetin dey happen as per Tevez. I was searching the net when I found out that as far back as 2005, he has been spotted wearing a MANU T-shirt.

So obviously Tevez wants to be with MANU.

Nike is trying to ensure that Tevez is with MANU too as they want to maximise the utility of all contracts they have with him.

MANU wants Tevez to be in MANU because he is good.

So who be the "winch" wey dey delay this thing? August is already here O! Less than a month for window to close!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2007
Relax its only a matter of time.

Remember Owen Heagreaves?

It may be august, january or next season,
Still he's a ManU player
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ Somze,
It will even be sooner than we thought.
West Ham are trying to settle the matter out of court according to KIA.
The whole issue might be resolved this new week.
I wish the whole drama can be sorted before august so that CARLITOS can fly in and work on his fitness ASAP.
Rooney is the only world striker we have in United.
Saha + Solskjaer are fuccking injury prone.
Alan Smith aint world class.
Rossi and Dong Fangzhou are still infants . . . . . . . .So United needs TEVEZ.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2007
You guys have the potential best attack in the world ( assuming tevez joins soon) only Barca can compare. And yet u beat Barca since your defence is much better.

Expect a lot of pressure next season.
You would be expected to deliver or come under a lot of criticism. I pity your players cuz not all will do well at first.

Another person that would come under criticism is Torres.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2007
I don't really envisage any problem for United if TEVEZ joins soon.
United  has got a very decent team except the goalkeeping department.
Ben Foster's injury is a big blow as Edwin Van Der Sar is getting senile.
Edwin's pre-season performance in Asia was nothing to write Manchester about.
He was so poor, lack of confidence and instincts were not SHARP.

Oooops, PSG just scored anutha goal.
PSG 3-0 Valencia. PSG now leads the table with 7 good points. grin
Chelsea should get Luyindula(PSG's player) grin grin grin
He is phenomenal.

Barca's attack had to be the best in the world with their fantastic four.
Messi, Etoo, Henry and Ronaldinho.
Any attack having Etoo and Henry with Dinho supplying passes should guarantee 120 goals for a club.
I fuccking admire Barca's squad. They got the best in the world.
The only snag is also their goalkeeping cos i really dont think Valdes is good.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by shens2006(m): 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2007
nothing for man u this season
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2007
to be sincere , i feel this season is going to be tough for the big 4 and even spurs and Portsmouth may be close.

Van der sa, yes i notice the same thing, but i think its match fitness.

What Chelsea needs is a right back and for JM to take some huge and daring decisions on the starting line up.

Meanwhile is it dsame PSG that Arsenal one?

Na wa o
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2007
I disagree with u.
There will still be a big gap btw Chelsea/Man Utd AND the rest of the league.
Where i feel might be competitive is from the 3rd position to the 8th.
Portsmouth, Newcastle, Tottenham and Blackburn will give Arsenal and Liverpool a run for their money this season.

I watched Pompey last week and their new buys in Muntari and Utaka supporting Benjani and Kanu looks potent.
Newcastle by Sam Allardyce's standard will also be up there plus they got money.
Blackburn Rovers will also break many hearts with their shrewd buys. Santa Cruz, McCarthy and Jason Roberts in attack is mouth-watering.
Tottenham, what more can i say here? Berbatov was arguably the best striker in the land last season.
They now got Darren Bent plus Robbie Keane and Defoe. I will put my money on em to steal a march on Arsenal and finish above em this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2007
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2007
I cant wait for Man Utd to face Inter on the 1st of August.
Ronaldo, Rooney and Nani will blast the Italians away with super-goals.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2007
Hey Jackal, whats happening to Heinze?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2007
Do you guys think that playing part time medical students make you fit for a season? tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2007
At least it will CURE SAHA's NIGGERITIS disease that always condemns him to the surgeon's knife every season.
That lad is CURSED with injuries and its just the way the plonker plays.
Give SAHA an aerial ball and he wants to use a bicycle kick to execute.
Supply SAHA a low pass and he wants a fly heading.
His technique is his let down and thats why he gets injured because he doesnt know what to use when . . . . . . . .

@ J-K
Gabriel Heinze's case is UNCLEAR.
Lets see what happens when he returns to camp this season.
Manchester fans will grill him to death for betraying the loyalty.
This was a guy we stood by when he had a season long injury and this is how he repays?
His only saviour is if he says he had nothing to do with the whole issue and blames his John Shittu kind of manager.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2007
Don't knw if i quite agree with d assesment dat some of d mid-level teams like pompey, n'castle etc wld make a huge impact on d face of d table. . . Maybe arsenal might stutter some. . . But these smaller teams have pretty low tolerance potentials 2 wide spread squad changes unlike their mo' established counterparts!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ RUUDIE,

U will be surprised.
Have u seen any of the Prem teams play?
There is a massive improvement in the way these clubs now play, bes' believe it.
The humungous TV deal money has made the Prem almost a level playing field.
Have u seen Man City's buys and other relatively smaller clubs?
Don't put ur bets on it . . . . . . .The UEFA cup teams will give Arsenal and Liverpool a goodrun for they money.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2007
@Jackal

I dont know abt level playing field o

The problem I don't think is playing talent. There is enuff motivation there.

But coaching and judgement of talent in this country by local english coaches is pretty dire.

Is it no surprise that it took the arrival of Arsene Wenger in 97 to shake things up

Up to then Ferguson had things his way and consequently neva won the C-League till 99

Up till now, despite all the money, there is still a reliance on mature foreign stars who last no longer than two seasons.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2007
@Jackal

I dont know abt level playing field o

The problem I don't think is playing talent. There is enuff motivation there.

But coaching and judgement of talent in this country by local english coaches is pretty dire.

Is it no surprise that it took the arrival of Arsene Wenger in 97 to shake things up

Up to then Ferguson had things his way and consequently neva won the C-League till 99

Up till now, despite all the money, there is still a reliance on mature foreign stars who last no longer than two seasons.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ Doyin13,

I wasn't talking about talent-wise here.
I am talking about the competiton smaller teams will give the so called BIG 4 when the season kicks off.
There wont be easy 3 points like it used to be when u can always predict Liverpool going to Pompey and nicking 3 points like taking a bar of candy from a baby.
Things are going to be tighter this season cos smaller teams were able to buy decent foreign players in their fold.
Compare Blackburn's spendings last season to now, Pompey's last season's spendings to now.
It used to be the BIG 4 signing and getting decent players but now things done changed.
Pompey's signings in terms of player quality are better than Arsenal and Chelsea THIS SUMMER. What does that tell ya?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2007
I jsut think the likes of Pompey and Man City will replace Nrwcastles and Villas and Leeds of yesteryears.

doesn't change the fact that only the usual suspects will be competing for the title
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 12:17am On Jul 30, 2007
@Jackal

don't u think its high time u started feeling those UEFA teams would trouble u guys d more? tongue

when I say that; I mean pressure from being defending champs and pressure from the spending spree which u launched, well . . . Mourinho says he is not jumping and this team I see from your pre-season don't look too good to compete, though I must admit that Chelski is not looking any beta  grin  grin

how phenomenal was Heinze to Manscum that they can't afford to let him cross over to Liverpool? undecided

is it like they feel he would be holding the aces playing against them? had he been he was a midfielder or striker maybe I would understand, but right now I just don't get it angry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:58am On Jul 30, 2007
@ Kitaun + Loyika + Razorr,

Another twist unveils as the Tevez saga continues.
West Ham have told KIA he can have TEVEZ if he pays 6 million pounds for him. grin
The FA made it mandatory the amount should not be less than 5.5 million pounds
. embarassed
This means Eggert knows he doesn't own TEVEZ's economic rights and just wanted KIA to pay back the fine 5.5 million pounds
The FA and West Ham are a stinking organisation.
Hammers paid 5.5M in fines but that isnt MSI's problem and is nothing to do with them. West ham broke the rules not MSI.
West Ham ripped up the contract with MSI so this should have really meant the return of Tevez to MSI. West Ham have never paid a transfer fee for Tevez.
What gives them the right to receive a big payout for a player they took on loan? Does this mean if we sell Rossi then Parma get the transfer fee as he was on loan there then?
I dont particularly like third party ownerships as they take money out of football but they entitled to any fee for Tevez.

Maschereno left for Liverpool in much the same way that Tevez should be allowed to leave now.
West Ham will receive zilch in transfer fees for Maschereno.
The same applies for Tevez.
The only reason The Prem and West Ham are making this difficult is because when they tore up the contract they never really ended anything. They werent in their right to tear up his contract and take sole ownership of the player.
They are now trying to save face because they should have never player him end of the season and probably wouldnt have stayed up.

I keep reading people posting that the Heinze situation and the Tevez situation are the same.
They are totally different.
Heinze = Manchester Utd player. We bought him!!!
Tevez = Player on loan agreement who was illegally played.
Anyways, i just hope KIA pays em the dough so Tevez can join as soon as possible.
I'm tired of the 2-faced bastard known as the FA and cunt-smelling clubs like the Hammers.
Hammers now know if KIA goes to court, they will lose but it might take time and Tevez wont join United in August.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 9:24am On Jul 30, 2007
Jackal
Third Party agreements have always existed and probably always will. The Premier league ( not the FA ) in this case is the one at fault. Though the both of them are just useless at certain decision making processes.

There are two ways this can be resolved.

1. Accept these agreements exist and make new rules ( its almost like agent fees )
2. Keep living in delusion and pray this type of saga does not happen again or atleast is better handled.

The Tevez saga has really exposed the folly of certain top footballing bodies - Fifa, FA, PL, and soon Court of Arbitration.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2007
I understand that clearly but ain't u surprised the English FA can be this dirty and 2-faced with sensitive issues like this.
Tell u what, i think the FA wanted West Ham to stay up at all cost and that was why they didnt dock their points and just told em to pay 5.5 million pounds.
I feel so sorry for Sheffield United. They had a case when they went to court but the FA threw it out like a used sanitary pad.
West Ham received almost 35 million pounds for staying up in the Prem with the new TV deal between the FA and the clubs.
5.5 Milla in 35 million pounds is nothing and this is the biggest cover up i have ever witnessed.
FA should be punished by FIFA. The way they have handled this TEVEZ shit has been appaling.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2007
Jackal:

@ RUUDIE,

You will be surprised.
Have u seen any of the Prem teams play?
There is a massive improvement in the way these clubs now play, bes' believe it.
The humungous TV deal money has made the Prem almost a level playing field.
Have u seen Man City's buys and other relatively smaller clubs?
Don't put your bets on it . . . . . . .The UEFA cup teams will give Arsenal and Liverpool a goodrun for they money.

Truely, i'll be very, very surprised if any of these so-called UEFA teams succeeds in breaking into the top-4 on merit. . . . i say on merit c'uz i have a feeling arsenal might just mess it up somewhere along the line!
by on merit, i mean based on very strong, consistent performances. . .

its not about how much money a club's got in the bank or how many players they can afford to bring in to beef up the squad. it's more an issue of the quality of those players and how the manager handles his team!

look at UTD for instance; Tevez, Hargreaves, Anderson etc. tested 'n trusted quality who ain't g'onna take forever adapting to the game in an entirely different setting. . .  and on the other hand, look at the quality of the older players; Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Gary, Ferdinand. . .  they have this uncanny ability to change with changes in the squad to accomodate new players and make 'em feel at home.
same applies for the other "bigger" teams.

look at the "smaller clubs", compare and contrast, in terms of quality, their signings with the bigger clubs. . .
most of their new signings do not have as much exposure as the above and the huge chunk of the older players are not the type that easily adapt to squad changes, quite unlike the bigger teams who have players that can accomodate newer players and different styles!

When tevez and masc went to the Hammers, the rest of the squad just couldn't get along with 'em. . . and that's usually the undoing of this clubs!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2007
RuuDie:

Truely, i'll be very, very surprised if any of these so-called UEFA teams succeeds in breaking into the top-4 on merit. . . . i say on merit c'uz i have a feeling arsenal might just mess it up somewhere along the line!
by on merit, i mean based on very strong, consistent performances. . .

its not about how much money a club's got in the bank or how many players they can afford to bring in to beef up the squad. it's more an issue of the quality of those players and how the manager handles his team!

look at UTD for instance; Tevez, Hargreaves, Anderson etc. tested 'n trusted quality who ain't g'onna take forever adapting to the game in an entirely different setting. . .  and on the other hand, look at the quality of the older players; Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Gary, Ferdinand. . .  they have this uncanny ability to change with changes in the squad to accomodate new players and make 'em feel at home.
same applies for the other "bigger" teams.

look at the "smaller clubs", compare and contrast, in terms of quality, their signings with the bigger clubs. . .
most of their new signings do not have as much exposure as the above and the huge chunk of the older players are not the type that easily adapt to squad changes, quite unlike the bigger teams who have players that can accomodate newer players and different styles!

When tevez and masc went to the Hammers, the rest of the squad just couldn't get along with 'em. . . and that's usually the undoing of this clubs!

Ruudie Ruddie Ruudie

I'm sorry to say this mate, but that post don't sound like something you wrote yourself. It sounds more like something you copied from another site. shocked angry lipsrsealed grin cheesy
Last time I checked, your English wasn't this good. grin grin
This definitely ain't Ruudie. I'm g'onna have ta investigate. wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 9:50am On Jul 30, 2007
Jackal
The FA has always been and would always be trash. We need not be shocked at this latest scandal. I pity Sheffield too and think they should sue for compensation. This whole saga was a big cover-up and everyone knows it. I mean who in the world thinks that Tevez is owned by West Ham?

We all know its Kia thru MSI. How in the world do you expect to get an Argentinian star wanted by Real, ManU and Chelsea for absolutely nothing. The PL and FA should be ashamed ( not that they will be) of this latest scandal.

Remember West Ham is a london club with a lot of fans - i think they have the highest London fans - so they were the beta choice in the FA's eyes ie more profitable ( tickets and TV).

Ruudie
I feel smaller clubs like - Portsmouth, Spurs and co will give the bigger ones a run for their money. Not necessarily being in the top three but causing them to drop points, hence affecting the position with respect to the other title contenders. That where we should look at.

Meanwhile I see spurs as having a superb strike force in Bent and Berbatov, not to forget that most of their first team are in England Senior team too.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 9:50am On Jul 30, 2007
@ Razorr,

You are a bloody Arrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How dare u come here to say a RED DEVIL can't write.
Has it come down now to MIND GAMES because of the match on Sunday?
I thought Mourinho(Y'all Messiah) said he won't be blabbing much this season. I 2nd-guess he passed his ailment to y'all Nairaland Chelski fans.
Diarrhoea of the mouth is air-borne thus highly contagious. I can understand why y'all mouths run like a public tap and what comes out is a pungent odour.
I am sure RUUDIE can write better English than Jose Mourinho grin . . . . . . .Deal with that!!!!!!!!

@ Somze,
You are bloody right.
The Hammers control the whole East London while Spurs and Arsenal fight in the North.
Chelsea and Fulham tussle in the West. Charlton and Crystal Palace in a head-lock in the South.
The Hammers have no rivals in the East and that makes em powerful.
In a way, people(myself included) also like West Ham because Upton Park is a breeding zone for raw talents.
They enjoy massive popularity as far as London is concerned and u can't take it away from em.
I think the FA should carry the whole blame and shouldn't have allowed Tevez's deal to materialise in the 1st place.
The bloody FA even allowed Mascherano to join Liverpool in January and won't allow Carlos to join Man Utd now.
Its a farce and a stinking cover-up. Sheffield United should head to the nearest Magistrates court and issue a writ to the plonkers at SOHO square.
Son, It's time for some real ass-kicking
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 9:57am On Jul 30, 2007
Damn! Typical Jackal. You just can't construct a sensible statement without using foul words, can you?

By the way, Ruudie is ma sweetheart. And I can recognise posts he constructs himself anyday! That one up there definitely ain't his. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 9:58am On Jul 30, 2007
Ok

I see things are taking a new turn, I'll wait outside. grin

Meanwhile, i think JM earns more than Ruudie, to hell with English guys wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 10:00am On Jul 30, 2007
@Razorr,

how do u mean Razorr ? if there's any probs with that post, point it out. . . i'd gleefully clarify!

@somze,

if any of 'em "smaller teams" ain't g'onna break into the top-4, then whats all the fuss about 'em; like u noted, they're always g'onna cause some of the title contenders to drop points. . .  thats inevitable, if they don't who will ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.