Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,963 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:54 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503522 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 10:39am On Dec 07, 2006
@ Bolaoni,

I really don't mind Man United going against Barcelona at the knock-out stages.
The fact is United team can upset any team in Europe and thats OFFICIAL.
Besides, we fans have to expect the worst at this stage if we've got the hopes of winning the Champions league.
Whats wrong with England's finest slugging it out with the Spanish giants?
Saha Vs Puyol, Dinho Vs Neville, Scholes Vs Deco , Ronaldo Vs Sylvinho, Gudjohnsen Vs Vidic, Rooney Vs Marquez. Guily Vs Heinze grin

One team i don't want us to ever meet is Real Madrid.
I'd rather we meet Barcelona than meet Real.
Van Nistelrooy + David Beckham will make it his own show and u can always bet he will score against us.
How would that make us feel having RVN score a goal at OT or at the Bernabeu? DIS-GUST-ING.
United Vs Barcelona should be exciting as Larsson will also have a dig at his old team-mates.
We can take Barca out if every player stays fit.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 10:44am On Dec 07, 2006
Jackal i love that confident in you, you arent scared of any team.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 10:52am On Dec 07, 2006
I can't be scared of any team.
United plays better when they face big teams.
Look at the 1st half performance against Chelsea-------------That was the best 45 minutes i have seen United play in a long time.
We can do the same against Barca cos we know they are very good.

All i am saying here is United have a squad of XI players that can match any team in the world.
What Man Utd lack now is the bench that can support these 1st XI players when the going is getting rough.
The difference between Chelsea and Man Utd is the reserve players but Man Utd's 11 is a bit better than Chelsea's 1st 11.
I wanna see Ronaldinho and Gudjohnsen at OT.
It will be a sell-out and a great spectacle for football.
UEFA------------Pls give us Barcelona so we can have em for dinner.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 10:57am On Dec 07, 2006
Any of the big 4 in England would take out Barca, at least Chelski has proven that! Man U would even win home and away!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 11:01am On Dec 07, 2006
I pray they give you Barca.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:06am On Dec 07, 2006
I don't think so.
Man Utd and Chelsea can do it but Arsenal and Liverpool won't scale that fence.
We are talking about Barcelona here not READING.

A full-strength Barcelona team will demolish any English club and take their souls out.
If Chelsea have the same problems Barcelona is having now they wouldn't have qualified.
Barca is playing without Etoo, Messi, Marquez and Saviola. Thats the equivalent of Drogba, Shevchenko, Terry and maybe Joe Cole.

U will see a new Barca by February.
All the long-term absentees would be fit and ready by then and thats when the cookie crumbles for other teams.
Barcelona will function better as a killer squad with Messi and Etoo around.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by marlet01(m): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2006
chelsea is definately out of the picture cos they were paired in the same group, it would be among any three of us i.e Arsenal, Liverpool or United, i just have a feeling we may be paired with madrid while Barcelona takes on United.

but definately it would be among this three Englishs clubs Barca would take on.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2006
Jackal, stop contradicting urself! Did Marquez not play the last match? B4 Etoo's injury was Saviola not a fringe player? Did Chelsea not pick 4 points off them even with the goalkeeper crisis they had initially? Would you have believed their qualification will take up to 540 mins? Were Etoo and Messi not on the field when Sevilla messed them up big time? Did Messi not play against Real?Where lies ur allegiance Barca or Man U? U sound confused man! Jackal, believe me an inspired Liverpool re-enacting their form of couple of years ago would stun Barca outrightly talkless of Arsenal! You talk as if Barca has been winning the league for the past 5 yrs, abegi!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2006
Now now!! Jackal cool

Leave all this "this team can do it, but this team can't."

First thing first

The Pool are a cup final team: They were the last English team to win the UCL (Won it 5 TIMES), They Won the FA cup also coming back from behind, They won the Charity shield beating the so called Cheski.

Fact is put a cup in front of the pool and they play their hearts out, and you forget Benitez is spanish and was the coach of Valencia, so no love lost btw him and Barca (also xabi Alonso and the Luis Garcia)

So the pool can do it on their day, ffs they came back to beat AC Milan in what would have been a one sided final.

Second

Jackal you and i know ARSENAL lost that Final cause TH14 did not kill off Barca,even with 10 men, if Henry had taken any of the 3 chances that came his way, Barca would have gone back empty handed. But thats the way football goes sad.

That Arsenal team beat Real, Juve, Ajax, Villareal (with out conceding a goal ) on the way to the final, and didn't concede until the later stages of the final match with 10 mins to go, so Jackal give us some credit.

We have beaten you guys at OT and the POOL this season (lets see how we do against the Roman Army on sunday)

In footie anyone can beat anyone on their day, You lost twice on the row to FC Copenhagen and Celtic so you can't talk, (We lost at Russia, when it should have been a draw from TH's disallowed goal (you know this) Also luck ran out at home, when we should have beaten CSKA by 10 clear goals but it didn't happen.

What i am trying to say, anyone can beat anyone, you can't be champs of the CL if you start avoiding teams, Roma beat Valencia the night before, and i think Real lost, so its the day that counts not the hype before the game, cause if it was about hype jackal, we would have had no chance against Real or Juve.

All our players in the 1st 11 are Internationals for their various countries, so we are not scared of anyone, as we can beat any team if things click. Praise your team as much as you want, but also acknowledge that any team on their day can carry the day, not only the Scum and the Russians.

Jackal least you forget the last trophy you won was the Milk Cup, at least the POOL won the CL, and Chelsea are still the Big dogs, so the Scum can only scream of what might happen (must i remind you of a certain SOUTHEND in the Milk Cup grin I think not)

I repeat the whole footie season is quite open

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2006
Our opponent will be either Inter-milan, Real Madrid, Roma or PSV Eindhoven
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2006
@ Loyika,

What did Arsenal win last season? ZILCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Can Arsenal win the UEFA champions league this season? U and I know that it aint fucking possible.
Can Arsenal win the EPL? Never, not this season anyways.
So whats left? Carling "Milk" Cup and FA cup.

This is not a matter of any team can beat any team on their day.
Barcelona thrashed Arsenal at the last UCL because they were technically better than Arsenal.
It took Barca just 12 minutes to score their 1st goal until the referee disallowed it and sent Lehmann off.
The other matches were a mixture of fluke and good fortunes.
Villareal mashed and brushed Arsenal in Spain only for Roman Riquelme to miss the penalty that could have taken the match to extra-time.
How many matches has Arsenal lost in the EPL this season alone if they are "that" good?

Arsenal can NEVER  beat Barcelona anywhere. Take it or leave it.
I don't even fancy Man Utd beating Barcelona as it will bore down to who scores more in the home and away legs.
What do u take Barca for? We are not talking about Newcastle or Bolton here.
Barcelona might lose one or 2 odd matches here and there but they have the resources to demolish any team.
Arsenal is still nowhere their level and thats a fact of life.
Will Wenger pray to meet Barca at the knock-out stage? No way.

Arsenal is this n that but Wenger remains the only manager amongst the big 4 that has never beaten Mourinho.
Fergie has done it, Rafa has done it many times and Newcastle, Boro and Charlton have cracked it.
Lets see what happens when the 2 teams clash again on sunday.
I am sure by then Arsenal and their loud-ass fans will know where they belong on the league table as United would have gone 19 points clear. grin
Arsenal my ass--------------

@ Kitaun,
Barca is my 2nd team.
I support a team each in all the major leagues in Europe.
Having said this, Man United is on top of the others.

U are the one confused here because u don't know what football facts are.
Sevilla messed Barca up and blah blah blah.
What happened when the 2 teams met in La Liga? Who came on top.
Only a fool will NOT recognise Barca's prowess in Europe these days.
Did u see how Chelsea celebrated a draw? That shows how strong Barca is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are the best team technically, tactically and entertainment.
Arsenal entertain but hardly win. Barca entertains and still win. Spot the difference?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by marlet01(m): 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2006
@ loyika
i agree with you, we should definately not be afraid of any team provided you are in the UCL you are bound to play tough teams as you progress. there must not be anything like "am avioding this and this team" NO!! you must be ready to take on the hardest team in the if giving to you.   Is when you look down on yourself that you tend to loose.

Imagine the road we followed to the UCL finals last season--- If Barcelona had followed that line "sorry to say this they may not have made it to the finals"

Football is all about determination not you can't stand this team or you can't beat this team,
any thing can happen in the game of football.
Last season who ever believed we would play teams like Real Madrid, Juventus and Villareal and not conceed a single goal "not talking about our other first round games that we were pure at"
See what happened to Ac millan against Liverpool 3goals down in teh first half, but the second half it was a different story,

Any of the four English clubs including Liverpool can defeat Barcelona on a good day, there is nothing like "it can never happen" cos in the game of football
"anything can happen"

we look forward on our second round game which i strongly believe it would be with Madrid and am sure we'll scale through.

ARSENAL RULES cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2006
jackal nice one there.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by otolorin(m): 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2006
Jackal:

U will see a new Barca by February.
All the long-term absentees would be fit and ready by then and thats when the cookie crumbles for other teams.
Barcelona will function better as a killer squad with Messi and Etoo around.

. . . i'll only have to wait till then b4 i'll crucify you - should you hyped 'come-back' be a flop
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2006
Messi and Etoo flops?

Messi is the best young player in the world by miles.
Samuel Etoo is the best striker in the world at the moment.
Inject the 2 players into the Barca team again and they will have any team for dinner. grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2006
Samuel Etoo is the best striker in the world at the moment.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2006
Jackal angry

What are you on about , did shevy not score a legitimate goal against Barca to take the game to over time, but the ref blew against it cause he thought he had fouled Puyol to get an advantage. Jackal[b] "ANY TEAM CAN BEAT ANY ONE ON THEIR DAY"[/b] Barca have had better teams, and have only won the CL twice in their history. Even the year before they got knocked out by a John Terry Sucker punch.

Barca are a footie team, and a Footie team can lose, Maureen celebrated cause the draw was at the Nou Camp.

Stop being sentimental, Man United got beaten by Celtic after dominating the game, Barca drew with Bremen in Germany, Any team can be beaten.

Even your Gaffer once famously said "you need a bit of luck to win the CL" so i don't understand what you are saying. Any team can have a good run into the final, Valencia had two chances and lost out both times, does that mean they are shit. NO!! It means they have not had enough good fortune to win.

You talk about Newcastle and Bolton. But we beat You and the Pool, Whether you have beaten Jose is not an issue, Spurs beat Chelsea too, and we beat spurs 3-nil.

I say once again "Any team can beat any team on their day", has f@*k all to do with history.

Next friday is not far away we will stop all the shouting then cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2006
@Jackal

Atimes you just make me wonder shocked shocked shocked

and all i do is angry angry grin grin

What the Bleep are you yapping about?

Which teams would Barca when with Messi and Etoo have for dinner? are you kidding me?

Sevilla won them when it mattered SUPERCUP where peeps like you expected them to be eaten raw tongue

I am all smiles when i remember few minutes to that match when you and I were chatting and you were predicting bollocks that Barca would eat Sevilla raw, but what happened? (maybe we should ask Puyol? lol) grin grin tongue

My point has always been prove your class where it matters most!!!

In the past 7 years what has been MAN GAYUNITED's performance at the UECL been like?
Dismal you must agree with me, at least for the fact that you ended up last in your group last season whereas Arsenal that you are always so quick to dismiss with the wave of your hand got to the Finals cool

So what has been happening to your so famed first XI that you always claim would demolish any team in the world? tongue grin

If your highly rated sides- Argentina and Brazil could fall by the wayside at the World Cup what does that tell you?

GET IT STRAIGHT; THERE IS NO INVINCIBLE TEAM IN WORLD FOOTBALL
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Grizzly(m): 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2006
What are u all getting stressed up about, ?
I wont  marvel if come 15th, the draw Chelsea with Barca again,
Anybody that comes our way will be summed up in good faith
Talk about Manure-Barca,
That would be worth watching,
Thats a 2-leg asswipe for Barca,
Arsenal would be handed over to Lyon,
So much for their dismal perfomance in the Group stages, how the crept into the next round, i'll never know,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2006
Abi o Grizzly. They play nonesense and they make the LOUDEST noise

This is UNBELIEVABLE!  shocked  shocked  shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2006
Oga Bola cool

Abeg stop am oh!!

You lost to Celtic and Copenhagen, we lost to only CSKA, so who is the rubbish team , You topped your group, we topped our group also, so whats the noise about.

Grizz, who will be at the final will be at the final, so we will wait till then.

Lets see how sunday pans out at the Russian bridge grin

Meet you there cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2006
Grizzly and Bolaoni

Your posts combined were at the best pathetic angry

Arsenal performed well enough to have qualified for 2nd round cool

Lyon would always fall to a bigger and more experienced team whether they are consistent or not, i can bet my left hand on that, forget that they seem to have Madrid for meal all the time grin

I cant be concerned about who will meet, but u best believe it, its Arsenal's time to shine and u haters can suck and whine all u want cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2006
"Sunday will be an enormously important match for us," said Michael Ballack of the Arsenal match. "You only have to look at the league table."

The German midfielder draws comfort from the extra day's rest afforded Chelsea, who were at home in their Champions League match while Arsenal had to travel back from Oporto. Nevertheless, he does not underestimate last season's Champions League finalists.

"I'm a little surprised they are that far behind in the league in terms of points so early on," he said. "Last year they were in the Champions League final and they have a young and very good team. At times they've failed to pick up the points and lacked a bit of consistency. But when they come up against the big teams, they show their class. We need to be careful."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1966312,00.html

See what Ballack says Grizz, Even your players know that Arsenal are class, just to bad they have supporters like you grin grin

See ya on sunday matie cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2006
@ Loyika,

Arsenal is a rubbish team if u look at their position on the league table.
United lost 2 matches and still had 12 points to top their group. Spot the difference?
Top in Europe, Top in England.
This is one thing Arsenal has never achieved.
When was the last time Arsenal sat on top of the league? Some 28 months ago.
Thats pathetic and the fans make the loudest noise celebrating failures.

I was in North London early this year when some gooners were celebrating 4th position on the league with no title to show for it.
The scenario was so bizzare and i asked myself what Chelsea fans or Barca fans or Man Utd fans should do when Arsenal fans were out there celebrating a failure.
Any team can beat any team on their day but can Arsenal beat the best of Barca? Nahhhhhhhhhhhh
Chelsea and Man Utd can crack it but i don't see the best of Arsenal ever beating Barcelona.
The squad is too young and inexperienced to give it a shot so forget about Arsenal being a great team.

@ Kitaun,

I can't believe u are using UCL as an example to compare Man Utd and Arsenal.
Save for last season, Arsenal has never played in the S/finals of any Champions league before.
The same Arsenal wobbled into the finals and lost so whats the fuss about?
I shouldn't be here slugging it out with u.
Let Arsenal win the Champions league before i can start to see the team as a great team.
Thank goodness, Wenger himself said Arsenal is not a great team yet until they win the Champions league.
What else is there to say?
United won it in 1999 and achieved the treble status so who is greater?

Stop deluding yourself.
Some teams are invincible and will always be.
What will u say about the AC Milan team that went 64 matches unbeaten in the early 90s?
Are they invincible or not?
Arsenal team of 2003-04 were almost invincible but they lost the steam after some time.
That Arsenal team will not LOSE no matter what form or schitzo that comes their way.
Barcelona at full strength should also be seen in that light.
Barca on a good day will rip, tear, damage, demolish any football team in the world and still give fans good value for the money while they win.
That is a football team.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 4:52pm On Dec 07, 2006
@kitaun,

Pathetic? whose post is pathetic? hmmm
na wah for you o.

time will tell sha. Let's all wait for the draws, then we shall see what happens afterwards.

ut mind you, if Porto had needed a win yesternite, your team would have been thrown out of the UECL.

take it or leave it. wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2006
I NO GET YOUR TIME SINCE YOU CHOOSE TO BE UNREALISTIC angry

have a nice day cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2006
TIME WILL TELL tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2006
hi manutd fans
nice game yesterday. . . .

did anyone see vidic?? that guy is on fire.  he is definitely one of fergie's best buys. that guy is just it

lookin forward to the derby with city. should be a nice match. we should continue our winning trend and keep up the gap on the league table

ONE UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 5:10pm On Dec 07, 2006
Look who is talking about realism!

Let's wait till Sunday first and you will know what the meaning of being realistic is.

cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2006
Wats happenin here?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2006
Jk,

Nothing jare. Just throwing some jibes at the gooners

grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2006
@Jackal

I have been reading you saying United first 11 is better than Chelsea's.

I will take on you when i get home in the evening.

Even though i cant bet on Chelsea always, no team in the world have our bench.

see you later before they sack me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.