Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:31 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503554 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ Cougar

I am watching intently

If y'all lose this game, I wonder what Jackal will say about the 'we've never lost with the un-holy trinity' schitzo cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2008
Rooney booked for diving! cheesy

Seems he is learning from Ronaldo tongue

Indiscipline is ruling in this MU squad, they'll pay a fine for 6 yellows in a game! What happened to composure and poise? grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pahtahkee: 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2008
Rooney booked for diving!!! grin grin grin grin

Is Ferguson bereft of ideas now?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pahtahkee: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2008
Where is Ronaldos freekick magic? grin grin grin grin

Mu---mu team!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 5:46pm On Feb 02, 2008
Ronaldo freekick! undecided

WILL HE SCORE

He hits it,

HAHAHAHA! plonker was too scared to try to hit the target! grin grin

Spurs survive the onslaught!

its going to be tight.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ debosky,
the man in black has been pathetic. he has given spurs all the decisions. we are not getting anything at all. oh my god, ronaldo shouldn't have squared the free-kick to rooney. what is going on? tevez-ronaldo-anderson-nani-wazza. man utd is about throwing away the record at white hart lane. this is catastrophic.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pahtahkee: 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2008
Oh no they have scored embarassed embarassed
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cougar: 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2008
tevezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

goal. apache, why leave it too late.
2 points dropped.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 5:51pm On Feb 02, 2008
Excuses! cool

MU has been grossly indisciplined, what about the three handballs that the ref overlooked for y'all?

MU is cracking under the pressure, getting yellows like no man's business.

CORNER!

last minute. . .

goalllllll!!!! by TEVEZ!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pahtahkee: 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2008
Portsmouth 1 Chelsea 1

Manure have been highly pathetic with this game. embarassed
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by folahann(m): 5:58pm On Feb 02, 2008
Please give us the excuses for the draw
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ Debosky,

I just came out of a COMA!!!!!!!
How the Bleep did we allow things to degenerate to that stage?
I couldnt believe ma eyes when Ronaldo rolled his free-kick to Rooney when he should have placed the ball into the net.

Gosh . . . . .fair-play to Apache for for scoring the equaliser. A defeat could have been PATHETIC.
Woodgate is proving to be an ASTUTE buy afterall . . . . .He stood tall against the HOLY TRINITY but how do u stop this TRIO from scoring.
2 points dropped and it's game ON. . . . . . Its a long hard season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Folahann,

Bitch, shut up your mouth.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2008
What happened to 'we always win with the unholy trinity'?

@ Chac

did you observe the blatant indiscipline exhibited by the MU players today? Even Rooney is getting in on the diving game - smacks of desperation cheesy

But all kudos to Tevez, not giving up till the last Moment.

Nani must think he is CR, wasting two good chances by trying to score when he could've crossed to WR or CT to score. tongue

2 MASSIVE points dropped for MU, who have an almost completely fit squad, plus ROONEY suspended for the Manchester derby. . .this may be the beginning of the unraveling of Manchester title quest.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ Debosky,

Dont twist ma words. . . . . I said it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep the HOLY TRINITY quiet for 90 minutes.
There's no way one of em WILL not score within 90 mins . . . . Thats ALL I SAID.
U should admit Clatter-butt was horrendous . . . .Jenas handled the ball in the build-up to Tottenham's opener and the Arrow waved PLAY ON.
He was on a MISSION to cheat and cheat and cheat . . .He booked Man Utd players at will and looked the other way for Spurs.

Anyways, the match was pathetic . . . . .Ferguson should have replaced Giggsy in the 1st half(he wasn't in the game at all).
The snag is . . . .with Giggsy's COMPOSURE in the last 10 mins, United could have won easily but age is gradually creeping on the Welsh wizard.
I think it is about time for him to start from the bench like Solskjaer . . He should read the game for 75 mins and come in to do the damage.

Nani was so wasteful. . . . he was too impatient.
My best player on the day was ANDERSON. He brought verve and energy into the midfield.
He single-handedly picked up the pace for Man Utd but i have to admit Spurs were brilliant. It was hard to believe they were the same team Man Utd whupped 3-1 just 6 days ago.

2 points dropped . . . .Rooney is banned for the Manchester derby.
We have Tevez and Ronaldo to lead the attack. . . . .Nani/Park and Giggsy on the wings . . . .It is no problem.
The Ci-Thai team i saw against Arsenal today were appaling. . . . . .They would crumble at OT.
Enjoy your stay at the top . . . .It might be the last time u stay there. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by delbizzie1(m): 7:05pm On Feb 02, 2008
Hmm seems UNITED have to settle for a draw, two points dropped, see what happens when ronaldo doesn't shine. tongue

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ Jackal

now you're revising your quotes eh? I don't have time to go back and check, but I remember you clearly counting all the games with one of the unholy group missing as the reason you STRUGGLED.

Now with 3 of them on for 90 MINUTES you only managed one goal - I said the over-dependence on CR will show through soon enough, only Anderson had a decent shot on goal from midfield shocked

You know Citeh will raise their game against you scummies, they won't lie down like Bolton always does cheesy

We beat City for the first time at home this season, not a mean achievement given we had only 14 outfield players available. MU's entire squad is fit apart from Saha and Neville and still Fergie couldn't fathom a way beyond Spurs they beat 3-1 a few days ago. cheesy tongue

That makes our 3-0 back to back defeats of Newcastle even more impressive. cool

with another 3 goal show today, we're obviously the hottest attacking force in the premiership cool

Now, back to Dudu vs Tevez. . .Dudu is on 12 goals, with much fewer starts, get back to me on how many Tevez has scored will ya?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 7:12pm On Feb 02, 2008
@Chacal
Remember your statement yesterday? Why do you think Arsenal will lose today and we didnt did you see how we dismantled Man.City? Yall where leading with goals difference how lame is that.We are right back at the top of the hill.Utd's reign at the top is shorter than leprecauns
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ Chacal

Today no good at all. Didn't see the game. Came
into the UK this morning but you know sky don't
show 3 o clock matches.

Heard we had only a couple of shots at goal.

Tell me.

What happened??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 7:38pm On Feb 02, 2008
Today's match was fair. Our players were not composed so it leads to a draw back.

I don't know if some of you guys are fans of Moto GP. If you do notice, whoever crashes at an early stage of the race and doesn't sustain injury they tend to bounce back and gain more pace than a person that crashes when the race almost ended.

What I am trying to say here is that, our injury is just a mere bruise. It is better than loosing a match when the season is going to an end.

Although the matches to played are less than 20, we still have a long way to go. Though the margin for a win will be very short this season, we are going to make it.

There is still a 70% chance that any other club will still loose either 1 or 2 matches before the end of the season.

We can still win the league.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

You are not far from the TRUTH.
United didn't play too well plus CLATTERBUTT gave some horrendous decisions. The man was pathetic.
Berbatov's goal(controversial) shouldn't have counted at all as Jenas clearly handled the ball in the build up.

Giggs was not in the game . . . He was hustled throughout the game. I couldn't count the nunber of times he gave up possession.
The combination of Hargo/Scholes was also a glitch in our matrix. The 2 of em were doing the job of one player.
United didnt come alive until that WONDERBOY(ANDERSON) came in for Scholes . . .  .He was outstanding.
2 points is nuthing at this stage. . . . .Arsenal only needs to draw again with a United victory to put us back ON TOP.

@ Debosky,

Apache is on 14 goals . . . . Ferguson's target for him is 15 goals and he would get 20 at this rate.
He is still miles ahead of DUDU in terms of performance. ACTIM INDEX and OPTA STATS will tell u that.
Apache is 2nd on the ACTIM INDEX and he has the 2nd highest shots on goal in the premiership after Cristiano Ronaldo.

The table does not lie. Arsenal just about shades it as the best attacking side in the land.
United has the best defence and we are not too far away from Arsenal so there's plenty to be happy about.
13 games to go means there are 39 points to be taken . . . . .If i were u, i wont be going Gung Ho yet. . . .
2 points lead is very delicate.

Your excuse of Arsenal only having 14 players barely holds water . . . . You can only play 14 players in a game.
11 players and 3 subs . . . . . .United having 1000 FIT players does not necessarily mean they are superior to Arsenal having only 14.
Wenger should have thunk about that in the January transfer window but he felt he can win with the squad so shush !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 8:03pm On Feb 02, 2008
When yall where going gung ho about a paltry goal difference lead what didnt we hear?We are not planning on leaving that top spot anymore you scumtwats had your chance but its safe to say that top spot is too hot for yall
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2008
When yall where going gung ho about a paltry goal difference lead what didnt we hear?We are not planning on leaving that top spot anymore you scumtwats had your chance but its safe to say that top spot is too hot for yall

@Chacal
What are you blaming the ref for yall are a bunch of pansies you guys have the most penalties this season what else do you want? the ref might as well help yall kick the ball in the net tongue.Pathetic
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ A-40,

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am blaming the ref cos he overlooked Jenas' ball-handling incident that led to the goal . . . . .
How could he have missed that when it was so obvious . . . .
The same Clatter-butt was suspended from Premier league games when he had a shocker in the Merseyside derby.
He is a classic definition of a homer . . . .

The situation is still a ding-dong affair.
Anutha draw for Arsenal with Man Utd winning hurls us back to the top. . . . . .It is as delicate as that.
No one saw Birmingham coming to the Emirates to snatch a draw . . . .U wont see it coming. . .so dont GLOAT yet.
There are still 13 games to go so i am not too disappointed in Man Utd. Especially if u consider the fact that this was a team that whupped y'all 5-1.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ Chacal

what about the handball by EVRA in the box right under the ref's nose?? The ref allowed that to pass as well, so don't give any paltry excuses.

Apache is on 12 goals according to the Man Utd site, add one today gives 13 goals, from 30 games.

Dudu has 12 goals from 26 games, large chunk being substitute appearances, so who cares what OPTA or ACTIM stats say?? tongue

Shots on goal are not counted as relevant, it means he is very wasteful and not efficient, who wants a striker like that? Someone making the best of his opportunities is more valuable than one with all business and activity with little end product. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by delbizzie1(m): 8:42pm On Feb 02, 2008
[quote][/quote]
Especially if u consider the fact that this was a team that whupped y'all 5-1

They whupped us after what 21 attempts spanning almost 9 years, isn't that a record by it self

LC SF1.2 22-Jan-08 Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 1 Arsenal
LC SF1.1 09-Jan-08 Arsenal 1 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
PR 22-Dec-07 Arsenal 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
PR 15-Sep-07 Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 3 Arsenal
PR 21-Apr-07 Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 2 Arsenal
LC SF.2 31-Jan-07 Arsenal 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
LC SF.1 24-Jan-07 Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 2 Arsenal
PR 15 02-Dec-06 Arsenal 3 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur
PR 35 22-Apr-06 Arsenal 1 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
PR 11 29-Oct-05 Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Arsenal
PR 25-Apr-05 Arsenal 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur
PR 13-Nov-04 Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 5 Arsenal
PR 25-Apr-04 Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 2 Arsenal
PR 08-Nov-03 Arsenal 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
PR 15-Dec-02 Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Arsenal
PR 16-Nov-02 Arsenal 3 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur
PR 06-Apr-02 Arsenal 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
PR 17-Nov-01 Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Arsenal
FAC SF 08-Apr-01 Arsenal 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
PR 31-Mar-01 Arsenal 2 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur
PR 18-Dec-00 Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Arsenal
PR 19-Mar-00 Arsenal 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
PR 07-Nov-99 Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Arsenal
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ Chacal,

It's not a nice feeling at all to be in this position.

I will catch it on Match of the Day and football
first (if my host allows) later tonight.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 10:06pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Match choice is ON SKYSPORTS now and they are showing the game!!!!!!!!!!
Tell your HOST to let u watch cos most Naija peops now fancy the NOLLYWOOD CHANNEL(SKY 331) more than anything else. grin grin

@ Debosky,

Stop talking like a ninny.
Tevez has 11 Premier league goals, 2 UEFA goals and 1 goal in the FA cup in 29 appearances.
If u take out the game against Sportin Lisbon in Portugal where he came on for Ronaldo in the 88th min then its 28 appearances.
Thats 14 goals in 28 appearances which is 1 goal in 2 games.
Do the math again and get back to me. . . . . .

How can u say shots on goal are not counted?
It seems u dont know the difference between SHOTS and SHOTS ON GOAL.
Ronaldo is the top player in the Premiership because he has the highest SHOTS ON GOAL followed by Tevez and Wayne Rooney.
All these statistics will count at the end of the season when PFA awards are decided . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2008
did i hear sum1 say man utd DROPPED 2 points?
me thinks man utd GAINED one point.

Chacal,
do u still consider chelsea ur MAIN rival in the title race?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by folahann(m): 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2008
I am lazy Chacal
How many goals has Rooney scored this season; your top striker
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2008
Chelsea will contest when they have all their players back.
By the end of the month . . . . .Chelsea should have everyone back which spells DOOM for Arsenal.
Besides . . . . . .Chelsea will be playing all their HEAD TO HEAD games at Stamford Bridge.
One thing i know is . . . .They won't lose any of those games . . . They MIGHT probably win all of em(9 points)!!!!!!!!!
It is still VERY OPEN.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 10:48pm On Feb 02, 2008
chacal,
u dont get it do you?
its out of chelseas hands now.they are 6 points adrift wid just 13 games left.even if they win the majority of those games, theres a good chance they still wont win the title.they have to pray arsenal slip up at least three more times than they do(cos of the GD).what are the odds of that happening in just 13 games?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 11:11pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ Ritchboy,

What are u talking about?
Everyone would still drop points as things are going . . . . .
13 games to go means 39 points available . . . .Chelsea have the advantage of picking 9 points from their HEAD TO HEAD games.
Add those 9 points to their points now and they have an edge over everyone else.

Besides . . . . . .They have a greater STRENGTH IN DEPTH than the other BIG 2.
Lampard, Terry, Ashley Cole, Essien, Mikel and Drogba will be added to this Chelsea side so please RESPECT THAT.
6 points difference in February means nuthing . . . . .
Man Utd have taken 8 points from Arsenal before in MARCH so keep your fingers crossed.

P.S. 3 draws alone is 6 POINTS lost. tongue tongue Only Liverpool is OFFICIALLY out of the race. Write off Chelsea at your own PERIL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.