Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,876 members, 7,844,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (501273 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2008
@ALL
its ok. . .spare him please
I tell you guys, he loves United but he doesnt know how to admit it.

@Jackal
Leave the poor boi alone. Hes been behaving like this since he returned from Hamburg. you and i know he was with Ferlie, so what do you expect?

@Dayo
dismiss from here

Eldee
wassup man. .forget that thing, that wasnt a penalty

@Cassiel
easy on the guy, he just doesnt know how to support us
you will need ur bullets for the real retard when they come (like i always tell eldee)
easy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by danity: 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2008
dayokanu:

Is your name vanity or Insanity? Please clarify
You fail miserably at being funny.
Please don't try it again.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2008
@Tkb,
Thanks for the sweet memories. Hamburg was sweet. Frankfurt was okay too.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2008
A red card should be awarded to a player if he denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving
towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick
or a penalty kick
@akinlabi
Methinks this one is quite specific
Penalty punishable offence + An open goal without a keeper = Red Card

@Cassiel
easy on the guy, he just doesnt know how to support us
you will need your bullets for the real retard when they come (like i always tell eldee)
easy
lol. . .I've told you before, use the word 'arsenal', 'bullet' doesn't just describe it tongue tongue wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2008
im off. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2008
A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following six offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

* kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
* trips or attempts to trip an opponent
* jumps at an opponent
* charges an opponent
* strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
* pushes an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player
commits any of the following four offences:

* tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball
* holds an opponent
* spits at an opponent
* handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area).

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off and shown the red card if he denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

Pray tell,what did KitKat do to Baros that waz ''an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick''? All he did was protect his poor head.He didn't deserve the red.I'm even doubting the penalty.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 9:35pm On Mar 10, 2008

Methinks this one is quite specific
Penalty punishable offence + An open goal without a keeper = Red Card
lol. . .I've told you before, use the word 'arsenal', 'bullet' doesn't just describe it tongue tongue wink

@ eldee,

Let's get down to the specifics. . .

The chance Glen Johnson cleared of the line from Tevez
in the first half.

After the ball fell to Tevez, if a pompey player had come
from the side to push Tevez to the ground. Would he
have been shown a red card.

Afterall, the keeper was beaten. . . It was an open goal.

Would it have been a red card?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by expressor(m): 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2008
i personally don't like making excuses, we lost to portsmouth and that is it. whatever we say here cannot change the facts.
If you watched the match you will notice that anderson caused that goal. it makes me remember the equalising goal scored by arsenal at the emirates which ronaldo caused. I will really not want to fault him cause his performance this season as been impressive.
I have noticed in recent games that anderson as been played out of position, God help feggy.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 6:36am On Mar 11, 2008
i personally don't like making excuses, we lost to portsmouth and that is it. whatever we say here cannot change the facts.
If you watched the match you will notice that anderson caused that goal. it makes me remember the equalising goal scored by arsenal at the emirates which ronaldo caused. I will really not want to fault him cause his performance this season as been impressive.
I have noticed in recent games that anderson as been played out of position, God help feggy.

Better. Whoever caused the goal. You guys had loads of chances to make the scoreline 7-1 but somehow the ball did not go in.
Blaming a ref for not giving a 7th minute penalty? What happened in the remaining 83minutes plus added time?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 7:16am On Mar 11, 2008
@dayokanu
I agree with u on that one,
Maybe if we had also lost to Milan, we would have been pondering on that Hleb tackle in the box that was a real foul and yet the ref gave Hleb a yellow card(at least Ronaldo wasn't given a yellow card grin grin).We only remember these stuffs when it doesn't favour our team, Hoping to see Ferdinand in gola in the next couple of matches grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 8:21am On Mar 11, 2008
   * trips or attempts to trip an opponent
   * jumps at an opponent
   * charges an opponent

Pray tell,what did KitKat do to Baros that waz ''an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick''? All he did was protect his poor head.He didn't deserve the red.I'm even doubting the penalty.
I'm already getting tired of saying this over and over again.
Still, thanks a lot for clearly stating 'em rules.

As I said before, there is no argument about the fact that it was a clear penalty.
His hand was raised to protect his head i.e he came for the ball and went protecting his head, so
Is it a stone that tripped Baros?
Would Baros have fallen if he didn't put his head in his way?

About the red card, the refree was totally human and logical considering the fact that even his linesmen couldn't see the incident.
Kuzscak rushed forward in a one-on-one situation (yeah, it was still one-on-one before them lot came back), that was a make or mar situation for him.
If you, as a keeper come out for the ball in that kind of case, it's already an attempt to trip the player, because you are on the ground
His only saving grace woulda been if he touched the ball first, and Baros was obviously to smart to have allowed that.
Did he trip Baros? Hell yeah
Was it with his hands? No, but how would the refree know that in 2 seconds?
That's an argument in favour of the video-evidence refree assistance.
I'm not even sure people on low-resolution TVs can still see it now.
Let's accept the truth already.

@Akinlabi
Now u're talking, that case would have been the controversial decision.
The refree is given the power to decide if the tackle was careless or an attempt at the ball.
This one is a clear case of a goalkeeper's attempt to trip a striker.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrFerlie(m): 9:10am On Mar 11, 2008
Leave the poor boi alone. Hes been behaving like this since he returned from Hamburg. you and i know he was with Ferlie, so what do you expect?

oga tkb, wetin ferlie do again? undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 9:16am On Mar 11, 2008
eldee:

If you, as a keeper come out for the ball in that kind of case, it's already an attempt to trip the player, because you are on the ground
His only saving grace woulda been if he touched the ball first, and Baros was obviously to smart to have allowed that.
Did he trip Baros? Hell yeah
Was it with his hands? No, but how would the refree know that in 2 seconds?
That's an argument in favour of the video-evidence refree assistance.
I'm not even sure people on low-resolution TVs can still see it now.
Let's accept the truth already.

So what's the truth?That everytime a keeper comes out for his ball in that kind of case it automatically becomes an attempt to trip the player unless he touches the ball?*shaking my head* Yet we talk about fairplay.Doesn't the intention of the keeper count?It was unfortunate that Kusczak's protective action tripped the sly Baros,who i'm sure counted on exactly that happening.Then the penalty was awarded.Ok,let me accept that the ref had to award it because the fact was that Baros fell as a result of Kusczak's action.But i refuse to accept the red card.I don't see any reason for sending him off.It should've been a yellow.
On your statement,''but how would the referee know that in 2 seconds'', you've just agreed that the referee's decision was wrong.And that's what United fans are vexed about.

Note here that i'm not using this as a cover-up of the fact that United failed to score any goals.That's wholly the fault of the players.But the red card,now that was wrong.And it may or may not have contributed to United's inability to score after that grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 9:48am On Mar 11, 2008
[center]Reds wait on Edwin[/center]

United may have to give Ben Foster his competitive debut against Derby in the wake of Edwin van der Sar's groin injury and Tomasz Kuszczak's automatic suspension.

If van der Sar isn't fit for Saturday, then Foster's return to action for the reserves last week could prove to be perfectly timed.

Assistant manager Carlos Queiroz said van der Sar sustained his injury early in the match against Portsmouth.

"He started to feel it after a couple of minutes when he was striking the ball," reported Queiroz.

"At half-time we decided there was no chance he could keep going."

Alas! sad The injury spirit of the Arsenal camp hits the United camp. But i believe our men are made of sterner stuff grin grin
Get back up Edwin.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 11:08am On Mar 11, 2008
Scum United tongue tongue

Tsk tsk tsk!!!

2 down 2 to go!!

lipsrsealed GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 11:27am On Mar 11, 2008
@loyiks,
I agree 2 to gorab grin grin
Guess you must be shitting in your pants. Worse still all those tracks grin cool . Will be sending you the CDs.

FA Cup?
Shit happens. Remember Murphy's law. If shit will happen it will .
And remember MU4laif's law. Shit only happens twice in a season grin grin It's over and done with cool

League?
Let the boys do the talking

UCL?
Hmmn?

WAN UNITED grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 11:29am On Mar 11, 2008
Another descendant from Mars!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

You are the reason why words like STUPID, NINNY and PLONKER are used freely on this forum.
A pathetic monkey conceived and born on the 1st of APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are so foolish u make J UNIT sound like Albert Einstein. . . . . You have the same brain capacity of a termite QUEEN.
THIS IS OFFICIAL: If u make the mistake of marrying an oaf like u, u shall produce IDIOTS.
You stinking cunt!!!!

@ Loyika,

You are a twit.
2 down, 2 to go . . . . . I thunk that applies to all the team in the PREM.
Remind me, gay. . . . . . How many titles are the GAYnners chasing as we speak?
Pluck out the log in your eyes before u talk about the speck in mine.
United shall leapfrog y'all by next wednesday. . . . . so who controls the destiny now?
Genius Fergie or Arrow/gay/ninny WenGAY? cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ Cassiel,

I will join u when i finish me class.
Keep FIRING!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2008
Chacal cheesy

Your class What could you possibly be hoping to major in Delusion Bsc

Or are you taking Canine classes, FETCH BOY!! FETCH!! grin

Manscum4life grin

The only 2 things players like Nani and Anderson will be grabbing at the end of the season will be two Brazilian whores tits grin Supplied to them by the Protugezzer love-vendor cool

cool GOONER 89

You all should leave Dayo alone angry Its not easy being a TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA PLONKER!! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ Loyika,

You are a serial self-servicer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing Billy The Kid and Wenger will be lifting in MAY 2008 is Eduardo's crutches.
GAYnners are going to use it as an excuse!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2008
You all should leave Dayo alone Its not easy being a TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA PLONKER!!

grin grin grin how did u know?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ tkb417,

It's not hard to figure out!!!!!!!!
DAYO is an oaf!!!!!!!!

Dayo is a disgrace to all the students that passed through OAU.
I know about 20 OAU graduates and i can guarantee u none of em is as empty-headed as DAYO.
Hell, i have a question, if i may, what did the Arrow study in school? Ma educated guess is YORUBA ENGINEERING!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2008
@Jackal
grin grin grin this disease just started. he has been doing some teenagers recently and this has been affecting his brain.

He is a chemical engineer and i tell you he did wonderfully at that prestigious school.
Too bad hes soiling the name of my Alma mata.

Hes a roach for real.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ tkb417,

Are u telling me DAYO passed through the famous WHITE HOUSE at OAU?
Blimey . . . . .He must have used chips n his long neck to get through his first 2 years. . . . How did he manage it?
There's no way a complete doofus like DAYO would have passed those MTH101 and CHM101 courses?
How many years did it take him to finish his 5-year course. . . . I won't be surprised if it's MORE than 10 years grin cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2008
@Jackal
nahhh. . .i think he was in the top 10 in class. His problems aint academics, he's a self made idiot. He was wonderfully and perfectly created by God not untill recently. .

His GMAT scores were pretty high u cant believe it.
Like i said before, his problems are spiritual, he needs total clensing or 'pretty' bad things might happen to him grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2008
@TKB419

u pass out too much info for ur own good embarassed

later u start complaining of the info when being used against u shocked

who cares if Dayo went to OAU ? or he is a Chemical Engineer ?

SHOULD WE START REELING OUT PEOPLE, THEIR IDENTITIES AND THEIR WORKPLACES HERE ?

what happened to the spice of anonymity ? undecided

El Chacal

if u may know, I rate Dayokanu as one of the most brilliant chaps NLAND has produced . . . .the guber debate on WHO BECOMES NEXT GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE, which happens to be one of the best ever thread is a testimony to that tongue

only problem is HIS NAZISM shocked Adolf Hitler must be proud of him . . . . shocked grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ tkb417,

Dayo made top 10 in his class at OAU?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . . .I can see 2 things here.
It's either DAYO was in a class of muppets or he is an IDIOT SAVANT.

To make things clear and concise. . . .
An IDIOT SAVANT is an intellectually disabled person who exhibits extraordinary ability in a highly specialized area, such as mathematics or sciences.
Anutha dictionary defines it as a person who is mentally-retarded in general but who displays remarkable aptitude in some limited field (usually involving memory).

Mr TKB, I owe u and Dayo an apology(my 1st apology to anyone on Nairaland).
If u had told me this long ago, i would never have cussed Dayokanu. . . .His case shouldn't be made fun at.
Matter of fact, tell him i PITY him.

@ MC Omo,

TKB wasn't talking to u and he didn't unveil Dayo's identity.
He only told me his school and his discipline.
There must be 2000 DAYOs in OAU that studied Chemical Engineering so whats your point?
Who even asked u to join a discussion involving astute men. . . .
Last time i checked, there's no difference between u and DAYO. . . . Buncha autistic savants!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:21pm On Mar 11, 2008
@MC
First off, i can't see any info i divulged that Dayo hasnt said here. He told Jackal himself he went to OAU and even the Chemical engineering part. Jackal knows about the OAU thingy wella

Or dayo making top 10 in class should be a closely guarded secrets grin grin grin i bow for u oo
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by danity: 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2008
Oh please! Just because he's good academically doesn't mean he's street smart.
If anything, this has proven that the detrimental effects of being a gunner are severe.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ tkb417,

Ignore MC detergent,
He loves pushing his pinocchio nose in things that dont concern him.
2 United gurus are discussing a German ninny and a GAYnner wants to join in. . . .
I sincerely yhink they don't teach manners in the GAYnner's camp. . . . Buncha dolts.

@ Danity,

Don't bust a gut over DAYO. . . .
I used to think he loves getting under ma skin but after this vital info from tkb, u must admit is IDIOCY is natural.
He doesn't slander deliberately, this nigga is naturally foolish. . . .not environmental induced AT ALL.
Put some money in ur piggy-bank towards his recovery . . . I am arranging A TRUST FUND for his brain surgery in the coming months.
No amount is too small. . . .Help save a ninny!!!!!!!!!! grin cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by danity: 7:46pm On Mar 11, 2008
Well let me know about the fund-raising.
I'll happily donate at least $20 to his cause. smiley
I want to make sure the money has a little impact on him so that i can donate more.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2008
@Jackal
i think it is natural thing for Gaynners to barge in when healthy debates are going on. . .We have been surviving, we will keep on surviving. cool

Back to the issue
Dayokanu's  case is spiritual. .Right from his AWO Hall days where he ate beans for almost 3 years before our good  Lord showered his blessings, hes been showing these tendencies of going AWOL.

his case is already at Synagogue!! Watchout for the upcoming cleasing. I heard it will be televised grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.