Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

A Cure For Malaria? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Cure For Malaria? (26599 Views)

Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / A Vaccine Has Been Found For Malaria? / The Best Drug For Malaria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Cure For Malaria? by smilingjee(m): 9:32pm On Sep 23, 2006
you're welcome josboy
Re: A Cure For Malaria? by Ndipe(m): 4:55am On Oct 25, 2006
One of Kwame Nkrumah's son is working on eradicating malaria in Africa. That is quite an uphill task, because Mosquitoes, the primary vector of malaria thrive in tropical climates (Even California has had incidents of Mosquitoes that causes the red nile virus, I think) like countries in Africa, and their breeding ground is commonly found in open sewages. So, tell me, how can we combat Malaria when we have poor drainage system in Nigeria?

As far I am aware of, there is no cure for Malaria,  one can prevent them by sleeping in Mosquito nets, taking Sunday Sunday  cheesy or Nivaquine when one gets infected. And yeah, it is a cycle.
Re: A Cure For Malaria? by shawna(f): 5:52am On Oct 31, 2006
omg this thread is still alive shocked cheesy
Re: A Cure For Malaria? by prof209(f): 5:24pm On Dec 09, 2008
Greetings to everyone in the house. I have comprehensive information about cure for malaria. For details visit www.cureformalaria..com. Prevention is better than cure.

1 Like

Re: A Cure For Malaria? by folaji: 10:55am On Mar 20, 2009
HI, I'm folaji, an undergraduate of banking and finance in the poly of ibadan. i'm a very cool and gentle person. i do also have a flair of sovling health problems.so youcan share your health problem with me.
[/color][color=#990000][flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: A Cure For Malaria? by Esiso1: 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2009
Get guava leaves, paw-paw leaves, dogoyaro leaves, peel back of mango tree, cut some lemon grass and add lime orange(7) cut all into pieces and add 4 liters of water in pot. Boil it about 40min. Remember to warm it daily.
DOSAGE: Half a cup three times daily after food. Solutions are also available on Typhoid fever, B.P, Nose bleeding, tooth ache in adult, poison, abdominal pain after delivery, sight and eye related problem, fibroid, tuberculosis, cough, internal and external pile, difficult breathing in new born baby, measles, venereal disease, snake and scorpion bite, memory improvement, Eczema, wound, stop vomiting, jaundice and yellow fever ,heat in woman stomach, excess flow of menstruation, dysentery, diarrhea, sickle cell anemia, reduce weight, bed wetting, Ulcer, diabetes, malaria in pregnant woman, weak erection, asthma, rheumatism and arthritis, chest pain, menstrual problem, lost voice, swollen liver, fast heart beat, vagina discharge, pneumonia, body odor, breast cancer, swollen leg in pregnant woman, rashes on private parts, insomnia, night blindness epilepsy, easy labour (quick delivery) stuttering and stammering e.t.c.
Call: 2347030169085 Saturdays only or send a mail to; ESISO@consultant.com
Re: A Cure For Malaria? by oyinda3(f): 9:40am On Feb 07, 2010
lol @gigitte's unsuccessful attempts at trying to explain that malaria is not a virus and technically can't be "cured."

the "cure" for malaria is a good immune system pretty much. just like flu, the infection is more virulent in children under 5 yrs, elderly over 65 and and other people who have weaker or underdeveloped immune system, foreigners whose immune systems are not adapted to the infection etc

and like gigitte said, vaccine can be used to prevent it. vaccines basically serves to "improve immunity to a particular disease" in this case malaria. so that your system fights it off before it can even penetrate.
and medicine such as chloroquine can support the immune system in helping to destroying the malarial parasite. but they don't prevent it.

if a good vaccine is developed and used on people efficiently, malaria will disappear just like cholera and polio in the US, two diseases that have virtually disappeared in the west due to effective vaccination and health, environmental precautions.

one thing to note is that although many of us see malaria as some nonthreatening "no big deal" disease comparable to flu in US, maybe u will have a different opinion if you are a parent of a little child or caring for an elderly. malaria is a leading cause of death among these populations.
Re: A Cure For Malaria? by housedoc: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2010
Interesting post that I can see has been going on for almost 4 years.
Here is some more information
Malaria is the biggest killer of children under 5 in Africa (WHO Health Report 2005)
It is thought that if you survive past the age of 5 in sub-Saharan Africa, you have developed partial immunity and are less likely to die from malaria.
How do you get malaria? From the bite of the female anopheles mosquito which has been infected with plasmodium spp. The mosquito is therefore called a vector or carrier. The predominant parasite species is Plasmodium falciparum, which causes the most severe form of malaria. The plasmodium organism gets into the blood stream through the saliva of the mosquito and multiplies in blood cells destroying them in the process, leading to anaemia (low blood count) the plasmodium multiplies in cycles and each time they are released into the blood stream, they release chemicals which lead to a fever, chills etc. Hence the fever coming and going. They can also block the tiny blood cells in the brain and cause cerebral malaria which can be fatal in children
Who is most vulnerable? Children, pregnant women and the non-immune or previously immune. Those who have lived in a malarious area lose their immunity after a while when they leave. They are therefore at risk of developing severe malaria when they return. Doctors in Europe now treat a lot of malaria in Africans who have visited home recently
How do you treat Malaria? There is a cure, there are several drugs that can be used to kill the plasmodium organism in the blood; these are beyond the scope of this post for brevity’s sake.
Word of note, the incidence of chloroquine resistance is almost 100% in West Africa and it is no longer recommended for the treatment of malaria.
However prevention is better than cure, protect from mosquito bites, destroy their breeding points, kill the mosquito and prevent transmission. Malaria was prevalent in some parts of England in the 1800s but was largely eradicated by draining swamps and eliminating the breeding ground of the mosquito
Simple environmental measures to prevent mosquito breeding; eliminate any stagnant water around the house i.e. gutters, open drains, water storage containers, use insect repellent, mosquito nets, keep trees and bushes outside the house to a minimum, keeps doors windows shut where possible and the use of nets.
Research into malaria is being supported by the Bill Gates foundation, in Nigeria Dr Ofori-Ayinam is working on a vaccine supported by the Bill Gates foundation
Re: A Cure For Malaria? by etutor: 7:13pm On May 14, 2010
grin I think there are natural and simple ways of treating malaria. Have a glance at NATURAL CURE FOR MALARIA, CHECK IT OUT here
http://naturalhealthtipsandcure..com/
and the use of the cinchona tree. cool

Re: A Cure For Malaria? by Ibamixture(m): 1:00am On Jul 26, 2010
One of the nature's remedy I recently came across is African Iba Herbal Mixture. this is a liquid anti-Malaria Herbal Mixture that deals with malaria.For years on End I have been battling with seasonal malaria bouts. None of the "quines" in the myriads of orthodox medicine helped me in this fight against this parasite.Then I found this herbal remedy. At first I thought it was one of those many claims our herbal drugs are known for.Skeptical, though I was I had no option than to take the medicine. Little did I know that the outcome I will get from it can't be far from unimagined.Hence, I sfelt I should share this discovery with this community. This is the LEAST I can do. So for those like me that have stubborn malaria our break is here. After taking this medicine i started diggin to know more about it and found out that it has been in existence since the '60s. It is in the class of Dr. Aladin's Seven Keys (liquid medicine for measels). But now they have gone wey pass them in applying good manufacturing pactice in optimizing the product.The product has moved from second hand bottle to a fabulous package that doesn't look Nigerian.By the way I got the link from facebook.You can see pictures for yourself just search africanibamixture@ymail.com on facebook.Be ware it is a purgative medicine and have to send you to the convenience like 3-4 times.Do not be alarmed like I was. This the mechanism through which it effects its cure. I guarantee you you will be free after the encounter.Extend this gold mine of an info to all and sundry. That is the least you can do.I have done my lot.

Re: A Cure For Malaria? by Olaidowu1(m): 3:25am On Jul 26, 2010
It is very painful that we people don't value what GOD has given us, there are many cure for malaria. Since we all know that malaria is an infection of the blood that causes chill and high fever. it is spread by mosquitoes by deposition of malaria parasite in the blood of an infected person. these mosquitoes are present in almost all the countries in tropics and sub-tropics.
Re: A Cure For Malaria? by Olaidowu1(m): 4:23am On Jul 26, 2010
When GOD created heaven and earth, GOD created leaves and roots that useful for human healing.
Malaria is an infection of the blood that cause chill and high fever. It is spread by mosquitoes that are present in almost all the countries in the tropics and sub-tropics.

Cure of Malaria: Malaria can be cure effectively with
1. Get some lemon grass, 25 limes orange,4 grapes, 2 unripe pawpaw, 2 unripe pineapple, handfull of garlic and ginger boil all with water.
Dosage 1 Glass 3 times daily.
2.Bitter leave ( MORINDA LUCIDA) squeeze a handful of bitter leave with 2 glasses of water. sieve and drink the juice in the morning and evening. continue till the symptom vanishes. Bitter leave has a very useful effect on the blood system, because it purifies the blood. it also stimulates the action of liver to clear parasite from the body.
3. Chew one flesh bulb of garlic (Alllium Salivum) with lot of water first thing in the morning. Garlic is called "NATURE ANTIBIOTIC" it both detoxified and rejuvenate everything in the body with which it comes in contact. to read more about Nature care www.lawalidowulukmon..com
Re: A Cure For Malaria? by smilingjee(m): 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2010
This Recipe works like Magic,

Omi Ogi (Pap Water), Four balls of line, Two Sachet of Alabukun, 6 Teabags of Top Tea, and a small bottle of chelsea gin. Boil for 45 minutes and serve hot.
Re: A Cure For Malaria? by muideenbello23: 11:40am On Oct 10, 2019
K2DaC:
had malaria like 5million times, the drugs n those painful shots that kills ur ass n leg are basically the cure lol.
sure
Re: A Cure For Malaria? by nero1818(m): 2:53am On Mar 14, 2021
omogenaija:
i dont know much bout malaria

but i know that there r shots , that can be used to prevent them,
please tell me the shot... My number is 08036487746

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

77% Of Black Doctors In Us Are Nigerians –reps’ Committee / Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area / 18 Ways Your Phone Is Ruining Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.