Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Funmi's Dilemma - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Funmi's Dilemma (5415 Views)

Poll: Do I marry him and ignore this tithing thingy since i love him so much?

Yes: 25% (3 votes)
No: 16% (2 votes)
Discuss it with him as a condition 4 marriage: 58% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Dilemma / My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? / Relationship Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funmi's Dilemma by DeepZone: 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2008
Dear Nairaland,
My boyfriend hates tithing and strongly believes it's a waste of money but I am the exact opposite of that line of thinking. I also believe that if a man exhibits a particular behavior, he may never change it even after marriage. I'm a bit worried that if i go ahead and marry him, I may be compromising my faith because he may never accept the truth behind tithing. I'm not sure whether he'll change because anytime i bring up the issue of tithing, he goes ballistic and prefers to believe that it's a weapon used by pastors to con their laity. We tend to agree on everything but what if we get married and combine our income, will it be possible for me to stash away 10% of our combined income for God's work? Won't that make him go haywire if he looks at the statement of account?.

The real question will be: Do i marry him and displease God or do I ignore God's word and marry him since I love him so much?
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by Hannibal: 11:32pm On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

Dear Nairaland,
My boyfriend hates tithing and strongly believes it's a waste of money but I am the exact opposite of that line of thinking. I also believe that if a man exhibits a particular behavior, he may never change it even after marriage. I'm a bit worried that if i go ahead and marry him, I may be compromising my faith because he may never accept the truth behind tithing. I'm not sure whether he'll change because anytime i bring up the issue of tithing, he goes ballistic and prefers to believe that it's a weapon used by pastors to con their laity. We tend to agree on everything but what if we get married and combine our income, will it be possible for me to stash away 10% of our combined income for God's work? Won't that make him go haywire if he looks at the statement of account?.

The real question will be: Do i marry him and displease God or do I ignore God's word and marry him since I love him so much?

Dump HIM and marry PATAKI.
Pataki is a strong believer of paying tithes. cheesy
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by DeepZone: 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2008
Dump HIM and marry PATAKI.
Pataki is a strong believer of paying tithes

God forbid!. You have to get a job first before talking about tithes. That broke ass negro needs a JAB.
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by rampagain: 11:34pm On Sep 23, 2008
Every woman wants a fulfilled marriage

sorry to say dis,but for moi,i cant marry such a person

but its ur life,u know wats right and wrong

ur conscience is d answer to ur question
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by KarmaMod(f): 11:34pm On Sep 23, 2008
Lol that's enough for you to be worry about whether marrying him or not? Funny person

I agree with your bf. That aside, dont tell me a whole "women this men that" Funmi would actually get married and rely solely on a joint account? How depressing.

Use your OWN account for tithing and leave his money alone. Let the joint account be used for family expenses

Simple.
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 23, 2008
[s]Funmi, seriously, if you want to get better advice, one that is more considerable than all this NL rubbish advices, find a friend or family to talk to.
Personally, I would not discuss my personal life publicly like this on NL.
I understand that some advice are worth listening to, but seriously. . . .seriously, think about it

Well, this is my 2cent sha.
Some things are better off left at home tongue[/s]
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by KarmaMod(f): 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

God forbid!. You have to get a job first before talking about tithes. That broke ass negro needs a JAB.

Th hell is a jab?

rampagain:

sorry to say this,but for moi,i can't marry such a person

Cos of tithing?  undecided Quite a number of Christians don't believe in it. You may bring up Malachi calling for it and they will bring up Hebrew which dismisses it.
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by KarmaMod(f): 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

[s]Funmi, seriously, if you want to get better advice, one that is more considerable than all this NL rubbish advices, find a friend or family to talk to.
I understand that some advice are worth listening to, but seriously. . . .seriously, think about it

Some things are better off left at home tongue[/s]

Let's just say she's in trouble the next time we bump heads grin
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

Lol that's enough for you to be worry about whether marrying him or not? Funny person

I agree with your boyfriend. That aside, don't tell me a whole "women this men that" Funmi would actually get married and rely solely on a joint account? How depressing.

Use your OWN account for tithing and leave his money alone. Let the joint account be used for family expenses

Simple.
Seriously.
This days, men thinks women are after the money than other things. It's annoying like hell!scratches self
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by rampagain: 11:38pm On Sep 23, 2008
@karma

everybody to his or her own

i love tithing,and i really dont care if d pastor eats d money or not,its wat my spirit agrees wt and so i do it

if others dont fine

thank God i did not end up a  man dat will slap me wen i men tion tithing
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by LadyT(f): 11:39pm On Sep 23, 2008
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Female power out the window LOL
I always had female down as a lesbian due to all her male bashing!

This is a suprise!!!

At the end of the day you cant change how he thinks but that shouldnt stop you doing what you believe is right. Nor should it stop you marrying him!!!

P.S I dont believe in joint accounts its best everyone has their own personal AND a joint account.
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by DeepZone: 11:40pm On Sep 23, 2008

I agree with your boyfriend. That aside, don't tell me a whole "women this men that" Funmi would actually get married and rely solely on a joint account? How depressing.

Simple.
You think I've not thought about that? Wouldn't that be lying unto God since his income is part of my earnings?
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by Flakybaby(f): 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2008
Suit urself gurl, do wat u know is the best.
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by idupaul: 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2008
wht is deepzone starting useless threads, neva was the posters style, hmmm
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by KarmaMod(f): 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

Wouldn't that be lying unto God since his income is part of my earnings?

How would you be "lying to God"
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by LadyT(f): 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

You think I've not thought about that? Wouldn't that be lying unto God since his income is part of my earnings?

Is he paying you to be his wife?

shocked
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by DeepZone: 11:43pm On Sep 23, 2008
Funmi, seriously, if you want to get better advice, one that is more considerable than all this NL rubbish advices, find a friend or family to talk to.

Some things are better off left at home

You pick the ones you can and leave others as chaff. Besides, you never can tell someone may come out with an idea that is yet to occur to you. I may be a deviant and an amazon, but i don't mess with God. I'd rather stay on my own than go to hell because of a man.
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by rampagain: 11:44pm On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

You pick the ones you can and leave others as chaff. Besides, you never can tell someone may come out with an idea that is yet to occur to you. I may be a deviant and an amazon, but i don't mess with God. I'D rather stay on my own than go to hell because of a man.

i love dis outlined statement
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by KarmaMod(f): 11:44pm On Sep 23, 2008
yea I'm sure God's requirement for hell is tithing. Not the fact that you are guilty of bashing other females, it's only tithe the Lord will for because He needs your money. Ar you drunk tonight?

and for someone who claims to be so close to God, what was that crack about reading OK mag more than the Bible?
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by LadyT(f): 11:47pm On Sep 23, 2008
Karma you are wicked tongue
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by Hannibal: 11:47pm On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

U need help!!!!

Sit your stingy boy/friend down and tell him the reasons tithing is important.
Loads of cats don't understand it and since the spirit lives in you(i hope this aint no blasphemy grin), it's your duty to teach the tight-fisted cunt.
This should teach u a lesson. . . . . .Stop dating twitz!!!
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by DeepZone: 11:48pm On Sep 23, 2008
How would you be "lying to God"
Because his money is mine and mine is his'. What if there is a conflict of interest along the line especially if we run into financial murky waters? Do you think he'll let me rest if i continue to write checks to the church?
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by onyinye2(f): 11:49pm On Sep 23, 2008
LadyT:

P.S I don't believe in joint accounts its best everyone has their own personal AND a joint account.
HELL YEAH!!!! [/b]I'm a strong believer that married folk should resist have only one sole account. They should have a joint account and their personal one. Just having one sole account is asking trouble, in fact you are past asking for trouble. You invited it to come and relax in your house. Pull up its feet and watch its destruction begin.

Anyways. . . . . tithing is a [b]PERSONAL
thing. If you choose to tithe, oya then tithe. If you choose not to tithe, then don't. But just don't belittle those who do. I personally tithe, and have been since i was like a child. I mean I just feel that it is right to give back to what the Lord has blessed me with. But if my partner choose not to tithe, so be it. I aint going to cross him out of my life. That is [b]HIS [/b]decision and choice with God. I mean I might try and persuade him but if he feels that it is not what he believes in, who am I to try and confirm him into doing so? I wouldn't want him doing such to me, so I should I do to him? So just let life be life, and let him do whatever. It is [b]HIS [/b]relationship with God, not yours.
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by DeepZone: 11:49pm On Sep 23, 2008
yea I'm sure God's requirement for hell is tithing. Not the fact that you are guilty of bashing other females, it's only tithe the Lord will for because He needs your money. Ar you drunk tonight?

and for someone who claims to be so close to God, what was that crack about reading OK mag more than the Bible?

I don not yield to tantrums from any moral police again. Thank you, it's not worth my time.
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 23, 2008
I don't understand this NL people sef. Even the creepiest ones are preaching the words of God cry
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by KarmaMod(f): 11:50pm On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

Because his money is mine and mine is his'. What if there is a conflict of interest along the line especially if we run into financial murky waters? Do you think he'll let me rest if i continue to write checks to the church?

Your money. Your checks to write.

All that "money is his, mine is his yada yada" doenst work if its for something both of you dont agree with which is why you have it come from your money first then the rest of the money can go to the joint account
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by DeepZone: 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2008
You need help!!!!

Sit your stingy boy/friend down and tell him the reasons tithing is important.
Loads of cats don't understand it and since the spirit lives in you(i hope this aint no blasphemy Grin), it's your duty to teach the tight-fisted cunt.
This should teach u a lesson. . . . . .Stop dating twitz!!!

May be I should put a gun to his head and force him to make out a check to God, abi?

I heard the red light zone is on strike, how are you fairing?
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by KarmaMod(f): 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2008
LadyT:

Karma you are wicked  tongue

Karma's been called a bitch so many times so I'll gladly take wicked  tongue

[size=4pt]how are you, dear?[/size]  kiss
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by DeepZone: 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2008
I don't understand this NL people sef. Even the creepiest ones are preaching the words of God
That's why Nairaland is diverse and rich in culture. grin grin grin grin
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by LadyT(f): 11:54pm On Sep 23, 2008
LOL@Funmi wondering about dumping her husband to be.

If he ever stumbles across this site (thats if hes real) She will be dumped quicker than you can say HOTFUNMI LMAO

You better hold on tight you know time is not on your side!

kiss@Karma
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by Hannibal: 11:55pm On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

May be I should put a gun to his head and force him to make out a check to God, abi?

Stop acting like a crazed ram. . . . .

Use your own money to pay your tithes. . .
Joint account or no joint account(ya paycheck is your paycheck).
Take your 10% out and give to God. . . . . I doubt your boy/f would complain about that UNLESS he is a freeloader. tongue
If he doesn't want to tithe. . . .His loss. smiley
Re: Funmi's Dilemma by onyinye2(f): 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2008
@Lady T,

Your picture looks gorgeous. I really like the braids in your hair. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

On Behalf Of NL Ladies, Mrcork - Please Be Our Valentine Today. / S3x Position Of The Day: The Crab Walk[only For The Adventurous Couple] / ***be Proud Of Your Tribe***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.