Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,786 members, 7,813,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (36719 Views)

Should I Forgive Him And Continue Dating Him, Or Should I Just Let Him Go? / I Refused To Let Him Take His New Babe To My House To Sleep With. / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by topup: 6:20am On Jul 17, 2008
OH MY I AM SILLY! I just made an identical topic just now, about 'letting go of someone you knew you'd never find anyone else like'

I'm not sure, I actually believe I will find someone who will treat me better, though the ex didn't treat me bad until he started doing the whole distancing thing and ignoring my texts and taking long to respond. I'm still not decided whether I loved him or not, I actually think it was more of a 'I miss him texting me, complimenting me, and hanging around and flirting, smooching etc' type of thing.
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by topup: 6:28am On Jul 17, 2008
Raymand:

Been there, done that! but i think i'll meet her soon, gawd i love her soooooo much cry

[size=16pt] PRIEYE I LOVE YOU!![/size]

LOL is she on this site, if not, she will never know or see this declaration of love.

Well my b/f let me go b4 'he hurt me' as he put it, but I know he'll regret it, though we only went out for 3 months, he shared so many deep secrets, insecurities, fears and goals. More than he's done with his best guy friends he said. I have to squash the hope because he is actually doing a great job of ignoring me now, though initially he tried to contact me when I was still in pieces and I ignored it, but now I am actually ok and ready to be friends and guess what he is ignoring my messages! Ai! Anyways, I was curious in your post Raymand because my ex told me 'maybe if you're still single and i'm single in the future', though I know I am a fool to believe and hope I cannot help it, I did not want it to end. Also he told my friends that 'I am the only one for him' but he 'is not ready',

I really have to get therapy, I keep repeating this story. But it is helping!
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by myheart213: 6:55pm On Oct 06, 2010
hey is my story i loved this guy for years like 5 years like 5 years now, this is how it started i use to talk to his friend but me and the x was just friends and i wanted to c him so his friend had drove him to my house and when i was him i was like wow but i never act on it cuz he was a Lady's man and he had so much girls calling his phone so i was like whatever his a player so few month past he wrote me on myspace tell oh i should call him and he gave me number i never called him cuz he was a player i didn want to be with someone like that soo a month past he wrote me again say oh y u didn call me im like i didn want too cuz i no how u is, but we call each other we was talkin everything was good one day i find someone else but i didn love him i care for him but not love so i had stop talkin to player guy for new guy i just met, but i was still talkin to the other guy on the side .i got pregnant for the new guy but playa still wanted me even dough i was pregnant for new gut i fill in love with him when he told that .i told him i cant talk to u no more he ask me y i im with someone and i love u and its too much he told me i love u too i just started to cry cuz he fault the same way i fault, so if grow from that . i cheated on my child father 4 times with playa guy aand them 4 times is what i call love makin cuz i didn love my child father i still don but im pregnant again for my first child father but im in love with the other guy but i don want to heart no one cuz i left new guy for playa but i want but to new guy even dough i don love him but im havin his baby again .idk wat to do cuz i have to let playa guy go cuz its not rite for me to hold on t him cuz baby 1 and 2 is nt for him, and he no about baby 1 but not 2 embarassed
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by ChiEke1: 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2010
Its nt guuuud @al & bliv me,i'v bin der bt u'v gat 2 muv on dearie bt dnt tnk u'l eva 4get d person.tym heals al swtie
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by myheart213: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2010
it so painfull cry but life goes on
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by najalove: 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2010
I agree.
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Omolola1(f): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2010
Bring her back with immediate effect~
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
love can be beautiful as well as painfull
and since this is no movie where u have another life to live

sometimes the best option is letting go,

life's too short to waste on fighting,,,,,

its a 2 way thing. if the girl in question doesn't have the strength of character to defend what she loves
then you had no business being with her in the first place,
i have one policy if a girl i love so  much ditches me
i'll just kneel down and thank my God for delivering me before it got too late

sometimes god uses life's circumstances to push us in the right direction
you'll definetly get over it just don't worry urself
believe me when the right one comes you will be glad you left her

only condition is don't get bitter with ladies/love and stay true to ur game

remember sometimes it gets bad before it gets better
live learn and let live
xoxo

1 Like

Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Taymi: 10:09pm On Oct 06, 2010
Cry if you have to cry,it one of the way of reliving yourself. Alway tell yourself you will get over it someday and you will get better.
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Dyt(f): 8:26am On May 24, 2011
Sacrifice yh
dats wat its called
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by uglyBetty1(f): 9:31am On May 24, 2011
I am there now and am trying so hard to let go. God will see me through. Thanks for all the advices, i think i have learnt something form them.
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Ahbeke(f): 6:37pm On Sep 05, 2011
Yea, i just have to let him go or else my parent with his wife will jointly kill mi, i met him in a car,we jisted like childhood friend we bcom lovers afterward,

we never wanted leaving each other despite the distance,i soo much love me,he said he do too, i never knew he was married he only told me he had a

sour relationship wit a

girl outside the country. My parent found out dat he was married but no happiness, the wife is my step mum junior staff for office,the girl knew me well but

never said anything. Its so painful but i just av to let it go, i still love him, he still love mi too, just the lie nd the circumstance surrounding it can never make us to

b together. I never pray to b a second wife but with him i dnt mind. the wife father is more of a friend to my dad,what will pple say? If he had told the truth

from on scent i wont mind, but now its too late, I LOVE HIM I STILL LOVE HIM ND I WILL STILL LOVE HIM TILL I SEE ANOTHER GUY TO REPLACE HIM IN MY

HEART
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Ladyjide(f): 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2011
I know this one very well!! There is a saying ,
"If you love someone, let them go. If they return to you, it was meant to be. If they don't, their love was never yours to begin with,

1 Like

Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by jaybee3(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^^
How about the saying, If something is worth fighting for grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by MrsChima(f): 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Ladyjide(f): 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2011
jay bee:

^^^^
How about the saying, If something is worth fighting for grin grin grin grin grin

I guess i gave up on that one~ wink Dont use my own words against me now!! , lol
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by jaybee3(m): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
loool
Just pointing out that their is indeed two sides to a coin.
No right or wrong waygrin grin grin
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Ladyjide(f): 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2011
jay bee:

loool
Just pointing out that their is indeed two sides to a coin.
No right or wrong waygrin grin grin

No i think you are just taking a stab at me, lol, but if you say so!
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by jaybee3(m): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2011
Ladyjide:

No i think you are just taking a stab at me, lol, but if you say so!
How dare I take a stab at Queen E
Where have u been all this while though?
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Ladyjide(f): 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2011
jay bee:

How dare I take a stab at Queen E
Where have u been all this while though?
Uhmmm, wink I have been working, working, and when I get tired been doing more work! This is the busiest time of year for me, you can always drop me a line on FB!
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 05, 2011
It hurts. .  I have this ex a long time family friend that just wedded yesterday even tho we broke up 2yrs ago peacefully, I still feel kinda ~oh it could have bn us~ but my present relationship is pretty sweet so I didn't feel much bad bout it. All I owe her is to show her how happy I am for her and wish her all the best in her marriage life. Life is too damn sweet and beautiful to die thinking about past and broken relationship.
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Ladyjide(f): 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^ sad
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
Note really honey
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by asifden: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2011
Could you tell me more … I would love to explore.

love sms messages
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by freecocoa(f): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2011
Well seems lots of people are in this,I've been there too,you just have to let go and move on,its really one of the hardest things to do but I think as time passes,you begin to get a grip on it and feel better.
What really pisses me off is this,you let someone you love go and after a long time(for most people,me especially) you find someone who catches your fancy but because of one thing or the other,you can't start a relationship with the person,thereby going through some kind of hurt again,I don't know if its just wrong timing or ill luck or just nature against somebody.
Matters of the heart really vexes me at times cos the heart often just want what it wants without thinking about the owner,makes me want to rip that part of the heart that falls in love and throw it far away,mtcheeeew.

2 Likes

Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by lizbitelov: 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2011
I met a man many years ago and he was 25 years my senior. you would think what in the world, but love has no boundaries. Out of like 8 years we hadnt seen each other we decided we would  meet and find out that we are both married, but yet not happily, we want to stand by our vows, i guess if i really loved him I would let him go, but trust me its been super hard!, you would think that I have moved on but only life has moved on, i pushed him so far back in the back of my mind and heart that when i saw him, it wasnt the same at first, but then the feelings cam back that quickly as we talked. I hope to get closure even if I never see him again. We know that our destinies to be there for each other is true, but we know that to some degree we arent able to make that happen. I hope and pray that if God allows it that he will bring him back to me either here or in the afterlife, as I believe that Heaven is real. Simply said that is all I would want if that is all I can get from God. Greater love is this that one lay his life for his friend, I am willing to do that, I am willing to suffer and not be with him, I want to have a selfless kind of love because I know that is the love that Jesus had for us all, and if you have ever experienced a selfless kind of love, ITS amazing!! I think everything happens for a reason. I have no regrets in seeing him, I know that God allowed that for a reason. I just look hopeful in the future even if dont have this man in my life. As long as I know that God is in control , God will love this man more than I ever could. Its not easy doing the right thing but I want this man to be the best man he can and I am willing to do anything to make that happen even if it means letting him go. I told this man that I rather hurt than not feel anything at all, I believe that I had been doing that all these years, not feeling anything at all, sure there were moments when I often thought about him, but I told myself that I had to move on and I did but not really, now I am hopeful of a brighter future with better intentions of our goodbye. I hope that one day i can see him or better yet be with him til I die but I want whats best for him, so letting him go will probably be the best thing. Will I still love him, OF course!. I will never stop loving him but I will love him with a selfless love. Will I still think about all the good memories we had? The times he called me beautiful and made me feel on top of the world, of course why not. There is no point in thinking about negatives in order to let him go. You only live your life once, So make the best of it, even if you might experience pain and hurt along the way, Trust me, IT'S WORTH IT!!!, There is no fear in love, Bless you all and I hope and pray that someone will take what I said to heart, Because this life is hard but it doesnt have to end or suck along the way. Make the best of your life with or without that someone that you love with all your heart. One last thing, this man has always been with me, even when we weren't together, it's crazy! I thought about all the times I was not with him and I realized he was with me all the time! Come to find out he had thoughts about me almost every day. So I believe in love and its worth fighting or losing for!!!
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Horlarwanleey: 2:49am On Dec 14, 2012
It hurts a lot
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Goldieluks: 3:03am On Dec 14, 2012
Very painful indeed. sad
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by 190: 7:45am On Dec 14, 2012
Those ladies responding on page 1 since 2006

I hope dey've found men 2marry

1 Like

Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by Santaroyx(f): 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
I have been in that state of emotional drained when I met and fall in love with this guy,but I was able to console myself with the words of "if you love someone let him go if he comes back then he is mine but if he didn't that means he doesn't deserve me or worth my tears, so I was able to let go but b believe me it was hell on earth
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by 190: 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2013
ike4real: ahhhhhhhhhhh people,it is a very terrible thing to love someone,but can't just help the person not going,my strucked me just this last friday,i suffered a serious heart-break,my was so crazy that could u believe my cheek walked me out in the presence of her current boy friend,in her own appartment,while i was weeping and begging her 2 plzzzzz,let us talk things over,infact when i got so persistent with the begging she even threatened to tell the boy to walk me out,if i persist.This is a girl that i can not count au many times i had slept with,in my house uncountable times,in her house,at the balcony,in her friends house at the decking,in her working place on the chair,just name it,i could not believe the entire scenario while it was going on,on friday,[size=38pt]just because this boy has a 190 benz[/size],a nasty camera phone,and some change to go with it,initially when i suspected the whole thing btw my girl and the guy,she claimed and still claims the boy is a yahoo boy,and that she is just a tool for the boy in his modus operandi of defrauding whites,well,what even baffles me the most is the fact that,besides these material things i conceded to this boy,honestly this is not about immodesty,every other thing,i am well ahead of the boy,which my cheek knows,but 4 the material things,hmmmmm,well,simply for the mere fact that since i graduated last 3 months i have been so broke,my girl's attitude changed,but thank god,my friends have been wiping my tears 4 me,with each of them telling me his own xperience,infact i could not bear it to the xtent that i told my mum,and my grand mum,and i am still roaring to tell any body that cares to listen,because i have discovered that the more i tell people,the more i get a little bit relieved,till now i still find it hard 2 swallow the fact that she is gone,my friends have told me to stop begging her 4 now and even 4 life,that she only want 2 catch her fun,that after some time she will come back to her senses,and she will be back crawling b4 me,hmmmm,all this episode i told u that happened in her house were just the anti-climax of it all,b4 that day,enough had happened,she had frustrated me 2 the core,but what will i do now,they have told me 2 leave her alone 4 now and perhaps 4 life,so people it is very difficult to ove someone and have to watch the person slip away.more of gist to come as time goes on.

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! by 190: 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
Santa royx: I have been in that state of emotional drained when I met and fall in love with this guy,but I was able to console myself with the words of "if you love someone let him go if he comes back then he is mine but if he didn't that means he doesn't deserve me or worth my tears, so I was able to let go but b believe me it was hell on earth

really that means your house would have been completed on hell to be brought here on earth undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Internet Hails Houston Lady Who Dumped Cheating Boyfriend In Epic Way / Men: How Do You Handle An Aggressive Woman? / Can You Marry Someone Whose Nude Photos/video Has Leaked On Social Media??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.