Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,153 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? (3701 Views)

Ladies,which Of These Kenyan Celebs Would You Shag Or Date?? / Why Do Men Classify Ladies Who Marry Or Date Old Men As Golddiggers? / Would You Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by carmelily: 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2006
we hear the cliches LOVE IS ALL THAT MATTERS, ANYTHING 4 LOVE< and all that. But really would u date a blind, deaf, dumb or crippled person?
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by drrionelli(m): 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2008
I just found this. I'm surprised it hasn't been deluged with replies.

Certainly, I, myself, would do so (and have done so).
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 08, 2008
Yes. I have a disability myself.
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by iice(f): 8:08am On Feb 08, 2008
Am not exactly a cliche person hence my love get goggles.
Just so long as we get along
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by obstead200(m): 9:32am On Feb 08, 2008
Walahi, I dont know. I would'nt say yes or no. All I can say is that I dont pray that such will be my portion.
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by steaming(f): 11:12am On Feb 08, 2008
Why not? Even an able-bodied person can get disabled at anytime in life, shit happens u kno? 2-legged people have accidents and are crippled, if it were your man/husband, would you leave him on that account? Those are things we have to deal with in life. Its' not all rosy rossy.

Anyways, i have afriend with just one eye and i wouldn't mind dating him if i have to.We''ve been good friends.

1 Like

Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by NaJaHaJe(f): 1:46pm On Feb 08, 2008
honestly, it depends on what the physicall challenge is. undecided
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by uspry1(f): 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2008
Yes i would date or marry a physically challenged person perferrable deaf, possible wheelchair person and crippled. One time, I experienced volunteering to interpret in sign language with a blind-deaf man at our deaf organization meeting.

Because his certified interpreter for the blind NO SHOW UP. So we, 3 out of total 12 deaf members has agreed to take turn volunteering interpreting every 30 minutes in 2 hours meeting. I was one of them because I never have experience with blind-deaf person before. He was the first person I meet for the first time. I want to try for myself. Actually I have seen lot of blind-deaf students at my deaf school residential to visit shortly many times, but blind-deaf student made decision to prefer other deaf school with multi-disability instead of fully deaf school only that does not have blind-friendly equipped for blind-deaf students.

Wow!, after finished 30-minutes interpreting, my both arms and shoulder were tired and sore quickly. Because this blind-deaf man pushed his both hands on my hands heavily relying on understanding my interpreting. Feel like 25 pounds dumbell sit on my both hands heavy i had to lift my arms/shoulder up higher while signing to interpret. Now I get the idea to feel like if he is my boyfriend to rely on assistance---that is too much!!!

This blind-deaf man is very independent bachelor to have his own apartment and job himself, but still don't have real girlfriend for all his life. No one wants him! He has no complain at all---trust with the Lord, that is what he said.
====
Look at the bible on scripture verse at below: Leviticus Chapter 19 verse 14 (English Contemporary version)

I am the LORD your God, and I command you not to make fun of the deaf or to cause a blind person to stumble.
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by jkpretty(f): 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2008
obstead200:

Walahi, I don't know. I would'nt say yes or no. All I can say is that I don't pray that such will be my portion.

Word
@ i'm not sure i have the patience undecided
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by Ebaby2: 4:47am On Feb 09, 2008
Hmmm I can't date one not to talk of marrying

But then again it depend what kind of disability, maybe I might reconsider dating one if he isn't on wheel chair, blind, deaf and dumb or can't perform on bed.

And some times you can't help who you fall in love with undecided, all the time i don't pray to find myself in that type of situation.

You've got to have lot of patience to be able to date a disable person
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by almondjoy(f): 4:53am On Feb 09, 2008
That is a tough one.   Let me say this.  If you are not handicapped, it is difficult to date one who is handicapped.  It takes the special grace of God to see past those kinds of things.  So I will have to be honest and say--No!

If I married him first and he became a handicap, now that is a different matter.  Otherwise that would be very difficult.  I respect people's choices though.  If they can, that is alright by me.  I can support them if that makes them happy. kiss
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by Adeadeleke(m): 7:52pm On Feb 09, 2008
Why not as far as i found love in her and remember sometimes there is ability in disability
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by adeboo(f): 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2008
Its really really hard o.
But seeing the way that i act around someone that i really like, i never say never.
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by 4Him(m): 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2008
honestly no. I like to be on the move, i dont think i have the patience for that.
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by fataiiyo(m): 12:41pm On Feb 10, 2008
what if it is bowleg?
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by fataiiyo(m): 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2008
what about if the person has bowleg?
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2008
@post
am sorry no, am not going to be nice abt my reply. . . the thing is i dnt have patience and i am sometimes hot tempered, so dating or even marrying a PCP is out of the question.
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by drrionelli(m): 10:03pm On Feb 10, 2008
Is it not so that we are all, in some way or another, somehow otherly abled?

@morenike09:
What is "PCP?"
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by uspry1(f): 10:36pm On Feb 10, 2008
drrionelli:

Is it not so that we are all, in some way or another, somehow otherly abled?

@morenike09:
What is "PCP?"

@drrionelli
@morenike09 just lazy to type up fully PCP stands for Physically Challenged Person. Not for illegal drug! lol grin

What about deaf person that is fully abled-body? What about hearing blind person too?

I have my physical disabled that is hidden that no one notices. I am profoundly deaf fully abled-body with wearing a pair of hearing aids and fully equipped around my house such as doorbell/phone ring as a lamp flashing. Nothing to prevent me from doing so! I have my own place, my own business to run, my own car, raise children, can have sex, etc. NOTHING TO STOP me from not able to hear at all!
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by drrionelli(m): 7:22pm On Feb 11, 2008
@uspry1:
Thank you!  I appreciate the clarification.

Let me suggest something.  Let's define "physically challenged."  And, let's be very specific, here.
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by FactorChic(f): 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2008
Honestly, NO undecided undecided undecided
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by hotfunmi(f): 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2008
Marry a retard? Are most men not retards?
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by ifyalways(f): 9:51pm On Feb 11, 2008
@topic,as long as the disabled person is not a liabilty,yes i can.
as long as hes able to make a living for himself,does not wallow in self pity,is intelligent and loves me too,why not?.

1 Like

Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by drrionelli(m): 9:57pm On Feb 11, 2008
Uh, excuse me:
Marry a retard?

Where did that come from?
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by TheSly: 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2008
drrionelli

pls try as much as u can to ignore that deluded & dejected poverty stricken lametard! wink she needs therapy
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by hotfunmi(f): 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2008
drrionelli

please try as much as u can to ignore that deluded & dejected poverty stricken lametard! she needs therapy
schmuck!
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by Rebellious(f): 10:21pm On Feb 11, 2008
hey hotfunmi, the key point here is physically challenged. That means either blind, crippled, deaf, mute, amputated and stuff like that. Being a retard has nothing to do with this, that's mentally challenged.
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 12, 2008
@hotfunmi, the world is not only about men.

From the derivation of various responses so those that are physically challenged would have to marry/date their kind?
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by TheSly: 3:40am On Feb 12, 2008
Hotfucktard!

schmuck!

i'll be back iight cheesy f.uckin' retarded cretin

Topic

not even if i was given. . . . $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 cool
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by Nobody: 3:44am On Feb 12, 2008
Sly, omo, calm down o. . . undecided the girl will never listen, why bother?
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by Dreloaded(f): 3:50am On Feb 12, 2008
Rofl grin
Re: Would U Marry Or Date A Physically Challenged Person? by opokonwa(m): 7:44am On Feb 12, 2008
@poster

IF LOVE DEY . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Have Men Lost Respect For Girls Of These Days? / I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry / Kenneth Okonkwo Brags About His Sexual Prowess, Says He Can Go For 24hrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.