Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Nairaland Official Chess Thread! - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nairaland Official Chess Thread! (116561 Views)

Chess Basics For Beginners / Nairaland's Official Instagram Thread; Post Your IG Handles. / Nairaland Official PSP Apps,games,tutorials & H@cks(striclty For PSP Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by cooldud62: 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2008
i rest my case too cos it looks like you wont get what i am saying.
by the way.lets meet at the other side,look for me when you get there
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2008
cooldud62*:

i rest my case too because it looks like you wont get what i am saying.
by the way.lets meet at the other side,look for me when you get there
how do we play when you are on mobile?, i am in a very bad mood right now, i am upset, , based on some recent development in THE NIGERIAN CHESS WORLD
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by tumfulu1: 11:45pm On Oct 26, 2008
I will ensure your death tomoye.
You are a bastard.

TUFUE! TUFUE! TUFUE!
You have been marked for extermination. . .
Look outside your window and tell me what you see.
Yesssss. . .
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 2:02am On Oct 27, 2008
tumfulu.:

I will ensure your death tomoye.
You are a bastard.

TUFUE! TUFUE! TUFUE!
You have been marked for extermination. . .
Look outside your window and tell me what you see.
Yesssss. . .

CHESS IS A GENTLEMAN's game, please  MR check if you are not in the wrong room, your posts sounds funny to me though but such unprovoked attack may not go down well with the admin, i am trying  to convince myself that you are infact an adult , i guess you need to take a break, have some rest and all will be fine with you. Good luck

“A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably”

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by pnkydbrain(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2008
never knew there was a chess forum on nairaland. Appreciating the effort of Chessguru.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 11:22am On Nov 03, 2008
@pnkydbrain
Thanks, though i havnt bn active for a while now, i have a lot of offline and "on my website " activities to attend to, All the best!!
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by RuuDie(m): 11:11pm On Nov 07, 2008
chessguru,

nice one mate. . . . . i play chess too - still at the lowestt ebbs - my probs are my OPENING & staying focused! Xpecially the latter; the longer the game drags on, the higher the urge for me to pack it in and walk. . . . . . could you please help a brother out with some cool openers!
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 1:31am On Nov 11, 2008
RuuDie:

chessguru,

nice one mate. . . . . i play chess too - still at the lowestt ebbs - my probs are my OPENING & staying focused! Xpecially the latter; the longer the game drags on, the higher the urge for me to pack it in and walk. . . . . . could you please help a brother out with some cool openers!
thanks man------i have been busy looking for cash legally----well that is a piece of cake----please remind me about this thanks!!
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2008
@chessfans
I may not be around for a while----please occupy till i come---and for those that wants to learn the kings game please send a mail to me ---and i can assure you i will let you in on the 411 of the game you wilkl be very good at chess in no time!!
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by switch47(m): 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2008
@guru
So where are you? have you been banned?
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by switch47(m): 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2009
;d,
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by insight04: 12:32am On Jan 12, 2009
Does anyone know the two move checkmate ?
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by vescucci(m): 4:28pm On Jan 30, 2009
There's no such thing as the two move mate. In real chess anyway. I'll be back here when I have more time. I wanna know how good the peeps in here are. Apart from Chessguru of course.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2009
vescucci:

There's no such thing as the two move mate. In real chess anyway. I'll be back here when I have more time. I wanna know how good the peeps in here are. Apart from Chessguru of course.
a two move mate is possible in the game of chess-------rare in practice but -----it is possible.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 10:36am On Mar 25, 2009
-----THE CHESS GURU RETURNS!!
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 13, 2009
Hi all. could some1 let me know about any chess clubs or tournaments in nigeria?

Your two moves mate is 1.f4 e6 2.g4 Qh4#. It is called foolsmate, as u see, white must so foolishly it is almost impossible to actually witness it. The scholars mate involves more coordination and is seen against beginners. It is a four move checkmate.
1.e4 e5 2.Bc4 Nc6 3.Qh5 Nc6 4.Qxf7#

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2009
Hi all. could some1 let me know about any chess clubs or tournaments in nigeria?

Your two moves mate is 1.f4 e6 2.g4 Qh4#. It is called foolsmate, as u see, white must MOVE so foolishly it is almost impossible to actually witness it. The scholars mate involves more coordination and is seen against beginners. It is a four move checkmate.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chessguru(m): 7:58am On Apr 21, 2009
Fortissimo:

Your two moves mate is 1.f4 e6 2.g4 Qh4#. It is called foolsmate, as u see, white must MOVE so foolishly it is almost impossible to actually witness it. The scholars mate involves more coordination and is seen against beginners. It is a four move checkmate.
it all depends on where you are located in nigeria. if you are in lagos, then you are in luck!!
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by bilms(m): 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2009
where can one register as a player,

for professional chess game competetion
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 10, 2009
Yep. I dey lagos. so chess guru what do you suggest. by the way i know a little trick in the Queens gambit
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 10, 2009
redhotpawn and chess dot com
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 10, 2009
my last post was to you bilms. any1 in the lekki area want a game of skittles?
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by cooldud62: 8:56pm On May 16, 2009
Fortissimo, whats the trick you know about the gambit?

where are you in Lagos? On the mainland?
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by icezik1(m): 8:54am On May 17, 2009
Chess thread nice. Who chess chess notation. Maybe we can play a game?
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 5:23am On May 18, 2009
I do ice Zuk! I'll be white lets go, e4

No I'm on the island but I dont mind coming to the mainland to play, cooldude. It's a real complex trap that I read somwere. Maybe I'll post the notations for you.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by cooldud62: 11:24pm On May 19, 2009
pls post it, i will be in lekki this weekend,
maybe we can meet.
will mail you.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by cooldud62: 10:15pm On May 22, 2009
chessguru, how far now?
you don "hammar"? grin
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 4:53am On May 26, 2009
o boy e be like say i don 4get am! embarassed

Anyway how far, is there a chess clun in lagos? Some1 should direct me, now.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 9:16am On May 29, 2009
Here's a game I completed on redhotpawn a few hours ago. I played as white (Goshen). Sicilian Defense, Classical Variation.

[Event "Challenge"]
[Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
[Date "2009.05.26"]
[EndDate "2009.05.29"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Goshen"]
[Black "USArmyParatrooper"]
[WhiteRating "1352"]
[BlackRating "1448"]
[WhiteELO "1352"]
[BlackELO "1448"]
[Result "1-0"]
[GameId "6357877"]

1. e4 c5 2. Ng1f3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nf3xd4 Ng8f6 5. Nb1c3 Nb8c6 6. Bf1c4 e5
7. Nd4f3 Bc8g4 8. Bc1g5 Nc6d4 9. Qd1d3 Nd4xf3 10. gxf3 Bg4d7 11. Bg5xf6 Qd8xf6
12. Nc3d5 Qf6d8 13. O-O-O Bf8e7 14. Rh1g1 O-O 15. Rg1g2 Bd7e6 16. Qd3d2 Be6xd5
17. Qd2h6 g6 18. Bc4xd5 Ra8b8 19. Rd1g1 b5 20. Rg2xg6 hxg6 21. Rg1xg6 1-0
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 30, 2009
come on people!! where una dey? angry angry
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by cooldud62: 12:11am On Jul 02, 2009
your notation is the problem for me,
stop including the square left when writing,
just write the destination and the officer's name.
E.g Rh1g1 should simply be Rg1

That said,
The game is a nice one,
your opponent (black) played well until you had the chance to fork his queen and a spot that will make him loose his rook if your knight checked.
What killed him most is castling to an open file where he could be easily killed.
Your own castling 0-0-0 reduced your attacking tempo but paid off finally when he did the wrong castling.
Nice game, i wish i could play you.

How many minutes did you guys use? it looked like black didnt manage his time well.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Roadblock: 2:50pm On Jul 02, 2009
Hi chessGURU, i am really impressed at your loyalty to the game. Are you on gameknot? I will like to invite you to a game. Let me make a fish of you with a common grunfeld moves. If ypu are on gameknot, what is your username so that i can invite you to a game

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Pls Help Me On How I Can Install PES 2013 On My Computer. / Efootball PES 2024 PPSSPP Android Game Download / How To Use Cheats On Android PPSSPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.