Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,821 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Our Orphic World - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Orphic World (10169 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Orphic World by amaks: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2008
Pilgrim.1 i did miss u when u wernt around,welcome back.
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2008
@amaks,

Thank you for your prayers and very warm encouragements. May the Lord Jesus fill you with blessings far beyond your dreams and use you far more than what I have experienced since coming to know His love. It is well with you and your family forever - in Jesus Name. Shalom. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Our Orphic World by ayinba1(f): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2008
@DAVID
thou art soooo CHEEEEESSSSSSYYYYY

@REINDEER

even CHEEEESSSSSIERRRRRRR

@PILGRIM

probably the CHHHEEEEEESSSIIIEEEST

Hey, nothing wrong with cheese! grin
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2008
ayinba1:

@PILGRIM

probably the CHHHEEEEEESSSIIIEEEST

Hey, nothing wrong with cheese! grin

@ayinba1, how body? Well, na your say - if nothing wrong with cheese, let's enjoy! cheesy
Re: Our Orphic World by olabowale(m): 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2008
@Pilgrim.1: « #41 on: Yesterday at 08:17:21 PM »

Olabowale,

Quote from: olabowale on Yesterday at 07:42:40 PM
@Pilgrim.1: « #6 on: October 03, 2008, 11:54 PM »
Woman, you would have impressed me, if God of Christians; be it the father god, son god, ghost god, or even Jesus, or trinity was written on anything, in get this; the language of which any of it was spoken "originally," before the Europeans took over from the Semitic Children of Israel!

Lol, my dear sir, you are really sounding like a child. This thread is not about impressing anyone - much less about seeking to impress you! Who do you think you are? I'm sad for those who reason the way you do; because the one thing you're failing to understand is that the thread is bringing people's attention to the "orphic" phenomena in our world. These issues are not the designs or handycraft of pilgrim.1 - so what is this hilarity of yours about seeking to impress you?!?

Read your entry below about the Muslim who suggested to you that there is none of these types of phenomena, about the Christian "god!"

« #6 on: October 03, 2008, 11:54 PM »
Quote from: pilgrim.1 on October 03, 2008, 11:49 PM
Well, a few of my muslim “friends” on YIM have “kindly” asked me in very critical terms (apart from the remonstrances) to check the “signs” of Allah all over the place.

So, there they are. But although some were naïve to assume that it has always been “allah” written on those medium/media, they supposed (nay, ‘alleged’) that one could not find a similar “sign” for the European’s god (by which they meant that no such signs could be found in the English equivalent of “God”). I remember someone gently “reminded” me on the forum that Jesus never spoke English (“never heard of it”, said she) . . by which she had thought of calling my attention to the name ‘Allah’.

That being so, I only smiled and asked those gentlemen to come back here and let me help them see just the very thing they alleged was never in existence. Below, you will find “GOD” written on the side of the alligator:

Michael Wilk was tossing back a few beers with friends when he saw
God on the side of his 4-foot-long pet alligator. The white markings
popped out against a backdrop of black scales to form the letters G-O-D.”

source: http://purgatorio1.com/?p=473 (more here)

Is "God," in English, equating to "godhead or godheads of the Christians? Which one of them exactly; father or son or ghost?
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2008
olabowale:

[s]@Pilgrim.1: « #41 on: Yesterday at 08:17:21 PM »
Read your entry below about the Muslim who suggested to you that there is none of these types of phenomena, about the Christian "god!"

Is "God," in English, equating to "godhead or godheads of the Christians? Which one of them exactly; father or son or ghost?[/s]

Reminder:

pilgrim.1:

olabowale link=topic=178839.msg2900347#msg2900347 date=1223289606:

You got to answer my "questions."

I don't need to - and that has been made clear so many times:
I'm not interested in any Islamic arguments on the forum.
Re: Our Orphic World by pussylover: 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2008
@plus queen

@ pussy be a man and stop whining like a little sissy

I can see your pilgrim's mugu dog that is ready to lick her ass just for her to mark you present. Dont worry since you love to elevate this religious monster to become your jesus christ, i wont stop you. Maybe when she changes and tells you about Allah Tomorrow, you will also be her b**tch and convert too.

Anyway, thanks for the link to that conversion story, i was having trouble locating it. Now i have seen it well and i am about to post it on some muslim sites world wide and some Atheist sites world wide.

I promise to post you their opinions and see whether i am the only one that is disturbed by her according to you. I might even link her e-mail to them maybe she can recieve beautiful and kind mails from them everyday grin

Shebi according to you, i am the devil and i am out in full force abi? Then there is no need to disappoint you since you place me so highly.

Just relax and wait for the daily feeds from other muslims world wide and atheists about this so called "Testimony and Word of God talk", lol grin

Like pilate said" I wash my hands from the future comments and kind words she would start recieving from tonight", lol

I only hope one of them doesnt take it too personal and decides to issue a fatwa on her in real life grin Even if they did, so what? Who cares?

Excercise patience my dear, excercise patience!
Re: Our Orphic World by ayinba1(f): 12:00am On Oct 07, 2008
@pilgrim

No need claiming that "someone" pointed  out that Jesus never spoke English. I pointed that out to you and feel free to show us evidence that he spokee/knew about english language.

@pus lover

Any muslim that has understanding will not read pilgrim's "conversion story " and place a fatwa on her. I mean what for?

Objectively reading her conversion story, I found a lot of disturbing facts which I tried to point out,  but her swarm of intoxicated and euphoric converts would always scream "blue murder" Oh, it's because she left Islam. The fact is all the things that she listed., especially her path to conversion, (boyfriends!!--never an Abdul,  Hakeem , Rashid, always jake, beau and wth he's called) are totally unislamic. AT the point of her boyfriend's healing, (boyfriend #?), I just knew she had nothing.

If you send her email to people that may cause her harm, that will be unfair. Truth stands clear from error. Let us watch and see how far  the euphoria lasts!
Re: Our Orphic World by jennykadri: 12:04am On Oct 07, 2008
the fact that the God of d islam does not perform instant miracles,does not mean dat the God of d bible does not

as far as am concerned the God of d bible performs miracles in very unusual manner,using d fooolish to confirm the wise
Re: Our Orphic World by ayinba1(f): 12:09am On Oct 07, 2008
@very unusual

like the guy raised from dead after autopsy and cremation, in Naija! wetin man never hear grin
Re: Our Orphic World by jennykadri: 12:11am On Oct 07, 2008
ayinba1:

@very unusual

like the guy raised from dead after autopsy and cremation, in Naija! wetin man never hear grin

whether a man was raised or not,all i know is dat the way of our God is quite diff from d way of men,since una God dey do things in usual ways i wonder why u pple worship him?cos then he is just a mere mortal or dont u think grin grin grin

wen sthg is unusual then there is a gretaer power than the usual
Re: Our Orphic World by ayinba1(f): 12:18am On Oct 07, 2008
absolutely, jenny grin
Re: Our Orphic World by jennykadri: 12:26am On Oct 07, 2008
ayinba1:

absolutely, jenny grin

ok,so ALLAH is a mere mortal,thanks for the insight ayinba grin
Re: Our Orphic World by plusQueen: 12:51am On Oct 07, 2008
everytime allah allah allah grin
even on a totally unrelated thread, allah!
Is there a reward in Islamic paradise for mentioning his name a particular number of times grin
Re: Our Orphic World by ayinba1(f): 1:14am On Oct 07, 2008
@jenny

No, ALLAH is not a mere mortal. The comment, "absolutely" was in response to
jennykadri:

when sthg is unusual then there is a gretaer power than the usual

@queen

Ask jenny
Re: Our Orphic World by jennykadri: 1:22am On Oct 07, 2008
y should she ask jenny ayinba ,wat has jenny done dis time?

u brought in d conversation indirectly,i came out directly,so does dat not make d both of us?
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 1:31am On Oct 07, 2008
@ayinba1,

ayinba1:

@pilgrim

No need claiming that "someone" pointed  out that Jesus never spoke English. I pointed that out to you and feel free to show us evidence that he spokee/knew about english language.

What was my response to your assertion? Did He speak Arabic? You see why when you guys raise issues of this nature and want an argument by all costs, I often ask you lot to look a bit closer back home and see where your assumptions lead.

ayinba1:

Any muslim that has understanding will not read pilgrim's "conversion story " and place a fatwa on her. I mean what for?

It doesn't matter if they do - what would be their gain?

ayinba1:

Objectively reading her conversion story, I found a lot of disturbing facts which I tried to point out,  but her swarm of intoxicated and euphoric converts would always scream "blue murder" Oh, it's because she left Islam.

My conversion story was not meant to appeal to Muslims, much less Christians. Just as you may have found a lot of disturbing issues in it, so have several Christians - and some have contacted me off the forum to chat about these things as they see that from the onset I ave often and again made clear that I did not set out to lay a foundation for a theological debate of sorts thereto. I have shared answers with those who contacted me; and I did not think it wise to again bring them here on the forum. Of course, others have sent me worse than Abdul's email - and I still thanked them all. If there was nothing to my story, why then are you guy so reactionary to a simple sharing of a part of my life? Besides, when you tried to raise a few points, it was someone else who set your misgivings straight - and you acknowledged your mistakes in having misread the relevant parts. If you had anything further to share, there was not a single moment I discouraged you to do so - and I was more than willing to share with you. But have you done so?

ayinba1:

The fact is all the things that she listed., especially her path to conversion, (boyfriends!!--never an Abdul,  Hakeem , Rashid, always jake, beau and wth he's called) are totally unislamic.

True, never an Abdul, Hakeem, or Rashid for a boyfriend. At the time, I was not in Pakistan nor in Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan - you understand why now? And it is true - it was not quite Islamic for a (former) muslimah to speak about 'boyfriend', because it automatically conjured the idea of zina (fornication) in their minds. However, I was sharing my story without trying to pretend anything - for: (1) I was not speaking as a Muslim; (2) my audience were not particularly Muslims (or I would have gone to the Muslim childboard to type it there); and (3) my audience were English speaking people who understood the culture of the West and had no problem understanding that having a boyfriend di not automatically infer that I was commiting zina.

Do I regret having mentioned them? No - why should I be when indeed I was not guilty of what has been alleged about zina, whereas there was no reason in my story why anyone should come to that conclusion unless they wanted to force themselves to think so. Again, the Western democracies are very unlike the Muslim cultures of the East - and people are free to interract across divides of race, gender and social status. I hinted on one of my trips to Pakistan (which I did not detail in that story for the gruesome experience I witnessed there); and I could be thankful that even as a Muslim, it was the democrasy of the West that broadened my mindset and threw me into the world of learning. How many American ladies today are unaware of the fact that you can achieve anything in America because of the relative freedom to everyone to study and work hard?

Even if I did not mention particularly Muslim boyfriend[b]s[/b] (plural), I had several of them - not only so, I categorically mentioned that among my friend[b]s[/b] (pl) were people of other faiths and worldviews: Jews, Mormons, adherents of the Grail Message, etc. However, my particular reference to Christian friends was simply because they had the most profound impact in making me re-think my position and calm down from my Islamic attitude towards them. As is obvious even on the forum, how many times do we see Muslims debate atheists, of adherents of the Grail Message? No - it has always to be against Christians! And that was the very life I lived as a Muslim - castigating Christians and Jews, slurring their faith, and yet was highly praised by Muslims for that very thing.

The difference it all made for me was that when I became a Christian and knew what it actually was for someone to be born again, I had come to love people genuinely - and it didn't matter who they were: Jews, Christians, Mormons. . . and even Muslims themselves, from whom I faced the most difficult moments of my life! Daily I lived in fear, and just could not comprehend why the same people who praised me formerly were those who sought to have my removed from existence.

Did I suddenly become an angel overnight? No - I was quite naive. Even though I knew for sure that I was born again, it took time for me to learn how to walk by the Spirit. In our human nature, we could face moments of the same temptations to be angry. . . and yes, I have demonstrated that same spirit even when I registered on Nairaland and debated Muslims on the forum. Then after I resumed from a long break, you could bear witness yourself that one thing that is consistent with me is my refusal to enter into any arguments with any Muslim. I have never sought to go over to the Muslim section to type anything there; and I have categorically stated again and again that I am not interested in any such discussions with Muslims on the forum. My level of participation on the forum also dropped - and like someone else noticed, I have sought to diversify my efforts to a range of other interesting concerns.

Of course, angry Muslims continue to email me so many unprintable things. I have had nothing for them than thanks and God's blessings upon them. What it easy? No. . . but the wonderful thing is that people who did not know me nor know themselves have also been such encouragements to me. They may think that I was such an inspiration to them and my testimony helped them renew their fellowship with the Lord, and in some cases brought others to Christ; but what they little realize is that THEY are the ones who have taught me much more than I have known for the past year. I am constantly reminded that the power in the Name of Jesus Christ is much more than mere talk, debates, arguments, or clever quotes. For me, it was not theology that settled the issue for me - it was the fact of undeniable miracles and God's mercy to let me experience them for myself! I would indeed have been a fool if I refused to heed the clear attestations of what I witnessed.

ayinba1:

AT the point of her boyfriend's healing, (boyfriend #?), I just knew she had nothing.

Maybe you thought you "knew" I had nothing - but why are you disturbed about it? And "boyfriend"? Yes, boyfriend - though I am accused about zina by every Muslim who has ever highlighted that issue, I don't regret having mentioned it because I know their accusations are only accusations and not true.

Healing? Unbelievable, I agree - but as a former Muslim, I knew if anyone claimed a miracle in Islam, they would not come back saying that they knew it was "nothing". It is okay to doubt. But if you had stood there with a sarcastic heart as I did, ready to ridicle someone who was that ill and you had no pity for his humanity, you would indeed have had to be a person with a heart of stone. Even though I did not believe in the prayer I offered, I was more than shocked that the prayer was instantly answered and he rose up from his couch fully healed!

Just imagine a Muslim standing there: formerly I had doubted anything and everything about the claims of Christians and healing in Jesus' Name. Consequently, I knew this gentleman was ill and was not faking it. What would an atheist father be doing with tears in his eyes as he watched his own son seriously ill? Could it be possible that his atheist father was also pretending to play along with his son's illness? Is that how atheists behave - even towards their own sons? Especially when such an atheist father had loved ridiculing his son's faith? Don't you think he would have been the very first person laughing his head off as he watched the "pretence"?

But, leave all this argument aside - because it was not the atheist father's tears that melted my heart. I knew this guy was ill. A second thing was that I knew this guy's character: he was not the type of person to lie - not even about his own health! A third thing: before that time, he had spoken directly to me that I would hear my dad refer to Jesus as "Lord" (which sounded like blasphemy to my Muslim ears). . . and it actually happened! You don't go away pretending all these matters as mere coincidence, if you were in my shoes.

But for me to have prayed that prayer and seen this guy healed before my very eyes - especially when I meant it as a joke - it was too much for me to take in! Unbelievable? Yes. But did it happen? Yes. What was the reaction of his atheist father? He was as gobsmacked as I was, but he said nothing! If it were all a well-written pretence for a drama piece, why did his father not start laughing out loud that I had been fooled? I have carried that question in my heart to this very day!

A second question was this: why would Jesus have answered a prayer uttered by the mouth of a (former) blasphemer who ridiculed Him and Christians and the Bible with bitter aspersions ferreted from atheist and skeptic sites? Honestly, I don know! I won't pretend that I have any answers. Some have suggested that it could be explained by quoting some verses from the Bible. Plausible; but I cannot truly answer why He would hear that prayer and heal this guy before my very eyes! What kept going through my heart was the fact that the guy in question had categorically said that he knew that the Lord wanted me to pray so I could see what He can do! What I meant as a joke (just to "prove" him wrong) turned out to be a serious reality. If there was nothing at all I learned that day, I went home with this lesson: never, ever in my life joke with the power of that Name! Never ever!!

Dear ayinba1, it's okay to doubt - I once was a serious doubter of miracles done in Jesus' Name. Even if it happened by my prayer, I knew that it would be a loss for me personally if I had not given my life to Him. I mean, just because someone performed a miracle in Jesus' name does not mean that such a person has a genuine relationship with Him (cf. Matt. 7:21-23). What I know is that the instant I called Him "Lord" (which I formerly refused to), at that same instance He actually healed me of my bitterness against Jews and Christians. . . and even helped me to love those who had sought to end my existence for simply becoming a Christian.

I have sought ever since my returning from that break, to not engage Muslims in debates and arguments. Rather, even though I had been invited much earlier to share my story, I was first praying about it and always heard in my heart to wait. I shared this with my email friends - and only one person from all who encouraged me said she would actually put me on her prayer list. The very day Queenisha invited me again to share, that same lady popped up on my YIM and asked if I felt what she was feeling. And that was: sieze the moment and tell your story - don't enter into an argument with anyone, just share your story. I asked her why (even though I felt the same way at that instance as she felt), and her reply shocked me: "I deeply feel there are 3 things that will happen from this: 1. you will be attacked severely; 2. someone will come to know Christ on the forum - and that person has been unfairly criticised by you, pilgrim.1; and 3. you will receive threats upon your life."

All 3 things have happened. I do not need to try and overstate them here; no need to repost emails about them. But I still am amazed that this same person that shared this with me was someone I had unfairly treated in the past when debating Catholicism on another thread. She was not a nairalander; but after that episode, I apologised to her and we became friends. She was the very same person who corrected me that I was wrong in assuming that there was only one place where the expression "full of grace" was used in the Bible! I learnt to respect her so much and valued her friendship deeply. Those who knew this event when I debated the Catholics will testify about what I'm stating here.

I'm not someone who tries to pretend issues in my life. I have made mistakes - and I come back to admit them. I have been unfair to several people on the forum - and I came back to apologise publicly on the forum to them. I have learnt a lot form even people who are not Christians: these all (Catholics and other Christians, as well as very few Muslims; a few non-Christians) have helped me become better at handling issues. When people attack me, I have been better able to forgive - most times, I log out of my YIM or Nairaland to pray for those who are bitter towards me. If they do not understand something about me and keep accusing their misconception against me, I still thank them and forgive them. I have no fear or anger towards them: and as they go back to my previous way of doing things, they can see a real and down to earth person who frankly admits her faults and never pretends anything.

ayinba1:

If you send her email to people that may cause her harm, that will be unfair. Truth stands clear from error. Let us watch and see how far  the euphoria lasts!

I have nothing against anyone sending me threats by email. Lol, I have even received a trojan virus by a "friend" once - luckily it was my personal PC and not the one I use for study or work. I agree that truth stands clear from error - and that is why I have stated again and again that I am not interested in theological debates with Muslims. I would like those who keep sending me their venom by email to see it here again: pilgrim.1 is not interested in arguing Islam with anyone. The truth is: Jesus changed my life - and He is my Lord and Saviour. I extend the same love to all who read this, and it is my heartfelt desire that they would be blessed much more than words are theological arguments can ever convey.

Thank you and God bless you richly - in Jesus' Name. cheesy
Re: Our Orphic World by pussylover: 2:26am On Oct 07, 2008

Trying pathetically hard to cover up the truth that she persecuted christians before and now persecuting Muslims.

Hmm, How convient she has forgotten to add that through her aggressive way of debating she might have actually turned a lot of neutrals into Atheists because they were fed up with these Religious bashes and flip flops!

A leopard will never change its spots. Once a Persecutor of faiths forever a persecutor.

I have been unfair to several people on the forum
Words on Marble cheesy

For someone so unforgiving in destroying other people's faiths and denomination all of a sudden seeking for redemption, is hypocritical to say the least. Is she saying that all that time she was persecuting faiths, she was naive and she wasnt in her right frame of mind and now she is mentally stable? All the time that she devoted hours and hours of time to destroy faiths were just a glitch in the system now she sees the real picture?

Has she for once thought about the feelings of other people and faiths that she mentally tortured when she was happily bashing them to pulp so as to gain some sort of cheap popularity award as a theological scholar and leave faiths in ruins?

Tell that to the thousands that read her debates neutrally or debated with her with so much fury and aggressiveness that ended up changing religions or left their faiths completely! Is this the grand design of her God to use her to inspirationally and spiritually make people mentally and physically suffer? Sometimes i read her previous posts in the catholic or muslim threads and i wonder where she got that power to decapitate faiths and denominations with so much happiness and joy and confusing it to mean truth while at the same time not caring whether she has left a person in a melancholy state to despise his faith? To her those debates were all about winning and losing and not about sharing the faith.

It was a win a debate at all cost and to hell with the loser and his denomination for all she cared. It was never about winning souls to christ what so ever. It was about making her self the most visible and dreaded member of nairaland religion and anybody having a contrary view to her was entitled to a white washing and undue humilation. The word of God was never on her cards. To disgrace a fellow nairalander was her major aim anytime she logged on. Even if she wasnt invited into that thread, she took it as a call to duty to snoop around and deal mercilessly with any member she thought erred in terms of her way of thoughts and thinking. Humilation was her virtue, To Embarass was her Motto. I hope she can pat her self on the back for a job well done!

There are so many forums out there trying to win converts to their faiths but i have never come across anybody like pilgrim that is so emotional and extremely aggressive to pursue her cause! Personally i have met a nairalander who brought up the topic of pilgrim and her discussions on nairaland. While she has made herself "WORLD FAMOUS" and everybody knows who she is, what she doesnt know is that this guy refuses to partake in religious debates anymore and he is seriously questioning his faith with all these things he has read through pilgrim. They say too much information is bad and Pilgrim has spilled out more than necessary.

The Guy these days isnt even interested in his faith anymore and i think it's just a matter of time he walks away completely. Who sowed that seed? Your guess is as good as mine!

Yeah Right! undecided
Re: Our Orphic World by Gamine(f): 2:53am On Oct 07, 2008
oh my!! shocked

From Orphic to Pilgrimic

Why wont they just leaf dis gyal alone eh undecided
Re: Our Orphic World by ayinba1(f): 3:07am On Oct 07, 2008
@pilgrim

For once, read my post and take it as a response to your story. I am not having an Islamic debate with you. When you post things about Islam/that you did while muslim, and you are wrong, I do not think that it is too much for a muslim to correct you and whoever else is reading. Claiming to be an ex muslim, you mislead people by claiming all those things you did were acceptable as a muslim.

You are free to post but any falsehoods detected will be pointed out.
Re: Our Orphic World by plusQueen: 3:50am On Oct 07, 2008
if the same muslims are sending her death threats what are we to think?
doesn't Islam advocate death to those that leave it?
must you folks continually attempt to fool your readers?
you can speak the truth for once ms Ayinba.
are these folks doing anything contrary to Islam?

the highlighted happens to be a question
Re: Our Orphic World by reindeer: 7:43am On Oct 07, 2008
Why are people so unfair?

someone says hey i changed and all this commotion?

if you dont believe her story then so be it.if you do then ok
is it so hard to leave her alone, all these attacks sound so much like what bad losers do.
but i bet you all these noise is becuase she changed from ISLAM. if she was a former atheist all the noise woundlt have been. Death threats, verbal assaults, insults haba, simply because she changed.
what can be source of this much hate?I dont know much about islam but if islam preaches this much hate then the followers must run fast to the God of love, Even atheism doesnt, atheists seek to bring humanist concepts out that says humans can be good without God.

leave her be, if you have your own story, tell it, and stop being a reactionary force in this world, those without initiative who wait for other people's experiences so they can shout.

I still pray that all of you one day will come to know the power of christ and experience peace.
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 8:11am On Oct 07, 2008
@ayinba1,

ayinba1:

@pilgrim

For once, read my post and take it as a response to your story. I am not having an Islamic debate with you. When you post things about Islam/that you did while muslim, and you are wrong, I do not think that it is too much for a muslim to correct you and whoever else is reading. Claiming to be an ex muslim, you mislead people by claiming all those things you did were acceptable as a muslim.

I have always held out an invitation for people like you who are too assuming. Not in any place on the forum have I claimed to be an expert on Islam (nor even am I close to being an expert on Christianity for that matter) - but if you really want to know how very little you know about the Islam you parade, then by all means get in touch and let me share with you privately on these matters. You will come off surprised about the things your mullahs endorse and make them actually official doctrine. I lived my life, and no other muslim lived it for me. The wonder of every Muslim trying to "correct" me as if I was an encyclopedia of the masjid is why I ask them to simply get in touch and let me share with them on what they don't know.

Cheers.
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 8:18am On Oct 07, 2008
Gamine:

Why wont they just leaf this gyal alone eh undecided

Lol, just let them be. One can easily understand why people react the way they do. . . we are living in a very "orphic" world. wink
Re: Our Orphic World by idupaul: 8:27am On Oct 07, 2008
PLs feed me with more orphic stories pilgrim
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2008
Hi @idupaul,

How body? Lol, I'll try and post some more about "orphic" phenomena in due course.

May I also mention as an asides, something which someone brought to my attention: when she read my entries about "orphic" phenomena, she was alarmed and wondered if I was now dabbling into witchcraft! shocked Haha! I assured her that wasn't the case - and although I didn't state it earlier on, this was to bring our attention to the fact that inexplicable things happen in our world. A few other things I offered her to take a look consequently soothed her mind. Lol, no - pilgrim.1 is not dabbling into witchcraft and she is still very active and committed to her Christian faith. Incidentally, the emailer and a few others have requested that I post more reports about the UFOs. So I guess you (idupaul) are not the only one asking me to do so. . . and I'll share a few more before moving on to the other examples of the "orphic" phenomena of our world. Fair enough?

Blessings. wink
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 9:01am On Oct 07, 2008
[size=14pt]Lenticular Clouds[/size]

Sometimes some people try to explain some of these UFO phenomena as if they could pass for everyday occurences. However, a different kind of explanation to these occurences exist to help understand that not every occurence should be regarded as a UFO. One such explanation is the idea of lenticular clouds, which are clouds that appear shaped like saucers or disks and tend to be stationary in the sky. A few of these lenticular clouds are given below, with picture credits to their various sources at the valuca.pizco.com webpage:

© Piczo.com

© Bob Askew, at Devon, UK.

© Gianandrea SandriRoberto Cavallini; at Damascus, Syria.

© Fabiano Busdraghi; at Puerto Natales, Chilean Patagonia.

© Ahmad Jamaludin; Malaysia.

Although so many of these clouds have been sited in different places at various times, one thing is clear: they are inadequate explanations for the real occurences of UFOs like the one posted earlier and testified to by the politician and the pilot.
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 9:42am On Oct 07, 2008
[size=14pt]Sonic Boom and Sound Barrier[/size]

[list]"Many people have heard a sonic boom, but few have seen one. When an airplane travels at a speed faster than sound, density waves of sound emitted by the plane cannot precede the plane, and so accumulate in a cone behind the plane. When this shock waves passes, a listener hears all at once the sound emitted over a longer period: a sonic boom. As a plane accelerates to just break the sound barrier, however, an unusual cloud might form. The origin of this cloud is still debated. A leading theory is that a drop in air pressure at the plane described by the Prandtl-Glauert Singularity occurs so that moist air condenses there to form water droplets."[/list]

Source: pizco.com

Re: Our Orphic World by olabowale(m): 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2008
@Pilgrim.1: « #86 on: Today at 08:11:55 AM »

@ayinba1,

Quote from: ayinba1 on Today at 03:07:35 AM
@pilgrim

I have always held out an invitation for people like you who are too assuming. Not in any place on the forum have I claimed to be an expert on Islam (nor even am I close to being an expert on Christianity for that matter) - but if you really want to know how very little you know about the Islam you parade, then by all means get in touch and let me share with you privately on these matters. You will come off surprised about the things your mullahs endorse and make them actually official doctrine. I lived my life, and no other muslim lived it for me. The wonder of every Muslim trying to "correct" me as if I was an encyclopedia of the masjid is why I ask them to simply get in touch and let me share with them on what they don't know.

Cheers.

Your email is p_romanio, right? I will be getting in touch with you. Or my email is aqeedahfisrt@yahoo.com. Please get in touch with me. I think whatever you do not want to share publicly, when I get it, I will share it publicly, at my own joke and expense. I will then respond to you publicly and privately on the matter!

At best, we see that you claimed not to have been an expert in Islamic religion. At the same time, you are asking people who are older than you, yet remain in Islam to get in touch with you for some"secret/what they dont know," about Islam! What will you come up with if you are an expert? Even John Esposito of Georgetown University and other Orientalists could not be this cocky with ungrounded "confidence!"

At best, since you discover "Romance, being boy crazy," around 2001, with "hijab," on your head, you are probably not more than 25 years old! The same exact age as my first son. Now, what will you know as a secret not worth sharing with the rest of the world, except with previleged few, "like us, in Private?" Is not like that you a muslim? What do you care about the stability of a religion you found so abhorring that you left it for a one that allows you to "romance, and deep yourself in a mantle of someone other than yourself will bear your burden." Heck, Plus_Queen told you that am old enough to be a grandfather! All my life, I have remain a muslim. I have spent 2 times your age already. I read Qur'an in Arabic. Is there anything I can learn from a disbelief about belief? The only this is that I should not do what disbelief does!

Is not like anyone cares about your thought. Your id is P romanio! You sound more latin/italian/spanish than a Yoruba Nigerian African woman. So, all these charade is unnecessary! And when you "reveal" the secrets, we will defend "Islam," not "Muslims" by the Books of Allah, the Al Qur'an, and, by the Hadith and Sunnah of the Messenger (AS)!

You are a funny bunch, all by yourself!
Re: Our Orphic World by jennykadri: 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2008
pilgrim kindly ignore dis pple

seriously ur replies to them is beginning to annoy me,concentrate on ur thread and dont go offtopic

period
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2008
olabowale:

[s]Your email is p_romanio, right? I will be getting in touch with you. Or my email is aqeedahfisrt@yahoo.com. Please get in touch with me. I think whatever you do not want to share publicly, when I get it, I will share it publicly, at my own joke and expense. I will then respond to you publicly and privately on the matter!

At best, we see that you claimed not to have been an expert in Islamic religion. At the same time, you are asking people who are older than you, yet remain in Islam to get in touch with you for some"secret/what they don't know," about Islam! What will you come up with if you are an expert? Even John Esposito of Georgetown University and other Orientalists could not be this cocky with ungrounded "confidence!"

At best, since you discover "Romance, being boy crazy," around 2001, with "hijab," on your head, you are probably not more than 25 years old! The same exact age as my first son. Now, what will you know as a secret not worth sharing with the rest of the world, except with previleged few, "like us, in Private?" Is not like that you a muslim? What do you care about the stability of a religion you found so abhorring that you left it for a one that allows you to "romance, and deep yourself in a mantle of someone other than yourself will bear your burden." Heck, Plus_Queen told you that am old enough to be a grandfather! All my life, I have remain a muslim. I have spent 2 times your age already. I read Qur'an in Arabic. Is there anything I can learn from a disbelief about belief? The only this is that I should not do what disbelief does!

Is not like anyone cares about your thought. Your id is P romanio! You sound more latin/italian/spanish than a Yoruba Nigerian African woman. So, all these charade is unnecessary! And when you "reveal" the secrets, we will defend "Islam," not "Muslims" by the Books of Allah, the Al Qur'an, and, by the Hadith and Sunnah of the Messenger (AS)! [/s]

You are a funny bunch, all by yourself!

Reminder:

pilgrim.1:

olabowale link=topic=178839.msg2900347#msg2900347 date=1223289606:

You got to answer my "questions."

I don't need to - and that has been made clear so many times:
I'm not interested in any Islamic arguments on the forum.
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2008
jennykadri:

pilgrim kindly ignore this people

seriously ur replies to them is beginning to annoy me,concentrate on ur thread and don't go offtopic

period

Okay, thank you nne. People like you are a blessing to me. God bless you. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? / Kukah To Politicians: Stop Running To Pastors, Imams For Endorsements / What's The Biggest Miracle You Ever Received From GOD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.