Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,615 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Our Orphic World - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Orphic World (10179 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2008
Hi @jennykadri,

Rather than keep trying to type anything to converse or discuss with them, I have simply stayed on posting the default reply as I did with the Reminder thingy. No need for me to go into long story on any religious debates with them. I apologise if this annoys you, and I understand. Please don't let it come across to you that way. . . patience and God continue to bless your heart for Jesus' sake. How body today?
Re: Our Orphic World by jennykadri: 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2008
body dey inside cloth jare,how u dey?

u sef u know say they will always be war in d enemies camp wen one finds the true light,but wen such war happens,leave d battle for God to fight for u

after he said --------The battle is not ours but his

wink
Re: Our Orphic World by jennykadri: 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Hi @jennykadri,

Rather than keep trying to type anything to converse or discuss with them, I have simply stayed on posting the default reply as I did with the Reminder thingy. No need for me to go into long story on any religious debates with them. I apologise if this annoys you, and I understand. Please don't let it come across to you that way. . . patience and God continue to bless your heart for Jesus' sake. How body today?

ok,i don hear u

its just dat im a very hot tempered person,so i try as much as possible to avoid watever that will trigger my anger,but smtimes sm pple will keep pushing it to my face
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2008
@jennykadri,

No, you're not hot-tempered my darling. Lol, I'm learning everyday; and am very much blessed by friends like you who have helped me to mellow with reason.

jennykadri:

u sef u know say they will always be war in d enemies camp when one finds the true light,but when such war happens,leave d battle for God to fight for u

wink

Yes O - you're very correct. He has fought all my battles and proved His mercies faithful every single time. All glory to Him.
Re: Our Orphic World by KunleOshob(m): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2008
@Pilgirm.1
And others who are interested in the UFO phenomenum, check out this site http://www.bibleufo.com/ make sure you are armed with your bible while browsing the site for cross reference purpose, it promises to be really mind buggling. Also a caveat: those who don't want to risk their world views being changed need not bother to check the site enjoy cheesy
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2008
KunleOshob:

@Pilgirm.1
And others who are interested in the UFO phenomenum, check out this site http://www.bibleufo.com/ make sure you are armed with your bible while browsing the site for cross reference purpose, it promises to be really mind buggling. Also a caveat: those who don't want to risk their world views being changed need not bother to check the site enjoy cheesy

@KinleOshob,

You're such a lovable brother! Thank you for that reco - I haven't even browsed a quarter of it yet; but someone else had recommended that same site following my post on the UFO testimony by the politician and pilot. Some very intriguing articles on that site. . . can't rush to digest them.

Other phenomena will be posted soon in detail. Another kind brother asked me to look into the phenomenon of crop circles and make a committed statement instead of "ducking behind the lame excuse of having no answers" (his quote). Well, my thanks again to him; and I will take some time off to look deep into it and make some more detailed postings on the phenomena. However, I no go lie naw. . . if I no get answers, why I go pretend hubris? grin

It's sha all good. . . we are learning more about orphic realities in our living world. Whatever are the interpretations, may God help our hearts to know how to love and serve Him above all else.

Shalom.
Re: Our Orphic World by KunleOshob(m): 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2008
Yeah the site is really interesting, only problem is that after i spent weeks going through it and various links attached to it i was left with more questions than answers. One thing though if you read it with an open mind it is guranteed to open your mind to possibilities. wink
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 7:40pm On Oct 07, 2008
KunleOshob:

Yeah the site is really interesting, only problem is that after i spent weeks going through it and various links attached to it i was left with more questions than answers. One thing though if you read it with an open mind it is guranteed to open your mind to possibilities. wink

Precisely my thoughts.

The thoughts on that site are so deep; so I'm going to have to spend some time to get the big picture before I offer any synthesis from what they have shared. Meanwhile, I'm a bit fascinated about the mystery of the crop circles - which will feature first before coming back to the UFO to tie the pieces together (especially as some think that the crop circles can best be explained by the activity of real occurences of UFOs that nobody talks about). Hmm, na wah.

Till then, have a great evening. wink
Re: Our Orphic World by reindeer: 10:52pm On Oct 07, 2008
hey guys
just read an intesting book

I DARED TO CALL HIM FATHER BY BILQUIS SHEIKH

If you havent read it, pls go get it! its another fantastic story of salvation. cheesy
Re: Our Orphic World by affee(f): 11:05pm On Oct 07, 2008
Read it a long time ago and I agree it is an interesting and uplifting.

I hope you now understand why it takes our brothers/sisters a long time before they can understand the intimacy and freedom we have in Christ.
Re: Our Orphic World by reindeer: 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2008
meeeen
it was quite uplifting!
and i now understand all the uproar in the house!

jesus is lord!!!!
Re: Our Orphic World by KunleOshob(m): 10:06am On Oct 08, 2008
@pilgrim.1 and others interested in "our Orphic world"
Another amazing website i would like you to visit is http://www.s8int.com/ it took me weeks to go through this site and i was really mesmerized, truly there is soo much evidence of unexplainable amazing things that have happened on this planet and are still happening. I am sure we all would learn a lot from this site. Another beautiful thing is that the site provides a lot of factual evidence of God and amazing biblical incidences. The section on the human dna and the complex language (real language) it was written it is mind blowing. Truly this site answers a lot of questions much as it poses a lot more.
Re: Our Orphic World by olabowale(m): 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2008
@reindeer: Bilquis Sheikh, and you and you will all end up at the same end.
That end, is not what I want. And many have left Christianity for Islam. Just
look at the Western native citizenries who are now muslims!

@Jennykadri: « #98 on: Yesterday at 01:06:44 PM »

Quote from: pilgrim.1 on Yesterday at 12:57:52 PM
Hi @jennykadri,

ok,i don hear u

[b]its just that I'm a very hot tempered person,[/b]so i try as much as possible to avoid watever that will trigger my anger,but smtimes sm people will keep pushing it to my face

Drink water from Wudu container. It will calm down your heart.

@Pilgrim.1: #99 on: Yesterday at 01:15:31 PM »
@jennykadri,

No, you're not hot-tempered my darling. Lol, I'm learning everyday; and am very much blessed by friends like you who have helped me to mellow with reason.
[/quote]

An admiration society is born, in the same way of "Star is born, of Barbara Streisand and Chris Chistopherson movie." All are vanities. Where is the reality when the day of judgement arrives and there is only a single God; Allah doing the Judging?!

[quote] from: jennykadri on Yesterday at 01:01:57 PM

u sef u know say they will always be war in d enemies camp when one finds the true light,but when such war happens,leave d battle for God to fight for u

Yes O - you're very correct. He has fought all my battles and proved His mercies faithful every single time. All glory to Him.

If you are the only one on earth, rather if only the Christians are the people who have won battles, then it will a litmus that God is theirs, exclusively, and he does not belong to others. But that is not the case. There are many more battles won by God's permissions, by many other than the Christians. Even the nonbelievers are victorious in many ways more than you can count! Look at the people of India, China, Russia of the old USSR block, Japan, etc.
Re: Our Orphic World by reindeer: 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2008
@ kunleoshob

thanks that site is soooo filled, its gonna take a while to go through.
thanks a bill!
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 11:46pm On Oct 08, 2008
KunleOshob:

@pilgrim.1 and others interested in "our Orphic world"
Another amazing website i would like you to visit is http://www.s8int.com/ it took me weeks to go through this site and i was really mesmerized, truly there is soo much evidence of unexplainable amazing things that have happened on this planet and are still happening. I am sure we all would learn a lot from this site. Another beautiful thing is that the site provides a lot of factual evidence of God and amazing biblical incidences. The section on the human dna and the complex language (real language) it was written it is mind blowing. Truly this site answers a lot of questions much as it poses a lot more.

@KunleOshob,

Infact, I cannot thank you enough for helping out in sharing these matters. Just as reindeer has stated already, it is a really packed site. The highlighted parts in your quote should now be more helpful to capture the essence of this thread, especially for those offline who are wondering about my interest in these matters. Lol, actually it was meant to start out as an experiment particularly for those who are too polarised to the naturalistic worldview, so that they understand that there are supernatural phenomena in our world which the naturalistic worldview does not explain. It is okay for some people to hold unto rationalism; but how then do they account for events that are clearly “orphic” occurences?

I’m still looking at the UFO and Crop Circle connection at the moment.  Certainly, some of those crop cirlces are clearly man-made, and they artists have documented their talenst about such. However, these artists have not trie to imitate the phenomena of UFOs, so we can relax now and concentrate on the crop circles that are not man-made. cheesy

Anyhow, I would like to first share some of the amazing photos of intricate crop circle designs, before discussing a few others that are suspected to have been supernaturally produced by alien forces. Enjoy. wink
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 11:48pm On Oct 08, 2008
@reindeer,

My beloved, how are you getting on? I've been hoping all these days to drop you a line or two; but been a bit occupied. Well, here's a huge hug in the love of Christ to you. . . enjoy His mercies everyday. Blessings. cheesy
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2008
Crop CirclesAn Intro

___________________________________________________________________

Crop circles are patterns created by the flattening of crops such as wheat, barley,
                  rapeseed (also called "canola"wink, rye, corn, linseed and soy. The term was first used
                  by researcher Colin Andrews to describe simple circles he was researching.

Although since 1990 the circles have evolved into complex geometries, the term
                 "circle" has stuck. Various hypotheses have been offered to explain their formation,
                  ranging from the naturalistic to the paranormal.

Naturalistic explanations include man-made hoaxes or geological anomalies,
                  while paranormal explanations include formation by UFOs. Many circles are known
                  to be man-made, such as those created by Doug Bower, Dave Chorley, and
                  John Lundberg,  and a 2000 study into circle hoaxing concluded that 80 percent
                  of UK circles were definitely man-made. Bower and Chorley were awarded an
                  Ig Nobel Prize in 1992 for their crop circle hoaxing.   

~~~ Source:  Wikipedia
                ___________________________________________________________________

Picture credits: Next Nature
Re: Our Orphic World by idupaul: 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2008
grin grin happy orphic is back on air
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2008
More to come, my bros. Hope you're doing well? wink
Re: Our Orphic World by reindeer: 12:26am On Oct 09, 2008
Dear sis
im fine o and hanging on to the presence of God as my life depends on it, i registered for some daily bible study stuffs online and i get daily promises, and i now share a prayer sms group with a few of my new friends.
its great and God has been good to me, things that normally would have gotten me down now elicit chuckles from me, thanks for your prayers and this goes to everyone who has prayed and has been praying for me.
May his peace extend to all those on nairaland!!
God bless nairaland.

jesus is lord!!
Re: Our Orphic World by idupaul: 8:00am On Oct 09, 2008
pilgrim.1:

More to come, my bros. Hope you're doing well? wink

ok, am gud; hw are u doing?
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2008
reindeer:

Dear sis
I'm fine o and hanging on to the presence of God as my life depends on it, i registered for some daily bible study stuffs online and i get daily promises, and i now share a prayer sms group with a few of my new friends.
its great and God has been good to me, things that normally would have gotten me down now elicit chuckles from me, thanks for your prayers and this goes to everyone who has prayed and has been praying for me.
May his peace extend to all those on nairaland!!
God bless nairaland.

jesus is lord!!

@reindeer,

Wow! That is just brilliant! Your life since coming to know the love of Christ has been such an encouragement to so many others – almost every other day when someone drops me a line, there’s been mention of you; and I’m so thankful that the focus has shifted from me to more about what the wonderful power of Jesus Name can do in somebody’s life. May your joy ever abound. Jesus is indeed Lord. wink
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2008
idupaul:

ok, am good; hw are u doing?

Bros, I'm doing good - and very grateful to God for all things. Sorry I've been a bit slow in growing this thread; but as soon as I'm a bit more settled, you find plenty to interest you. Cheers.
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2008
More Crop Circles

What fascinates us is the precision of the intricate designs over large areas of fields. Especially the geometric and other daedal outlines add to the wonder of this phenomena, that even among those that are man-made, they are so arresting! I’m sure some others have come across even more elaborate designs, but for those who need easily accessible examples, enjoy the following:

Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2008
Now, we don’t know what to make of the report of crop circle designs mysteriously  appearing on human and animal bodies. No, I’m not kidding – a few reports are out there of crop circle designs on a man’s chest as well on a passive cat. Whether or not the carriers of the report were kidding, I don’t know: you may just want to read through for yourself.

_________________________________________________________________________

Extraterrestrials Leave Crop Circles in Cat’s Fur

Like any other British moggie, Bianca naps for 18 hours a day. She eats an average diet
           and lives a normal life. In her spare time, she enjoys shredding paper towels and swatting
           things that move on the telly. Everyone is puzzled as to why aliens chose this particular cat
           for their latest “crop circle” prank after nearly thirty years of mowing crop circles in
           the fields of Wiltshire.

It is believed that crop circles form as a result of the flight and landing patterns of flying
           saucers, or UFO’s for short. England has been plagued with visits from these strange
           vehicles since the late 1890’s, but only recently has the phenomena become famous.
           A number of cats have reported alien abductions in relation to crop circle formations in
           their area, but none of these have been confirmed.

Bianca’s case is the first recorded incident in which a crop circle has formed in a cat’s fur.
          On the left side of her back and abdomen, aliens have etched what appears to be the shape
          of many circles that altogether look like a fish with pellets shooting out of its mouth.

“I believe that it is a message from our brothers from Planet Hsif,” Bianca said in an
         interview on Wednesday. “They must think that we should prepare for a battle with
         Earth’s fish.”

Although Bianca does not recall being abducted by aliens, she reports that her bottom does
        “feel a bit sore” and she plans to stay home for a few days to rest up.

source:  Cat Nabbit
           _________________________________________________________________________
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2008
Re: Our Orphic World by KunleOshob(m): 10:20am On Oct 10, 2008
@pilgim.1
you are really slowing down your posts on this interesting thread angry i guess you are spending too much time on the tithes thread undecided
pilgrim.1:

Bros, I'm doing good - and very grateful to God for all things. Sorry I've been a bit slow in growing this thread; but as soon as I'm a bit more settled, you find plenty to interest you. Cheers.
Re: Our Orphic World by obinna5000(m): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2008
@pilgrim.1
Who is the barber that did those crop circles on his chest hair? He is very good.
I don't believe all does crop circle sightings in the USA. Tell me why are there no crop circles in Africa?

@KunleOshob
How u dey? grin
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2008
@KunleOshob,

KunleOshob:

@pilgim.1
you are really slowing down your posts on this interesting thread angry i guess you are spending too much time on the tithes thread undecided

Lol. . . lovable brother! grin Na true you talk. . I should slow down on the other one on tithes as well so that I can grow this thread. One reason why I have been soooo slow here is because. . m-e-n!! those sites you and some others recommended are just sooo super! I don't even know where to start or how to tie them together so that I don't end up boring or confusing people the more. There's been some clippings here and there that may bring our attention to a few undeniable occurences - and in due course I shall try and post them, in connection with the findings of scientific investigations as to the real cases that have been recorded. Pray for me - I'll share them soon. wink
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2008
@obinna5000,

obinna5000:

@pilgrim.1
Who is the barber that did those crop circles on his chest hair? He is very good.
I don't believe all does crop circle sightings in the USA. Tell me why are there no crop circles in Africa?

Hmm, bros. .  me, I no get answers for the many questions about these orphic phenomena. Although there are an abundance of hoaxes in crop circles, my brother there are many others which science investigators have concluded that they are not man-made. What is even more interesting is that these conclusions have been reached by some who were skeptic about supernatural or paranormal occurences.

Why they don't happen in Africa is like someone saying he does not believe in rainfall because it happens everywhere else except in the Atacama desert! grin  Click on the link and see why such a person may argue that he does not believe in rainfall - because even though it is said that there has been no rainfall in the Atacama desert for close to 20million years, yet how does the village of San Pedro de Atacama survive such an arid place on planet earth?

Reputed to be about 15 million years old and
100 times more arid than California's Death Valley.

Well, obinna5000. . . whether dem shave crop circle for oyibo man chest or not, there are definitely orphic phenomena in our world. Me, I no get answers to all of dem and will not pretend any such answers. One thing I know is that even skeptics are not able to deny the reality of these orphic occurences.

Shalom.
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2008
Okay, after the long wait it was just about time that I faced up and devoted some time to grow this thread. The info I browsed through was quite packed and perhaps may intrigue some of us as it did me.

Crop Circles – What Are They?

One succinct definition has it that:

‘Crop circles are organized harmonic forms that manifest around
the world, the result of an energy interacting with the physical world –
in this case plants. This energy is comprised of light, sound and
magnetism. To date, crop circles have been reported in 29 countries,
and have appeared in mediums such as wheat, barley, canola, trees, ice,
rice paddies, even linseed.’  ~~ The Crop Circular

Although it is the typical reaction of many of us to wave away mysterious events with a skeptic shrug, these phenomena are beginning to captivate the attention of many investigators. Albeit there are confirmed hoaxes in these occurences, not every single case can be dismissed summarily as such.

Crop Circles have been reported in so many diverse places, from as far as the British Columbia to Britain and toAustralia, these circles have been noticed since the 17th century; and the recent interest in them is not unconnected with reports of UFO activities.
Re: Our Orphic World by pilgrim1(f): 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2008
Mystifying, Enigmatic

Some of the baffling experiences linked to genuine crop circle fields include, but not limited to:

Strange Energies

People who have visited genuinely formed crop circles report that they have felt really strange while within the circle fields – as if it put them in altered states of consciousness - and later felt normal after leaving the circle. Also reports of effects on mobile phones were not uncommon as mobile network connections could not be established, or the cell phones as well as wrist watches suddenly stopped working. As well, in a few other cases, compasses taken to the fields shortly after the circles were formed, start spinning uncontrollably. However, some other oddities include vortices, strange sounds or vibrations. Some reports have been made of strange reactions of farm animals and pets, which range from fear to being indocile and aggressive, such as dogs barking at unseen presence – but those pets returned to normal when they left the vicinity of the circles.

Strange Events

How are crop circles formed? There are many theories about this; but no one has been able to say for sure just how precisely these phenomena occur. Some have attribued them mainly to UFO activities, which happen so quickly that the ingenuities of men are unable to produce such intricate designs in as such short time scales. Often there are no footprints where the circles have been created; and in some instances the plant stems are so intricately woven with one another to produce those patterns that it could not be humanly possible to achieve such a feat without breaking a single stem of those plants.

Strange Effects

How does one explain away these phenomena where the strange energy is said in some instances to have had adversely affected farm animals and pets and yet seem to have very little such effect on the plants themselves? While the stems of crops are sometimes charred, the plants remain healthy and grow until they are harvested. However, the animals often are undeniable tellers of these strange presence – for animals, birds, and insects in the areas depressed are often found flattened, fried, or otherwise instantly killed ( reported here,1 ). As can be seen from the pictures below, the stems of plants are bent by the strange energy but remarkably not one of them is found broken.

As another website reports:

‘Whatever process is employed, it actually alters the fundamental
biophysics and biochemistry of the plants. Some have described
the effect as resembling an exposure to intense, but not harmful,
microwave radiation. The entire surface of some formations is glazed
with a layer of minute particles of pure iron, while areas just outside
the effected areas are not. The purity of these particles is not found
in iron produced anywhere on Earth.’ ~ Terrestrial Anomalies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Praying Rock Discovered In The Ocean / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.