Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. (32930 Views)

Sahara Power / Stanbic Ibtc Pension Test May 2014 By Kimberly Ryan / How Was D Sahara Power Interview Last Week Friday? (16/09/11) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
Double27: I sent you a mail.
Pls kindly reply. TX
I haven't seen it.
Follow back and drop ur msg
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Double27: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
aooyelami:
I haven't seen it.
Follow back and drop ur msg
Sorry I dont receive pm. The mail was to ur yahoo address.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by klifeomg(m): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
MrZin:

Seconded, I hope another 1wld enter for trans to surulere.. Respect #Teamoutsidelagos. Bt make e no run belle shaa..
Lmfao,Ole oooo!!,, shocked grin shocked^^u beta start trekkin now to Surulere befor it gets too late
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
klifeomg:
Lmfao,Ole oooo!!,, shocked grin shocked^^u beta start trekkin now to Surulere befor it gets too late

Lol.... No blame me bro, dey pay me to come interview twice, twice o!. Is it my fault? Now dey want us to come for training at surulere, we r only asking for d usual butter after giving us bread. #Olivertins
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
MrZin:

Lol.... No blame me bro, dey pay me to come interview twice, twice o!. Is it my fault? Now dey want us to come for training at surulere, we r only asking for d usual butter after giving us bread. #Olivertins

This is ain't fair to #TeamLagos at all.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
Double27: Sorry I dont receive pm. The mail was to ur yahoo address.
ok.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by segunakadri(m): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
Please i need directions to the trainin centre
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by LuzSp: 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
benaikodon:

This is ain't fair to #TeamLagos at all.
Not all#TeamOutsideLagos got the 'alawi'. I wasn't even asked to send my bank details.
But Sahara Power and I are cool.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
segunakadri: Please i need directions to the trainin centre
google can fix that.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by segunakadri(m): 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
aooyelami:
google can fix that.
google nt doing a grt job
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
segunakadri: google nt doing a grt job
73, Adelabu str.,
off Alhaji Masha B/stp,
surulere, Lagos.

Google maps on PC or Nokia Here Drive will suggest possible routes.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benik(f): 10:21am On Jul 19, 2014
All, if you just got a job with Sahara group congrats but permit me to say this do not sleep with both eyes shut and give yourself a timeline and be careful, Sahara is a one man business and they fire at will. no job security. so just be careful

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 10:27am On Jul 19, 2014
benik: All, if you just got a job with Sahara group congrats but permit me to say this do not sleep with both eyes shut and give yourself a timeline and be careful, Sahara is a one man business and they fire at will. no job security. so just be careful

Thanks for the tip...

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 19, 2014
benaikodon:

Thanks for the tip...As long as its after the training, the 3 months probation and the 30 months minimum work period...there's no problem... grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
aooyelami:

grin grin grin grin

bros na so i see am ooo...dont know about u mehn...
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
benik: All, if you just got a job with Sahara group congrats but permit me to say this do not sleep with both eyes shut and give yourself a timeline and be careful, Sahara is a one man business and they fire at will. no job security. so just be careful

Thanks
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by crespo67: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2014

Glo is a one man business...
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by klifeomg(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
You have said alot,have you worked wit Sahara Group before Or know anybody that has?....and was a victim of this thing you just said.or are you just sayin cos its a private coy-owned by 3 though.>> this thing you said is even worse in oil servicing coys like Schlumberger,Halliburton et al because of the nature of their jobs.I see Sahara Power as a place one can grow careerwise without fear of being laid off the way you portrayed it.I can tell you categorically that there is no job security in Shell presently due to sale of oil blocks ,if we Are to list out the companys with good job security,we might end up having only Federal Govt. Jobs.The Govt. Can come up with any policy at any time-,which could change things....if there's anything you know that might be of help to the new intakes,please say
Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
benik:

Take my word. I am not speaking based on hear say. I know loads of victims and you can also take time out and investigate. In any case I will not say resign but d fact remains don't sleep with 2 eyes shut trust me u never know where it may come from. I am sure when you get in fully you will hear more from employees. Tope Shonubi is a sacking Marshall that's his calling. He doesn't rest unless he sacks somebody.
My advice to people has always been don't ever leave your good paying job for Sahara but if u don't have any it's better than stay at home.

Please dont mind my asking...Were you fired by Sahara, because you seem to know what only a former "insider" can know?

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by DreManuel(m): 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
benik:

Take my word. I am not speaking based on hear say. I know loads of victims and you can also take time out and investigate. In any case I will not say resign but d fact remains don't sleep with 2 eyes shut trust me u never know where it may come from. I am sure when you get in fully you will hear more from employees. Tope Shonubi is a sacking Marshall that's his calling. He doesn't rest unless he sacks somebody.
My advice to people has always been don't ever leave your good paying job for Sahara but if u don't have any it's better than stay at home.

Maybe the so-called victims weren't performing.

Mind you, many people getting this job have not gotten any employment before. so, do not worry about them being afraid of sack.

Also think of it, in case you don't know, Sahara is sponsoring the new employees for a year NAPTIN training. C'Mon it would be thier loss if they decide to sack people indiscriminately after incurring such gargantuan costs.

I don't like to be disrespectful to people, but I might be tempted to say that you should desist from causing hullabaloo in this forum with this sack issue your persistently raise.

What is your primus mobilus on this issue?

What is your motive?

Are u trying to portray Sahara in a bad light?

Or you are just......?

Do you have any alternative jobs for these young people who just got this job?

Do you have any advice for them on how to avoid being sacked?

Sahara power resources is a young branch of the Sahara group, so don't extrapolate the experience you might have indiscriminately to this one.

Shalom!

#KeepHopeAlive

4 Likes

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
benaikodon:

Please dont mind my asking...Were you fired by Sahara, because you seem to know what only a former "insider" can know?

Why do u think she must have been an insider to know all these? We nairalanders like not to trust posts, asking for evidence. If she tells, u she's an insider, why should u believe this and not believe her initial comments?

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benik(f): 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
DreManuel:

Maybe the so-called victims weren't performing.

Mind you, many people getting this job have not gotten any employment before. so, do not worry about them being afraid of sack.

Also think of it, in case you don't know, Sahara is sponsoring the new employees for a year NAPTIN training. C'Mon it would be thier loss if they decide to sack people indiscriminately after incurring such gargantuan costs.

I don't like to be disrespectful to people, but I might be tempted to say that you should desist from causing hullabaloo in this forum with this sack issue your persistently raise.

What is your primus mobilus on this issue?

What is your motive?

Are u trying to portray Sahara in a bad light?

Or you are just......?

Do you have any alternative jobs for these young people who just got this job?

Do you have any advice for them on how to avoid being sacked?

Sahara power resources is a young branch of the Sahara group, so don't extrapolate the experience you might have indiscriminately to this one.

Shalom!

#KeepHopeAlive

No don't get my message wrong pls. I am only advising. Don't be too relaxed. Give yourself a time limit. There are Pple in Sahara who have worked 4years.
Just get my message right.
Mind you Sahara is not bothered about d training you've undergone. If they want you out the next day then you are out. They have the money. Just get my point here. Do your job and don't be too relaxed.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
tobiflink:

Why do u think she must have been an insider to know all these? We nairalanders like not to trust posts, asking for evidence. If she tells, u she's an insider, why should u believe this and not believe her initial comments?

I believed her initial comments and that was why I said "Thanks for the tip".

benaikodon:

Thanks for the tip...As long as its after the training, the 3 months probation and the 30 months minimum work period...there's no problem... grin

Well I thought that she must have been an insider because the conversation on this thread suddenly went from bank alerts to getting sacked, and it was started by someone (Benik) who had not been contributing to the thread all this while. So I had to ask.
Also, I was kinda curious to know why she was fired if she was an insider, because only that will help us from getting fired...and I think she did justice to it.

benik:

Well unfortunately I wasn't and that was a big mistake cos if I was fired I would have been paid off. Being fired in Sahara is not a stigma but a way of life. You go to work daily working in fear because you never know when it will be your turn. The former head of hr in Sahara power was fired unsuspecting. I remember she was at work over the weekend and worked tirelessly on Monday same and by close of work she was fired for no reason just because Tope wanted to put someone else. There is more you need to know about Sahara not just lack of job security but I will say no more I will allow you find out the rest yourself. All the best

Am sure we don't really have to fret because even the dumbest rookie knows how not to get fired.

#Bless
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by DreManuel(m): 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
benik:

No don't get my message wrong pls. I am only advising. Don't be too relaxed. Give yourself a time limit. There are Pple in Sahara who have worked 4years.
Mind you Sahara is not bothered about d training you've undergone. If they want you out the next day then you are out. They have the money. Just get my point here. Do your job and don't be too relaxed.

All the best

that was an apt response from you. I doff my hat.

You know in times like this, many haters arise.

Nevertheless, we must all know that Job Security is rather an elusive term these days. it seems like a mirage. I don't think it extant in top companies.

many fortune companies employ forced ranking distribution scheme to flush out staff that are not performing.

But I believe that a man's skills will make room for him.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by klifeomg(m): 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
Just observin.....watch out for my comment.Coming Soon....
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by DreManuel(m): 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
[quote author=benik]Hey people. Nothing to quarell about. If you read my post well I said job security isn't the only ish with the company but overtime if you work with them you will understand.

Well I also thought your skills will always make way for you but when you see people who are at their best at what they do get fired then you wonder.

I was like this before I joined. Pple warned me but I felt oh they were fired because they didn't perform alas I was wrong.

My advice to anybody joining Sahara. If you had a good job prior to joining them then use made a big mistake you may want to retrace your step if possible . If otherwise then it's better than nothing. Luckily my former employers were more than happy to have me back otherwise I probably would still be in Sahara working in fear of the unknown or would have been fired by now[/quot

May I speak with you in private?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benik(f): 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
I don't want to ruin your excitement pls. So back to the bank alerts jist pls.
#Shalom
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by DreManuel(m): 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
benik: I don't want to ruin your excitement pls. So back to the bank alerts jist pls.
#Shalom

only those outside Lagos got alerts.

By the way, are u an engineer?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 10:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
benik:

All the best

Abeg thank you again for d updates. so far ders so little we know abt dis coy we r so happy to join, its nyc to get a new perspective. I also understand d guys, dey only want u to know ders no sense in starting a new job with a negative perspective. it wld be much more helpful if u could balance wot uv told us with a clearer insider guide and encouragement. So we would be better dan our predecessors

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

NIMC Appointment Letters Finally Out! / Senate To Investigate NPA Job Slots 'Sold For N3 Million Each' / Invitation For Guaranty Trust Bank Aptitude Test!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.