Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,945 members, 7,810,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. (32929 Views)

Sahara Power / Stanbic Ibtc Pension Test May 2014 By Kimberly Ryan / How Was D Sahara Power Interview Last Week Friday? (16/09/11) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by DreManuel(m): 10:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
Sometimes what is good for the goose is not good for the gander.

Where I currently work, by God's grace, I have defiled some status quo. I am telling you, excellent workers are always in demand.

Seest a man SKILLED in his work, he will stand before kings and.not mean men.

Working hard and working over time doesn't amount to innovateness, etc. i have seen workers do overtime and still get sacked.

But it is a sure Word that a man's gifts will make room for him. Never forget this.

#Shalom
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benik(f): 10:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
MrZin:

Abeg thank you again for d updates. so far ders so little we know abt dis coy we r so happy to join, its nyc to get a new perspective. I also understand d guys, dey only want u to know ders no sense in starting a new job with a negative perspective. it wld be much more helpful if u could balance wot uv told us with a clearer insider guide and encouragement. So we would be better dan our predecessors

i apologize for trying to advice but i don't see anything wrong in it because i would investigate a company thorough before joining, you know the saying it always look greener on the other side.

i spoke to a lot of people before joining Sahara and they all said the same thing, even the head of hr were i worked warned me but i didn't heed, i guess i was blindfolded by my offer.

unfortunately i got to speak with someone who was still a staff just a week before joining them after i had resigned my former coy and he told me i made a huge mistake we spoke for over 1hr and i shivered, don't worry when you resume you will understand me better.

If Tope Shonubi can fire someone because the door to a toilet was left opened and he didn't fire the person who left the AC on that caused a fire in the office, then you should understand there is something fundamentally wrong.

Most importantly beware of Ikechukwu Ossi, he has a very sweet mouth but when the chips are down he will turn his back.

i had answered your question earlier before you even asked. do your job and pray more.

Finally, it is not totally a bad place cos they have a good culture which i like. 3 major ish with them is: Job security, structure and processes.(zero)

4 Likes

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benik(f): 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
DreManuel: Sometimes what is good for the goose is not good for the gander.

Where I currently work, by God's grace, I have defiled some status quo. I am telling you, excellent workers are always in demand.

Seest a man SKILLED in his work, he will stand before kings and.not mean men.

Working hard and working over time doesn't amount to innovateness, etc. i have seen workers do overtime and still get sacked.

But it is a sure Word that a man's gifts will make room for him. Never forget this.

#Shalom

pally i am sure there are people like you that are still in Sahara. they haven't fired everybody there. i said earlier they have people who have worked 5years or more

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Rurubabe(f): 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
benik:

well paying very well depends on a lot in Sahara.
#1 the company you join in the group because cash flow differs from each company
#2. your negotiation power.
#3. If oga likes you(ladies)

there are people in sahara who earn 100k and pple who earn close 1m and they are on the same level

Ah....this (if oga likes you) part....I no gree o. This is one of the things I wasn't lookin forward in Job searching....Anyway it is well!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 20, 2014
Kudos to benik, she's been very diplomatic, a typical female Nairalander would have flared up. I don't think she's trying to be a killjoy, she's just letting you people know what's ahead. I think if you've more enquires to make from her, do that in private pls. Sahara might be watching this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by klifeomg(m): 7:32am On Jul 20, 2014
Thanks to benik,all what she said is an eye opener to all.Initially I wanted to plead with all nairaland guys on this thread not to be harsh with words so we could get useful info from the lady.

She has exhibited maturity and diplomacy to a large extent unlike most ladies.

After all said on this thread,what i can deduce is that Sahara don't want #NoMediocre undecided wink

GOD BLESS ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED
GOD BLESS SAHARA
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU ALL!!!
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by davide470(m): 11:17am On Jul 20, 2014
In as much as benik has 'gracefully' said some conspicuous words, I would advise the new employees to maintain a stance of No - response on this thread, if you have, EDIT your words.

Would hide the posts when I believe the message has been passed across to those it intended to.

Cheers and happy training to you guys.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by blackknyte(m): 11:42am On Jul 20, 2014
Please Benik answer these:
did u sign a bond commitment?
what was ur designation with said coy?
What are of said group did u work with?

I see the rest of u have accepted to will 4yrs of your lives to Sahara......... Right choice. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2014
smiley
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 11:48am On Jul 20, 2014
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by nanizle(m): 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
wait o... for those that got a soft copy of the admission letter, are you to print, sign and scan it or just simply reply that you accept or reject the offer?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
nanizle: wait o... for those that got a soft copy of the admission letter, are you to print, sign and scan it or just simply reply that you accept or reject the offer?

I used a digital signature on my ADOBE to sign, also to fill my names and date, which is easier, faster and cheaper. A friend used print, sign and scan...long process if you ask me.

I also wrote an acceptance email with my signed copy of the contract letter attached.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by nanizle(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
benaikodon:

I used a digital signature on my ADOBE to sign, also to fill my names and date, which is easier, faster and cheaper. A friend used print, sign and scan...long process if you ask me.

I also wrote an acceptance email with my signed copy of the contract letter attached.

I thought we are just to review the offer and reply if we accept or reject. Before we get the signed hard copy where we would append our own signature.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 1:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
nanizle:

I thought we are just to review the offer and reply if we accept or reject. Before we get the signed hard copy where we would append our own signature.

In the email, you were asked to review and revert, stating your acceptance or otherwise.
In reverting, I believe that you will have to fill in the blank spaces in the letter, attach the letter and send them an acceptance email. Which is what everyone has been doing.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benik(f): 3:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
blackknyte: Please Benik answer these:
did u sign a bond commitment?
what was ur designation with said coy?
What are of said group did u work with?

I see the rest of u have accepted to will 4yrs of your lives to Sahara......... Right choice. Congrats

I did not sign a bond because I entered as an experienced hire. Only the GMTs(trainees) sign a bond and then you think they have immunity but I know 4 Pple who were GMTs dat got fired while I was there.

I was a manager in one of the stand alone companies(thats the much I can say)

Guys let me not spoil the fun and excitement in the air. Getting a job in 9ja dis days is not easy but if you have a company like Sahara on your cv even if it's for 1-2yrs then you can go anywhere.

I wish you all the best life has to offer in your career. Do your best and leave the rest for God.

I sign out from here.

God bless

6 Likes

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by nanizle(m): 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
benaikodon:

In the email, you were asked to review and revert, stating your acceptance or otherwise.
In reverting, I believe that you will have to fill in the blank spaces in the letter, attach the letter and send them an acceptance email. Which is what everyone has been doing.

The email didn't mention whether to "print", "scan", "sign" or "attach" any the document.

It said review and revert.

review = go through the attached letter
revert = reply with your acceptance or otherwise [after reviewing]

My interpretation was that we basically send a replying saying whether or not we accept the offer and that we will eventually get to sign a hard copy issued and signed by HR!

Or where did I go wrong? undecided

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
benik:

I did not sign a bond because I entered as an experienced hire. Only the GMTs(trainees) sign a bond and then you think they have immunity but I know 4 Pple who were GMTs dat got fired while I was there.

I was a manager in one of the stand alone companies(thats the much I can say)

Guys let me not spoil the fun and excitement in the air. Getting a job in 9ja dis days is not easy but if you have a company like Sahara on your cv even if it's for 1-2yrs then you can go anywhere.

I wish you all the best life has to offer in your career. Do your best and leave the rest for God.

I sign out from here.

God bless

Thanks dear, advice dully noted.. We'll try to be sharp and vigilant. God's grace brought us thus far.ยป Can't wait to join Sahara, every system needs us to make it better
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
nanizle:

The email didn't mention whether to "print", "scan", "sign" or "attach" any the document.

My interpretation was that we basically send a replying saying whether or not we accept the offer and that we will eventually get to sign a hard copy issued and signed by HR!

Guy no vex, u were expected to sign d pdf sent to u and submit it back to them. Ur method of doing that was totally up to u, jst ensure u av ur signature on it, a proper hard copy of our signed agreement wld be given to us der. It won't cost u anything to do dat tmrw and send, jst try.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by nanizle(m): 5:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
MrZin:

Guy no vex, u were expected to sign d pdf sent to u and submit it back to them. Ur method of doing that was totally up to u, jst ensure u av ur signature on it, a proper hard copy of our signed agreement wld be given to us der. It won't cost u anything to do dat tmrw and send, jst try.

Yeah. I'll do that. Thanks.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
MrZin:

Exactly what I was trying to say in Queen's English...
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
nanizle:

Yeah. I'll do that. Thanks.

Ur welcome bro. Don't forget to send it to both mails
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by waleomoniyi(m): 9:20am On Jul 21, 2014
nanizle:

no mind 'em jor! no be today we don dey see dis kind thing, na from school days. When given a question dat says "enumerate", some will go ahead to explain and even draw diagrams. And after the result is out, they will lament for not having A in the course. How does revert translate to signing of the letter for God sake? You are just suppose to reply the mail stating your agreement or otherwise with the terms. Everyone will get the hard copy signed by group head HR of sahara on which they will append their signature.
The pdf sent via mail is just to give head ups on the content of the letter because not all successful candidates are within lagos and sending the letter to everyone to and send back to Lagos, before NAPTIN resumes, may be very difficult. Hence a softcopy of the letter was sent so as to get a figure, by response, of candidates they will be enrolling for NAPTIN. besides, the soft copy sent to us was not signed but when you get the hard copy it will definitely be signed.
That being said, the important thing is for you to respond to the mail within the stated time frame.

#goodluck!#

no mind 'em jor! no be today we don dey see dis kind thing, na from school days. When given a questions dat says "enumerate", some will go ahead to explain and even draw diagrams. And after the result is out, they will lament for not having A in the course. How does revert translate to signing of the letter for God sake? You are just suppose to reply the mail stating your agreement or otherwise with the terms. Everyone will get the hard copy signed by group head HR of sahara on which they will append their signature.
The pdf sent via mail is just to give head ups on the content of the letter because not all successful candidates are within lagos and sending the letter to everyone to and send back to Lagos, before NAPTIN resumes, may be very difficult. Hence a softcopy of the letter was sent so as to get a figure, by response, of candidates they will be enrolling for NAPTIN. besides, the soft copy sent to us was not signed but when you get the hard copy it will definitely be signed.
That being said, the important thing is for you to respond to the mail within the stated time frame.

#goodluck!#

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 11:28am On Jul 21, 2014
nanizle:

1000 people will always have 1000 angles...All that matter is ACCEPTANCE, the way you accept is entirely your personal decision.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
waleomoniyi:

no mind 'em jor! no be today we don dey see dis kind thing, na from school days. When given a question dat says "enumerate", some will go ahead to explain and even draw diagrams. And after the result is out, they will lament for not having A in the course. How does revert translate to signing of the letter for God sake? You are just suppose to reply the mail stating your agreement or otherwise with the terms. Everyone will get the hard copy signed by group head HR of sahara on which they will append their signature.

#goodluck!#

no mind 'em jor! no be today we don dey see dis kind thing, na from school days. When given a questions dat says "enumerate", some will go ahead to explain and even draw diagrams. And after the result is out, they will lament for not having A in the course. How does revert translate to signing of the letter for God sake? You are just suppose to reply the mail stating your agreement or otherwise with the terms. Everyone will get the hard copy signed by group head HR of sahara on which they will append their signature.

#goodluck!#

Lol..
No wonder u no sabi use nairaland post, na from ur school days e start. Shaa u av a point, bt ur presentation get k-leg
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by waleomoniyi(m): 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
MrZin:

Lol..
No wonder u no sabi use nairaland post, na from ur school days e start. Shaa u av a point, bt ur presentation get k-leg

wat do u knw abt presentation? please point out the 'k-leg' in my post mr nairaland expert
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by soldierAnt(m): 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
(For those coming from outside Lagos) Guys, let's share ideas on how to get around the whole accommodation thing...
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by klifeomg(m): 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
#Teamoutsidelagos,
So is it confirmed that we will not be accomodated?,it means we might have to provide accomodation for ourselves.I heard from a NAPTIN student that NAPTIN provides cheap accomodation @ 3,500 per night.And also another NAPTIN student on this thread talked about our training schedule for the period of the Programme.Ideas please from the house as Aug. 1st is not far again.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
waleomoniyi:

wat do u knw abt presentation? please point out the 'k-leg' in my post mr nairaland expert

Don't mind me joor. Had to pull ur legs small, leave dat1. Dis accommodation ish is more important now, d last time I was in lag, I had to use restaurant #tins. E no funny o, I won't like to repeat dat experience. Apologies man, ol join..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

NIMC Appointment Letters Finally Out! / Senate To Investigate NPA Job Slots 'Sold For N3 Million Each' / Invitation For Guaranty Trust Bank Aptitude Test!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.