Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (548202 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
EINSTEINPG: I admire your resounding resolution but you've got to think beyond Nigeria as a nation.
Regarding your Darwinian view of Nigeria you can't be more correct. But you can't call a dog a bad name and hang it. Just be optimistic brother, the much dreamt about utopian Nigeria is looming.
SIR,wich state ar u 4rm?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
teewhysafe: Yes, there are wardrobes too. and you are ofcourse allowed to cook. electrical appliances like boiling ring, electrical stove etc are frowned upon but still students use it a lot in cooking sha
Pls abeg wat do u mean by dt
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Johnnyessence(m): 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
pls help me find out has any students admitted to geophysics dept. this session. pls help me find out plsss
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetH001: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
Horpehyhemih: No p nw,i am customer care
costumer care would be good, buh i have sumtin better in mind cheesy tongue
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by horlawaleh001(m): 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
oma14: Thanks so much for this timely info. As regards the school hostel, is it readily available for every fresher or it's highly competitive? Please I just want to be informed to prepare ahead. I don't mind a full info on this.

The hostel is highly competitive (esp for guys where we have only one hostel) but there's always preferential treatment for freshers.
When the time comes To bid for hostels, the info will be on the school website.
To bid, you login to your portal (for those who have been cleared) and click on relevant links.
You can 'tie' down your space for a maximum of 72 hours after which if you do not pay for the space allotted to you, it will be withdrawn.
Keep checking the school website and this thread regularly cos the hostel application link ll just show up like 'a thief in the night' and act immediately when the time comes.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
Torilo:

Alright, Thank you but you don't know the reason am asking for it, so you can't conclude that way.
I'm expecting it from you.
okay Ma
ama try help you out with that
By the Way
Mystolad is From ur department and he is a Popular and decent Nigga like 2face
He knows the in and out of ICS Department
so am sure he has all what you are going to need
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
rkarang:

Sir, in addition to what you must have got here.....

www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/notices-archive/136-accommodation-procedure
Sir rkarang,will u apply 4 hostels ? because am confuse wit wat am seeing o
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
Enano2baba: if e no b admission or clearance pple here fit vex for u
make guys no vex o
but 4 the Ladies ( even if them vex)
the go still
receive
the
the
Admission text
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mystolad(m): 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yungmilio2:
okay Ma
By the Way
popular and decent like 2 face?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by jaybel(m): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yungmilio2:
Bro you right about that
staying close to the road has many disadvantages, especially sanrab and oke odo
l
anyway Mystolad I don tell Moh and Attah about whona plan against them
Been reading bou d disadvantages u've been mentioning...Highlight d disadvantages na..pls
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Am confuse nw,wich 1 shud i chose btw Skul and Off Campus Hostel.....i don't knw hw standard d Skul hostel is and disadvantages of living outside d skul...pls who can enlight us more better...TNX
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
Abasstoheeb: Sir rkarang,will u apply 4 hostels ? because am confuse wit wat am seeing o

As you can see, it seems very difficult to get. The university only has one hostel for male students and also allocates it on faculty basis.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to raise 75k for the private hostel. It's so painful.

I don't just know how to go about... Staying off campus will be quite difficult for me. If that's what I have to resort to, I'll definitely get a bicycle ni yen ooo....

If the porters are "rugged" folks, it will be very good... We could runs things
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by oyatmicah(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
mystolad: popular and decent like 2 face?
this got me cracking
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by oyatmicah(m): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
at least students don dey show face for ics
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Torilo(f): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yungmilio2:
okay Ma
By the Way

OK. I'm grateful. He has communicated well to me about it. I await his package!
You said mystolad is popular and decent like 2face. I hope is not what am thinking? wink
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by horlawaleh001(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
Abasstoheeb: Am confuse nw,wich 1 shud i chose btw Skul and Off Campus Hostel.....i don't knw hw standard d Skul hostel is and disadvantages of living outside d skul...pls who can enlight us more better...TNX

This is just to reiterate what has been said so far cos if you'd gone back by a few pages on this thread, this issue had been dealt with extensively.
Advantages of staying in the hostel.
1. Adequate electricity supply
2. No extra cost on transportation.
3. You are at close proximity to class, library etc.
4. Free / relatively cheap internet facility.
5. Water supply
6. Cheap accommodation..... Less than 30k

Disadvantages of staying in the hostel.
1. No non-member of the hostel is allowed in. So you can only host your guests in the common room.
2. Toilets and bathrooms (to my own taste) are not too good.
3. No lockers/wardrobe. Like a friend of mine said, you have to chain your box and things to your bed.
4. Intrusion into privacy. You might leave the room and come back to discover that one of your shoes is missing and then you'll find out that a roommate wore it out without your consent...... And things like that.
5. Mosquitoes & other pests.
6. No kitchen..... Cooking is done in the verandah.

That's all I can come up with for now...... Weigh the options and make your decision.

#HOPETHATHELPS

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Torilo(f): 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2014

Mr. mystolad, I hope is not what am thinking? grin
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by oyatmicah(m): 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Torilo:

Mr. mystolad, I hope is not what am thinking? grin
lolz. well am also in ics nd so far all i can say abt mystolad ar nthin bt good tins
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khalidola11: 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
pls I need urgent answer, I dont have citizenship certificate bt I went to high court in Ilorin to collect affidavit, I have paid my acceptance fee and upload it all, bt I used d affidavit in place of d citizenship certificate. hope dis won't affect my clearance need urgent reply.
tnkz ppl
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Horpehyhemih(f): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2014
SetH001: costumer care would be good, buh i have sumtin better in mind cheesy tongue
Really ??nd wat if i may ask
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
anybody cares to help?
pls am facing a problem-liked situation here. iv bn tryn to pay my accpetance fee, but the fin cant just yield success. i mean the transaction was unsuccessful... iv tried it more than five consecutive times with same responds afterwards.....pls im worried cos i once used card to transact online and money was debited from my account without the transaction being a success...later faught it with the concerned institutes and the money got revered 7months after. i dont want such situation to repeat itself...pls anyone with better idea on how i can go abt it?

secondly, can i stl use the jamb card i used to check my result for clearance....i used the card once?
pls ur advice counts
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ShehuAba(m): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
What am I reading here. Who said there is no locker or wardrobe in the hostels.
Haa, that's a big lie. In every room, there's a locker/wardrobe for the occupants where you can hang your clothes and possibly put some other stuffs in.
Personally I don't see any disadvantage of staying in the hostels except that, there is no privacy (which is expected). As for the toilets/bathrooms, there are cleaners who clean it daily, but some guys do really mess it up.
But if there's shortage of water. Hmm that place na die!!!
Kai!! Guys......
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by oyatmicah(m): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
ShehuAba: What am I reading here. Who said there is no locker or wardrobe in the hostels.
Haa, that's a big lie. In every room, there's a locker/wardrobe for the occupants where you can hang your clothes and possibly put some other stuffs in.
Personally I don't see any disadvantage of staying in the hostels except that, there is no privacy (which is expected). As for the toilets/bathrooms, there are cleaners who clean it daily, but some guys do really mess it up.
Kai!! Guys......
God will bless u frm head to toe, i was abt to question d guy just yarning say no wardrobe nd bad bathroom. exept for privacy u even get to lock ur wardrobe wit ur pad lock without anyone accessing it
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
Torilo:

OK. I'm grateful. He has communicated well to me about it. I await his package!
You said mystolad is popular and decent like 2face. I hope is not what am thinking? wink
if you are thinking about the good part
then
that's it
but the opp
I don't know o
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
I no lie nah
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ShehuAba(m): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
oyatmicah:
God will bless u frm head to toe, i was abt to question d guy just yarning say no wardrobe nd bad bathroom. exept for privacy u even get to lock ur wardrobe wit ur pad lock without anyone accessing it

Abi ooo, though I don't blame anyone but that's what misinformation causes.
In fact each occupant has a key to their wardrobe and can only give others access if they wish.
If not that some students are just dirty, the toilet/bathroom will be very clean too because it's washed everyday by the cleaners.

My Advice:
If you are a fresher, the sure bet for you is the hostel because of its numerous advantages, in fact it really gives you an edge over others. The stress of going/ coming back home from school is even enough to convince someone to stay in the hostel.
And if you have not heard, Transportation is really an issue on campus especially in the first semester.
Have you heard of "Shunting" before.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Khan1993: 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
Abasstoheeb: i lyk dat opinion,bt as Eistein said earlier i wil lyk u to folow his word by 1st..to Concentrate on dat yor Course n dis regards any obstacles dat wud abstain u 4 archieving yor goal...WISH U BEST OF LUCK
ok sir... Thank you.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by horlawaleh001(m): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
ShehuAba: What am I reading here. Who said there is no locker or wardrobe in the hostels.
Kai!! Guys......

Pls go back like a page or two and check my previous post. I think I stated it clearly that I'm a fresher as well and that I got the info from friends who have stayed in the hostel. But when two or three people tell you something similar, you tend to believe na, abi??
Pls don't castigate me yet....... I posted what I knew and I stand to be corrected.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wildrose: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
Pls how wld I know when am eventually cleared, will they send a text or email like they did for admission?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Tcourage: 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
Guys, plz go nd check ya jamb web nw coz me nd ma friend av jst been given admission jst today..........though, am yet to fnd anyfin on unilorin portal oo.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
agent9:

No ooo....Broiler Super Starter grin

Lol

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by VICTOFX(m): 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
is any fresher/ DE candidate in school yet, what's going on on campus? anything reasonable yet or 1 should wait till after salah b4 coming down? just asking for d sake of some of us staying far from school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (434) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.