Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,849 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:37 PM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (564094 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by hadeyrowju(f): 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
Enano2baba: d portal should b uploaded soon
@Haywhy433, please how can I check my admission status on the jamb website?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by padie77: 10:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
hadeyrowju:
@Haywhy433, please how can I check my admission status on the jamb website?
go to www.jamb.org.ng and u will c check ur admission status
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 10:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
EVarn: Guys,have 2014 Accomodation Procedure Been Announced?,'Cos I've Been Trying To Check But It Seems That Only The Previous Year's Ac.Pro Is Available

That should be after clearance. I'm beginning to lose hope of getting it... angry

Not even a glimmer of hope angry angry

Now I'm considering other alternatives angry angry
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by FOLARORI: 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
EINSTEINPG: I understand your burning desire for MEDICINE but you've got to weigh your options wisely.
Well, we all have our childhood dreams, I can still remember when nothing interested me more than being a quantum physicist after reading the IN SEARCH OF SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT by John Gribbin and Stephen Hawking's A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME. But age comes with experience and experience comes with age. Hence, the need for a re-evaluation of my dream.
Come to think of it, when in primary school every child wants to become a Doctor, Banker, Pilot, Lawyer, an Engineer, and a Politician etc. Not knowing that there are numerous number of PROFESSIONS besides those so-called traditionally perceived professions. Yes, those fields readily come to our unsuspecting minds courtesy of their popularization by the ill-informed and biased society.
Indeed, MEDICINE is a noble profession that commands the respect of the society. But the reality is: medicine is full of bureaucracies and bureaucracy cripples innovation except you are of the Ben Carson's gene.
I personally see Doctors as Advanced Technicians that work monotonously on a given medical condition (Doctors, please do not interpret this as an outright denigration of your ever indispensable services to the society). In Medicine you dare not question the orthodoxical precepts governing medical operations. And I perfectly understand the rationale for that, because a Doctor's professional mistake is rarely pardonable as this could result to a loss of life. The infamous Dr. Conrad Murray--a victim of circumstances who was globally blamed for the death of Jackson could attest to this.
In contrast, a professional mistake in some fields does not instantly lead to a loss of life e.g.The recent General Motors' recall of vehicles over the Ignition Switch and parking brake risk fire.
No!! Don't get me wrong. Of course, if you are a medical researcher you can always come up with novel solutions to medical problems. But I don't think you are considering this option.
Now, as a Plant Biologist innovation is the key to proffer solutions to the threatening pangs of hunger that await the world's teeming and growing population.
Statistically, the world population is currently seven Billion. By 2030 India's population is expected to surpass China's to become the largest country in the world.
Also, the Nigeria's population is expected to surpass the U.S population in 2045 to become the third most populous country in the world, starting to rival China by the end of the century, with almost 1 billion people in 2100.
As the world's population continues to grow, achieving global food security-producing enough nutritious food that everyone can access, and doing so sustainably is one of the greatest challenges we face today.
By 2050, it is projected that there will be 9.2 billion people on the planet, and recent estimates suggest that food production will have to increase by 70% if we are to feed everyone. So the question remains: How do we feed our growing population?
If policy makers want to address this question, Plant Biology and Agricultural Engineering might be a better investments than computer science or medicine. And this will inevitably lead to mass employment of Plant Biology graduates. So if only you will expand your horizon and see opportunities where there currently seems to be none, Plant Biology is a potentially rewarding career as you will be saving the current generation and the posterity.
As a Plant Biologist, you can choose to work closely with Agric experts to eliminate world hunger and create a world where everyone has equal access to nutritious food.
Evidently, recent analysis of job prospects for Biology-related fields' students reveal that among life sciences, Plant Biology is emerging as one of the areas for career and research globally. And there are variety of specializations and disciplines within the field of Plant Biology that can lead to interesting career from pharmaceutics to food sciences.
So what are you waiting for? Just get out of your deterministic world of Newton and get into the weird quantum world of Heisenberg.
Besides, you might not be so lucky next year (but if you insist on taking another UTME, then good-luck to you), just improvise with what you have now to augment what is to come in the future. After all, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
hello bros , same thing applies to me too , i av a profound desire for studying medicine , bt i've been given aquaculture n fishries by unilorin @ its instead , i loathe this course which makes me very sad ... Currently i'm even on contemplation on accepting it or nt ...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by hadeyrowju(f): 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
padie77: go to www.jamb.org.ng and u will c check ur admission status

I avv tried dat several times. When d link opened, it didn't allow me to input my reg numba.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Ahmadjr(m): 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
rkarang:

Sir, in addition to what you must have got here.....

www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/notices-archive/136-accommodation-procedure

Thank u sir
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Alimtoheeb(m): 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
hadeyrowju:

I avv tried dat several times. When d link opened, it didn't allow me to input my reg numba.
use anoder browser sire.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by skeendeep: 10:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
Is the tab money,included in the schOol fees?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by agent9(m): 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
1boylikevhis: potential SAN..lol

INDEED..... grin grin
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Horpehyhemih(f): 10:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
SetH001: i would be expecting your call ... cheesy tongue
No p nw,i am customer care

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by agent9(m): 10:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
skeendeep: Is the tab money,included in the schOol fees?

Yes
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by agent9(m): 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
Horpehyhemih: No p nw,i am customer care

Lol grin
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Elijah348(m): 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
Horpehyhemih: No p nw,i am customer care

well a lovely one you should add.... Btw shuld i also send my digits?? cheesy
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by skeendeep: 11:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
agent9:

Yes
okay sir! Thanks for answering

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by horlawaleh001(m): 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
hadeyrowju:

If you are an android user, you can download the jamb e-facility app from play store.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by olaiya2007(m): 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Guys please i need clarification on some issue i just paid my acceptance fee now and i was required to upload jamb result DE result and o'level result so my question is 1. Which one is jamb result is it my jamb registration detail card i should fill? 2. Which one is DE result do they mean my nd result? 3. I have my original o'level result with me but i don't av d scratch card i used in checking it again cos it was as far back as 2007 pls what can i do i need urgent response(s)
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by prettysheila(f): 11:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
Plz.how is the private hostel like?
Plz where are d masscomm peeps na?
Plz holla through 7e006256
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
eugeezy:
Get a waec scratch card and input ur Olevel details.
scan ur ond, hnd, Alevel or 1st degree certificate
pls pls ... i dont have my certificate i only have my notification of result
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by fherbeeshara(f): 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
Alimtoheeb: u've been admited?

Yup!...first batch actually...only problem is this clearance ish....and u?...fresher too?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Sholyzee: 11:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
olaiya2007: Guys please i need clarification on some issue i just paid my acceptance fee now and i was required to upload jamb result DE result and o'level result so my question is 1. Which one is jamb result is it my jamb registration detail card i should fill? 2. Which one is DE result do they mean my nd result? 3. I have my original o'level result with me but i don't av d scratch card i used in checking it again cos it was as far back as 2007 pls what can i do i need urgent response(s)
i dont av answer to ur number 1 question. My ogas wud answer dat.
2) yeah u re to upload ur oND .
3) bro, u nid a new scratch card for ur o'level result..

#Dont tank me, tank God
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by fherbeeshara(f): 11:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
Alimtoheeb: u've been admited?
Yup!...first batch actually...only problem is this clearance ish...nd u?...fresher too?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by fherbeeshara(f): 11:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
yinkarh187: fresher??
Yes!...r u on bbm?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by yinkarh187(m): 11:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
fherbeeshara:
Yes!...r u on bbm?
yea but I'm more active on Whatsapp
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by fherbeeshara(f): 11:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
yinkarh187: yea but I'm more active on Whatsapp
Presently off whatsapp...but u can add me up 239157F6
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by iamxay96: 11:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
EINSTEINPG: I understand your burning desire for MEDICINE but you've got to weigh your options wisely.
Well, we all have our childhood dreams, I can still remember when nothing interested me more than being a quantum physicist after reading the IN SEARCH OF SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT by John Gribbin and Stephen Hawking's A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME. But age comes with experience and experience comes with age. Hence, the need for a re-evaluation of my dream.
Come to think of it, when in primary school every child wants to become a Doctor, Banker, Pilot, Lawyer, an Engineer, and a Politician etc. Not knowing that there are numerous number of PROFESSIONS besides those so-called traditionally perceived professions. Yes, those fields readily come to our unsuspecting minds courtesy of their popularization by the ill-informed and biased society.
Indeed, MEDICINE is a noble profession that commands the respect of the society. But the reality is: medicine is full of bureaucracies and bureaucracy cripples innovation except you are of the Ben Carson's gene.
I personally see Doctors as Advanced Technicians that work monotonously on a given medical condition (Doctors, please do not interpret this as an outright denigration of your ever indispensable services to the society). In Medicine you dare not question the orthodoxical precepts governing medical operations. And I perfectly understand the rationale for that, because a Doctor's professional mistake is rarely pardonable as this could result to a loss of life. The infamous Dr. Conrad Murray--a victim of circumstances who was globally blamed for the death of Jackson could attest to this.
In contrast, a professional mistake in some fields does not instantly lead to a loss of life e.g.The recent General Motors' recall of vehicles over the Ignition Switch and parking brake risk fire.
No!! Don't get me wrong. Of course, if you are a medical researcher you can always come up with novel solutions to medical problems. But I don't think you are considering this option.
Now, as a Plant Biologist innovation is the key to proffer solutions to the threatening pangs of hunger that await the world's teeming and growing population.
Statistically, the world population is currently seven Billion. By 2030 India's population is expected to surpass China's to become the largest country in the world.
Also, the Nigeria's population is expected to surpass the U.S population in 2045 to become the third most populous country in the world, starting to rival China by the end of the century, with almost 1 billion people in 2100.
As the world's population continues to grow, achieving global food security-producing enough nutritious food that everyone can access, and doing so sustainably is one of the greatest challenges we face today.
By 2050, it is projected that there will be 9.2 billion people on the planet, and recent estimates suggest that food production will have to increase by 70% if we are to feed everyone. So the question remains: How do we feed our growing population?
If policy makers want to address this question, Plant Biology and Agricultural Engineering might be a better investments than computer science or medicine. And this will inevitably lead to mass employment of Plant Biology graduates. So if only you will expand your horizon and see opportunities where there currently seems to be none, Plant Biology is a potentially rewarding career as you will be saving the current generation and the posterity.
As a Plant Biologist, you can choose to work closely with Agric experts to eliminate world hunger and create a world where everyone has equal access to nutritious food.
Evidently, recent analysis of job prospects for Biology-related fields' students reveal that among life sciences, Plant Biology is emerging as one of the areas for career and research globally. And there are variety of specializations and disciplines within the field of Plant Biology that can lead to interesting career from pharmaceutics to food sciences.
So what are you waiting for? Just get out of your deterministic world of Newton and get into the weird quantum world of Heisenberg.
Besides, you might not be so lucky next year (but if you insist on taking another UTME, then good-luck to you), just improvise with what you have now to augment what is to come in the future. After all, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Wow only @einstepg can draw out a silver lining out of d most drastic admission situation.
I mean after sympatizing with our guy @khan1993 he basically opened our eyes to the merit of studying a course lyk plant biology which most of us thought was an irrelevant course. Yes medicine is a noble
profession cuz yeah we get 2 save lives, but as the g
uru here has mentiond studying by plant biology u get to do research and bring forth innovations on how to improve agriculture, food supply that will feed billions of people for years to come, even drugs to cure diseases are discovered. Now who is saving more lives.
i'll advice u try out d course cuz i blieve God does all things for a reason(cuz u neva can tell u might be the one who cures the world of hunger ,aids, ebola,etc. sometin a doctor will neva do). But if u still arent interested u can always write another jamb.
Lastly sir Einstenpg alot of freshers whose courses got switched cud learn alot from u and i ask dat u continue to dole out ur words of wisdom to all those that need them.
ps: UNILORIN STOP THE TORTURE AND CLEAR US ALL!!!!

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by johncozy(m): 12:02am On Sep 30, 2014
prettysheila: Plz.how is the private hostel like?
sorry,m an ICS student.. but we r in same faculty sha wink
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by johncozy(m): 12:02am On Sep 30, 2014
prettysheila: Plz.how is the private hostel like?
sorry,m an ICS student.. but we r in d same faculty sha wink
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Opey4luv(m): 12:18am On Sep 30, 2014
If at first you don't succeed; call it
version 1.0

#NeverGiveUp

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Haywhy433(m): 1:08am On Sep 30, 2014
agent9:

Yes
just saw it on jamb website that av been admitted,waitin for unilorin to update their portal. Pls how much is bus.admin skul fee?.. Can I print admission letter frm jamb website b4 unillorin update his?. How will I do that and what are does tinz I should get done now?.. Thanx
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Haywhy433(m): 1:15am On Sep 30, 2014
agent9:

INDEED..... grin grin
pls give me ur whatsapp number too
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 5:11am On Sep 30, 2014
fherbeeshara:
Yup!...first batch actually...only problem is this clearance ish....and u?...fresher too?

And yu avnt been cleared?? Why? Wah course did yu put in for? And av u left for squl?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mystolad(m): 5:19am On Sep 30, 2014
Torilo: Please can I get the course outline of Information and Communication Science for direct entry student. 200level. Thank you.
madam, wait till u resume, got package for u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (434) (Reply)

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.