Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (548139 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mystolad(m): 5:56am On Sep 30, 2014
ayawori: 75k but nt close to the road. dats where I stayed for 3 years. Sanrab area
guys will soon know the disadvantages of staying very close to road. The fact is there will always be differences in prices and amenities as far as housing is concern. | oga no forget say guys go enter ur hostel on the 22nd o.FYI
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 30, 2014
I Remember When I Was A Fresher.x2 (Sinqinq in primary 3'z pupil voice) Thank God M off all this shiT jare........Any BSS fresher here?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 6:30am On Sep 30, 2014
ayawori: May God forgive me my sins. lol

Ur Gf dn carry belle?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 6:31am On Sep 30, 2014
EINSTEINPG: Better to be late than never. Congrats to the recently admitted ones and good-luck to those that are yet to receive the good news of admission.
The Good Lord that did it for others will do it for you too.

So dis guy can type sumtin as small as this?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 6:32am On Sep 30, 2014
1boylikevhis: potential SAN..lol

Potential ko.. Kinetic ni
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 6:34am On Sep 30, 2014
wheesin: torilo..wat department do you need ?

Dry cleaning and washing dept
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 6:36am On Sep 30, 2014
EINSTEINPG: I understand your burning desire for MEDICINE but you've got to weigh your options wisely.
Well, we all have our childhood dreams, I can still remember when nothing interested me more than being a quantum physicist after reading the IN SEARCH OF SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT by John Gribbin and Stephen Hawking's A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME. But age comes with experience and experience comes with age. Hence, the need for a re-evaluation of my dream.
Come to think of it, when in primary school every child wants to become a Doctor, Banker, Pilot, Lawyer, an Engineer, and a Politician etc. Not knowing that there are numerous number of PROFESSIONS besides those so-called traditionally perceived professions. Yes, those fields readily come to our unsuspecting minds courtesy of their popularization by the ill-informed and biased society.
Indeed, MEDICINE is a noble profession that commands the respect of the society. But the reality is: medicine is full of bureaucracies and bureaucracy cripples innovation except you are of the Ben Carson's gene.
I personally see Doctors as Advanced Technicians that work monotonously on a given medical condition (Doctors, please do not interpret this as an outright denigration of your ever indispensable services to the society). In Medicine you dare not question the orthodoxical precepts governing medical operations. And I perfectly understand the rationale for that, because a Doctor's professional mistake is rarely pardonable as this could result to a loss of life. The infamous Dr. Conrad Murray--a victim of circumstances who was globally blamed for the death of Jackson could attest to this.
In contrast, a professional mistake in some fields does not instantly lead to a loss of life e.g.The recent General Motors' recall of vehicles over the Ignition Switch and parking brake risk fire.
No!! Don't get me wrong. Of course, if you are a medical researcher you can always come up with novel solutions to medical problems. But I don't think you are considering this option.
Now, as a Plant Biologist innovation is the key to proffer solutions to the threatening pangs of hunger that await the world's teeming and growing population.
Statistically, the world population is currently seven Billion. By 2030 India's population is expected to surpass China's to become the largest country in the world.
Also, the Nigeria's population is expected to surpass the U.S population in 2045 to become the third most populous country in the world, starting to rival China by the end of the century, with almost 1 billion people in 2100.
As the world's population continues to grow, achieving global food security-producing enough nutritious food that everyone can access, and doing so sustainably is one of the greatest challenges we face today.
By 2050, it is projected that there will be 9.2 billion people on the planet, and recent estimates suggest that food production will have to increase by 70% if we are to feed everyone. So the question remains: How do we feed our growing population?
If policy makers want to address this question, Plant Biology and Agricultural Engineering might be a better investments than computer science or medicine. And this will inevitably lead to mass employment of Plant Biology graduates. So if only you will expand your horizon and see opportunities where there currently seems to be none, Plant Biology is a potentially rewarding career as you will be saving the current generation and the posterity.
As a Plant Biologist, you can choose to work closely with Agric experts to eliminate world hunger and create a world where everyone has equal access to nutritious food.
Evidently, recent analysis of job prospects for Biology-related fields' students reveal that among life sciences, Plant Biology is emerging as one of the areas for career and research globally. And there are variety of specializations and disciplines within the field of Plant Biology that can lead to interesting career from pharmaceutics to food sciences.
So what are you waiting for? Just get out of your deterministic world of Newton and get into the weird quantum world of Heisenberg.
Besides, you might not be so lucky next year (but if you insist on taking another UTME, then good-luck to you), just improvise with what you have now to augment what is to come in the future. After all, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Dis guy can type!!!!!!
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 6:39am On Sep 30, 2014
EVarn: Dude,I'm Beginning To Suspect U,lol...Just Passing By...

Suspect ko.... Da Grin ni
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 6:41am On Sep 30, 2014
Yungmilio2:
Guy you don go smoke ahbi
Better go modify the post now
M still a Vivian

Evry bad tin for dis thread is associated with youngmilio2

Shey u dn turn Olamide ni
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 6:42am On Sep 30, 2014
Yungmilio2:
For ur mind serious student
Them never clear you
You never pay school fees
you don dey ask of course outline
Lol
Take it easy o
Jeje

Seconded....
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 6:45am On Sep 30, 2014
Aijalon: I Remember When I Was A Fresher.x2 (Sinqinq in primary 3'z pupil voice) Thank God M off all this shiT jare........Any BSS fresher here?

BSS cum mean Bitru Sawa Square abi..... (FuT Minna). Tins
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Keyana(f): 6:53am On Sep 30, 2014
mystolad: madam, wait till u resume, got package for u.
Ehn. . . me nko?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 7:10am On Sep 30, 2014
mystolad: madam, wait till u resume, got package for u.

Package..... Lemme pretend I didn't hear dat

Iya mi so dm dn d prepare package for you... Make popcy catch yhu first
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 7:12am On Sep 30, 2014
Keyana: Ehn. . . me nko?

Keyana na 100l or 200L u d for ICS.....
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by jazboy(m): 7:16am On Sep 30, 2014
EINSTEINPG: I understand your burning desire for MEDICINE but you've got to weigh your options wisely.
Well, we all have our childhood dreams, I can still remember when nothing interested me more than being a quantum physicist after reading the IN SEARCH OF SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT by John Gribbin and Stephen Hawking's A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME. But age comes with experience and experience comes with age. Hence, the need for a re-evaluation of my dream.
Come to think of it, when in primary school every child wants to become a Doctor, Banker, Pilot, Lawyer, an Engineer, and a Politician etc. Not knowing that there are numerous number of PROFESSIONS besides those so-called traditionally perceived professions. Yes, those fields readily come to our unsuspecting minds courtesy of their popularization by the ill-informed and biased society.
Indeed, MEDICINE is a noble profession that commands the respect of the society. But the reality is: medicine is full of bureaucracies and bureaucracy cripples innovation except you are of the Ben Carson's gene.
I personally see Doctors as Advanced Technicians that work monotonously on a given medical condition (Doctors, please do not interpret this as an outright denigration of your ever indispensable services to the society). In Medicine you dare not question the orthodoxical precepts governing medical operations. And I perfectly understand the rationale for that, because a Doctor's professional mistake is rarely pardonable as this could result to a loss of life. The infamous Dr. Conrad Murray--a victim of circumstances who was globally blamed for the death of Jackson could attest to this.
In contrast, a professional mistake in some fields does not instantly lead to a loss of life e.g.The recent General Motors' recall of vehicles over the Ignition Switch and parking brake risk fire.
No!! Don't get me wrong. Of course, if you are a medical researcher you can always come up with novel solutions to medical problems. But I don't think you are considering this option.
Now, as a Plant Biologist innovation is the key to proffer solutions to the threatening pangs of hunger that await the world's teeming and growing population.
Statistically, the world population is currently seven Billion. By 2030 India's population is expected to surpass China's to become the largest country in the world.
Also, the Nigeria's population is expected to surpass the U.S population in 2045 to become the third most populous country in the world, starting to rival China by the end of the century, with almost 1 billion people in 2100.
As the world's population continues to grow, achieving global food security-producing enough nutritious food that everyone can access, and doing so sustainably is one of the greatest challenges we face today.
By 2050, it is projected that there will be 9.2 billion people on the planet, and recent estimates suggest that food production will have to increase by 70% if we are to feed everyone. So the question remains: How do we feed our growing population?
If policy makers want to address this question, Plant Biology and Agricultural Engineering might be a better investments than computer science or medicine. And this will inevitably lead to mass employment of Plant Biology graduates. So if only you will expand your horizon and see opportunities where there currently seems to be none, Plant Biology is a potentially rewarding career as you will be saving the current generation and the posterity.
As a Plant Biologist, you can choose to work closely with Agric experts to eliminate world hunger and create a world where everyone has equal access to nutritious food.
Evidently, recent analysis of job prospects for Biology-related fields' students reveal that among life sciences, Plant Biology is emerging as one of the areas for career and research globally. And there are variety of specializations and disciplines within the field of Plant Biology that can lead to interesting career from pharmaceutics to food sciences.
So what are you waiting for? Just get out of your deterministic world of Newton and get into the weird quantum world of Heisenberg.
Besides, you might not be so lucky next year (but if you insist on taking another UTME, then good-luck to you), just improvise with what you have now to augment what is to come in the future. After all, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
bravo cheesy,I gat to confess u are such a genius,a brother here really wish to gain from your intelligence,I applied for bus admin but offered marketing de,I really felt depressed angry but really wish it will have numerous merits at the long run,ur view and comment will be highly appreciate regardless of ur stand.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 7:20am On Sep 30, 2014
jazboy: bravo cheesy,I gat to confess u are such a genius,a brother here really wish to gain from your intelligence,I applied for bus admin but offered marketing de,I really felt depressed angry but really wish it will have numerous merits at the long run,ur view and comment will be highly appreciate regardless of ur stand.

#my worst fears confirmed

So I would have to read anoda textbook again

Na wa ooooo
Abeg Eistpeing no reply abeg
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Alimtoheeb(m): 8:05am On Sep 30, 2014
fherbeeshara:
Yup!...first batch actually...only problem is this clearance ish...nd u?...fresher too?
yeah, am also fresher. I think †ђξ clearance should comence xterday acording Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ their calender, maybe somefin is gonna happen Today,lets just watch as it unfold itself.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mattAR(m): 8:30am On Sep 30, 2014
Alimtoheeb: yeah, am also fresher. I think †ђξ clearance should comence xterday acording Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ their calender, maybe somefin is gonna happen Today,lets just watch as it unfold itself.
anybody going to school today should please let us know if they have started the clearance stuff for freshers especially finance department.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by psalmsonovic(m): 8:35am On Sep 30, 2014
As for me not been cleared yet is now even harder than jamb and post jamb...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yusluv2014: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2014
mattAR: anybody going to school today should please let us know if they have started the clearance stuff for freshers especially finance department.

hlo sir.am also a finance student,cn u give m ur phone number nd 2go username.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by agent9(m): 8:53am On Sep 30, 2014
Haywhy433: pls give me ur whatsapp number too

Free for y'all cool
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mattAR(m): 8:57am On Sep 30, 2014
[quote author=Yusluv2014]

hlo sir
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by agent9(m): 9:00am On Sep 30, 2014
khassy:

No ooo....Broiler Super Starter grin
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 9:08am On Sep 30, 2014
mystolad: guys will soon know the disadvantages of staying very close to road. The fact is there will always be differences in prices and amenities as far as housing is concern. | oga no forget say guys go enter ur hostel on the 22nd o.FYI
Bro you right about that
staying close to the road has many disadvantages, especially sanrab and oke odo
l
anyway Mystolad I don tell Moh and Attah about whona plan against them
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by agent9(m): 9:11am On Sep 30, 2014
Haywhy433: just saw it on jamb website that av been admitted,waitin for unilorin to update their portal. Pls how much is bus.admin skul fee?.. Can I print admission letter frm jamb website b4 unillorin update his?. How will I do that and what are does tinz I should get done now?.. Thanx

1) 73k+
2) maybe yes maybe no
3) u will need ur e-facility card for dat..... Wait for further instructions on d portal

#PEACE
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by agent9(m): 9:14am On Sep 30, 2014
skeendeep: okay sir! Thanks for answering

U ar wlc
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mattAR(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2014
who is looking for accommodation at oke odo
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayokunlei(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2014
khassy:

Dis guy can type!!!!!!

yeah yeah, an expert in analysing anything spell able...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Ahmadjr(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2014
horlawaleh001:

There are several female hostels on campus and there is only one male hostel. The female hostels can't be compared to the male hostel lailai.
To answer your question, pls note that your room is not en-suite...... Toilets and bathrooms are to be shared by several room occupants..... And no kitchen ooo... You are to cook in the verandah.
And as regards the state of the toilets; though there are cleaners who clean them daily,still can't be spotlessly clean like that sha(ESP when guys use the place and leave it messed up like that).
And no wardrobe/lockers o...but you can make your own cupboard sha.
And there'll be a lotta people intruders on your privacy.
If you can cope with these, trust me, the advantages of staying in the hostel (esp in the first year) outweigh the disadvantages.

Please note:I'm a fresher as well.... Never stayed in the hostel.... Gathered the info from friends who have stayed there and some of them still do.

Thanks.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2014
khassy:

I never meant anytin bro.......Was just happy im no lonqer a fresher i used to be.........So wha yu upto?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by prettysheila(f): 9:49am On Sep 30, 2014
horlawaleh001:

There are several female hostels on campus and there is only one male hostel. The female hostels can't be compared to the male hostel lailai.
To answer your question, pls note that your room is not en-suite...... Toilets and bathrooms are to be shared by several room occupants..... And no kitchen ooo... You are to cook in the verandah.
And as regards the state of the toilets; though there are cleaners who clean them daily,still can't be spotlessly clean like that sha(ESP when guys use the place and leave it messed up like that).
And no wardrobe/lockers o...but you can make your own cupboard sha.
And there'll be a lotta people intruders on your privacy.
If you can cope with these, trust me, the advantages of staying in the hostel (esp in the first year) outweigh the disadvantages.

Please note:I'm a fresher as well.... Never stayed in the hostel.... Gathered the info from friends who have stayed there and some of them still do.
plz what abt d private hostel?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EVarn(m): 9:50am On Sep 30, 2014
rkarang:

That should be after clearance. I'm beginning to lose hope of getting it... angry

Not even a glimmer of hope angry angry

Now I'm considering other alternatives angry angry
Hmm..Okay,I Hear U...Why Losing Hope At This Stage?

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (434) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.