Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (921545 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tonychristopher: 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Cvesta please do not take this advice, if your rollers are bad, have them replaced, pouring oil on serpentine belts will weaken them and they would expand or snap.

but a mechanic advised me so, i think i know that these mechanics are just daft and it seems am getting their daftness , i replaced mine but that nooise still persist, i just ignore it, if i clutch and change gears, it wills stop
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Cvesta please do not take this advice, if your rollers are bad, have them replaced, pouring oil on serpentine belts will weaken them and they would expand or snap.
gazzuz, biko nu stop using this picture. i go die with laughter o
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ngutor(m): 11:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
Please who can assist me with directions to where I can get original honda ATF Dw1 in Abuja.PLEASE
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 20, 2015
My driver side tyre looks bent making alignment to be difficult, what could be the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by afope: 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hello Gazzuz,

I just got a 4runner 2004 V8 and the transmission is sealed. No dipstick to check whether the transmission oil is due for change or whether it has even ever been changed before. I have read on several fora about pple that tried to change the oil but started encountering problems with shifting afterwards...

Right now the gear shifts very well with no issues but for how long will that be? It is a high mileage car...

Is there a way of checking with Diagnostics to know if transmission oil change is due and where can one change the oil?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
eddiebruk:
My driver side tyre looks bent making alignment to be difficult, what could be the cause?

Replace tyre, Also check rim on a wheel balancer. If bad replace rim.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I can only work remotely if you give me a code.
A mechanic that works on gear checked my car and he also scanned it and said that the transmission is ok, he said that the problem with the shaft cap/cork.

the thermostat has been removed, and am using a double cell radiator. i read your note on thermostat, so i want to change to single cell radiator. do u know anyone that can fix it for me when i get the single radiator. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 1:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
Beautiful4u:

A mechanic that works on gear checked my car and he also scanned it and said that the transmission is ok, he said that the problem with the shaft cap/cork.

the thermostat has been removed, and am using a double cell radiator. i read your note on thermostat, so i want to change to single cell radiator. do u know anyone that can fix it for me when i get the single radiator. thanks

can i use a double cell radiator with the thermostat. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
Beautiful4u:

Return thermostat, leave radiator alone. I have no idea what shaft cap/cork is.

This are the components of a typical CV joint.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by allpro: 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
Esteemed experts, please help me. Upon scanning, my 2001 Lexus RX300 is throwing up
error code P1155 - Airflow ratio sensor or heater circuit malfunction. What is the best course of
action in this circumstance. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by afope: 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hello Gazzuz,

I just got a 4runner 2004 V8 and the transmission is sealed. No dipstick to check whether the transmission oil is due for change or whether it has even ever been changed before. I have read on several fora about pple that tried to change the oil but started encountering problems with shifting afterwards...

Right now the gear shifts very well with no issues but for how long will that be? It is a high mileage car...

Is there a way of checking with Diagnostics to know if transmission oil change is due and where can one change the oil?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
allpro:
Esteemed experts, please help me. Upon scanning, my 2001 Lexus RX300 is throwing up
error code P1155 - Airflow ratio sensor or heater circuit malfunction. What is the best course of
action in this circumstance. Thanks.

Oxygen sensor is faulty, it can be replaced, toks costs about 5-8k new cost 16-20k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2015
afope:
Hello Gazzuz,

Thanks

Siena please could you help out.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by allpro: 10:30am On Jan 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Oxygen sensor is faulty, it can be replaced, toks costs about 5-8k new cost 16-20k

Thanks for your prompt response. Can I further trouble you to point out the location of the sensor?
I am trying to ensure that my mechanic will not make any mistake. Tara.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Issyman(m): 1:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
Ngutor:
Please who can assist me with directions to where I can get original honda ATF Dw1 in Abuja.PLEASE
Go to Anny Japan shop at gudu market. Ask anybody of anny japan shop. He is a popular genuine OEM dealer.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
allpro:

Thanks for your prompt response. Can I further trouble you to point out the location of the sensor?
I am trying to ensure that my mechanic will not make any mistake. Tara.

Bank 2 sensor 1
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blackfm: 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
I recently bought a registered 2005 corolla. the seller told me there were a few problem to be fixed.
1. The AC: I filled the gas and observed that when I'm moving fast it works fine but stops working when I'm in traffic. I'm not sure what the cause is

2. How much does it cost to replace front passenger airbag for the 05 corolla

3. The right wheel makes a Lil noise when I move and when I apply brake, a mech said it's the roller that has to be changed. Please advise if I should proceed with that.
4: the time on the dashboard does not work. Please assist with price of a replacement.

Thanks.
NB: it's my 1st car so I'm kinda green in these affairs
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

This are the components of a typical CV joint.
ok, thank sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2015
blackfm:
I recently bought a registered 2005 corolla. the seller told me there were a few problem to be fixed.
1. The AC: I filled the gas and observed that when I'm moving fast it works fine but stops working when I'm in traffic. I'm not sure what the cause is

3. The right wheel makes a Lil noise when I move and when I apply brake, a mech said it's the roller that has to be changed. Please advise if I should proceed with that.
4: the time on the dashboard does not work. Please assist with price of a replacement.

Thanks.

A.C. If the right amout of gas was filled and you have a compressor that is failing (low pumping pressure at idle)

Airbag. Not sure abt the price, but a stroll to ladipo will help

3. That one will require physical inspection to determine.

4. It could be a blown fuse or a bad clock

If you are in lagos reach me on my signature so I can help you out.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nissparts(m): 9:36am On Jan 28, 2015
afope:
Hello Gazzuz,

Thanks

How many miles on it now?
Transmission fluid change on the 4runner is a PAIN in the ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC57bKsW44k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv8BwggCfuQ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by allpro: 9:38am On Jan 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Bank 2 sensor 1

Thank you. God will continue to bless and increase you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zerop: 1:35pm On Jan 28, 2015
Good afternoon great people. I've changed my power steering pump 3 times on my Camry 1999 Toyota but it's still stiff. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
Zerop:
Good afternoon great people. I've changed my power steering pump 3 times on my Camry 1999 Toyota but it's still stiff. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Many things can cause stiff steering especially for a modern power assisted steering setup.

Have you checked the pipe connections for leakages,
the rack and pinion setup for consistency?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=30058514]

This are the components of a typical CV joint.[/qus
I scanned my car and this P0401. Exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected. What do I do to rectify this problem. Thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blackfm: 12:45am On Jan 31, 2015
I have a similar problem. But my car is a 2005 corolla. Mech said the roller is faulty and need to be change. Quoted 9k for that but I'm not sure that's the correct diagnosis. Please advice
Cvesta:
my camry kips making one loud annoying sound especially very early in the morning or when it has been left idle,SOUND stops only minutes after engine starts running or say 200metre plus...i change timing belt that had flattened and sound stopped for a few days...but with every passing day it coming back and gradually increasing its duration...sound equally creeps up a little when i decelerate esp when am moving pretty slow
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:14am On Jan 31, 2015
blackfm:
I have a similar problem. But my car is a 2005 corolla. Mech said the roller is faulty and need to be change. Quoted 9k for that but I'm not sure that's the correct diagnosis. Please advice

Remove serpentine belt use ur hand to roll the components driven by the belt, if you find any that are wobbly or stiff or make a funny sound when rolled then you have found your culprit. If nothing is amiss, replace belt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 11:57am On Jan 31, 2015
I scanned my car and this P0401. Exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected. What do I do to rectify this problem. Thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
Beautiful4u:
Leaking exhaust or vacuum leak from egr valve or faulty egr valve. I don't know wha type of vehicle model this is, but here's a pic of a typical egr valve
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by uboma(m): 12:27am On Feb 01, 2015
blackfm:

Thanks.

2) Just curious to know what happened to the current front passenger airbag?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blackfm: 7:36am On Feb 01, 2015
Bless you sire. I changed the serpentine belt. Its as quiet as a sleeping baby now.
My check engine light is on now though. What do I have to do?
GAZZUZZ:

Remove serpentine belt use ur hand to roll the components driven by the belt, if you find any that are wobbly or stiff or make a funny sound when rolled then you have found your culprit. If nothing is amiss, replace belt
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blackfm: 7:39am On Feb 01, 2015
It deployed in an accident d previous owner had, it minor one though. He replaced only the driver side airbag.
uboma:

2) Just curious to know what happened to the current front passenger airbag?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 01, 2015
blackfm:
It deployed in an accident d previous owner had, it minor one though. He replaced only the driver side airbag.

I would personally advice against one buying a car with deployed airbag(s). The crash was not a minor one for the airbag to had deployed in that car. The impact had reached the pre-programmed threshold for the computer system to deploy. Check the vehicle frame where the impact was near the airbag crash sensor. Oh sorry, you've purchased it already, medicine after death is what I'm offering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.