Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919481 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Makawhizzy: 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
Please my liberty Jeep 08 shows check engine on dashboard and after scanning we found out catalytic converter and O2 sensor needs to be replaced. I bought new ones and they were replaced. Fuel consumption reduced and no more noise from exhaust but the check engine signal is still on and three new lights are on which are service 4WD and I can’t change from 2WD to 4WD Plus the road traction signal which is obviously due to the 4WD system when I checked the manual. Please what’s the solution?

The AC is not blowing as much as the Corolla I use what could be the cause as well?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2019
Stormyweather:
Please guys what's the difference between the two Knob and the three knob in Toyota highlander. Like in the pics below. I don't have the pic of the one with three knob

??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mutico20(m): 11:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
Check here d 2019 model Toyota corolla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ogttwzst40
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stormyweather(m): 11:42pm On Apr 06, 2019
radautoworks:

??
there are some highlanders that comes with three knob on the radio and AC control while some comes in two like in the picture below. Please what's the difference sir.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 4:25am On Apr 07, 2019
car gurus, I noticed that in my Honda accord EOD 05 model, the speedometer moves erratically, the gearbox when in motion changes roughly, both on high speed and low speed, I diagnosed it, but got no codes, I feel it's the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) that's the culprit, my problem here is locating the speed sensor, but, wetin I know, car gurus in the house, kindly show me d location of d speed sensors, and if you have other solutions to this issue, I will be happy if you can tell me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2019
Please my New Car Silver color after some weeks I began to see some little scratches on the Paint please j need help on what type of dirt/scratch removal Wax type or so that I can use for silver color thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:13am On Apr 08, 2019
kcbaba007:
car gurus, I noticed that in my Honda accord EOD 05 model, the speedometer moves erratically, the gearbox when in motion changes roughly, both on high speed and low speed, I diagnosed it, but got no codes, I feel it's the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) that's the culprit, my problem here is locating the speed sensor, but, wetin I know, car gurus in the house, kindly show me d location of d speed sensors, and if you have other solutions to this issue, I will be happy if you can tell me.

V6 or 4cylinder?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bakbravo(m): 9:39am On Apr 08, 2019
Good morning Sir Gazzuzz. Please my Question is when a Car is converted from right to left hand drive. Will that have any side effect on its performances.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:40am On Apr 08, 2019
bakbravo:
Good morning Sir Gazzuzz. Please my Question is when a Car is converted from right to left hand drive. Will that have any side effect on its performances.

If done well, there will be no problems. If done poorly, owner if car will be in sifia pains till he Sells the car

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bakbravo(m): 9:51am On Apr 08, 2019
Thanks Sir for the prompt response. I appreciate.
GAZZUZZ:

If done well, there will be no problems. If done poorly, owner if car will be in sifia pains till he Sells the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oriented247(m): 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
Good evening Gazzuzz. I need advice. I bought a tok corolla last week from a dealer who happen to b a friend. Today my mechanic observed a bad shock at d front n prescribed immediate change. Whp should pay? Me or my dealer friend. P.S. I still owe him some amount from purchace
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
oriented247:
Good evening Gazzuzz. I need advice. I bought a tok corolla last week from a dealer who happen to b a friend. Today my mechanic observed a bad shock at d front n prescribed immediate change. Who should pay? Me or my dealer friend. P.S. I still owe him some amount from purchace

I am sorry I cannot comment on this issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Greenarrow01(m): 5:38pm On Apr 08, 2019
Pls sir.. Is it possible one fix rev camera to either matrix or Pontiac vibe?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2019
Stormyweather:
there are some highlanders that comes with three knob on the radio and AC control while some comes in two like in the picture below. Please what's the difference sir.
the type you showed is automatic climate control, the units with three knobs are manual AC control.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
oriented247:
Good evening Gazzuzz. I need advice. I bought a tok corolla last week from a dealer who happen to b a friend. Today my mechanic observed a bad shock at d front n prescribed immediate change. Whp should pay? Me or my dealer friend. P.S. I still owe him some amount from purchace
your comment look like person wey go like fight pass quarrel. you of course need to foot the bill on the shocks.

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2019
Greenarrow01:
Pls sir.. Is it possible one fix rev camera to either matrix or Pontiac vibe?

yes sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Greenarrow01(m): 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

yes sir.

Pls how much will it cost.. Cos..one might have to change the dashboard outlook.. And do you have pics of one you did ?
Will it also come with a navigation or just the rev cam
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2019
Greenarrow01:

Pls how much will it cost.. Cos..one might have to change the dashboard outlook.. And do you have pics of one you did ?

Doesn't have to be in dash ......if reverse cam is all you really want sha.......

There's tons of different after market reverse camera setup
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dannybrasky(m): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2019
My brother! If you have gone to cotonou to buy a car which u wont be able to test past 6 feet or better still bought from auction like copart or export auction,would you call to ask for a refund or a few dollars from them to fix the shock?

It's not a new car,it is a tokunbo car.
Banking on the fact that u still have to balance up the seller and using that as a yardstick to fix the shocks would either bring issues between you and the seller who might start regretting why he gave out the car without collecting his cash in full.

It's just a shock absorber issue, not transmission or engine issue. Man up and fix your car,may God bless you and your car. Best wishes...

oriented247:

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2019
Greenarrow01:

cc fogman
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Timbuktu14(m): 8:40pm On Apr 08, 2019
oriented247:
You are lucky it's just the front. There's always something to fix on a toks. Take it as one of those things, man up and fix.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 9:02pm On Apr 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

V6 or 4cylinder?

4 cylinder sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluayebenz: 12:20am On Apr 09, 2019
oriented247:

It's you ofcos
If any other issues came up tomorrow na u go still fix am.

Even direct tokunbo sef u will surely fix something

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 5:56am On Apr 09, 2019
I need engine crankshaft pulley for Nissan VG30 engine. Can anyone help?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by magikalz(m): 11:28am On Apr 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

faulty starter motor or faulty electrical connections to starter motor. Poor grounding can also be part of the problem.

@Gazzuz

I followed your advice and changed my kickstarter, the problem has gone.

Thank you, man. You sabi.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by banky3w(m): 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2019
oriented247:
Fortunately, I can comment. You have the responsibility to change the shocks my friend. Nothing concern the dealer. Don't be an ingrate.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 4:37pm On Apr 09, 2019
Greetings gurus in the house, so I took my car for an oil/filter change today only to discover my mech poured the entire 5quarts mobil 1 into the engine rather than toyota recommended 4.4quartz. I know it's a bad idea to have excess oil in an engine, but is the extra 0.6qt significant to cause damage??
Car is an 09 corolla, 2zr-fe and factory recommended oil refill capacity with filter replacement is 4.4qtz.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2019
double3:
Greetings gurus in the house, so I took my car for an oil/filter change today only to discover my mech poured the entire 5quarts mobil 1 into the engine rather than toyota recommended 4.4quartz. I know it's a bad idea to have excess oil in an engine, but is the extra 0.6qt significant to cause damage??
Car is an 09 corolla, 2zr-fe and factory recommended oil refill capacity with filter replacement is 4.4qtz.

your catalytic converter may soon sing songs of lamentations
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dannybrasky(m): 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2019
grin grin
kingreign:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2019
kingreign:

Thanks...would take it for a drain asap
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 7:50am On Apr 10, 2019
Gallass:
I need engine crankshaft pulley for Nissan VG30 engine.
Can anyone help?

Please can anyone here help me with this?
Car is Infiniti J30.

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.