Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919466 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 1:00am On Apr 12, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Did it, I mean, we sprayed it after bringing it out. The light is still on jare.

What is the only fix to this thing?

replace faulty component
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 1:19am On Apr 12, 2019
Abdomox:
Not at all. The throttle is free of any obstruction.

My mechanic even washed the throttle and changed the plug.

since there is no error code am guessing a malfunction in the electronic throttle control.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Abdomox: 7:46am On Apr 12, 2019
nurey:

since there is no error code am guessing a malfunction in the electronic throttle control.

Please how can I go about this malfunction.

Change the system or give to Kazeem?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sankabson(m): 7:53am On Apr 12, 2019
03 Toyota Camry. 2AZ Engine.

Bought a full tank, drove for 2 days ( 3-4hrs driving daily ) to my surprise, the fuel light came up. Bought another 2k fuel, after some hours the light came back on.

The Rewire checked the Plugs, he said its not wet that everything is normal and all. He even checked the fuel gauge at the back Sit. He said it’s perfect.

I’m still having the same issue, I took the car for a scan, it showing 02 sensors bank 1. I changed it (well! I bought the sensor in Gate, Ibadan), the check engine light back on with the same code.

What can I do to stop all these please and where can I get a good 02 sensor in Ibadan?. I wouldn’t mind if you can recommend a good expert for me here in Ibadan.

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 7:59am On Apr 12, 2019
Abdomox:

Please how can I go about this malfunction.
Change the system or give to Kazeem?
I am not qualified enough to answer that.
cc kingreign gazzuzz Autoelectng

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 8:03am On Apr 12, 2019
Sankabson:
03 Toyota Camry. 2AZ Engine.

Bought a full tank, drove for 2 days ( 3-4hrs driving daily ) to my surprise, the fuel light came up. Bought another 2k fuel, after some hours the light came back on.

The Rewire checked the Plugs, he said its not wet that everything is normal and all. He even checked the fuel gauge at the back Sit. He said it’s perfect.

I’m still having the same issue, I took the car for a scan, it showing 02 sensors bank 1. I changed it (well! I bought the sensor in Gate, Ibadan), the check engine light back on with the same code.

What can I do to stop all these please and where can I get a good 02 sensor in Ibadan?. I wouldn’t mind if you can recommend a good expert for me here in Ibadan.

Thanks.

change the oxygen sensor and ensure the light goes off.

if that shit continues then

change air filter
sparkplugs have service life you can replace it's with original
clean throttle body
ensure exhaust isn't leaking

timifakay is in Ibadan contact him
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sankabson(m): 8:04am On Apr 12, 2019
nurey:

change the oxygen sensor and ensure the light goes off.

if that shit continues then

change air filter
sparkplugs have service life you can replace it's with original
clean throttle body
ensure exhaust isn't leaking

timifakay is in Ibadan contact him
. Thanks. I’ll check for his contact now.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chelseafan1: 8:25am On Apr 12, 2019
nurey:

replace faulty component

Problem now is that, we saw only one Sensor, the mechanic said the 2001 Camry has only that sensor and it's not under the vehicle like you said. Let me snap the one we worked on and show you.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chelseafan1: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2019
Is there any other sensor aside ds one? Car is envelop not pencil light.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:45am On Apr 12, 2019
Abdomox:
Not at all. The throttle is free of any obstruction.

My mechanic even washed the throttle and changed the plug.

Get a good high end tool, run a scan on it. Live scan should tell you the value of resistivity of the throttle pedal sensor and percentage of press when you depress it. (NOTE: YOU SHOULDNT START THE ENGINE WHEN RUNNING THIS LIVE SCAN ON THROTTLE PEDAL AND PRESSING IT). you alternative can use a digital Multimetre to test it.

Wait first, please run a VIN check let's know what we are dealing with. Please provide your VIN if it's okay by you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:09am On Apr 12, 2019
Abdomox:
Good evening,

My car has some hesitation when accelerating . The accelerator seems hard to depress.

Please what could be the cause for this.

Car make: Toyota Venza
Thank you.

Vehicle is equipped with an electronic throttle pedal and cannot be stiff.

I will recommend you change technicians. Your queries cannot be resolved here.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Problem now is that, we saw only one Sensor, the mechanic said the 2001 Camry has only that sensor and it's not under the vehicle like you said. Let me snap the one we worked on and show you.

check the exhaust behind the front driver seat, there should be a catalyst well hidden there. Except your car is OBD1 complaint which I doubt. if it's not there then the exhaust has been kazeemized.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2019
Chelseafan1:

remove socket to the O2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 is located under one of the front seats, pull both chairs forward and open the fabric covering.
When you are done Inspect the exhaust system under the car, it is very likely the O2 sensor has been eliminated by welder previously.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:39am On Apr 12, 2019
nurey:

check the exhaust behind the front driver seat, there should be a catalyst well hidden there. Except your car is OBD1 complaint which I doubt. if it's not there then the exhaust has been kazeemized.

catalytic converter is directly under the O2 sensor B1S1. For a 18year old car I doubt it would still be there or fictional bearing in mind extended abuse.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chelseafan1: 11:02am On Apr 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

remove socket to the O2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 is located under one of the front seats, pull both chairs forward and open the fabric covering.
When you are done Inspect the exhaust system under the car, it is very likely the O2 sensor has been eliminated by welder previously.

nurey:

Lol, thanks bosses, I'll check soon and get back. But I disconnected the battery earlier and waited for some minutes, connecting it back and restarting the car, the check engine was off. I then proceeded to scan the car but no fault codes was detected but this was the outcome I saw again.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05am On Apr 12, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Lol, thanks bosses, I'll check soon and get back. But I disconnected the battery earlier and waited for some minutes, connecting it back and restarting the car, the check engine was off. I then proceeded to scan the car but no fault codes was detected but this was the outcome I saw again.

It's a toyota, the faults will pop very soon. If you did not fix the problem, it is still there. Clearing codes does not fix problems.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chelseafan1: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

catalytic converter is directly under the O2 sensor B1S1. For a 18year old car I doubt it would still be there or fictional bearing in mind extended abuse.

Dude got the car 2 weeks ago from Cotonou
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chelseafan1: 11:07am On Apr 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

It's a toyota, the faults will pop very soon. If you did not fix the problem, it is still there. Clearing codes does not fix problems.

No sir, i didn't clear the codes, it just didn't display it like it did yesterday.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 11:19am On Apr 12, 2019
Chelseafan1:

No sir, i didn't clear the codes, it just didn't display it like it did yesterday.

removing ba3 only resets ECU reason for no codes, before you reach danjuma selling suya down the street the check light will illuminate grin

your solution is already known do the needful or manage the car like that your choice
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chelseafan1: 11:25am On Apr 12, 2019
nurey:

removing ba3 only resets ECU reason for no codes, before you reach danjuma selling suya down the street the check light will illuminate grin

your solution is already known do the needful or manage the car like that your choice

Lol, I am sorry o.

I didn't really get Oga GAZZUZZ well, if I open the floor rug, will I bring out the o2 sensor and buy another one or clean it. Removing the rug seems tedious for me, and the guy is not learned sef, Shey I for introduce am to the thread,etc him continue himself.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29am On Apr 12, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Dude got the car 2 weeks ago from Cotonou

It's still an 18year old car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chelseafan1: 11:59am On Apr 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

It's still an 18year old car

Lol, sure.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oriented247(m): 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

brake rotors are suppose to generate heat. When you washed the left side (drivers side) did you have same smoke steam?
No steam from d driver's side. Just d passenger's side.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mustydeen(m): 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
kcbaba007:

pls, can i get a descriptive pics, dont seem to know the one that can be the vss on the gear box

You should run a scan on that vehicle first. Engine/Abs/AT
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Abdomox: 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
4T3ZE11A79U019160

Thank you.

kingreign:

Get a good high end tool, run a scan on it. Live scan should tell you the value of resistivity of the throttle pedal sensor and percentage of press when you depress it. (NOTE: YOU SHOULDNT START THE ENGINE WHEN RUNNING THIS LIVE SCAN ON THROTTLE PEDAL AND PRESSING IT). you alternative can use a digital Multimetre to test it.

Wait first, please run a VIN check let's know what we are dealing with. Please provide your VIN if it's okay by you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Abdomox: 11:18pm On Apr 12, 2019
This is what I saw when I scanned. No error was detected tho.

Is this fine?

kingreign:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:39pm On Apr 12, 2019
Abdomox:
This is what I saw when I scanned. No error was detected tho.

Is this fine?

This scanner cannot do the job. You need a proper high end scanner.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by OilsPartsCars: 8:55am On Apr 13, 2019
sniperwolf:

Have you got Blue Driver

Yes, 67,000. There is also, JDiag FastLink M2 30,000. Albeit, the Bluedriver is more reliable

What is your car model and year. To confirm if it will be compartible
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by computerglobal(m): 9:59am On Apr 13, 2019
Abdomox:
4T3ZE11A79U019160

Thank you.

We are your number one source to get any vehicle checked. We make it easy for you to discover the complete history of any used car before you buy or sell it. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you'll have peace of mind before you buy . Have that peace of mind knowing the vehicle's complete history.
You’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Contact us via Sms or Whatsapp or via BBM below
Call: 08060365068
Sms vin : 08060365068
Whatsapp us on +234-806-036-5068
BBM Pin : d8ba2588

Contact us directly on Whats-app now . Just a click away.
https:///+2348060365068

You can get a free comprehensive vehicle report here
https://www.nairaland.com/5041564/weekend-awoof-free-checks
https://www.nairaland.com/5034136/weekend-awoof-free-checks

✓ Verify Custom Documents and other verifiable documents
https://www.nairaland.com/4916517/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom/9#74845615
Contact us for documents verification on 08060365068
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:35am On Apr 14, 2019
Please what is this thing called?

It goes to the AC compressor and wiring on top goes the Fan
and relay/fuse box.

Sorry the picture isn't that great. Can only take a picture from the top

It's like a small cylinder. Is there a sensor on top of it?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sniperwolf(m): 8:07am On Apr 14, 2019
OilsPartsCars:

Yes, 67,000. There is also, JDiag FastLink M2 30,000. Albeit, the Bluedriver is more reliable

What is your car model and year. To confirm if it will be compartible

2008 Honda Accord

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.