Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919515 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by diportivo: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2019
Stormyweather:
there are some highlanders that comes with three knob on the radio and AC control while some comes in two like in the picture below. Please what's the difference sir.

you have also been saying the difference all along

some highlander have 2 knobs

some have 3

2 and 3 na the diference nah abi grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by diportivo: 8:57am On Apr 10, 2019
oriented247:
Good evening Gazzuzz. I need advice. I bought a tok corolla last week from a dealer who happen to b a friend. Today my mechanic observed a bad shock at d front n prescribed immediate change. Whp should pay? Me or my dealer friend. P.S. I still owe him some amount from purchace

if I were the dealer and you came back after a week to complain,I will bring out my wand and do u avada kedavra ni

no time angry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stormyweather(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2019
diportivo:

you have also been saying the difference all along

some highlander have 2 knobs

some have 3

2 and 3 na the diference nah abi grin
grin abi o boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by OilsPartsCars: 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2019
sniperwolf:
Please recommend an OBD scanner at a reasonable price for 2010 Honda Accord

1. ELM 327 Bluetooth scanner : 5000

2. Jdiag Jd101, does live data, battery tester, the live battery voltage can be used to detect if alternor is working : 15,000

3. Launch creader 4001: obd2 diagnosis, live data.

4. Autel ml629 : Engine /Airbag /Abs/Transmission diagnosis. Live data. 60,000. With this you can own a Nigerian Autoshop, or just do diagnosis and get paid

All available. Can deliver to anywhere in Nigeria. All will work on your car.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mustydeen(m): 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
4llerbuntu:
Please i still need help with my AC.

it still works at random. and works just fine when it works

When it stops working apparently the diagnosis is: the compressor is not getting power, but the relay and fuses are ok.

Went to change the AC switch panel on the dash and the guy was honest enough to tell me he didn't think there's anything wrong with the one i have there at the moment

he then removed the relay and stuck a wire into the slots, and the compressor starts. he said the Relay is fine which is really confusing......

also watched another stick a long screwdriver down to push the AC Clutch and it started. that one said the AC clutch needs to be 'serviced' whatever that means. Doesn't add up for me because like i said the system does work fine when it works.....

I just need to know precisely what needs to be fixed. Thus far no one seems to be sure. Haven't let anyone touch anything though. Not a big fan of guesswork.

Please help, who has an idea why this is....... mosbus gazzuzz radautoworks autologic

Which car is this. Model and year
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mustydeen(m): 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2019
magikalz:

What could cause gear oil to be vomitting? Happened when I was driving from east to Lagos.

Note: Gear oil was not recently filled.

Scan the transmission.

A bypass of the AT cooler can cause this . I have had. instances of no bypass, and transmission still heats up. And only happens when you do long trips. Most times it is AT temperature sensor high input.

The temperature sensor most times loose connections. Refit back, Change fluid and strainer.

This is common in Camry's, es350's.

Most importantly, Scan the AT, and see which code comes up.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mustydeen(m): 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2019
kcbaba007:
car gurus, I noticed that in my Honda accord EOD 05 model, the speedometer moves erratically, the gearbox when in motion changes roughly, both on high speed and low speed, I diagnosed it, but got no codes, I feel it's the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) that's the culprit, my problem here is locating the speed sensor, but, wetin I know, car gurus in the house, kindly show me d location of d speed sensors, and if you have other solutions to this issue, I will be happy if you can tell me.

Your EOD has a vehicle speed sensor, most times located on the transmission. A live data of vehicle speed, wheel speed sensors (abs), and vehicle speed sensors(also called input speed sensor) should reveal the culprit.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 12:21am On Apr 11, 2019
Gallass:

Please can anyone here help me with this?
Car is Infiniti J30.

Year?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chelseafan1: 3:58am On Apr 11, 2019
Hi house, scanned a 2001 Camry showing the check engine light.

These were the codes shown.

What do they mean please and how can they be rectified.

Thanks

PS : asking for a friend.

P0136

P1130

CC Diportivo, HeavenlyBang, GAZZUZZ, Radautoworks, Nurey, etc etc
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 7:25am On Apr 11, 2019
Chelseafan1:
Hi house, scanned a 2001 Camry showing the check engine light.

These were the codes shown.

What do they mean please and how can they be rectified.

Thanks

PS : asking for a friend.

P0136

P1130

Your issue points to oxygen sensor faulty, I believe if you change the sensor it should erase both error codes. They work in tandem with each other.

The sensor you are looking for is after the catalyst under the vehicle.

www.automotiveforums.com/t891374-camry_check_engine_light_p1130_p1135.html
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2019
radautoworks:

Year?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chelseafan1: 7:41am On Apr 11, 2019
nurey:

Your issue points to oxygen sensor faulty, I believe if you change the sensor it should erase both error codes. They work in tandem with each other.

The sensor you are looking for is after the catalyst under the vehicle.

www.automotiveforums.com/t891374-camry_check_engine_light_p1130_p1135.html

Yes, thanks Nurey

You have an idea of how much the sensor costs now?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oriented247(m): 8:01am On Apr 11, 2019
What could b wrong?
Haven driven my car to work dis morning, i decided to wash off mud stain from d tyres n discovered smoke n burnt smell from d from passenger's side front tyre. P.S. Its a tokubor car n just started driving it. Could it be because of long park of d vehicle?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluayebenz: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2019
oriented247:
What could b wrong?
Haven driven my car to work dis morning, i decided to wash off mud stain from d tyres n discovered smoke n burnt smell from d from passenger's side front tyre. P.S. Its a tokubor car n just started driving it. Could it be because of long park of d vehicle?

Yes I believe is because of the long parking
Your brake piston might be stuck.
It might later release itself thou
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:53am On Apr 11, 2019
oriented247:
What could b wrong?

brake rotors are suppose to generate heat. When you washed the left side (drivers side) did you have same smoke steam?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2019
mustydeen:

Your EOD has a vehicle speed sensor, most times located on the transmission. A live data of vehicle speed, wheel speed sensors (abs), and vehicle speed sensors(also called input speed sensor) should reveal the culprit.

pls, can i get a descriptive pics, dont seem to know the one that can be the vss on the gear box
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Yes, thanks Nurey

You have an idea of how much the sensor costs now?

It's advice able you let the mechanic go get it so if it's not the right one he can always go change it himself. should cost between 5 to 10k. if you have a working one use a digital meter to check the reading so you can confirm same reading for a working 1
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chelseafan1: 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
nurey:

It's advice able you let the mechanic go get it so if it's not the right one he can always go change it himself. should cost between 5 to 10k. if you have a working one use a digital meter to check the reading so you can confirm same reading for a working 1

OK, thanks but is it advisable to pull it out and clean it using that carb or throttle cleaner dt usually come with a small straw?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 1:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
4llerbuntu:
Please i still need help with my AC.

it still works at random. and works just fine when it works

When it stops working apparently the diagnosis is: the compressor is not getting power, but the relay and fuses are ok.

Went to change the AC switch panel on the dash and the guy was honest enough to tell me he didn't think there's anything wrong with the one i have there at the moment

he then removed the relay and stuck a wire into the slots, and the compressor starts. he said the Relay is fine which is really confusing......

also watched another stick a long screwdriver down to push the AC Clutch and it started. that one said the AC clutch needs to be 'serviced' whatever that means. Doesn't add up for me because like i said the system does work fine when it works.....

I just need to know precisely what needs to be fixed. Thus far no one seems to be sure. Haven't let anyone touch anything though. Not a big fan of guesswork.

Please help, who has an idea why this is....... mosbus gazzuzz radautoworks autologic

My AC that's doing that after random checks and trial the rewire came this morning to say that it is the Brain Box that is supplying power to the Condenser and that he will have to get a thermostat and kind of repackage another switch for the Condenser or so
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eddykisses1(m): 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2019
Good day all.
One of my car window is stuck, it doesn't go up or down, what could be cause and how much does it cost to fix it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

My AC that's doing that after random checks and trial the rewire came this morning to say that it is the Brain Box that is supplying power to the Condenser and that he will have to get a thermostat and kind of repackage another switch for the Condenser or so

Lol

No please.

Take it to proper AC people.

Why you go.even call rewire for AC problem grin cheesy

I followed oga Autologic suggestion and asked for this test

autologic:

change the AC clutch .It is losing already it magnetism which account for it working intermittently.
To confirm this ,do this check when the AC compressor is down(with the AC switch On)
Remove the compressor input power feed connector and confirm if it still carrying 12v even when the compressor is not working and if so then my claim is right .

Mine was the AC Clutch coil.

I've fixed mine and it's working fine.

They will remove the compressor and fix the coil diode or replace the coil entirely. Then replace the gas in the system.

Just give it to someone competent
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eddykisses1(m): 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2019
eddykisses1:
Good day all.
One of my car window is stuck, it doesn't go up or down, what could be cause and how much does it cost to fix it?
Someone should help out
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Abdomox: 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
Good evening,

My car has some hesitation when accelerating. The accelerator seems hard to depress.

Please what could be the cause for this.

Car make: Toyota Venza

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 8:44pm On Apr 11, 2019
Chelseafan1:

OK, thanks but is it advisable to pull it out and clean it using that carb or throttle cleaner dt usually come with a small straw?

I don't think anything positive will come out from doing that. you can wipe the clip and pins and fix back and see if that solves your issue.

but spraying carb cleaner directly on oxygen sensor does nothing
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 8:47pm On Apr 11, 2019
eddykisses1:
Good day all.

It's a factory known fault which occurs on Bugatti Veyron 2020 return it to the dealer since it is still under warranty
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
Abdomox:
Good evening,

My car has some hesitation when accelerating. The accelerator seems hard to depress.

Thank you.

let a technician give you a working diagnosis your pedal may be the issue since it's hard accelerator not unresponsive acceleration.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chelseafan1: 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
nurey:

I don't think anything positive will come out from doing that. you can wipe the clip and pins and fix back and see if that solves your issue.

but spraying carb cleaner directly on oxygen sensor does nothing

Did it, I mean, we sprayed it after bringing it out. The light is still on jare.

What is the only fix to this thing?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
Abdomox:
Good evening,

Thank you.

Hard to depress, hesitation,
I thought all Toyota's from 06 became ETCS-i?

Please scan that car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Abdomox: 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2019
kingreign:

Hard to depress, hesitation,
I thought all Toyota's from 06 became ETCS-i?

Please scan that car.

Thank you. I have scanned the car, no error code.

Guess it's something not electrical.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Abdomox: 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
Thank you. It's responsive but at a slower rate to what should be.

When I gas, it doesnot respond immediately...i.e a little hesitation.

nurey:

let a technician give you a working diagnosis your pedal may be the issue since it's hard accelerator not unresponsive acceleration.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2019
Abdomox:

Thank you. I have scanned the car, no error code.

Guess it's something not electrical.

Is any thing like carpeting, sand and other foreign body sticking the throttle pedal?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Abdomox: 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
Not at all. The throttle is free of any obstruction.

My mechanic even washed the throttle and changed the plug.
kingreign:

Is any thing like carpeting, sand and other foreign body sticking the throttle pedal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.