Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914191 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by myners007: 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
[quote author=KINGreignn post=88541955]

Your location matters,
Service history of the vehicles matters,
The current state of the vehicles matters also.

[Thanks.
Location Warri and both vehicles were service last in June 2019.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
myners007:
Thanks.
Location Warri and both vehicles were service last in June 2019.
What type of oil was used in servicing them?
Were the vehicles parked or still actively being used till now?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by myners007: 2:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
KINGreignn:

What type of oil was used in servicing them?
Were the vehicles parked or still actively being used till now?
Mobil oil and they are still been used actively
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
myners007:
Mobil oil and they are still been used actively

There are many grades of Mobil oils, a lot aren't even suitable for your cars so I wouldn't know the grade used. That said, Toyota recommends a 5000miles/7,500 km or 6months oil change interval.
That said, I'd advice you continue to use the exact grade of oil used previously in servicing them.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by myners007: 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
KINGreignn:

There are many grades of Mobil oils, a lot aren't even suitable for your cars so I wouldn't know the grade used. That said, Toyota recommends a 5000miles/7,500 km or 6months oil change interval.
That said, I'd advice you continue to use the exact grade of oil used previously in servicing them.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Machini(m): 8:30am On Apr 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Durability is subjective.

The Camry engine is atoning chain free from maintenance, the civic is a timing belt which should be replaced every 70kmiles

The Camry engine (I4) is 250k, while the civic is 120k.

Body and suspension parts are almost at par.

Greetings Boss Gazzuzz. I like what you did here. Please could you do same for me? I'm torn between getting a 2008 Lexus ES 350 and a 2013 Toyota Camry. Especially cost of replacing the major parts like Engine and transmission. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:35am On Apr 18, 2020
Machini:

Greetings Boss Gazzuzz. I like what you did here. Please could you do same for me? I'm torn between getting a 2008 Lexus ES 350 and a 2013 Toyota Camry. Especially cost of replacing the major parts like Engine and transmission. Thanks.

Is the 2013 Camry V6? Or 4 cylinder
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Machini(m): 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Is the 2013 Camry V6? Or 4 cylinder
It's 4 cyl Sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2020
Machini:

The ES350 is notorious for transmission failure irrespective of mileage. I inspected a 90,000 mile ES recently that had a defective gearbox .

You are better of with the camry

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

The ES350 is notorious for transmission failure irrespective of mileage. I inspected a 90,000 mile ES recently that had a defective gearbox .

Oga gazzuzz pls what's your take on Lexus is250 2007 model.
It ticks all my boxes on the outside but i need an expert's view.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
olumzzz:

Oga gazzuzz pls what's your take on Lexus is250 2007 model.
It ticks all my boxes on the outside but i need an expert's view.

my responses will be biased. Best to ask Somone who has owned or currently owns one in Nigeria.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Machini(m): 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Wow. Okay, thanks Boss.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

my responses will be biased. Best to ask Somone who has owned or currently owns one in Nigeria.
Pls let's hear your response.
It will only represent a point of view, I'll also get the point of view of users
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by divo(m): 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

how much can one get a very good registered rav 4 2007 - 2010. Or can u recommend a good suv easy to maintain max budget 1.7 m
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
olumzzz:

Pls let's hear your response.
It will only represent a point of view, I'll also get the point of view of users

parts are scarce, never drive through 2inches of water or risk damaging the electronically assisted power steering.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drakeskull(m): 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

parts are scarce, never drive through 2inches of water or risk damaging the electronically assisted power steering.

Very true, I experienced same.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jeraw: 11:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

please sir, I want to ask if this also applies to 2008 Elantra (Dana Spec) because it already has an EPS light on the dashboard. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dyrocha: 1:26am On Apr 19, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Boss GAZZUZZ of Life. Good Morning oo.

I am in the process of servicing my toyota camry 2006 (4 Cylinder, 2.4L engine) which i bought in february, 2020. I have not carried out a service before i started using but i feel the need to do so immediately being that i have started smelling that awful smoke smell while the car is on. Also i notice that it take a little more than 2 seconds after igniting the car before it starts (although im attributing that to the security feature of the car (my own opinion though and i might be right or wrong)). Now i want to have it serviced for the first time in my possession but dont know which engine oil grade i should use. I currently dont have the financial muscle to get the Mobil 1 engine oil i hear almost every one recommend still i would love your recommendation for a good quality engine oil for my car.

P.S recommendation is also needed for Transmission fluid and Brake oil fluid.

Thank you.

Cc: Othe Gurus in the house.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 1:40am On Apr 19, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DadR: 8:39am On Apr 19, 2020
Good morning Boss,

From this picture, can you tell if this 04 Corolla Altis was converted or not?

Thanks

GAZZUZZ:

The sonata is preferably best gotten in 4cylinder. The Altis is a corolla. If you buying the Altis, ensure it is not converted.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:41am On Apr 19, 2020
DadR:
Good morning Boss,

From this picture, can you tell if this 04 Corolla Altis was converted or not?

Thanks

Vin and engine bay pics usually the best
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DadR: 8:46am On Apr 19, 2020
I don't have the VIN yet but here is the engine bay.

Gazzuzz

GAZZUZZ:

Vin and engine bay pics usually the best

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drakeskull(m): 9:37am On Apr 19, 2020
dyrocha:

I am in the process of servicing my toyota camry 2006 (4 Cylinder, 2.4L engine) which i bought in february, 2020. I have not carried out a service before i started using but i feel the need to do so immediately being that i have started smelling that awful smoke smell while the car is on. Also i notice that it take a little more than 2 seconds after igniting the car before it starts (although im attributing that to the security feature of the car (my own opinion though and i might be right or wrong)). Now i want to have it serviced for the first time in my possession but dont know which engine oil grade i should use. I currently dont have the financial muscle to get the Mobil 1 engine oil i hear almost every one recommend still i would love your recommendation for a good quality engine oil for my car.

Thank you.

That 2 seconds delay could be as a result of old engine oil in the car. It's common in BMW, if you fail to change oil when due you experience such. I don't know if same applies to Toyota.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:55am On Apr 19, 2020
dyrocha:

Thank you.

You must not use mobil1. Search for any good brand of engine oil with the 5w30 weight. Don't be deceived , there are only two recommend oils it's either full synthetic or mineral. That semi is a scam.

Good luck
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jeraw: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
jeraw:
please sir, I want to ask if this also applies to 2008 Elantra (Dana Spec) because it already has an EPS light on the dashboard. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tonylaw07(m): 11:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
Please I need your advice. I changed the ac compressor of my 2003 toyota Camry and the ac guy connected the Fans direct. Now the engine is so noisy and the idle is above 1000rpm. I even noticed the car has started consuming fuel. Before the compressor was changed the aux fan only comes on when the engine gets hot. Please what can I do.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 8:32am On Apr 20, 2020
tonylaw07:
Please I need your advice. I changed the ac compressor of my 2003 toyota Camry and the ac guy connected the Fans direct. Now the engine is so noisy and the idle is above 1000rpm. I even noticed the car has started consuming fuel. Before the compressor was changed the aux fan only comes on when the engine gets hot. Please what can I do.

Go and change it back, connecting fans direct is wrong it will slow the process of the engine hitting operating temperature which would contribute to high rpm and fuel consumption
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigade: 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2020
Good job being done here Oga GAZZUZZ,

I have some questions that I need your enlightenment,

1. Please can you give a name of any Good Brand of oil that you can recommend for either full synthetic or mineral, and which one is the best between the two.

2. And Again, is it possible to change the brand of oil someone is using for a particular car before to a new one, and if possible is there any side effect to this.

3. If someone want to buy a new shock absorber, which one can you recommend between the new one and tokunbo and must it be buy with a spring.

4. Which gear oil is good for a Toyota Camry 2000 model.

Thanks in anticipation as I'm waiting for your response.

GAZZUZZ:

You must not use mobil1. Search for any good brand of engine oil with the 5w30 weight. Don't be deceived , there are only two recommend oils it's either full synthetic or mineral. That semi is a scam.

Good luck
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:54am On Apr 21, 2020
Bigade:
Good job being done here Oga GAZZUZZ,

I have some questions that I need your enlightenment,

1. Please can you give a name of any Good Brand of oil that you can recommend for either full synthetic or mineral, and which one is the best between the two.

If it is for a Camry 2000, kindly use mineral oil 20w50, available in most petrol stations e.g total.

2. And Again, is it possible to change the brand of oil someone is using for a particular car before to a new one, and if possible is there any side effect to this.

3. If someone want to buy a new shock absorber, which one can you recommend between the new one and tokunbo and must it be buy with a spring.

Brand new KYB
4. Which gear oil is good for a Toyota Camry 2000 model.

DextronIII again most petrol stations try oando.

Thanks in anticipation as I'm waiting for your response.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by twinskenny(m): 12:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Well done oga gazzuz you are doing well
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
twinskenny:
Well done oga gazzuz you are doing well

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigade: 7:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=88683910][/quote]

Thanks for the quick response. I really appreciate.

But my oga you didn't answer the question 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Abbeyismo(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.