Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914319 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sheu01: 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

You must not use mobil1. Search for any good brand of engine oil with the 5w30 weight. Don't be deceived , there are only two recommend oils it's either full synthetic or mineral. That semi is a scam.

Good luck

Chief Gazzuzz, Pls I want to learn from u, can u tell us d reason y he should not use Mobil 1 especially Mobil 1 Eextended Performance
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by idris2g(m): 6:34am On Apr 22, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Durability is subjective.

The Camry engine is atoning chain free from maintenance, the civic is a timing belt which should be replaced every 70kmiles

The Camry engine (I4) is 250k, while the civic is 120k.

Body and suspension parts are almost at par.

Good day boss Gazzuzz
I've been following this thread but I rarely comment.
Pls I need clarity on two issues. I use a 2004 4 cylinder Toyota Camry (2AZ-FE engine) with a manual transmission. My car vibrates mildly on idle but vibrates seriously when I put on my AC or when I'm about to move from a static position (gear one) with or without AC. My mechanic examined it and told me two engine seat are bad and said it cost 25k (per one) for a genuine one. How true is this??

Secondly, when on highway speed my transmission slips on gear five as a result, anytime I'm driving and I'm on gear five, I usually hold it with my hand to avoid slipping. My mechanic told me there is no solution that the transmission has gone bad so I will have to replace the transmission of the car. I don't know if this is true undecided.

Kindly assist abeg. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:22am On Apr 22, 2020
idris2g:

Good day boss Gazzuzz
I've been following this thread but I rarely comment.
Pls I need clarity on two issues. I use a 2004 4 cylinder Toyota Camry (2AZ-FE engine) with a manual transmission. My car vibrates mildly on idle but vibrates seriously when I put on my AC or when I'm about to move from a static position (gear one) with or without AC. My mechanic examined it and told me two engine seat are bad and said it cost 25k (per one) for a genuine one. How true is this??

Secondly, when on highway speed my transmission slips on gear five as a result, anytime I'm driving and I'm on gear five, I usually hold it with my hand to avoid slipping. My mechanic told me there is no solution that the transmission has gone bad so I will have to replace the transmission of the car. I don't know if this is true undecided.

Kindly assist abeg. Thanks.

I do not think your engine mounts are bad, but if bad they do not cost that much for a replacement. You should look at the following.

Service IACV. Idle control valve.

Clutch pressure plate and disk

Replace transmission.

For the transmission i have one in stock at a reasonable price .

https:///2348033910382

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigade: 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
Between Dextron III and T-IV Transmition Fluid, which one should I use for my Camry 2000 Transmition Gear

Which one of this two will give me a better result

GAZZUZZ:

I do not think your engine mounts are bad, but if bad they do not cost that much for a replacement. You should look at the following.

Service IACV. Idle control valve.

Clutch pressure plate and disk

Replace transmission.

For the transmission i have one in stock at a reasonable price .

https:///2348033910382

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Machini(m): 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
Machini:

Wow. Okay, thanks Boss.

Good evening All. Good evening Gazzuzz.

So after I took your advice a dealer is trying to convince me to go for the LE trim instead of the SE. His major reason is the ground clearance. However, I checked online and saw the 2 have the same ground clearance on paper: 6.1 inch. Please what's your opinion? Then are there other issues that one may encounter with the SE trim over the the LE option? Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Machini(m): 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

The ES350 is notorious for transmission failure irrespective of mileage. I inspected a 90,000 mile ES recently that had a defective gearbox .

You are better of with the camry

So after I took your advice a dealer is trying to convince me to go for the LE trim instead of the SE. His major reason is the ground clearance. However, I checked online and saw the 2 have the same ground clearance on paper: 6.1 inch. Please what's your opinion? Then are there other issues that one may encounter with the SE trim over the the LE option? Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Itzhandy: 11:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
Contact https:///2347084523237 for any China Pickups,Chinese Account,WeChat Pay,Alipay all available for instant pickup,Your Money Available in 60 Minutes � � Good Rate � �
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:47am On Apr 23, 2020
Machini:

LE / SE same mechanical parts.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Machini(m): 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

I appreciate boss.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adejide2: 1:07am On Apr 24, 2020
Good morning sir, hope you are coping well withthe lockdown situation we find ourselves in Nigeria? God will surely see us true and the infection will never come to our doorposts in Jesus name. Amen.

I just bought a Nigeria used Highlander 2004 v6 car. Whenever I make attempt to shift 5he gear from pack to drive it usually make grinding/shaking sensation and also when on drive atimes the gear slip or lose traction.
When I put it on my scanner it showed codes for heater sensor and crankshaft/crankshaft sensor pending.
Sir what can you say is wrong with car and possible solution to it. Thanks as I look forward to your reply.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jaz(m): 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
Nice
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adejide2: 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
adejide2:
Good morning sir, hope you are coping well withthe lockdown situation we find ourselves in Nigeria? God will surely see us true and the infection will never come to our doorposts in Jesus name. Amen.

I just bought a Nigeria used Highlander 2004 v6 car. Whenever I make attempt to shift 5he gear from pack to drive it usually make grinding/shaking sensation and also when on drive atimes the gear slip or lose traction.
When I put it on my scanner it showed codes for heater sensor and crankshaft/crankshaft sensor pending.
Sir what can you say is wrong with car and possible solution to it. Thanks as I look forward to your reply.

Please I am still waiting for any possible response
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrford(m): 1:44am On Apr 25, 2020
adejide2:

Please I am still waiting for any possible response

Scan the transmission. Your scanner cannot do that.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adejide2: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2020
The scanner didn't give any code related to transmission fault when the car was scanned.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrford(m): 10:00am On Apr 25, 2020
adejide2:
The scanner didn't give any code related to transmission fault when the car was scanned.

Which scanner did you use?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 11:26am On Apr 25, 2020
Good morning all, pls have anyone experience this::
Car alarms kicks in few minutes after you hv parked the car.
Until you use the keyfob to mute it by opening and locking the doors.
This happens like 2 times withing 12hrs.
An auto rewire say make i commot the anti theft system. Which am very keen abt.

Car is toyota camry.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2020
Zane2point4:
Good morning all, pls have anyone experience this::
Car alarms kicks in few minutes after you hv parked the car.
Until you use the keyfob to mute it by opening and locking the doors.
This happens like 2 times withing 12hrs.
An auto rewire say make i commot the anti theft system. Which am very keen abt.

Car is toyota camry.

Sounds like one red muscle I go borrow last year....
Na so the car shout ever 30 mins all night... My neighbour think say I steal am.
embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adejide2: 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
This also sound like that
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
eRex:

Sounds like one red muscle I go borrow last year....
Na so the car shout ever 30 mins all night... My neighbour think say I steal am.
embarassed

Very frustrating, if i exhaust my option will have no other option than to disable it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2020
Zane2point4:

Very frustrating, if i exhaust my option will have no other option than to disable it.

Have you tried to remove the battery perhaps it will reset the security because I don't think that is the default behaviour of the security
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
ojeysky:

Have you tried to remove the battery perhaps it will reset the security because I don't think that is the default behaviour of the security
Every option is needed, I'll try it this evening.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adejide2: 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=Mrford post=88830675]

Which scanner did you use? [/quote

I used EOBD/OBD2:D900 version 2018 scanner.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2020
ojeysky:

I was warned then not to remove the battery that the car will need to be programmed to start o..

See me see trouble... 5am I just jejely go return the car... Heard it been sold now sef
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2020
eRex:

I was warned then not to remove the battery that the car will need to be programmed to start o..

See me see trouble... 5am I just jejely go return the car... Heard it been sold now sef

Unless it's not the normal Camry, if you remove the battery all that should happen when you put it back is that the system will need to relearn it's fuel trim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrford(m): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=adejide2 post=88845253][/quote]

That can only scan the engine ecu. Find a high end scanner to be able to retrieve code from transmission if any.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Manuella4ace: 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Good evening gazzuzz,

I want you to advice on the best buy here, a 2008 Toyota Yaris (Nigerian used), 2009 Hyundai accent toks, 2009 Hyundai Elantra toks.

Thanks for your awaited response
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:41am On Apr 26, 2020
Manuella4ace:

Good evening gazzuzz,

I want you to advice on the best buy here, a 2008 Toyota Yaris (Nigerian used), 2009 Hyundai accent toks, 2009 Hyundai Elantra toks.

Thanks for your awaited response

Once Nigerian used comes to play, individual evaluation of both vehicles is required before making a decision

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Manuella4ace: 10:16am On Apr 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Once Nigerian used comes to play, individual evaluation of both vehicles is required before making a decision

Thanks

What if all the 3 cars are toks which is the best buy?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2020
Manuella4ace:

Thanks

What if all the 3 cars are toks which is the best buy?

The Yaris.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dejidotun2000(m): 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
Good day Gazzuzz.

Please help !

My 06 Rio AC was working fine until one day that the compressor kept cutting off intermittently, I stopped using the AC afterwards.
Sometime later, I realized that the clutch no longer engages when I put on the AC.

I did some troubleshooting and I realized that the clutch, fuses and relays were okay, the ECU was just refusing to provide a ground(negative) supply to the AC relay.

This leads me to believe that it's either the ECU is faulty or the ECU is intentionally not turning on the relay because of an input from a sensor.

I got a service manual and the manual showed that there is an AC pressure transducer that converts the pressure on the high pressure line to a voltage signal. I want to measure the signal but the instruction in the manual isn't clear enough to me.

I have attached the relevant page from the manual, please help me interpret it.

Thanks.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2020
dejidotun2000:
Good day Gazzuzz.

Please help !

My 06 Rio AC was working fine until one day that the compressor kept cutting off intermittently, I stopped using the AC afterwards.
Sometime later, I realized that the clutch no longer engages when I put on the AC.

I did some troubleshooting and I realized that the clutch, fuses and relays were okay, the ECU was just refusing to provide a ground(negative) supply to the AC relay.

This leads me to believe that it's either the ECU is faulty or the ECU is intentionally not turning on the relay because of an input from a sensor.

I got a service manual and the manual showed that there is an AC pressure transducer that converts the pressure on the high pressure line to a voltage signal. I want to measure the signal but the instruction in the manual isn't clear enough to me.

I have attached the relevant page from the manual, please help me interpret it.

Thanks.

Since we are dealing with figures, what is the amount of refrigerant pressure in the system currently? (High and low)

Kindly. Heck the contact points of the sensor in the picture below.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dejidotun2000(m): 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
I have no idea of the refrigerant pressure as I don't have a gauge, the car has a history of leakage though so it is possible that it's out of gas.

That sensor terminals are facing downwards, special tools will be needed to probe further.

Many thanks for your help, I will just take it to a shop when the lockdown is over.
GAZZUZZ:

Since we are dealing with figures, what is the amount of refrigerant pressure in the system currently? (High and low)

Kindly. Heck the contact points of the sensor in the picture below.

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.