Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922377 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lagsfinest: 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello Mr Gazzuz, thanks for the great work you are doing here and God bless you. I recently bought a Honda accord 1998 model{ babyboy} from a friend months ago bur I didn't realize some few faults, the engine is in good condition but I obeserve that whenever I put on the AC, it reduces the engine work thereby reducing the slow as if the car is about going off, went to a rewire known to me and he said I need. To change the vacuum, of which I know for a V4 babyboy engine, may have more than 10 vacuums, Anoda rewire said it may be the Kompressor of the AC, which I recently change and still gives me same issue most expecially when d engine is very warm. Also I have the check engine light on, SRS light on and also the ABS light on. Plz advice what can I do
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oseri(m): 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lagsfinest: 11:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hello Mr gazzuz, thanks for the good work you are doing, plz can I come for a free scan becox my 1998 accord babyboy has so much problem that I can't explain it all...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:50am On Aug 31, 2015
Lagsfinest:
Hello Mr Gazzuz, thanks for the great work you are doing here and God bless you. I recently bought a Honda accord 1998 model{ babyboy} from a friend months ago bur I didn't realize some few faults, the engine is in good condition but I obeserve that whenever I put on the AC, it reduces the engine work thereby reducing the slow as if the car is about going off, went to a rewire known to me and he said I need. To change the vacuum, of which I know for a V4 babyboy engine, may have more than 10 vacuums, Anoda rewire said it may be the Kompressor of the AC, which I recently change and still gives me same issue most expecially when d engine is very warm. Also I have the check engine light on, SRS light on and also the ABS light on. Plz advice what can I do

Idle speedvalve is the most likely culprit, have it serviced or replaced, also have the vehicle scanned.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:52am On Aug 31, 2015
Lagsfinest:
Hello Mr gazzuz, thanks for the good work you are doing, plz can I come for a free scan becox my 1998 accord babyboy has so much problem that I can't explain it all...

Free scan is currently not running.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lagsfinest: 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
Thanks for the info, please how much does a scan cost and how do I tell my mechanic to check for the idle speed valve.. can I also get your number to call you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Lagsfinest:
Thanks for the info, please how much does a scan cost and how do I tell my mechanic to check for the idle speed valve.. can I also get your number to call you

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ayostically: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
hello Sir. do u deal on all brands of cars or a select category? just curious, @ Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ayostically:
hello Sir. do u deal on all brands of cars or a select category? just curious, @ Gazzuzz

Depends, I might decline a repair job if you bring this [img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQG-mEeV0H6TtGQVz8-DZp5S-1MY9KPTIVVxswUu3dpnmypixk2[/img]

Or this [img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSKA3JwbkoQzfUkPPvbaUdlUgeud_vvYY_jNK0jdCIwWMdXp3EMg[/img]

I will certainly not touch this grin

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnUa0qFW1ctUEfMfTGs63_UjT5LuiqCB9t7G6Z3EVdFYi6rZ31aA[/img]

Every car has a repair manual, I fix any brand, I don't discriminate

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inze(m): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Depends, I might decline a repair job if you bring this [img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQG-mEeV0H6TtGQVz8-DZp5S-1MY9KPTIVVxswUu3dpnmypixk2[/img]

Or this [img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSKA3JwbkoQzfUkPPvbaUdlUgeud_vvYY_jNK0jdCIwWMdXp3EMg[/img]

I will certainly not touch this grin

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnUa0qFW1ctUEfMfTGs63_UjT5LuiqCB9t7G6Z3EVdFYi6rZ31aA[/img]

Every car has a repair manual, I fix any brand, I don't discriminate

grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ayostically: 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
lol, goes to say u are not "old sckool"

I was just thinking, frm experience, btwn the honda civic and the Peugeot 307, which would u advice a low income, 1st timer to get.
those are my favourites
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jaz(m): 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
guys i need your help here. i changed a front tire recently and now once i hit 120km/h the car steering wheel starts to vibrate. could the tire be the cause ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by colossus2: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
jaz:
guys i need your help here. i changed a front tire recently and now once i hit 120km/h the car steering wheel starts to vibrate. could the tire be the cause ?
Go for wheel balancing.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ayostically:
lol, goes to say u are not "old sckool"

I was just thinking, frm experience, btwn the honda civic and the Peugeot 307, which would u advice a low income, 1st timer to get.
those are my favourites

Iv owned both brands, and as a first timer ild advice you stick with the civic.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by megamindmaster(m): 8:35am On Sep 03, 2015
@Oga GAZZUZZ. My dashboard has some issues. The speedometer failed, the tachometer is epileptic, works at times, my fuel gauge can be deceptive. Some times when I enter or go through a bump, some of them come back and fails after some time. What could be the cause of this, will I need a new one entirely? Or have them work on it? I really hardly believ these mechanics....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:40am On Sep 03, 2015
megamindmaster:
@Oga GAZZUZZ. My dashboard has some issues. The speedometer failed, the tachometer is epileptic, works at times, my fuel gauge can be deceptive. Some times when I enter or go through a bump, some of them come back and fails after some time. What could be the cause of this, will I need a new one entirely? Or have them work on it? I really hardly believ these mechanics....
name and model of car?
you have to provide enough info for Chief Gazzuzz to work on na.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by megamindmaster(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
kingreign:

name and model of car?
you have to provide enough info for Chief Gazzuzz to work on na.
Sorry, its a Peugeot 406 phase 1... Where Chief Gazzuzz dey?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2015
megamindmaster:

Sorry, its a Peugeot 406 phase 1... Where Chief Gazzuzz dey?

You might have a grounding problem, since it's a phase1 the vehicle is not equipped with a BSI check ground connections under the dash and harness connecting the instrument cluster.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by megamindmaster(m): 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You might have a grounding problem, since it's a phase1 the vehicle is not equipped with a BSI check ground connections under the dash and harness connecting the instrument cluster.
OK. That's a good lead. I will have someone check it here... Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jektony(m): 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
Oga GAZZUZZ, u jst Bone my Side.....wetin appen na?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
jektony:
Oga GAZZUZZ, u jst Bone my Side.....wetin appen na?

I'm sorry what was your query?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ayostically: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Iv owned both brands, and as a first timer ild advice you stick with the civic.

i appreciate
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jektony(m): 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Check the wheels for a leak, if none then it's going into the servo [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKiaCDvZN74uH0EUrrtU1eOuKadd4q_yM8Ua3oJKzZ-i2nUZFz[/img]

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2F_oF1FwnsYNZU52zTjmAn5tQZyu0X6LDr29Wpdbiu0U5ZjA[/img]

Hello GAZZUZZ, i am experiencing a similar probs. i get to top up my Brake Oil every 3days or more, my Mechanic gave me a crazy bill, pls help a bro, how will it cost me to fix dis....i use a 2001 Nissan Maxima
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
jektony:

Hello GAZZUZZ, i am experiencing a similar probs. i get to top up my Brake Oil every 3days or more, my Mechanic gave me a crazy bill, pls help a bro, how will it cost me to fix dis....i use a 2001 Nissan Maxima

Does it make a kpokom sound inside the brake system?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jektony(m): 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
kingreign:

Does it make a kpokom sound inside the brake system?

no it doesnt....buh each time i step on d brake, it maks a sound
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ba7man(m): 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
@Gazzuzz. Pls someone drove my 2007 Toyota Camry and ran over a speed bump while standing hard on the brakes. embarassed embarassed embarassed

I took over the wheels and there's suddenly an obvious knocking sound in the steering wheel when I turn left and right + the Maintainance required indicator on the dash is now on and the airbag light.

Will be paying you a visit soon.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2015
ba7man:
@Gazzuzz. Pls someone drove my 2007 Toyota Camry and ran over a speed bump while standing hard on the brakes. embarassed embarassed embarassed

I took over the wheels and there's suddenly an obvious knocking sound in the steering wheel when I turn left and right + the Maintainance required indicator on the dash is now on and the airbag light.

Grrrr gimme that person's head, I need to exercise the knocking skills I learnt while in primary and secondary schools on that person's head. angry

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ishilove: 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
ba7man:

Na ya village pipo grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Demrich(m): 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
Car headache ls killing...my 2001 Corolla is doing hard start...i have to press throttle for it to start and when idle it vibrates seriously..the engine goes off when i engage the gear. I added injector cleaner while travelling from lagos to ondo state yesterday and this only startted this morning even though 'check' light has been on for a while. Oga at the top...kindly advice since scan is not available besides i cant move the car out. Friends suggest plug bt dont incompetent mech tempering wt ma car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
Demrich:
Car headache ls killing...my 2001 Corolla is doing hard start...i have to press throttle for it to start and when idle it vibrates seriously..the engine goes off when i engage the gear. I added injector cleaner while travelling from lagos to ondo state yesterday and this only startted this morning even though 'check' light has been on for a while. Oga at the top...kindly advice since scan is not available besides i cant move the car out. Friends suggest plug bt dont incompetent mech tempering wt ma car.
CEL been on for a while and you didn't bother to scan, hope you know if you lose the engine or gear box of that car, its your fault?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
Ishilove:

Na ya village pipo grin grin

So you don de come here?? grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
Demrich:

Possible fuel pressure problem, or clogged injectors. But that's blind diagnosis, please try and have the vehicle scaned, I could be wrong

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.