Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,505 members, 7,836,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922342 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
jektony:

Hello GAZZUZZ, i am experiencing a similar probs. i get to top up my Brake Oil every 3days or more, my Mechanic gave me a crazy bill, pls help a bro, how will it cost me to fix dis....i use a 2001 Nissan Maxima

What makes the bill crazy? Pics of the bill or....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ishilove: 2:00am On Sep 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

So you don de come here?? grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Demrich(m): 2:53am On Sep 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Possible fuel pressure problem, or clogged injectors. But that's blind diagnosis, please try and have the vehicle scaned, I could be wrong
ok sir, thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Demrich(m): 2:59am On Sep 09, 2015
kingreign:

CEL been on for a while and you didn't bother to scan, hope you know if you lose the engine or gear box of that car, its your fault?
that s true, howeva, i just took ova from the owner on MONDAY and scan is nt available in ma village. Confused now!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:06am On Sep 09, 2015
Demrich:
that s true, howeva, i just took ova from the owner on MONDAY and scan is nt available in ma village. Confused now!

Ya village people don gbab you o!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by peterjero(m): 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Ya village people don gbab you o!
Oga please your attention is needed on this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/2583795/double-batteries#37830896
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by NoQualms1(f): 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
My Toyota Corolla 2004 model has been showing 'check engine' light for more than a week now and whenever the car has been parked for hours and I start it, it makes a shrill noise which is worse when AC is on. I scanned it and the result showed

1. SENSOR WIRE 1
2. SENSOR WIRE 2
3. CHECK ENGINE FAN BELT

Please, what could be the problem?

cc: GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
NoQualms1:
My Toyota Corolla 2004 model has been showing 'check engine' light for more than a week now and whenever the car has been parked for hours and I start it, it makes a shrill noise which is worse when AC is on. I scanned it and the result showed

1. SENSOR WIRE 1
2. SENSOR WIRE 2
3. CHECK ENGINE FAN BELT

Sensor wire1
Sensor wire2
Check engine fan belt

Your scanner must be a genius....
Junk that scanner or the person you met to scan the car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
NoQualms1:

1. SENSOR WIRE 1
2. SENSOR WIRE 2
3. CHECK ENGINE FAN BELT

Your scanner is making a kpom sound!!

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by depair: 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
oga gazzuzz pls help me clarify i was told tht T4 tranny fluid is for cars of year 2003 above. what is the implication of using it in camry year 2000. cos am confuse. check the dip stick i saw dextron 2 or 3. i need professional advice
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
depair:
oga gazzuzz pls help me clarify
i was told tht T4 tranny fluid is for cars of year 2003 above.
what is the implication of using it in camry year 2000.
cos am confuse.
check the dip stick i saw dextron 2 or 3.
i need professional advice

You can use it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by NoQualms1(f): 10:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
kingreign:

Sensor wire1
Sensor wire2
Check engine fan belt

Your scanner must be a genius....
Junk that scanner or the person you met to scan the car.

Lol, thanks.

GAZZUZZ:

Your scanner is making a kpom sound!!

OK o.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2015
good morning sir, i scanned my camry pencil and got the following;
TROUBLE CODE P0401
FUEL SYS STA B1=CLUSTERING H025
FUEL SYS STA B2= -
CALCULATED LOAD=63.92%
COLLANT TEMP=63C
S.T FUEL TRIM B1=3.89%
L.T FUEL TRIM B1= -0%
ENGINE SPEED=2001.75RPM
VEHICLE SPEED=35KM
INTAKE AIR TEMP= 50C
THE CAR ALSO HESITATE DURING ACCELERATION
CAN U PLS EXPLAIN THE MEANING ALL THESE. THANKS
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
Beautiful4u:
TROUBLE CODE P0401
FUEL SYS STA B2= -
CALCULATED LOAD=63.92%
COLLANT TEMP=63C
S.T FUEL TRIM B1=3.89%
L.T FUEL TRIM B1= -0%
ENGINE SPEED=2001.75RPM
VEHICLE SPEED=35KM
INTAKE AIR TEMP= 50C

Abeg, your scanner dey over complex... Na O2 and A/F sensor wahala.... Which kind motor be that?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by colossus2: 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
My oga kingreign stop this nau angry embarassed
Lwkm with your comments lately grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2015
Beautiful4u:
TROUBLE CODE P0401
FUEL SYS STA B2= -
CALCULATED LOAD=63.92%
COLLANT TEMP=63C
S.T FUEL TRIM B1=3.89%
L.T FUEL TRIM B1= -0%
ENGINE SPEED=2001.75RPM
VEHICLE SPEED=35KM
INTAKE AIR TEMP= 50C

TROUBLE CODE P0401

EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation. It is part of the vehicle emmissions system, and is used to reduce combustion temperature and pressure to control Oxides of Nitrogen. There are generally three parts to the EGR system: the EGR valve, an actuator solenoid, and a differential pressure sensor EGR (DPFE). These things work together to deliver the correct amount of recirculation based on engine temperature, load, etc. The P0401 code means that OBD detected an insufficient amount of EGR.

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0401
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_xNgKC7ioL94QG5y4oNnhxaxOwfEdrtQOIaceHQs10VEfM6c2[/img]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

TROUBLE CODE P0401

EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation. It is part of the vehicle emmissions system, and is used to reduce combustion temperature and pressure to control Oxides of Nitrogen. There are generally three parts to the EGR system: the EGR valve, an actuator solenoid, and a differential pressure sensor EGR (DPFE). These things work together to deliver the correct amount of recirculation based on engine temperature, load, etc. The P0401 code means that OBD detected an insufficient amount of EGR.

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0401
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_xNgKC7ioL94QG5y4oNnhxaxOwfEdrtQOIaceHQs10VEfM6c2[/img]
thank u sir for response, is that the reason the car hesitate during acceleration?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Demrich(m): 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
Demrich:
Car headache ls killing...my 2001 Corolla is doing hard start...i have to press throttle for it to start and when idle it vibrates seriously..the engine goes off when i engage the gear. I added injector cleaner while travelling from lagos to ondo state yesterday and this only startted this morning even though 'check' light has been on for a while. Oga at the top...kindly advice since scan is not available besides i cant move the car out. Friends suggest plug bt dont incompetent mech tempering wt ma car.
i eventually scanned this car with the following OBD CODES (ONE) PO-300: 301,302,303,304 -CYLINDER RANDOM/MULTIPLE MISFIRE, (TWO) P1300-IGNITER CIRCUIT, (THREE) P1349- VVI SYSTEM MALFUNCTION BANK1, (FOUR) P0115: ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE CIRCUIT. I changed the spark plugs as well as the fuel pump but the situation has only worsen. The engine is now doing hard starting and no slow running as it usually goes off in traffic. I have to throttle regularly to start and keep engine running. Pls ur advice is needed urgently oga mi...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
Demrich:
i eventually scanned this car with the following OBD CODES (ONE) PO-300: 301,302,303,304 -CYLINDER RANDOM/MULTIPLE MISFIRE, (TWO) P1300-IGNITER CIRCUIT, (THREE) P1349- VVI SYSTEM MALFUNCTION BANK1, (FOUR) P0115: ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE CIRCUIT. I changed the spark plugs as well as the fuel pump but the situation has only worsen. The engine is now doing hard starting and no slow running as it usually goes off in traffic. I have to throttle regularly to start and keep engine running. Pls ur advice is needed urgently oga mi...
Deal with the vvti issue, igniter circuit then CTS first. Then you can tackle any misfire.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Demrich(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
kingreign:

Deal with the vvti issue, igniter circuit then CTS first. Then you can tackle any misfire.
WISH I CAN TAKE THIS CAR BACK TO LAGOS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM...THESE MECH GUYS DONT SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND VVT SYSTEM RATHER THEY WANTED INCREASE THE THROTTLE,ABI NA REV...NEED COMPETENT TECHNICIAN OR HOW DO I EXPLAIN IT?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
Demrich:
WISH I CAN TAKE THIS CAR BACK TO LAGOS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM...THESE MECH GUYS DONT SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND VVT SYSTEM RATHER THEY WANTED INCREASE THE THROTTLE,ABI NA REV...NEED COMPETENT TECHNICIAN OR HOW DO I EXPLAIN IT?
Where you dey again?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Demrich(m): 8:44pm On Sep 13, 2015
kingreign:

Where you dey again?
car now @ Ore, Ondo State

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
Demrich:
car now @ Ore, Ondo State
Oh dear...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
Demrich:

P1300 is most critical, your car wont idle with this code which means Cylinder 1 coil is not working. That means only 3 cylinders are firing and 1 is not. You should be experiencing serious power loss.

P1300 Toyota - Igniter Circuit Malfunction No. 1

Repair Importance Level: 3/3
Repair Difficulty Level: 3/3

Possible causes
- Ignition Coil No. 1 harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Coil No. 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Ignition Coil No. 1
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p1300_toyota.html#ixzz3lejfpk63

If you have your personal scanner or you have access to one, this is the way to go.
-Swap the ignition coil pack for cylinder 1 to cylinder 2 and 2 to 1
-Clear the codes
-Run the engine
-If the problem still persist there should be a new code
-Scan
If it shows P1305 then the coil pack you moved from cylinder 1 to 2 is bad and needs replacement
If it still shows P1300 then the coil pack is good but there is an electrical issue with wire or connector of cylinder 1.

VVTi should not stop the car from idling so treat after you solve the P1300.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oseri(m): 7:20am On Sep 14, 2015
grin

adanny01:

P1300 is most critical, your car wont idle with this code which means Cylinder 1 coil is not working. That means only 3 cylinders are firing and 1 is not. You should be experiencing serious power loss.

Possible causes

If you have your personal scanner or you have access to one, this is the way to go.
-Clear the codes
-Run the engine
-Scan
If it shows P1305 then the coil pack you moved from cylinder 1 to 2 is bad and needs replacement
If it still shows P1300 then the coil pack is good but there is an electrical issue with wire or connector of cylinder 1.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2015
oseri:
grin

Is anything funny?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Demrich(m): 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
adanny01:

Possible causes

-Clear the codes
-Run the engine
-Scan

thanks bro...i think i have to visit a 'rewire' rather than a ' mechanic' cos car is rough idling, vibrating, going off on slow running and jerking on motion.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 9:45am On Sep 15, 2015
Demrich:
thanks bro...i think i have to visit a 'rewire' rather than a ' mechanic' cos car is rough idling, vibrating, going off on slow running and jerking on motion.

Its not a rewire's job.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by siralos135: 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hello.oga GAZZUZZ, Please What are a general maintenance tip you would suggest for a first time car user.what do I look out for before moving out every morning. Any specific tip for maintaining an opel vectra car

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Demrich(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
adanny01:

Its not a rewire's job.
pls educate me...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ngutor(m): 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
Abeg where person fit source OEM shock absorbers for Toyota Tundra 2001? I want
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
Demrich:
pls educate me...

The mechanic has to be sure its an electrical problem by eliminating all mechanical problems. Once he is sure its not mechanical then an electrician is invited. Testing the coil pack is easy with a swap to a functional cylinder.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.