Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (918817 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

₦450,000
Cheii Hyundai why, dats y I like Honda Civic precisely
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Fabbyking: 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
Conductor261:

Any Korean battery
will 75amp be okay
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ibbabah: 10:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Fabbyking:
will 75amp be okay

Please get the ideal amp for your car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 3:51am On Jun 23, 2020
Slickleo:

LOL, very cheap engine and gear box
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by megacontrol(m): 6:44am On Jun 23, 2020
Hello people,

I need help troubleshooting a possible electrical fault in a 2012 HONDA PILOT.

Vehicle suddenly starts to drain battery life rapidly.
Day 1:
- Vehicle worked perfectly okay the day before and was parked but failed to start in the morning.
- Got a battery (battery #2) to jump-start and drove for about 1hr to destination. I returned to the vehicle after about 3hrs and it failed to start.
- Got another battery (battery #3) to jump start, drove home and parked it till next day.

Day 2:
- Sent my battery (battery #1) for charging and hired a battery (battery #4) to use for the period. Installed rented battery, drove about 30mins to destination, turned off engine, returned to vehicle about 20mins later and it wouldn't start. ignition lights comes on but wouldn't start.
- Removed the rented battery and started the car with a borrowed battery (battery #5), disconnected the leads while engine running (to test alternator) and it didn't go off - Alternator okay?
- Put back the hired battery (#4) and drove the vehicle home, disconnected the leads and parked overnight.

Day 3:
- Put back the leads, battery terminal sparking indicating battery power, dashboard lights comes on but still wouldn't start.

I think i may have eliminated alternator and battery as the issue and may have other electrical problem.
Is this correct by the steps outlined above?
Is there other steps I could perform to ascertain the problem?

Any recommendation for someone to help with electrical fault diagnosis.

Vehicle is in Lekki-Ajah axis.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by makjo900: 11:04am On Jun 23, 2020
Hello

Please I need your help with my Acura TSX 2009

My cars shows these two errors

1. Check emission system
2. Check VSA system

How do I go about solving it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Eking: 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
House please how much is thermostat for corolla 2003. I want to replace the failed one. Mine said 82 degrees on it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Eking: 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
Eking:
House please how much is thermostat for corolla 2003. I want to replace the failed one. Mine said 82 degrees on it

@kingreign @gazzuzz .. Pls opinions needed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 10:10pm On Jun 24, 2020
Replaced already. Thanks
GAZZUZZ:

₦2,000-5000 depending on vehicle
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:31am On Jun 25, 2020
Eking:

@kingreign @gazzuzz .. Pls opinions needed

₦15,000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
Good day, could coolant/antifreeze be oily? Like it's slippery and won't wash off with water. It smokes when it touches the hot exhaust.

Same content is in overflow tank and same at the radiator drain plug. Color is brownish, for a car that supposed to be pink/red.

Car drives fine without any overheating.

kingreign gazzuzz Pls opinions needed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by replete(m): 12:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
How good is Valvoline engine lubricant especially the 0w20 or 5w20?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nonhuman(m): 1:31pm On Jun 25, 2020
My engine stalls at idle or low speed sometimes, and will start immediately I turn it back on without hesitation, what could be the culprit please any help 2008 Hyundai Tucson
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by taiocruise1991: 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2020
Slickleo:

Hi. Pls what's the manufacturer recommended Engine oil for Peugeot 406 with ew10 1.6-2.0L engine and transmission fluid for the same car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by taiocruise1991: 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

In basket mouths voice "2 things are involved" its either

Lubrication issues

Mechanical issues.

Lubrication issues: the absence of oil in the gear box or the wrong type of oil will cause stiff shifting, the recommended oil for peugeot 406 manual transmission is: 75W-80 (fully synthetic)that's what comes with your vehicle, but if you have ever topped with any oils outside this you will experience stiff shifting unlike what you are used to, the closest available match for gear oil in nigeria is total 85W-90 and 85W-140 if you want 75W-80 you might have to order for it.

Mechanical issues: clutch pressure plate and disk issues could also cause a stiff shift, check to see if the car enters reverse without any strange noises, and if there is no irregular vibration when taking off. Also press pedal fully to the floor before swiching gears.

Best of luck.
I find this article very much soothing, just the one I'm interested in, I've been reading all quotes since morning.....
I also hear strange noise whenever I put the gear stick on reverse, advise me on this sir GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2020
taiocruise1991:

I find this article very much soothing, just the one I'm interested in, I've been reading all quotes since morning.....
I also hear strange noise whenever I put the gear stick on reverse, advise me on this sir GAZZUZZ

Try this too: https://www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-cars-attitude/89#88417192
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by taiocruise1991: 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2020
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
frebor:

Good day, could coolant/antifreeze be oily? Like it's slippery and won't wash off with water. It smokes when it touches the hot exhaust.

Same content is in overflow tank and same at the radiator drain plug. Color is brownish, for a car that supposed to be pink/red.

Car drives fine without any overheating.

If you were to put coolant on your finger, you'll notice it has an oily feeling to it, but not like engine oil, more like soap and it rinses off easily, unlike engine oil.

When coolant turns brown from pink, it should be drained and refilled.

Same coolant that protects the cooling system , can become a catalyst for accelerated corrosion when overdue in a cooling system.

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dadah04(m): 4:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
Please house I need help with the price of 22 pin gearbox for 2012 Camry v4
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nameflow(m): 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

You bought a problem. No one in their right minds should buy a 2003-2007 accord V6.

You might be lucky to get off with an improperly connected counter shaft speed sensor harness.
@gazzuzz this comment has scared me. I am actually looking to get a Nigerian used Honda 07 ex-l v6, are you saying it's a terrible idea and advising the 4 plug instead.. Please kindly throw more light on this. I know you made the comment a while ago.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
Nameflow:
@gazzuzz this comment has scared me. I am actually looking to get a Nigerian used Honda 07 ex-l v6, are you saying it's a terrible idea and advising the 4 plug instead.. Please kindly throw more light on this. I know you made the comment a while ago.

Comment still stands. The V6 is terribly unreliable.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
dadah04:
Please house I need help with the price of 22 pin gearbox for 2012 Camry v4

₦200-250k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nameflow(m): 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Comment still stands. The V6 is terribly unreliable.
thank you. Dropping the idea. 2.4l it is then or Do you write off the Honda accord 07 completely?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
Nameflow:
thank you. Dropping the idea. 2.4l it is then or Do you write off the Honda accord 07 completely?

Not at all, I previously owned one. I even have one for sale.

Sold
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 8:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

If you were to put coolant on your finger, you'll notice it has an oily feeling to it, but not like engine oil, more like soap and it rinses off easily, unlike engine oil.

When coolant turns brown from pink, it should be drained and refilled.

Same coolant that protects the cooling system , can become a catalyst for accelerated corrosion when overdue in a cooling system.

Thanks, will do a flush and replace.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fatbims: 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
Check out this tokunbo Hyundai Sonata, very clean

https://www.nairaland.com/5952503/2008-hyundai-sonata-tokunbo-clean
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Not at all, I previously owned one. I even have one for sale.
Kool
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
dicksonadams:

Kool

Just sold today.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by glambo(m): 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

₦15,000

Did you just say N15,000 for thermostat.
Haha, fear God now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:24am On Jun 28, 2020
glambo:

Did you just say N15,000 for thermostat.
Haha, fear God now

Not every part should be bought USED

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Observer007(m): 5:09am On Jun 28, 2020
Hello GAZZUZZ,

Great work you're doing with this thread. I don't know if the specific issue with my Lexus ES 300 has already been addressed here but might take a while to run through the entire thread to find out. Therefore I decided to be as specific as possible.

The attached screenshot shows a scan result done last week on the ES 300 (newly purchased toks, 3 weeks old).

Car rides smoothly and everything okay except for the CHECK ENGINE (P0430 & P0441) which popped up for the first time immediately after I accelerated really hard two weeks ago on one occasion.

Mechanic says I'll need to change the entire catalyst of the car or build a new one cheaply at Ladipo, but I'm wary of trying to fix a problem that never existed in the first place or even creating new real problems for my car.

Finally, my car ignition delays (sometimes) when I try to start, regardless of how much driving I'd done previously or whether starting cold in the morning. Mechanic simply says to "prepare for a new battery," but this has been on for three weeks now and I feel that if it's a battery issue it shouldn't crank properly especially after being parked for a day or two.

Is there a connection between the error codes and this starting problem? I personally think the error codes might be a faulty or mis-connected sensor, or, in the case of the ignition, a failing ignition coil.

I'll appreciate your insights please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.