Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,927 members, 7,824,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (917818 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 1stNumeroUno: 11:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hello Gurus,

Help with a Corolla 2007 Bank type manual drive.

Barely 2 weeks ago I discovered the car did not starts for every evening warning as I've not been going out with it recently. An auto-electrician checked it and point out a burnt cable from the fuel line. He short circuit it with a relay and the car starts once since then.
But earlier this week I noticed that the rpm is quite sluggish when it's on gear 2, 3 & 4. It will just make a sudden jump to 4-5rpm and back to a little above 1rpm again.

What's the possible cause for this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by imosung(m): 12:21am On Jul 05, 2020
Hello All,

Thank you Mr Gaauzz for the time you take out to reply people's messages. I would want to ask what is the recommended gear oil for 2008 Toyota Sienna and is it advisabe to change the gear system from 13-pin to a 10-pin gear.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 4:19am On Jul 05, 2020
imosung:
Hello All,

Thank you Mr Gaauzz for the time you take out to reply people's messages. I would want to ask what is the recommended gear oil for 2008 Toyota Sienna and is it advisabe to change the gear system from 13-pin to a 10-pin gear.

Recommended gear oil is Toyota WS ATF, don't change from 13pin to 10pin, it would end in tears
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DelTel(m): 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

I have been called a lot of names (gassus, gayzuz gazz....) , but this was the worst

Never say Never or should we say More Yet To Come grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 1stNumeroUno: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hello House, please help with this.

1stNumeroUno:
Hello Gurus,

Help with a Corolla 2007 Bank type manual drive.

Barely 2 weeks ago I discovered the car did not starts for every evening warning as I've not been going out with it recently. An auto-electrician checked it and point out a burnt cable from the fuel line. He short circuit it with a relay and the car starts once since then.
But earlier this week I noticed that the rpm is quite sluggish when it's on gear 2, 3 & 4. It will just make a sudden jump to 4-5rpm and back to a little above 1rpm again.

What's the possible cause for this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ibbkiddsx: 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hello gurus

I want to change the engine oil of my Toyota 4runner 06.

Can I use 20W-50 instead of the 5W-30 recommend by Toyota
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mgdimagaladima(m): 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
bhennie:
Good day experts and gurus in the house, pls I need advice on where I can get properly trained as an automobile technician/mechanic. Top factors to consider, in order of importance are:
1) Quality of training, as my target is to become self-employed.
2) Cost-effectiveness.
3) Duration of training, since I'm kinda matured already.
Location preference is Port Harcourt, Lagos, Abuja, ilorin, Owerri, Warri, Awka. (though ultimately depends on available options).
Pls ur sincere advice/ideas will go a long way. This means a lot to me.
cc: thebigkendo, nurey, autoelectng, autologic, radautoworks, cardoctor, gazzuzz, ikenna

+234 807 682 3572 contact me
u can whatapp me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autologic: 8:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
bhennie:
Good day experts and gurus in the house, pls I need advice on where I can get properly trained as an automobile technician/mechanic. Top factors to consider, in order of importance are:
2) Cost-effectiveness.
Location preference is Port Harcourt, Lagos, Abuja, ilorin, Owerri, Warri, Awka. (though ultimately depends on available options).
cc: thebigkendo, nurey, autoelectng, autologic, radautoworks, cardoctor, gazzuzz, ikenna
We offer world-class intensive automobile training service right on the field , however it not automatic to get admitted , u need to possess the compulsory basic requirements to be considered
U can contact the number in my signature for more info
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MOTIONTECH(m): 11:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
bhennie:
2) Cost-effectiveness.
Autologic is the tech for you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 8:29am On Jul 06, 2020
Oga Gazzuzz, Goodmorning.
Plz advise on Toyota corolla 2001. How is the car maintenance. His d car rugged.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mh53(m): 8:35am On Jul 06, 2020
ibbkiddsx:
Hello gurus

I want to change the engine oil of my Toyota 4runner 06.

Can I use 20W-50 instead of the 5W-30 recommend by Toyota
Go and find the recommended 5w 30 oil. Don’t USE 20w 50 on that engine.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:37am On Jul 06, 2020
fizcoo20:
Oga Gazzuzz, Goodmorning.
Plz advise on Toyota corolla 2001. How is the car maintenance. His d car rugged.

Thanks in anticipation.

Very rugged vehicle, ensure you buy one that is not abused.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 9:32am On Jul 06, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Very rugged vehicle, ensure you buy one that is not abused.

Thanks oga Gazzuzz, I really appreciate.
Someone tell d car dey chop oil. True or false.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05am On Jul 06, 2020
fizcoo20:

Thanks oga Gazzuzz, I really appreciate.
Someone tell d car dey chop oil. True or false.

Yes very common, also most of them are really high mileage vehicles.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 11:24am On Jul 06, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Yes very common, also most of them are really high mileage vehicles.

Oga Gazzuzz, what's your advice now. Should I still go for it or ur suggestion. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
mh53:
Go and find the recommended 5w 30 oil. Don’t USE 20w 50 on that engine.
What if the previous owner used 20w50??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by heykims(m): 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
Pleases where can I get to buy antitheft steering wheel lock?
Thank you.
Location is Ibadan /Abeokuta
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mh53(m): 4:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
double3:

na gazzuzz go answer this one. This is beyond my paygrade.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2020
double3:

Just jejely continue using 20w50.
If you change to synthetic, it might cause some damage
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mightykay(m): 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2020
Pls expert in the house kindly help, my xttera 2000 doesn't engage reverse in the morning until I accelerate a bit before it engages, when the engine is cool the same thing happens, I ve changed the transmission fluid normal for awhile but return to not engaging again until I accelerate well, this started happening when i change brake lining at the rear tyres, kindly help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hejikeme: 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
Please I saw this oil advert on facebook, who has used it ? Is it recommended or shakomended.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tatax(m): 9:25am On Jul 08, 2020
Goodmorning all,

please I need help. My camry 04 is leaking oil and when the mechanic checked it, he said the oil seal between the gear and the engine is bad so he will replace it. The problem is that he said he will drop the engine before he fixes the oil seal but I'm scared dropping my engine. Is there another way it can be fixed or must my car go through that process to get it fixed.

The engine has never been tampered with so I'm so afraid to drop my engine... He was supposed to come carry the car since yesterday but I told him to hold on first because I'm still very scared to allow him drop the engine.

cc Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mh53(m): 9:35am On Jul 08, 2020
tatax:
Goodmorning all,

please I need help. My camry 04 is leaking oil and when the mechanic checked it, he said the oil seal between the gear and the engine is bad so he will replace it. The problem is that he said he will drop the engine before he fixes the oil seal but I'm scared dropping my engine. Is there another way it can be fixed or must my car go through that process to get it fixed.

The engine has never been tampered with so I'm so afraid to drop my engine... He was supposed to come carry the car since yesterday but I told him to hold on first because I'm still very scared to allow him drop the engine.

cc Gazzuzz
how significant is the oil leak?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tatax(m): 9:43am On Jul 08, 2020
mh53:
how significant is the oil leak?

Not so significant as it's just droplet on the floor but I have oil shortage every two weeks or so.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:16am On Jul 08, 2020
tatax:
Goodmorning all,

cc Gazzuzz
Since you're scared of your engine being dropped, continue driving it it progressively gets worse and probably loose all its oil contents then damage the engine. Then you can drop the engine and get another installed. smiley kiss

Too much sense wee nor kee me! cool
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:28am On Jul 08, 2020
tatax:
Goodmorning all,

cc Gazzuzz

The engine will be dropped. Ensure you use an original seal so you don't have to do it again for another 100,000 miles or more. Also ensure the mechanic knows what he is doing so you don't have to replace the transmission.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tatax(m): 10:34am On Jul 08, 2020
kingreign:

Since you're scared of your engine being dropped, continue driving it it progressively gets worse and probably loose all its oil contents then damage the engine. Then you can drop the engine and get another installed. smiley kiss

Too much sense wee nor kee me! cool

Thanks for your kind comment.. I appreciate
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tatax(m): 10:35am On Jul 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

The engine will be dropped. Ensure you use an original seal so you don't have to do it again for another 100,000 miles or more. Also ensure the mechanic knows what he is doing so you don't have to replace the transmission.

Thanks Gazzuzz.. I appreciate what you do in this forum. I will ensure to do as recommended. Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mh53(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2020
tatax:

Not so significant as it's just droplet on the floor but I have oil shortage every two weeks or so.
you will need to do a lil maths; do you use up to a litre to top up biweekly? Calculate the monthly oil top up cost x 12 months Versus the one time cost of changing that gasket with the associated labour cost/lubricant replacement cost. My car leaks oil too...a gasket seal cracked underneath when I parked the car for two
Months but it drops once every 5 days or so. It doesn’t make economic sense to drop the entire engine for me when I can easily top up once every two months. Weigh the pros and cons.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tatax(m): 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
mh53:
you will need to do a lil maths; do you use up to a litre to top up biweekly? Calculate the monthly oil top up cost x 12 months Versus the one time cost of changing that gasket with the associated labour cost/lubricant replacement cost. My car leaks oil too...a gasket seal cracked underneath when I parked the car for two
Months but it drops once every 5 days or so. It doesn’t make economic sense to drop the entire engine for me when I can easily top up once every two months. Weigh the pros and cons.

I finally called the mechanic today to come carry the car after Gazzuzz said dropping the engine is the only way. I have to stay positive the repair will go well. I also don't like the idea of topping oil consistently..

Thanks for your inputs too, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AshipaEk0: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
mh53:

as a long term strategy this isn't exactly smart. i don't know what economic sense you think you are applying here

Hope you realize that leak WILL get worse and it will just get worse suddenly, usually when the engine is running under load.

if your engine dumps oil whilst running you will buy a new engine.

I don't get the logic of being afraid to change a seal. It only shows you like extremely cheap, incompetent mechanics

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.