Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,848 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911891 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by megatran(m): 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
Good evening Gazzuzz, could you refer me to any body on naira land that sells benz C300 spare parts?

My car has front wheel leg shaking issues, oil in coolant and starter makes grinding sound when you try to start the car. A mechanic around checked it and gave me this list of items to be changed.
1. Stabilizer linkage
2. Ball joint
3. Front hub (2)
4. Tie-rod socket
5. Water pump
6. Black Gum
7. Engine oil
8. Oil filter
9. Kick starter
10. Gear box oil
11. Radiator
12. Radiator coolant

I intend to know if all these are necessary and the cost.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
megatran:
Good evening Gazzuzz, could you refer me to any body on naira land that sells benz C300 spare parts?

My car has front wheel leg shaking issues, oil in coolant and starter makes grinding sound when you try to start the car. A mechanic around checked it and gave me this list of items to be changed.
1. Stabilizer linkage
2. Ball joint
3. Front hub (2)
4. Tie-rod socket
5. Water pump
6. Black Gum
7. Engine oil
8. Oil filter
9. Kick starter
10. Gear box oil
11. Radiator
12. Radiator coolant

I intend to know if all these are necessary and the cost.

Where is the item for this issue?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by donuba61: 7:45am On Sep 28, 2020
Good day Gazzuzz and other car gurus. Please help, my Honda civic temperature reading goes above the half reading mark when I on ac, please what can I do to correct this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:13am On Sep 28, 2020
donuba61:
Good day Gazzuzz and other car gurus. Please help, my Honda civic temperature reading goes above the half reading mark when I on ac, please what can I do to correct this?

Check operation of the cooling fans, if ok, replace radiator with a brand new unit
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by megatran(m): 9:18am On Sep 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Where is the item for this issue?
The mechanic said the radiator could be the culprit of the oil in coolant since there is no sign of water in the engine oil dipstick. So he has to servic the radiator. I have had my car parked for about two weeks begging mechanic to fix it from home. He keeps posting me here and there. I am at uyo, akwa Ibom state.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Iceman296: 9:34am On Sep 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Check operation of the cooling fans, if ok, replace radiator with a brand new unit

Good Morning Gazzuzz and other gurus, my car's AC is leaking water inside the car especially in the passenger side. What could be the cause??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:43am On Sep 28, 2020
megatran:

The mechanic said the radiator could be the culprit of the oil in coolant since there is no sign of water in the engine oil dipstick. So he has to servic the radiator. I have had my car parked for about two weeks begging mechanic to fix it from home. He keeps posting me here and there. I am at uyo, akwa Ibom state.

Very bad diagnosis. I will suggest you do the following .

Take your vehicle to a proper workshop.

Take your vehicle to a proper workshop

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by donuba61: 11:14am On Sep 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Thank you Mr Gazzuzz. Please also my oil service indicator always appear after like every 1000km, should I ignore it or continue to change oil?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayogabriel(m): 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hi guys, is there a thread for hybrid car owners? someone should assist.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by megatran(m): 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Very bad diagnosis. I will suggest you do the following .

Take your vehicle to a proper workshop.

I can't drive the car.. The tires seem to make some grinding noise as if it's leaving position. So the major problem is to get the legs working fine. Then I can take it to a workshop. Can you tell me the cost via Whatsapp? The mechanic doesn't even know the cost.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quest118(m): 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
good evening Gazzuzz

My 2004 Honda accord EOD's radiotor cooling fans comes on IMMEDIATELY I start the ignition, and stays permanently ON while I drive the car. the thermostat is obviously removed. this setup doesn't allow my engine to attain optimum operating temperature when I start the car.

please is it advisable to connect a thermostat and rewire the cooling fans?

where in Abuja can I get a competent hand to do this job? I would appreciate a good referral. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 12:09am On Sep 29, 2020
What's the best engine oil to use for Honda Pilot 2003? Sirs
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:16am On Sep 29, 2020
quest118:
good evening Gazzuzz

My 2004 Honda accord EOD's radiotor cooling fans comes on IMMEDIATELY I start the ignition, and stays permanently ON while I drive the car. the thermostat is obviously removed. this setup doesn't allow my engine to attain optimum operating temperature when I start the car.

where in Abuja can I get a competent hand to do this job? I would appreciate a good referral. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quest118(m): 9:59am On Sep 29, 2020
kingreign:

thank you.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quest118(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2020
dkronik:

My 03 corolla fan starts immediately i turn on the ignition even without AC. What should i do about this please?

this is exactly what I'm experiencing with my 04 Honda accord (EOD). have you rewired the fans to factory settings? if yes, what's your experience so far?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quest118(m): 11:46am On Sep 29, 2020
theoilguy:
USA Castrol extended performance Motor Oils 5w20 and 5w30 still in stock.

how much is 5 litre of each?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by theoilguy: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
quest118:

how much is 5 litre of each?

19,000 naira sir.. contact on signature.. more than 2 attracts a special discount�
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kaybaba5(m): 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
I need mechanic that can convert my car settings to factory setin and to connect back the thermostat camry 2001
Asaba or ughelli

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
noted
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Baba40(f): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
quest118:
good evening Gazzuzz

Having read the importance on this platform... I did mine recently. Thermostat is between N1k-2k and the workmanship is N2k. With less than 5k you should be ok

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Baba40(f): 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kaybaba5:
I need mechanic that can convert my car settings to factory setin and to connect back the thermostat camry 2001
Asaba or ughelli

Thanks
A rewire would do it perfectly... It seems not to be a big deal
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quest118(m): 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
Baba40:

Having read the importance on this platform... I did mine recently. Thermostat is between N1k-2k and the workmanship is N2k. With less than 5k you should be ok

thanks for this feedback. I'll give it a shot. just need a good auto electrician in Abuja to do the job with proper tools.

so far hows your engine temperature performance? any overheating since then?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BamBamK: 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
contain kingreign

megatran:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kaybaba5(m): 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
Baba40:

A rewire would do it perfectly... It seems not to be a big deal

Kk
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Baba40(f): 11:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
quest118:

thanks for this feedback. I'll give it a shot. just need a good auto electrician in Abuja to do the job with proper tools.

so far hows your engine temperature performance? any overheating since then?

My engine never do overheating
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hillso7(m): 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2020
Good afternoon GAZZUZZ,

My car's (Camry 05) steering vibrate when I brake at 100km and above. Kindly assist on what could be the cause.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
hillso7:
Good afternoon GAZZUZZ,

My car's (Camry 05) steering vibrate when I brake at 100km and above. Kindly assist on what could be the cause.

wheel balancing
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hillso7(m): 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

wheel balancing
Thanks, God bless your good works
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Miyo190: 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hello Guazz,
I scanned my corolla today and got these codes, kindly assist interpret with possible fixes to be done.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by megatran(m): 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
kingreign:

hello king reign, it's being a while.. Do you mind sending me a message on Whatsapp, wanna ask something.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
megatran:
hello king reign, it's being a while.. Do you mind sending me a message on Whatsapp, wanna ask something.

You got a notification on your whatsapp
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quest118(m): 5:34am On Oct 01, 2020
Baba40:

My engine never do overheating

I have reconnected my fans to factory settings. I was lucky the thermostat was in and still working perfectly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Burchester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.