Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (918605 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by damyde(m): 8:06am On Oct 02, 2020
Good morning Gazzuzz,
I have the CEL and VSC off lights on in a 2008 toyota highlander, I scanned it and got a P0051 [Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Heater Control Circuit low ( Bank 2 Sensor 1)] and P0793 Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor 'A' Circuit No Signal.
The VSC off comes with the P0051 but when I read the sensor in question for continuity on the black cables there was continuity (which online information says indicates the sensor is okay), when I check the source for supply, power is supplied to the sensor. That is confusing for me, I will appreciate your inputs on this. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07am On Oct 02, 2020
damyde:
Good morning Gazzuzz,
I have the CEL and VSC off lights on in a 2008 toyota highlander, I scanned it and got a P0051 [Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Heater Control Circuit low ( Bank 2 Sensor 1)] and P0793 Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor 'A' Circuit No Signal.
The VSC off comes with the P0051 but when I read the sensor in question for continuity on the black cables there was continuity (which online information says indicates the sensor is okay), when I check the source for supply, power is supplied to the sensor. That is confusing for me, I will appreciate your inputs on this. Thanks.

P0051. If you are sure the sensor is fine, replace the engine ECU.

What did you do about this code? P0793

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by damyde(m): 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

P0051. If you are sure the sensor is fine, replace the engine ECU.

What did you do about this code? P0793

I plan to replace the speed sensor but I wanted to sort out the P0051 and VSC off first as I felt it's more critical (I might be wrong).

Thanks for your input
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
damyde:

I plan to replace the speed sensor but I wanted to sort out the P0051 and VSC off first as I felt it's more critical (I might be wrong).

Thanks for your input

Seldom/never gets bad. Repeat diagnosis (not scan)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kaybaba5(m): 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2020
Baba40:

Having read the importance on this platform... I did mine recently. Thermostat is between N1k-2k and the workmanship is N2k. With less than 5k you should be ok

Thermostat is it same for all vehicle?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lovinghauwa: 10:35pm On Oct 02, 2020
Good evening all.
Please help with possible solution.
My 07 corolla shuts down ignition while in motion. Especially when the AC is on use. What can be the possible cause and solution?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Experience4u(m): 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2020
Oga Gazzuz, Rav4 2004 threw up code P0102, P300 to P304.
MAF and injector cleaned with Cab cleaner yet car can't fire normally. Finds it difficult to accelerate and picks fire randomly.

Spark plug changed and Ignition coil changed for all plugs yet no remedy.
If fuel is fed directly it fires normally but can't take up adequate fuel from the injector lines.
What do you think should be done, Sir?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ugoosamm(m): 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2020
I do genuine TURKEY Non Appearance VISA that comes out after 5 days. Please contact this number for details. Call or text please
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:12am On Oct 03, 2020
ugoosamm:
I do genuine TURKEY Non Appearance VISA that comes out after 5 days. Please contact this number for details. Call or text please

Kindly disregard

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:15am On Oct 03, 2020
Experience4u:
Oga Gazzuz, Rav4 2004 threw up code P0102, P300 to P304.
MAF and injector cleaned with Cab cleaner yet car can't fire normally. Finds it difficult to accelerate and picks fire randomly.

Spark plug changed and Ignition coil changed for all plugs yet no remedy.
If fuel is fed directly it fires normally but can't take up adequate fuel from the injector lines.
What do you think should be done, Sir?

Look for a large air leak between throttle body to airflow meter.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Experience4u(m): 8:18am On Oct 03, 2020
Thank you
Will check for this and revert back.
Thanks
GAZZUZZ:

Look for a large air leak between throttle body to airflow meter.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by proclinician: 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

First driving really fast should not cause the codes that popped..

Interestingly you have a catalyst converter code affecting only one bank (bank 2 front of the engine) in a V6 engine. Catalytic converter codes are very common in older cars and cars imported into Nigeria as they get stolen all the time before or after shipping by port rats. In your case it might have aged and burnt out.

You have 3 options, replace catalytic converter with a used one , replace with a refurbished one or install an oxygen sensor spacer. Either option will work if done well. Also you should inspect the bank1 .

The incorrect purge flow from evaporative emission system might be a leak on the engine side. This could cause startup issues especially if the purge valve is stuck open.

Pls is this a leak of fuel, engine oil or anointing oyel? Kindly specify.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
proclinician:

Pls is this a leak of fuel, engine oil or anointing oyel? Kindly specify.
grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ekakamba: 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
Please what's the meaning & remedy to P2184, P0498 & P0705 codes, Honda Civic 2008. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
In 5w20 and 5w30 which is best to use for Honda pilot 2003 in Nigeria ? V6 Engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:
In 5w20 and 5w30 which is best to use for Honda pilot 2003 in Nigeria ? V6 Engine

Depends on a lot of factors, mainly what type of engine oil/oil grade had been previously used on the engine and for how long , and the oil drain interval
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by madgoat(m): 8:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Depends on a lot of factors, mainly what type of engine oil/oil grade had been previously used on the engine and for how long , and the oil drain interval

I thought u always recommend 5W30 or has something changed again?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
madgoat:

I thought u always recommend 5W30 or has something changed again?

As it is he has options based on the answers to the questions I raised
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vkyburnz: 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
My Toyota Corolla 1.8GL 2006 model thirst/guzzles fuel like a power hungry lad (in the region of 18litres/40km). What could be the cause of this? I'm really concerned. Any info to help fix this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ksmart027(m): 7:23am On Oct 04, 2020
vkyburnz:
My Toyota Corolla 1.8GL 2006 model thirst/guzzles fuel like a power hungry lad (in the region of 18litres/40km). What could be the cause of this? I'm really concerned. Any info to help fix this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Your car na fuel guzzler oo, is your thermostat still in place? There are many factors that can cause high fuel consumption. My advice scan your car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 8:39am On Oct 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

As it is he has options based on the answers to the questions I raised

The current oil I'm using in it is total quartz 5000 and I think that's wrong coz I do use 5w20 on my former Honda Accord 2006 i4 before I switched to pilot coz of Bad roads that made me need Heights

So I want to know which is better to switch to 5w20 or 5w30? FOR MY HONDA PILOT 03 ...In this scenario and maybe what to expect from whichever I choose
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58am On Oct 04, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:

The current oil I'm using in it is total quartz 5000 and I think that's wrong coz I do use 5w20 on my former Honda Accord 2006 i4 before I switched to pilot coz of Bad roads that made me need Heights

So I want to know which is better to switch to 5w20 or 5w30? FOR MY HONDA PILOT 03 ...In this scenario and maybe what to expect from whichever I choose
GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 10:05am On Oct 04, 2020
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=94589647][/quote]

I might have to ask the mechanic servicing it for the former owner but he told me To buy Total Quartz 5000 when I wanted to do the first service in July ...so I guess that's what he's been using on the vehicle for the former owner

Cc Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vkyburnz: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
Not sure but will have to ask the mechanic to check. But no overheating probs from my experience. But I was asked to check for "indomie..."

Will have to run a check just to be sure though. Any idea of how much it cost to scan cars? Hope it doesn't plunge a hole in one's pocket tho grin

ksmart027:

Your car na fuel guzzler oo, is your thermostat still in place? There are many factors that can cause high fuel consumption. My advice scan your car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tobintin(m): 8:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hallos Gazzuzz,

Plead help me o!
I bought a toks Camry 09 Sep-19... good car and drives great. Doing the servicing about 2 weeks later then, my Kazeem observed the oil is quite watery (now, I think the US owner uses 0W20/5W20 as recommended on the car) and advised I use Mobil XHP which had been in use till now.

1. Can I revert to the recommended oil?
2. What are various implications of Mobil XHP continuity?
3. 0W20/5W20 which one? Brand? and cost
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
tobintin:
Hallos Gazzuzz,

Plead help me o!
I bought a toks Camry 09 Sep-19... good car and drives great. Doing the servicing about 2 weeks later then, my Kazeem observed the oil is quite watery (now, I think the US owner uses 0W20/5W20 as recommended on the car) and advised I use Mobil XHP which had been in use till now.

Why will you use an oil outside manufacturer's recommendation? Abi u wan buy job for yourself?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:48am On Oct 05, 2020
tobintin:
Hallos Gazzuzz,

Plead help me o!

Switch to 5w30 as soon as possible
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lush100(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2020
What he meant is that you should stop using the mobil xhp and go back to recommended 5w30 since.u have just started using the mobil xhp , but should u use continue using the xhp then stick to it till you finally use the car and maybe buy another.(as chopping and changing will not be good).

The earlier u go back now to the recommended the better or just be using the xhp and know u can't switch back to 5w30 if u fail to switch to it early.

GAZZUZZ:

Switch to 5w30 as soon as possible
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tobintin(m): 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2020
[quote author=Lush100 post=94619489]What he meant is that you should stop using the mobil xhp and go back to recommended 5w30 since.u have just started using the mobil xhp , but should u use continue using the xhp then stick to it till you finally use the car and maybe buy another.(as chopping and changing will not be good).

The earlier u go back now to the recommended the better or just be using the xhp and know u can't switch back to 5w30 if u fail to switch to it early.

[/ Thank you all ask for the assistance. I'll switch asap. Please what's the price if the Mobil full synthetic 5W30]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phobos19: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good evening GAZZUZZ,
Please, which engine oil weight is best suited for a foreign used Toyota Camry 2007 (4 cylinder) with a mileage of 209k miles?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Miyachi: 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
How possible is it to get replacement parts for the Opel Frontera (3.2 V6). I read that the cars where produce by Isuzu and badged by Honda (Passport) and Vauxhall (Frontera) for their various markets. I plan on replacing a radiator and some other parts, please any suggestions as to alternative vehicles I can source parts from. It seems the Frontera doesn't share it's anatomy with other Opel models.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by realphatphem: 9:32am On Oct 06, 2020
Good morning guys, For few days now, I noticed my Camry fails to start once in the morning unlike before. It now starts on switching key for second attempt. Jerks often on pressing gas pedal causing misfiring. I've changed fuel filter, spark plugs and ignition test works fine. The problem still persist. This resulted into bad fuel economy. Mechanic suggests I bring it back for injector cleaning and fuel pump replacement today. Kindly advice on possible cause and remedy pls. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.