Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (918591 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 11:06am On Oct 06, 2020
realphatphem:

Good morning guys, For few days now, I noticed my Camry fails to start once in the morning unlike before. It now starts on switching key for second attempt. Jerks often on pressing gas pedal causing misfiring. I've changed fuel filter, spark plugs and ignition test works fine. The problem still persist. This resulted into bad fuel economy. Mechanic suggests I bring it back for injector cleaning and fuel pump replacement today. Kindly advice on possible cause and remedy pls. Thanks.
Scan
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Baba40(f): 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Pls house,
How much is complete rear brake kit for Corolla 04?
And the possible cost of service?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 6:17am On Oct 07, 2020
Greetings all, I drive a 2009 Honda Civic r18 8th gen I notice all my engine oil changes with filter dat d 4 ltrs don't gauge up to full on dipstick jst slight above middle.
PL is it normal as service manual calls for 4ltrs

@ Gazzuzz, radautoworks, blackbishop, nurey and other gurus
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 7:49am On Oct 07, 2020
Slickleo:
Greetings all, I drive a 2009 Honda Civic r18 8th gen I notice all my engine oil changes with filter dat d 4 ltrs don't gauge up to full on dipstick jst slight above middle.
PL is it normal as service manual calls for 4ltrs

@ Gazzuzz, radautoworks, blackbishop, nurey and other gurus

your oil guage should be between the lower and upper mark, but closer to the upper mark than the lower mark. The right reading can only be gotten when engine is cold
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
nurey:

your oil guage should be between the lower and upper mark, but closer to the upper mark than the lower mark. The right reading can only be gotten when engine is cold
Exactly engr 10x
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kayharry(m): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2020
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Joe4lv(m): 5:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kaybaba5:
I need mechanic that can convert my car settings to factory setin and to connect back the thermostat camry 2001
Asaba or ughelli

Thanks

Have you gotten someone? If not, I will recommend you contact +2348037559460 Victor. He is in Asaba
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jpeter1990: 10:48pm On Oct 07, 2020
pls how much can I get this side fender for my matrix. any seller in Abuja.

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2020
Is there anyone familiar with prices of Number Protector guard for suv around here ? That can help with prices and locations to get
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tobintin(m): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2020
Greetings,

I just scanned my Camry 09 and it came up with P0606 and P0138 DTCs. Can the P0138 sensor issue make MIL come on and off intermittently? Or could go of good about 4 days, stay on for 2 weeks.

Also, how do I resolve the P0606 without changing the brain box?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00am On Oct 08, 2020
tobintin:
Greetings,

I just scanned my Camry 09 and it came up with P0606 and P0138 DTCs. Can the P0138 sensor issue make MIL come on and off intermittently? Or could go of good about 4 days, stay on for 2 weeks.

Also, how do I resolve the P0606 without changing the brain box?

Go under the vehicle , the O2 sensor wire harness is frayed and currently causing an intermittent closed circuit. Tape it up and both problems will go away.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jpeter1990: 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Go under the vehicle , the O2 sensor wire harness is frayed and currently causing an intermittent closed circuit. Tape it up and both problems will go away.

Greetings Boss. pls help me I scanned my Car (Matrix) today and got this error code P1780 and a pending code P0440 with a check engine light.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kaybaba5(m): 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
Joe4lv:

Have you gotten someone? If not, I will recommend you contact +2348037559460 Victor. He is in Asaba

I will call him thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phobos19: 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
Good evening all,
Please, which engine oil weight is best suited for a foreign used Toyota Camry 2007 (4 cylinder) with a mileage of 209k miles?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by proclinician: 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2020
Today, i opened my hood to check my fluid levels as I'll be traveling tomorrow. Suddenly the coolant is gone, nothing in the reservoir. I opened radiator cap, nothing. Car hasn't been driven since Monday and before now I always have coolant level at max in the plastic reservoir. Car has no history of overheating, the temp gauge has never gone up past the middle. The fan settings or cooling system is factory setting. What could be the culprit pls? Since the time I saw it at max to now that it's zero, the car has never been in motion for more than 20 mins. K don't drive the car extensively
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2020
proclinician:
Today, i opened my hood to check my fluid levels as I'll be traveling tomorrow. Suddenly the coolant is gone, nothing in the reservoir. I opened radiator cap, nothing. Car hasn't been driven since Monday and before now I always have coolant level at max in the plastic reservoir. Car has no history of overheating, the temp gauge has never gone up past the middle. The fan settings or cooling system is factory setting. What could be the culprit pls? Since the time I saw it at max to now that it's zero, the car has never been in motion for more than 20 mins. K don't drive the car extensively

You have a leak . Find it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2020
Phobos19:
Good evening all,
Please, which engine oil weight is best suited for a foreign used Toyota Camry 2007 (4 cylinder) with a mileage of 209k miles?

Check the vehicle records for what was used last
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
Phobos19:
Good evening all,

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seunoj: 11:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hello Gmech and other guru
What is your advice on Honda accord couple v6
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seglad2(m): 11:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
My radiator fan do stop work, so I bought tokumbo fan. This speed is too much is it makes too much noise. That speed noise. How can I reduce this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 12:27am On Oct 09, 2020
seglad2:
My radiator fan do stop work, so I bought tokumbo fan. This speed is too much is it makes too much noise. That speed noise. How can I reduce this?
What do you mean by the bolded?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seunoj: 7:09am On Oct 09, 2020
seunoj:
Hello Gmech and other guru
What is your advice on Honda accord couple v6
Hello boss,
What's ur opinion on Honda accord 2008 couple v6
GAZZUZZ, nurey, kingreign, radauto other car guru
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:20am On Oct 09, 2020
seunoj:

Hello boss,
What's ur opinion on Honda accord 2008 couple v6
GAZZUZZ, nurey, kingreign, radauto other car guru

Coupe V6 is not bad, but I don't like coupes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Baba40(f): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2020
Jpeter1990:
pls how much can I get this side fender for my matrix. any seller in Abuja.

Go to a panel beater to help you mould it and you paint it after. Same way I did mine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Experience4u(m): 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2020
Like I promised to revert back, the issue was from a bad MAF. It was changed and the car is back to shape. Thanks for your advice sir
GAZZUZZ:

Look for a large air leak between throttle body to airflow meter.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lathrowinger: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
I get 500k, which car I fit buy and use for bolt... Or make I hustle more?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emmyN(m): 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
lathrowinger:
I get 500k, which car I fit buy and use for bolt... Or make I hustle more?

smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jpeter1990: 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
Baba40:

Go to a panel beater to help you mould it and you paint it after. Same way I did mine
pls how much did you pay for urs.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
Baba40:

By molding do you mean to fabricate it from scratch or buy and install
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kayharry(m): 10:57pm On Oct 09, 2020
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lush100(m): 4:00am On Oct 10, 2020
The Toyota Corolla sport front fender pads are off.
I want to get another.
How can this be done?

Baba40:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chidekings(m): 5:40am On Oct 10, 2020
hello my car drives fine,i open the bonnet yesterday to make sure all is fine and i found this cut wire,please whats the work of it and can any electrician fixed it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.