Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (918682 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Pweezy(m): 8:24am On Sep 25, 2020
Good day Gazzuzz and other Gurus in the house,

please is it possible to change the interior fittings of my Toyota Camry 2008 to formica? also what is the cost of the change.

thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2020
Pweezy:
Good day Gazzuzz and other Gurus in the house,

please is it possible to change the interior fittings of my Toyota Camry 2008 to formica? also what is the cost of the change.

thank you

Call this guy . 08022339595 Samuel
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Pweezy(m): 9:36am On Sep 25, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Call this guy . 08022339595 Samuel

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by murphyonline(m): 11:18am On Sep 25, 2020
To the guru in the house, pls I have 2007 acura mdx and I wish to change the navigation update toNigeria because it keep showing US details. Can I get a Nigeria navigation system map update for my acura mdx 2007. I will be glad if someone can help me with dt as I don't mind coming down.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2020
murphyonline:
To the guru in the house, pls I have 2007 acura mdx and I wish to change the navigation update toNigeria because it keep showing US details. Can I get a Nigeria navigation system map update for my acura mdx 2007. I will be glad if someone can help me with dt as I don't mind coming down.

It Was never produced.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tslim411: 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sir Gazzuzz,,, My car always have code 0057&0037,but after warm up and drive like 3km I do clear code,then result will be no code,but anytime I park for long hour the code will appear again and I will clear after warm up and continue drive Plz Sir what’s the implication and solution ? This have been happening for long.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2020
Tslim411:
Sir Gazzuzz,,, My car always have code 0057&0037,but after warm up and drive like 3km I do clear code,then result will be no code,but anytime I park for long hour the code will appear again and I will clear after warm up and continue drive Plz Sir what’s the implication and solution ? This have been happening for long.

Check fuse called AF sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tslim411: 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Check fuse called AF sensor

Thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Baba40(f): 2:50am On Sep 26, 2020
Very educative thread...
How much will it cost me to return my car to factory setting? My thermostat is present but it was disconnected when my previous engine was having overheating problem
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kassiny(m): 8:27am On Sep 26, 2020
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kassiny(m): 8:32am On Sep 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Clear all codes, drive 20miles and rescan

Dear Gazzuzz,
After a rescan the following codes surfaced

P0430
Generic Current Catalyst system efficency below threshold Bank 2

P0430
Generic Pending catalyst system efficency below threshold Bank 2

Pls what is the way forward? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2020
Kassiny:

Dear Gazzuzz,
After a rescan the following codes surfaced

P0430
Generic Current Catalyst system efficency below threshold Bank 2

P0430
Generic Pending catalyst system efficency below threshold Bank 2

Pls what is the way forward? Thanks

Replace manifold catalytic converters
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:16am On Sep 26, 2020
Good day house please does a bad silencer reduce the power of an engine like not making the vehicle to move well
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Good day house please does a bad silencer reduce the power of an engine like not making the vehicle to make well

When leaking , no. When blocked yes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Good day house please does a bad silencer reduce the power of an engine like not making the vehicle to make well
What do you mean by "to make well"?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
Make love? Or make move
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
dicksonadams:
Make love?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Pervert says sex, gentle men says make love grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kassiny(m): 3:11pm On Sep 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Replace manifold catalytic converters

I appreciate. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
dicksonadams:

Pervert says sex, gentle men says make love grin

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by julieme: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2020
@ Gazzuzz, radautoworks, and other gurus here pls I need ur inputs. I rescanned by car today and the codes are below. In addition, the mechanic said the car overheats and the fans weren't blowing even when the AC was on. Car is Honda crv 07.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2020
julieme:
@ Gazzuzz, radautoworks, and other gurus here pls I need ur inputs. I rescanned by car today and the codes are below. In addition, the mechanic said the car overheats and the fans weren't blowing even when the AC was on. Car is Honda crv 07.

Your CRV has MAP and MAF at same time?

Kindly snap the engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by julieme: 8:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Your CRV has MAP and MAF at same time?

Kindly snap the engine

Yes, It has both. It's late now, but that's what it looks like. Pls what can b done to remedy d car?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2020
julieme:
Good afternoon, pls how much is MAP sensor for CRV? My car rpm was fluctuating at idle and my mechanic scanned and told me MAP sensor needs replacement

julieme:
Good afternoon, pls how much is MAP sensor for CRV? My car rpm was fluctuating and misfiring at idle

julieme:

MAP was replaced and the car is running fine now

GAZZUZZ:

Should be the other way round. Are you sure of your diagnosis? In over 10years I have only replaces a faulty MAP once on a Toyota carinaII. Those parts seldom fail.

julieme:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12409241_img20200926192815_jpeg751cc1ae88af2e8847c155ca74fc028e

Had to go back a bit to understand where you were coming from.

Your problem can not be solved remotely.

Your devices MAP MAF and vtc actuator share common voltages Ground and +5v +12v seems you have a loss or drop in those values which is triggering codes making your technician replace parts that are not bad.

Change technician to Somone who can use a digital multimeter and a scan tool at the same time and possibly an oscilloscope .

Good luck
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by julieme: 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2020
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=94344475]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12409241_img20200926192815_jpeg751cc1ae88af2e8847c155ca74fc028e
[/quote
OK what's next gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
I have modified and responded
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by julieme: 9:24pm On Sep 26, 2020
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=94344759]I have modified and responded [/quot

OK thanks, will try another person.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by yommyking65: 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
which gear oil can i use for my nissan altima
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Fabbyboy: 8:32am On Sep 27, 2020
Please help!!! My 2012 corolla came with Cold air intake. This was as a result of modification done to the car by the first user in US. This was actually done to replace the regular air filter in corolla, Therefore producing a very deep vibrating sound when i step on the throttle just like powerbike. My question is would this have much effect on my MPG.. i mean would it be consuming more fuel.. ?? If yes, what do you suggest i do?? Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:30am On Sep 27, 2020
Fabbyboy:
Please help!!! My 2012 corolla came with Cold air intake. This was as a result of modification done to the car by the first user in US. This was actually done to replace the regular air filter in corolla, Therefore producing a very deep vibrating sound when i step on the throttle just like powerbike. My question is would this have much effect on my MPG.. i mean would it be consuming more fuel.. ?? If yes, what do you suggest i do?? Thanks

The air filter is looking really dirty. In most cases it is a washable (soap water and dry) try cleaning it. Your fuel consumption remains the same.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by timenamoney: 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
There's a trick I learnt a long time ago when my cooling fans failed as I was travelling, I just turned on my cars heater put it on full blast brought down the windows and faced the vents out the window, the trip was uncomfortable but temp stayed withing drivable limits. I also had to drop speed to 80km/hr
can this trick be used when a car is over heating when themostat is bad and stuck close an in an emergency in the middle of nowhere
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
timenamoney:
can this trick be used when a car is over heating when themostat is bad and stuck close an in an emergency in the middle of nowhere

No

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.