Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919668 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Engine misfire. Where are you

Ebonyi state.

More info or just to buttress what I have said.

This happens after the car has sat for a while. The car will start well, drive well. Then after 3 or 4 minutes, the engine starts jerking.

It will return to normal after a minute. Then this won't happen again.

When I leave work in the afternoon or evening, it will repeat again after I have driven for 3 or 4 minutes and stop after a minute. Won't happen again and car will drive well afterwards.

Mechs here are very confused and I have rightly not allowed them tamper with anything.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2021
[quote author=DdenslordD post=99381026][/quote]

2AZ is known for high oil burn or consumption

It'll be absurd to use that costly oil on the engine not only blc of the weight but how will you be topping coslty oil every week ,you go spend tire na..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DdenslordD: 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
Zane2point4:

It'll be absurd to use that costly oil on the engine not only blc of the weight but how will you be topping coslty oil every week ,you go spend tire na..

Engine known for high burn out should advisably be scraped. There was a service bulletin by toyota to recall the old 2AZengines that consumed fuel if your camry was already shipped out of the US at that time then you suffer the oil burn but i see ur concern.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
Grupo:

Ebonyi state.

This happens after the car has sat for a while. The car will start well, drive well. Then after 3 or 4 minutes, the engine starts jerking.

When I leave work in the afternoon or evening, it will repeat again after I have driven for 3 or 4 minutes and stop after a minute. Won't happen again and car will drive well afterwards.

Mechs here are very confused and I have rightly not allowed them tamper with anything.

sadly cases like this turn out to be very easy. Let's wait for your scan tool.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 8:01pm On Feb 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

sadly cases like this turn out to be very easy. Let's wait for your scan tool.

Thanks though.

According to Jumia, my scanner will arrive between 5th and 9th of March. That's still far.

Is there anything you may suggest I do before then?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thonyman: 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
I guess you are not in Abakaliki town, as I once diagnosed F250 with a kazeem that has scanner in the Abakaliki mechanic site situated before the Rice market, and was able to fix the Ford using YouTube videos to guide the Kazeem that handled it there.
Since you have ordered for a scanner, it worth to wait.
Grupo:

Ebonyi state.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 8:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
thonyman:
I guess you are not in Abakaliki town, as I once diagnosed F250 with a kazeem that has scanner in the Abakaliki mechanic site situated before the Rice market, and was able to fix the Ford using YouTube videos to guide the Kazeem that handled it there.
Since you have ordered for a scanner, it worth to wait.

I'm in Abakaliki town.

This may sound incredible, most of the kazeem (in that same mechanic site you described) I asked didn't know what a scanner was.

Please, are you still in the town or do you have the number of the kazeem that has the scanner? Or how can you direct me to him?

The scanner I ordered will arrive between 5th and 9th of next month according to Jumia. That's a long waiting time.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
Grupo:

Thanks though.

According to Jumia, my scanner will arrive between 5th and 9th of March. That's still far.

Is there anything you may suggest I do before then?

my suggestions could be counter productive . I will rather not
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Numberz(m): 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2021
@Gazzuz

Toyota Camry
i4
Enugu State

ABS light is mostly on
RPM tends to be unstable when ABS light is on

When the ABS light is off (occasionally), the RPM becomes stable & you get a smoother ride

How do I resolve this please..a man needs help!

CEL is permanently on.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 6:41am On Feb 25, 2021
DdenslordD:

Biko.dont make me laugh sir. Do not just write out of assumption. Please make your research and give us feedback du-craft produces brake disc but oga you will pay with your nose that is why they first sell it as a package to you and if you insist on pads only they warn you. Please when ever you go to the us visit their shop and see for your self. They give you a complete package of disc and pads

Mr Man du-craft is a Nigerian owned brake pad manufacturing company. I don't know what you are talking about. I can send you ducraft customer care number. You can call them and find out if they also make brake discs. You are arguing blindly. I do not argue blindly. Call du-craft brakes on +234 909 927 2537. Same number on whatsapp.

https://du-craftbrakes.com/

Above is ducraft brakes website
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DdenslordD: 8:11am On Feb 25, 2021
obidevine:

Mr Man du-craft is a Nigerian owned brake pad manufacturing company. I don't know what you are talking about. I can send you ducraft customer care number. You can call them and find out if they also make brake discs. You are arguing blindly. I do not argue blindly. Call du-craft brakes on +234 909 927 2537. Same number on whatsapp.

https://du-craftbrakes.com/

Above is ducraft brakes website

Apologies. I stand corrected. My question is how come its sold in the US then? Well the nigerian is a big boy now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thonyman: 8:32am On Feb 25, 2021
I no longer have the number as it was 2yrs ago he did the repair, i am also out of the area.
Why getting car scanner from Jumia when Gazzuzz and some couple of other guys here can deliver it to your address within 24hrs at a cheaper rate?
Or are you buying the more advance one that can scan abs? I suggest you cancel your order on Jumia if it is pay on delivery.

Grupo:

I'm in Abakaliki town.

This may sound incredible, most of the kazeem (in that same mechanic site you described) I asked didn't know what a scanner was.

Please, are you still in the town or do you have the number of the kazeem that has the scanner? Or how can you direct me to him?

The scanner I ordered will arrive between 5th and 9th of next month according to Jumia. That's a long waiting time.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KatrakaNG(m): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2021
Eldersege:
Good morning,

Please I want to buy Nisan Murano 2005. The price is good and the car looks ok but I have never used Nisan especially Murano before. My neighborhood requires raised vehicle due to bad muddy road .

The impression I normally get about Murano is the gear that in normally have gear issued like the 2001/4 model of Honda Odesey and how it is very expensive.

Your advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks..

Wish you luck in your buy. Just do not forget to fortify it with a GPS tracker, before you hit the road. Car jackers are on an alarming rise

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Banks92(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2021
Grupo:

I'm in Abakaliki town.

I am also in Ai, wen to site one time to do a repair and the mech actually has a scan tool. e
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2021
Banks92:

I am also in Ai, wen to site one time to do a repair and the mech actually has a scan tool. e

Please, do you have the number of the mech or do you know his name so can ask around when I get to site?

Are you still in Ai?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Banks92(m): 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2021
Grupo:

Please, do you have the number of the mech or do you know his name so can ask around when I get to site?

Are you still in Ai?

I don't know his name. Only know where he stays at site.
I am in Ai
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 9:03pm On Feb 25, 2021
Banks92:

I don't know his name. Only know where he stays at site.
I am in Ai

Please can you help me? Maybe we could link up so you show me the place.

Is that possible with you?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 5:38am On Feb 26, 2021
Zane2point4:

Who can advice on double cell radiators?

I intend to change the radiator on my 2012 camry Le to a double cell one
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 7:20am On Feb 26, 2021
obidevine:

Òyìnbó wey don dey build car till ẹ reach 2012 wey put the single cell radiator no fit collect advice from Kazeem. It's the same radiator dem go put if the car dey go desert.

If nothing do am, leave am. If e don spoil, get OEM. Reinstall your thermostat, put correct coolant and bleed the system. You go dey okay.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:44am On Feb 26, 2021
obidevine:

Anything you put will work.

Engine will get to operating temp in 15mins as long as the engine thermostat is functional.

The only difference is the amount of coolant the double cell would and the rate of heat dissipation.

Now imagine a person was shot and bleeding out, who would die quicker the man with 5pints of blood or 3pints.

I would rather go for the double cell because it offers more protection in case of a leak, I could travel a further distance before I find glue grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by morinto: 10:58am On Feb 26, 2021
Please I need your help. Have change my car fuel pump up to 7-times this year and have try going to different places but it still give me the same,problem. Am,frustrated dont know,what to do.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Anything you put will work.

Engine will get to operating temp in 15mins as long as the engine thermostat is functional.

The only difference is the amount of coolant the double cell would and the rate of heat dissipation.

Now imagine a person was shot and bleeding out, who would die quicker the man with 5pints of blood or 3pints.

I would rather go for the double cell because it offers more protection in case of a leak, I could travel a further distance before I find glue grin

As long as this is coming from the guru Gazzuzz. I believe it hook line and sinker.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PrinceFola(m): 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2021
Good afternoon dem Ogas..Please I noticed that my car (Toyota Corolla 2006) making some noises at the front so, I took it to my mechanic and he said it is LEAKAGES that's affected that I'll need to change the two front leakages. Now, please what's the work of that stuff in a car and how much is it please?? I asked him the important is the LEAKAGES but I'm not pleased with his explanation that's why I'm here to ask my Bosses... Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 5:21pm On Feb 26, 2021
[/quote]
PrinceFola:
Good afternoon dem Ogas..Please I noticed that my car (Toyota Corolla 2006) making some noises at the front so, I took it to my mechanic and he said it is[b] LEAKAGES][/b][ that's affected that I'll need to change the two front leakages. Now, please what's the work of that stuff in a car and how much is it please?? I asked him the important is the LEAKAGES but I'm not pleased with his explanation that's why I'm here to ask my Bosses... Thanks in anticipation!

bros it is called [/b]LINKAGES[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PrinceFola(m): 5:31pm On Feb 26, 2021
drmuchin:
Good afternoon dem Ogas..Please I noticed that my car (Toyota Corolla 2006) making some noises at the front so, I took it to my mechanic and he said it is[b] LEAKAGES][/b][ that's affected that I'll need to change the two front leakages. Now, please what's the work of that stuff in a car and how much is it please?? I asked him the important is the LEAKAGES but I'm not pleased with his explanation that's why I'm here to ask my Bosses... Thanks in anticipation!

bros it is called [/b]LINKAGES[/b]
Thanks for the correction bro, I have no idea about it hence, the wrong spelling.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Codedboy95(m): 8:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
DdenslordD:

Answer 1: there are 2 running bars below all toyota and lexus nothing actually touches the floor except it is hilly

Answer 2: fake or bad brake pads, nothing more

Answer 3: open yoir engine, check the engine oil cover the oil type to use is written there. The oil to be used does not depend on the previous owner he might just be a slowpoke to use a cheap oil killing the engine

Answer 4: pit on your car press and hold the AFS off light for 3-5 seconds it should adjust itself and go off if not please give me a feedback
thanks boss, i have changed the oil, also the afs sensor is broken, as for the brakepad, an automech said i can still be using it ( since it was just changed too)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Numberz(m): 8:56pm On Feb 26, 2021
Numberz:
@Gazzuz

Toyota Camry
i4
Enugu State

ABS light is mostly on

When the ABS light is off (occasionally), the RPM becomes stable & you get a smoother ride

CEL is permanently on.

Thanks in advance.

HELP!!!
A rewire scanned and cleared the ABS light on Thursday (I had a good ride for a few hours) but it's still coming on and going off after 24 hours.
Solution...Ejoor!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Activity77(m): 12:05am On Feb 27, 2021
My camry 2008 v4 cranks but won't start on first start in the morning but when tried for the second time it starts perfectly for the day and this only happens in the morning.. I was told it was coolant sensor which I changed though second hand which I don't trust but still the issue persists... Please help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 2:21am On Feb 27, 2021
Activity77:
My camry 2008 v4 cranks but won't start on first start in the morning but when tried for the second time it starts perfectly for the day and this only happens in the morning.. I was told it was coolant sensor which I changed though second hand which I don't trust but still the issue persists... Please help

same problem with me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:44am On Feb 27, 2021
Activity77:

drmuchin:

same problem with me

Checking fuel pressure (most Asian vehicles)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIm1j5LZYOM

Final part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya_GngCX1Ds

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:11am On Feb 27, 2021
Numberz:
@Gazzuz

Toyota Camry
i4
Enugu State

ABS light is mostly on

CEL is permanently on.

Thanks in advance.

It's a very common problem on the Camry 2007-2009.

Video is long, but if you want to skip lectures just replace the abs module in pic below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxx3Jd1PpJk

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 11:38am On Feb 27, 2021
My camry 2012 v4 cranks but won't start on first start but on second trial it starts perfectly for the day and this only happens in the morning.. . Please help

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.