Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,474 members, 7,836,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922314 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ik360: 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
Good evening all pls my Toyota Corolla 2005 auto recently I now notice when the gear changes which was not so b4, check light is on and I went to scan the car and the code was interpreted to gear. They recommend I service my gear. Gear oil not changed b4.
Please I want to know what gear service entail, kind of oil, quantity and other things I need to know.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11am On Mar 08, 2021
ik360:
Good evening all pls my Toyota Corolla 2005 auto recently I now notice when the gear changes which was not so b4, check light is on and I went to scan the car and the code was interpreted to gear. They recommend I service my gear. Gear oil not changed b4.
Please I want to know what gear service entail, kind of oil, quantity and other things I need to know.

You said a lot and really said nothing. You cannot be vague when responding to problems that will be solved remotely.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:12am On Mar 08, 2021
chidekings:
hello car experts,it seems i hear more outside noise when inside the car,and a hmmm sound from the back of the car,car is Camry 2010 and dashboard lights go off when full beam is on

Usually the rear wheel hubs
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
GAZZUZ and all the car gurus, i need urgent help

Pls my Toyota matrix 06 consumes fuel a little bit more than normal.

I replaced d air intake filter, cleaned the throttle body with cab cleaner, welds exhaust leaks, already bought original NGK spark plugs but yet to replaced, gas cap not clicking after lock, already ordered a new one but yet to arrive.

I did a scan & d following code popped up: P0420
P0441
P0128.

Which of these is d real culprit & How do i eliminate them?

Pls i need help, i bought this car specifically because of fuel economy.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 7:54am On Mar 09, 2021
Dez10:

I replaced d air intake filter, cleaned the throttle body with cab cleaner, welds exhaust leaks, already bought original NGK spark plugs but yet to replaced, gas cap not clicking after lock, already ordered a new one but yet to arrive.

P0441
P0128.

Fix that p0128 first. Replace or reinstall your thermostat and restore your fan to factory settings.
That should go a long way. Fix the gas cap that doesn't click. You lose fuel from there too. As for the p0420, go and buy spacer from Gazzuzz. That should do it.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24am On Mar 09, 2021
Dez10:

P0441
P0128.

9icetoo:

Fix that p0128 first. Replace or reinstall your thermostat and restore your fan to factory settings.
That should go a long way. Fix the gas cap that doesn't click. You lose fuel from there too. As for the p0420, go and buy spacer from Gazzuzz. That should do it.

In addition, restoring a vehicles cooling system to factory can sometimes be complicated .

The use of tap water causes corrosion at Aluminum parts, especially at joints with rubber clips, also if the engine had a history of wear, cooler oil might extend bearing life.
If engine had a history of head gasket change without head resurfacing, optimal temps can result in leaks.

Restoring settings is good, but a lot of checks and balances need to be made or vehicle will become undrivable which defeats the aim of any form of preventive maintenance cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 2:48pm On Mar 09, 2021
Since yesterday my car temperature goes slightly above middle and sometimes even goes to high when my AC is on and in in stagnant Traffic for a while. When I turn the AC off it comes back to the middle

Please gurus in the house kindly advice. My fans are working
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
obidevine:
Since yesterday my car temperature goes slightly above middle and sometimes even goes to high when my AC is on and in in stagnant Traffic for a while. When I turn the AC off it comes back to the middle

Faulty radiator or thermostat or both

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by OduduaDefender(m): 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2021
Mr Gazzuz, I got Corolla 2007 Tokunbo last year September 2020 and I am a novice about car. I notice that the cooling fan doesn't start rotating immediately I start the car until a few minutes after. When I took the car to a recommended Rewire last week to help fix the horn that didn't sound again, he noticed the fan and said he would have do something to make the cooling fan rotate immediately I start the car which he did and the fan starts rotating immediately I start it.
My question is whether that would have negative effects on the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2021
OduduaDefender:
Mr Gazzuz, I got Corolla 2007 Tokunbo last year September 2020 and I am a novice about car. I notice that the cooling fan doesn't start rotating immediately I start the car until a few minutes after. When I took the car to a recommended Rewire last week to help fix the horn that didn't sound again, he noticed the fan and said he would have do something to make the cooling fan rotate immediately I start the car which he did and the fan starts rotating immediately I start it.
Trouble dey sleep you go wake am. Tell him to revert it back to how it was.

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sirleke(m): 6:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
Peppermintflav:

Trouble dey sleep you go wake am. Tell him to revert it back to how it was.
OduduaDefender:
and be fast about it

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Faulty radiator or thermostat or both

How do I confirm if my thermostat is working or not ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

In addition, restoring a vehicles cooling system to factory can sometimes be complicated .

The use of tap water causes corrosion at Aluminum parts, especially at joints with rubber clips, also if the engine had a history of wear, cooler oil might extend bearing life.
If engine had a history of head gasket change without head resurfacing, optimal temps can result in leaks.

Restoring settings is good, but a lot of checks and balances need to be made or vehicle will become undrivable which defeats the aim of any form of preventive maintenance cheesy
Thanks.

Pls how much can i get the O2 spacer from Gazzuz?

And which of d O2 sensors will i use it for, downstream or upstream?

I will need to leave the p0128 code pending for nw due to d complexity around eliminating it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
I intend to change my Radiator from what it came with to a double cell radiator. Honestly I don't know if the radiator that came with the car is single or double cell.

The car is to Toyota Camry LE 2012.

If I change it , please do I also need to change the water pump ?

I like the car a lot

Gurus in the house please come to my rescue like the avengers.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 5:32am On Mar 10, 2021
obidevine:
I intend to change my Radiator from what it came with to a double cell radiator. Honestly I don't know if the radiator that came with the car is single or double cell.

The car is to Toyota Camry LE 2012.

If I change it , please do I also need to change the water pump ?

I like the car a lot

Gurus in the house please come to my rescue like the avengers.

1st question, why do you want to change the radiator?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 6:23am On Mar 10, 2021
obidevine:

Witnessed this issue once.

Gazzuzz advised I should change my radiator. I did and the problem was solved.

Haven't experienced it again for more than a year after.

Turned out the radiator had small leaks that caused water to evaporate. Which also caused the water level in the radiator to go down occasionally.

I changed radiator and switched from water to coolant.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 6:28am On Mar 10, 2021
Grupo:

Witnessed this issue once.

Gazzuzz advised I should change my radiator. I did and the problem was solved.

Haven't experienced it again for more than a year after.

Turned out the radiator had small leaks that caused water to evaporate. Which also caused the water level in the radiator to go down occasionally.

I changed radiator and switched from water to coolant.

Did you change to a double cell radiator?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 6:35am On Mar 10, 2021
obidevine:

Did you change to a double cell radiator?

I really don't know if it was double or single. I ordered the radiator and took to mechanic that changed it.

The mechanic showed me the points from where the old radiator was leaking.

Do you top off your radiator with water or coolant occasionally?

After the change, I have not had to top off the radiator again for more than a year. Because the coolant level has remained the same ever since.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 7:00am On Mar 10, 2021
Grupo:

I really don't know if it was double or single. I ordered the radiator and took to mechanic that changed it.

The mechanic showed me the points from where the old radiator was leaking.

Do you top off your radiator with water or coolant occasionally?

After the change, I have not had to top off the radiator again for more than a year. Because the coolant level has remained the same ever since.

Nice one. Yes Gazzuz has also adviced that I changed my radiator to a double cell one but I read online that if you change your radiator from single to double call you would also need to change your water pump

Please what year and make is your car and kindly find out of you changed to double cell?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 7:22am On Mar 10, 2021
obidevine:

Nice one. Yes Gazzuz has also adviced that I changed my radiator to a double cell one but I read online that if you change your radiator from single to double call you would also need to change your water pump

Please what year and make is your car and kindly find out of you changed to double cell?

Just found out now that the radiator is double cell. The one that was replaced was single cell, which was the "follow come."

Car is 2007 Toyota corolla.

I didn't change anything else.

I only switched from water to coolant as I didn't want to continue using water with the new radiator.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 7:35am On Mar 10, 2021
Grupo:

Just found out now that the radiator is double cell. The one that was replaced was single cell, which was the "follow come."

Car is 2007 Toyota corolla.

I didn't change anything else.

I only switched from water to coolant as I didn't want to continue using water with the new radiator.

Okay then double cell it is then
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:40am On Mar 10, 2021
obidevine:

Do they have double cell waterpumps? angry

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 8:11am On Mar 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I mean changing to a higher water pump. It's not like I intend to
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

nwanne ask dem o

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I NEVER said they have double cell water pump
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sammily(m): 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
OduduaDefender:

Kazeem strikes again. The car cooling system is designed to work that way for maximum engine efficiency. Tell him to reinstall the thermostat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 12:03am On Mar 11, 2021
Hello Everyone, I have a 2005 Toyota Camry V6, I noticed recently that as I am drive, I feel a vibration on the steering, then also noise at the back on my right hand side like there is a metal object in the boot tumble around.
Please what could the cause of these 2 issues? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 9:42am On Mar 11, 2021
chrisja:
Hello Everyone, I have a 2005 Toyota Camry V6, I noticed recently that as I am drive, I feel a vibration on the steering, then also noise at the back on my right hand side like there is a metal object in the boot tumble around.
Please what could the cause of these 2 issues? Thanks

To stop hearing the noise, turn up your music. Problem solved.

7 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 10:21am On Mar 11, 2021
Hello Gazzuzz,

Kindly advice which brand of engine oil should I use for 2005 Camry.
Just bought it Toks... Never serviced it before.
This will be the first oil change.
I need a professional advice that will not cut throat and same time not kill my engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cletz991(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2021
Please kindly advise the right engine oil to use for a Honda accord 1997
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2021
Grupo:

To stop hearing the noise, turn up your music. Problem solved.
Kindly go back to Romance section. We don't allow kids in here
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2021
eRex:
Hello Gazzuzz,

Kindly advice which brand of engine oil should I use for 2005 Camry.
Just bought it Toks... Never serviced it before.
This will be the first oil change.
I need a professional advice that will not cut throat and same time not kill my engine

What you need is Mobil1 5W-30 or any other good synthetic oil. Please don't ever listen to mechanics that will tell you to buy Mobil HXP or Visco 2000.. Please use Synthetic oil....

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.