Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (916101 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peterlove11: 1:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
9icetoo:

Was your thermostat reinstalled after this coolant was added?

Yes....that was some months before the coolant was added. No improvement in mileage then. It was exactly after coolant was added that I saw improvement in mileage
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peterlove11: 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
9icetoo:

Your thermostat has been reinstalled. Your car now gets to optimum operating temp quicker and the ecu now adjusts fuel efficiently. Hence the improvement in fuel economy. You are doing well.
That might be the most logical explanation for it. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
Goodday everyone

I have a 2011 camry, bought few month 9ja used.

Slip indicator light is on and check engine light is also on, doesnt go off.

I also noticed that every morning, when i start d car it gives High RPM.

please i need help cos am down with incessant worries.
Who knows the cause and how to go about it??

I reside in PH.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 12:13am On Mar 04, 2021
Kanshi1:
Goodday everyone

Who knows the cause and how to go about it??

I reside in PH.

Cc: Mrford.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 3:22am On Mar 04, 2021
Does this person reside here in PH?

seanfer:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 6:33am On Mar 04, 2021
Kanshi1:
Does this person reside here in PH?

Yes he’s workshop is at AIT along NTA Ozuoba road. Go to his profile and copy his phone number there. He has all the tools to scan and read codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11am On Mar 04, 2021
Kanshi1:
Goodday everyone

Please i need help.

I reside in PH.

Just scan the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by navigante: 7:41am On Mar 04, 2021
Please Boses in the house,,please who can recommend where i can do wheel balancing and alingment on the island with peace of mind,went to oando at awolowo rd but issue still persists.,
Cc:Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:47am On Mar 04, 2021
navigante:
Please Boses in the house,,please who can recommend where i can do wheel balancing and alingment on the island with peace of mind,went to oando at awolowo rd but issue still persists.,
Cc:Gazzuzz

Not every issue is solved by wheel alignment and balancing.

Car might actually have a suspension fault that has not been solved
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by navigante: 9:58am On Mar 04, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Not every issue is solved by wheel alignment and balancing.

Car might actually have a suspension fault that has not been solved
Ok tnx
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SpeedRacer(m): 2:27pm On Mar 04, 2021
Urgent help is needed please.
Because the disparity between senor 1 amd 2 is too much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SIMEONMPEE(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2021
Sorry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by flecho: 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2021
I greet engrs in d house, PL my Honda Civic 07 engine temperature keeps rising above middle leading to overheating every hot afternoon when using AC btw 12:30pm to 2:30pm PL wat could be d cos because I hv coolant not water in radiator and thermostat have be removed still temperature keeps rising and anytime dis event wants to occur I noticed vehicle will be sluggish hard to accelerate. and top gasket is not blown. 10x
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 7:52am On Mar 05, 2021
flecho:
I greet engrs in d house, PL my Honda Civic 07 engine temperature keeps rising above middle leading to overheating every hot afternoon when using AC btw 12:30pm to 2:30pm PL wat could be d cos because I hv coolant not water in radiator and thermostat have be removed still temperature keeps rising and anytime dis event wants to occur I noticed vehicle will be sluggish hard to accelerate. and top gasket is not blown. 10x

Do you notice any coolant leak after parking? Or do you need to top off coolant? Some batch of 8th Gen Civic do have crack engine block issue which can cause coolant leaks and overheating issues.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by flecho: 8:05am On Mar 05, 2021
dicksonadams:

Do you notice any coolant leak after parking? Or do you need to top off coolant? Some batch of 8th Gen Civic do have crack engine block issue which can cause coolant leaks and overheating issues.

no coolant leak or crack, I don't top coolant
10x
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 8:09am On Mar 05, 2021
flecho:

no coolant leak or crack, I don't top coolant
10x

Any check engine Light? If yes, Has it been scanned? Could point to the cause.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Observer007(m): 8:11am On Mar 05, 2021
Gazzuzz and gurus in the house, please what's the difference between automatic transmission fluid (for automatic trans) and transaxle oil?

Are they different, for same or different purposes? Do all cars require both, if they're different?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by flecho: 10:14am On Mar 05, 2021
dicksonadams:

Any check engine Light? If yes, Has it been scanned? Could point to the cause.

no check light,
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tunesh(m): 12:10am On Mar 06, 2021
Good Evening Team, Please I notice My Temperature Guage Rises above the Middle Line when am.top speed and always returns to Normal when in Traffic. It's a Corolla 2006 Model. Please kindly help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:41am On Mar 06, 2021
Tunesh:
Good Evening Team, Please I notice My Temperature Guage Rises above the Middle Line when am.top speed and always returns to Normal when in Traffic. It's a Corolla 2006 Model. Please kindly help

possible clogged radiator.

Start with backwashing in a car wash.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Boss. I have this codes on 2006 Camry. Noticed poor fuel economy for sometime now.
Please advice what to do.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tunesh(m): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks Boss

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blazetitov: 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2021
Good evening Oga GAZZUZZ and all other engineers in the house.

Please assist with the following codes on my 2008 Toyota Camry.

Late last year, it was threw up error code P0101, then later P0172. I did little research and decided to change the air filter, then clear the error codes. All seems fine until early February when it threw check engine light again. Did further research and i decided to clean the MAF and throttle body. After, the cleaning, the codes went off and there was improvement in fuel consumption.

Unfortunately, 3 weeks after, that is on Monday of this week, both codes came back on. And even when i clear them, once i switch off the engine for a while and start again, the check engine light comes up immediately.

Kindly assist Sirs.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2021
blazetitov:
Good evening Oga GAZZUZZ and all other engineers in the house.

Please assist with the following codes on my 2008 Toyota Camry.

Late last year, it was threw up error code P0101, then later P0172. I did little research and decided to change the air filter, then clear the error codes. All seems fine until early February when it threw check engine light again. Did further research and i decided to clean the MAF and throttle body. After, the cleaning, the codes went off and there was improvement in fuel consumption.

Unfortunately, 3 weeks after, that is on Monday of this week, both codes came back on. And even when i clear them, once i switch off the engine for a while and start again, the check engine light comes up immediately.

Kindly assist Sirs.

Check for air leaks between throttle body and air cleaner .

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:34pm On Mar 06, 2021
seanfer:

Boss. I have this codes on 2006 Camry. Noticed poor fuel economy for sometime now.
Please advice what to do.

Replace O2 sensor B1S1
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haslaw(m): 1:23am On Mar 07, 2021
Good morning oga GAZZUZZ and other car gurus in the house.

I have a toyota corolla 2010 and have the following issues.

1) The car has a silencer leakage sound and I had one mechanic look at it and he said it was the outlet manifold gasket he also used the computer on it displayed the following result : C1201

2) The left low beam head light only comes on during the day but goes off at night.

3) The car vibrates a lot wherever I am on high speed and the vibrations increased when I step on the break at speed between 80km./hour to 120km/hour
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blazetitov: 5:49am On Mar 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Check for air leaks between throttle body and air cleaner .

Thanks boss.

Will check and revert.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 6:12am On Mar 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Replace O2 sensor B1S1

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:22am On Mar 07, 2021
haslaw:
Good morning oga GAZZUZZ and other car gurus in the house.

I have a toyota corolla 2010 and have the following issues.

1) The car has a silencer leakage sound and I had one mechanic look at it and he said it was the outlet manifold gasket he also used the computer on it displayed the following result : C1201

Manifold leak, fix leak. It is also possible you have restricted air flow causing the leak, so investigate .

C1201 ignore it if the abs light is off

2) The left low beam head light only comes on during the day but goes off at night.

Active village people, seek deliverance for vehicle

3) The car vibrates a lot wherever I am on high speed and the vibrations increased when I step on the break at speed between 80km./hour to 120km/hour

possibilities include

Unbalanced wheels, worn out inner side axles, and warped brake rotors. You need to identify before buying part.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ben404040: 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2021
DdenslordD:

What i suspect is you recently changed one of your front shafts or CV joint and since the ABS light is erratic then it means the gear teeth where the sensor reads the signal is either not of the same size as others or defective or dirty with grease or so. Please try to remember if you changed the shaft and follow that line.

This is only if this happens on motion but if it happens stationary then the ANS module has been affected and needs to be changed
Had this experience last time on my 09 camry.
Changed 2 shafts, replacements didnt come with Abs sensors...kazeem was unable to fix new sensors correctly due to rust....so many errors came up
ABS
CeL
Speedometer error
Brake shaking.
Kazeem said the car will be scanned. I refused and pointed him back to sensor. He brought a rewire who said he ll perform Electronic BLEEDING on the car. I refused. He got tired.
Another mechanic confirmed its linked to the AbS sensor.
Las las everything became OK
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
Hey guys. My rpm needle is always slightly above 1 when I drive and never comes down below 1. I worry that this isn’t good but some mechanics tell me the process to get it down is hard. Also, when idling, the rpm needle fires slightly on its own. What could be the cause?

Car is a Hyundai Accent 2008 Manual Tranny
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chidekings(m): 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2021
hello car experts,it seems i hear more outside noise when inside the car,and a hmmm sound from the back of the car,car is Camry 2010 and dashboard lights go off when full beam is on

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.