Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914577 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ikdaddy01(m): 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Engine Ecu is currently relearning idle speed.

If you cannot wait, clean your throttle body
Happens to my 09 camry anytime I remove the battery.
Now I am worried that touching my throttle body might trigger codes if Done wrongly.
How best is to clean the throttle body?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2021
ikdaddy01:

Now I am worried that touching my throttle body might trigger codes if Done wrongly.

I will do a video soon

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2021
ikdaddy01:

Advise your mechanic that when he's cleaning the throttle body he should not manually open the throttle body with his hand. Make sure someone depresses the accelerator pedal to open the throttle body so that the cleaning spray can go in properly . And be weary that after cleaning your throttle body the car's rpm at idle will increase but not to worry . The car's computer will gradually readjust the rpm. Hope I'm making sense.

I've cleaned my throttle body before and I directed my mechanic on what to do. Thank God for the internet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 3:41am On Mar 28, 2021
obidevine:

Advise your mechanic that when he's cleaning the throttle body be should not manually depress the throttle body. Make sure someone depresses the accelerator pedal to open the throttle body so that the cleaning spray can go in properly . And be weary that after cleaning your throttle body the car's rpm at idle will increase but not to worry . The car's computer will gradually readjust the rpm. Hope I'm making sense.

I've cleaned my throttle body before and I directed my mechanic on what to do. Thank God for the internet.

u are a wise man
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 6:55am On Mar 28, 2021
Good Morning Guys, please I seriously need your help. I took my car, Toyota Camry 2005 v6 to the mechanic on Friday to change the engine seating, on my way back as I tried throttling, I heard a sound like the engine is short of Oil or about to "knock" . And the oil is properly gauged. I serviced not too long ago & have only covered 2000 miles. How do you advise me to go about fixing this. I have parked the car @home.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:38am On Mar 28, 2021
chrisja:
Good Morning Guys, please I seriously need your help. I took my car, Toyota Camry 2005 v6 to the mechanic on Friday to change the engine seating, on my way back as I tried throttling, I heard a sound like the engine is short of Oil or about to "knock" . And the oil is properly gauged. I serviced not too long ago & have only covered 2000 miles. How do you advise me to go about fixing this. I have parked the car @home.

How long have you owned the car? Did you switch from your regular oils?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 10:55am On Mar 28, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

How long have you owned the car? Did you switch from your regular oils?
I have owned it for 9 months (bought it tokunbo) I have only used 1 type of oil, Mobil Super 2000 5w-30.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:01am On Mar 28, 2021
chrisja:

I have owned it for 9 months (bought it tokunbo) I have only used 1 type of oil, Mobil Super 2000 5w-30.

What's your drain interval?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 11:49am On Mar 28, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

What's your drain interval?
3000 to 4000 miles
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2021
chrisja:

3000 to 4000 miles

engine should be fine. Have it inspected. Start by draining the oil into a clean container and inspecting for metal particles.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

engine should be fine. Have it inspected. Start by draining the oil into a clean container and inspecting for metal particles.
Alright, thanks Boss...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Gazzuzz the guru, please if their are metal particles in it. What does it signify and what's the remedy?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
obidevine:

Gazzuzz the guru, please if their are metal particles in it. What does it signify and what's the remedy?

Village people have won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2hBakhj4o0

Loading..... Engine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tosomaju(m): 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
Hello guys. I changed my Matrix 2005 boot due to broken glass. The new boot has different color. So I got it painted last week.
The issue is that the painter used paper and tape to cover the back camera before spraying. Camera is not clear again.
I cleaned the lense with tissue yet no difference. I used petro and cloth. It became worsened.
Experts in the house. What can I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
tosomaju:
Hello guys. I changed my Matrix 2005 boot due to broken glass. The new boot has different color. So I got it painted last week.
The issue is that the painter used paper and tape to cover the back camera before spraying. Camera is not clear again.
I cleaned the lense with tissue yet no difference. I used petro and cloth. It became worsened.
Experts in the house. What can I do?

2005 matrix does not come with factory back up camera.

So

Buy camera ₦5k

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by piagbara: 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2021
Sold las las

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
piagbara:
Hello Guys,
I upgraded a Lexus 570, 2010, so I have the parts for sale is if interested do reach me on 09037131248, also available on whatsapp, love able egba, Lagos.

Any one transacting should Apply due diligence.

9 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by freeman500: 6:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
Good day guys. Pls who knows how much a 2008 Nissan Teana CVT gearbox is sold? I think it's same with Altima and Sentra of same year.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Shanid(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
Hello , good evening everyone , trust you had a wonderful weekend. Please can I change my oil from semi synthetic 5W30 to fully synthetic 5W30 oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 8:20pm On Mar 28, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Village people have won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2hBakhj4o0

Loading..... Engine

Ha ha ha ha
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 12:18am On Mar 29, 2021
How do one know if a catalyst has been removed or not because my 2011 camry sports shows only this code P0420 when i scanned it.

DdenslordD:

P0420 is catalyst inefficient. means due to the age of your car or if it as removed before it was bought, your car has no catalyst which is directly proportional to excessive fuel consumption. Also you have some vacuum leaks somewhere in your engine which may cause lag but before changing focusing on the catalyst please just check for leaks, air leaks from the engine bay. this can result in catalyst codes also.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 12:35am On Mar 29, 2021
Exactly the problem am facing on my 2011 camry sports.
The exact problem.

Phils:
Hello Guru's.

Toyota Camry 2010 pops up 'engine check' and 'traction control off' light.
If parked for long, they disappear and appears/stays after long driving.
Kazeem once scanned and gave p0420(missing catalytic converter).
Using the tires (Michelin) that came with the car and they are apparently new.
***By the way - Will want the outside temp. to work too***

Hate to see those lights on dashboard. How do I go about it?

Abuja at the moment and can visit a recommended/referred expert.

Oga Gazzuzz, will the 02 Sensor Spacer assist on the p0420.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lexini: 1:05am On Mar 29, 2021
Good evening Gazzuz

2008 Toyota highlander fwd

car and steering vibrates when the brake is depressed while speeding.

I have changed the front and back brake discs and brake pads, but the problem is still there.

Please advise.

thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eightsin(m): 7:59am On Mar 29, 2021
Good morning oga Gazzuz.
I bought a tokunbo lexus IS250 5th of this month, I noticed after a few hours that of driving, engine light and traction light came on. But car was still moving fine, I traveled with it last week and found out that the gear doesn't exceed 3... I scanned and it's showing code P0761, P0420, P0430. It now takes a lot of fuel. The car dealer is refusing to do anything about it. Can the gear problem be fixed or It means buying a new one? If it's buying a new one, then I have to sell the car and count my losses
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:23am On Mar 29, 2021
Kanshi1:
How do one know if a catalyst has been removed or not because my 2011 camry sports shows only this code P0420 when i scanned it.

You have no catalyst
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30am On Mar 29, 2021
eightsin:
Good morning oga Gazzuz.
I bought a tokunbo lexus IS250 5th of this month, I noticed after a few hours that of driving, engine light and traction light came on. But car was still moving fine, I traveled with it last week and found out that the gear doesn't exceed 3... I scanned and it's showing code P0761, P0420, P0430. It now takes a lot of fuel. The car dealer is refusing to do anything about it. Can the gear problem be fixed or It means buying a new one? If it's buying a new one, then I have to sell the car and count my losses

The 430 and 420 codes are just missing catalytic converters

The main issue is the 761 code.

Personally I don't think it's a serious issue, start by unplugging the socket on the transmission and search for corrosion on the pins .

What the P0761 code means
If the P0761 code appears, it indicates that the powertrain control module has detected something out of the normal range in shift solenoid C. The automatic transmissions are controlled by computers, and they use these shift solenoids as a means to move fluid between the hydraulic circuits. This helps to make changes in the transmission gear ratio. These are necessary when changing the speed of the vehicle. They also help to ensure fuel efficiency and to make the most out of the engine performance.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Brunel(m): 9:30am On Mar 29, 2021
can the catalyst be replaced with 'packing' to muffle the sound?
my mechanic told me the packing does same work as the catalyst.
GAZZUZZ:

You have no catalyst
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eightsin(m): 9:41am On Mar 29, 2021
I wish I was in Lagos.

GAZZUZZ:

The 430 and 420 codes are just missing catalytic converters

The main issue is the 761 code.

Personally I don't think it's a serious issue, start by unplugging the socket on the transmission and search for corrosion on the pins .

YourMechanic

YourMechanicClose icon
Need help?

Call us:

Phone(855) 347-2779
P0761 OBD-II Trouble Code: Shift Solenoid C Performance or Stuck Off
Our certified mechanics come to you · Get a fair and transparent estimate upfront

SCHEDULE P0761 DIAGNOSTIC
Red-starsEXCELLENT RATING ON Logo-yelp
Cost of diagnosing the P0761 code
P0761 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Shift Solenoid C Performance or Stuck Off". This can happen for multiple reasons and a mechanic needs to diagnose the specific cause for this code to be triggered in your situation. Our certified mobile mechanics can come to your home or office to perform the Check Engine Light diagnostic for $99.99. Once we are able to diagnose the problem, you will be provided with an upfront quote for the recommended fix and receive $20.00 off as a credit towards the repair. All our repairs are backed by our 12-month / 12,000-mile warranty.

Ford
$99.99
$20.00
April 12, 9:00 AM
Toyota
$89.99
$20.00
BMW
$89.99
$20.00
SCHEDULE P0761 DIAGNOSTICGet a fair and transparent estimate upfront

P0761 code definition
The P0761 Trouble Code indicates shift solenoid C performance or stuck off.

What the P0761 code means
If the P0761 code appears, it indicates that the powertrain control module has detected something out of the normal range in shift solenoid C. The automatic transmissions are controlled by computers, and they use these shift solenoids as a means to move fluid between the hydraulic circuits. This helps to make changes in the transmission gear ratio. These are necessary when changing the speed of the vehicle. They also help to ensure fuel efficiency and to make the most out of the engine performance.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2021
Brunel:
can the catalyst be replaced with 'packing' to muffle the sound?
my mechanic told me the packing does same work as the catalyst.

wise thing to do is run a straight pipe.

Stuffing will lead to blocking will only damage engine .

You can use this to solve the codes.

https://www.nairaland.com/6280487/catalytic-converter-problems-cheap-solution

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kaycee54321(m): 10:28am On Mar 29, 2021
Good morning, Gazzuz.

What would you say would be a realistic value for fuel consumption per KM for a Toyota Coaster bus in Lagos?

Is a value of less than 4 KM/L truly due to traffic situation...seeing that originally, the vehicle is meant to do about 7 KM/L or thereabouts abroad.

Please, anybody with info should help...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tisong007: 11:44am On Mar 29, 2021
Hello house, any Idea on how much an evaporator cost in 1999 Toyota Camry?

Someone should also help me with Mr. Ford phone number. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Brunel(m): 11:54am On Mar 29, 2021
Thank you.
Can you recommend a mechanic that can fix it for me?
The car is a 2003 Toyota Corolla Verso
GAZZUZZ:

wise thing to do is run a straight pipe.

Stuffing will lead to blocking will only damage engine .

You can use this to solve the codes.

https://www.nairaland.com/6280487/catalytic-converter-problems-cheap-solution

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Michael547(m), Invest1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.