Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915603 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
Brunel:
Thank you.
Can you recommend a mechanic that can fix it for me?
The car is a 2003 Toyota Corolla Verso

Any one that can handle a tool can install it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Folabifreeman(m): 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2021
Oga gazuzz i greet u
How much is to get the transmission of this car fixed in Lagos Nissan ultima

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Iyawotuntun: 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2021
Hello sir, please I want to find out what can be wrong with my Toyota Corolla 2009. I mistakenly overfilled my gas tank about some few weeks ago and since then my check engine sign has been on. What can be wrong? Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2021
Iyawotuntun:
Hello sir, please I want to find out what can be wrong with my Toyota Corolla 2009. I mistakenly overfilled my gas tank about some few weeks ago and since then my check engine sign has been on. What can be wrong? Thank you
Scan

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CsRockefeller(m): 10:29am On Mar 30, 2021
Good day Gurus in the house, special shout out.to Gazuzz, your name reminds me.of.my Dad's car that year "Daewoo Razer" grin

To the fulcrum of my concern; I am practically new to cars, just started driving last year October, my Dad recently entrusted one of his old cars into my hands after it has spent some time in the hands of my sisters grin

I've been gradually working to get it up again (like new) body work and painting has been done but interior and engine still needs serious work. My current issue is the exhaust pipe and the silencer, the pipe has taken lots of hits due to our bouncing castle kinda roads, so, whenever I start the car it makes some funny noise, the panel beater tried to wield the affected part but no reprieve, so he advised that I changed the whole exhaust pipe including the silencer at Owode, that I shouldn't cut it. Please what do you think?

Then also, while taking the car from the workshop back home, I noticed my brakes where air empty, almost like the car had no brakes, had to be careful till I got home and have since parked it. How do I know if the brake pads are worn out or the brake engine oil is exhausted grin

Car is a Toyota Solara 1998 model or so grin

Thanks for your anticipated answers, more questions to come in time smiley

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by k12cambel(f): 10:02pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good day Oga Gazzuzz, Please i need your expertise on this, My toyota corolla 2009 CEL code just came up, i have scanned it and I got the below codes in this order P043E P043F P2401 P2402 P2419, I don't even know where to start as the codes are too many. Please advise. Thank you so much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inze(m): 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Folabifreeman:
Oga gazuzz i greet u

his kryptonite
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2021
k12cambel:
Good day Oga Gazzuzz, Please i need your expertise on this, My toyota corolla 2009 CEL code just came up, i have scanned it and I got the below codes in this order P043E P043F P2401 P2402 P2419, I don't even know where to start as the codes are too many. Please advise. Thank you so much

Looks like this charcoal canister is bad. It's under the car.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
Folabifreeman:
Oga gazuzz i greet u

I have no idea sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kamal0705: 6:11am On Mar 31, 2021
How to prevent a car from corrosion?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by k12cambel(f): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Looks like this charcoal canister is bad. It's under the car.

Thank you chief, i appreciate this. Please can you help me with info on where to get it. Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 11:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
obidevine:

I'd rather buy a new automatic compressor than change to a manual one
u can get a good automatic compressor at ladipo, I have fixed like 7 and all worked without stress. Just have a good engineer
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seunoj: 5:53am On Apr 01, 2021
Great pple
Pls how do I go about fixing P0016 on rx 330(check engine n vsc is on
Is it diy?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 8:15am On Apr 01, 2021
Bizzyliss:
u can get a good automatic compressor at ladipo, I have fixed like 7 and all worked without stress. Just have a good engineer

Please can you direct me to someone that sells good automatic compressors at ladipo. You can drop the person's phone number here.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:27am On Apr 01, 2021
seunoj:
Great pple
Pls how do I go about fixing P0016 on rx 330(check engine n vsc is on
Is it diy?

Very DIY.

The wire connecting the vvti solenoid is broken, disconnected or the sensor is bad.

Pic 2 circled 2 behind engine

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seunoj: 10:36am On Apr 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Very DIY.

The wire connecting the vvti solenoid is broken, disconnected or the sensor is bad.

Pic 2 circled 2 behind engine

Thanks boss.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gboy19: 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

The 2GR-FE is best suited with 5w30. By the way I sell engine oils and have almost all possible oil weights

I just bought a 2009 Acura MDX. The manufacturer recommends 5w20 oil. What's your take on it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2021
kamal0705:
How to prevent a car from corrosion?

use the right coolant, apply oil to undercoat you car and drive in dusty road, dont leave bird shet on your car,
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayanjamz: 4:06pm On Apr 01, 2021
Please, Who can help me check, if my fuel pump is still working properly. I heard diagnostic scan can't detect fuel pump problem. My car take like two to three kick_start almost every morning now and jerks occasionally, while driving. I heard there is a gauge/instruments to check, if the fuel pump is still working perfectly but all the mechanic around me do not have that instrument.... Please, who can help?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Runx: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2021
ayanjamz:
Please, Who can help me check, if my fuel pump is still working properly. I heard diagnostic scan can't detect fuel pump problem. My car take like two to three kick_start almost every morning now and jerks occasionally, while driving. I heard there is a gauge/instruments to check, if the fuel pump is still working perfectly but all the mechanic around me do not have that instrument.... Please, who can help?
Had a similar case with my Nissan Almera. My mechanic adviced to either clean the pump or buy a new one, but he warned that the new pump is not like the carry-come design. So we settle to clean the pump which was caked with mud/debris. The fuel tank was completely emptied and mop with clean rag. Then all the fuel injector nozzles (if this apply to your engine type) were cleaned and reinstalled. The tank was refilled with petrol and that solved my jecking problems till date. If your fuel pump is bad replace it but take additional preventative measures as necessary.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2021
Gboy19:

I just bought a 2009 Acura MDX. The manufacturer recommends 5w20 oil. What's your take on it
Use 5w30 if you can't find 5w20. 5w30 offers better engine protection but mpg suffers very marginally. Insignificantly if I may add. Congrats on your mdx. If you ever have any queries, chat me up.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Switchman: 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2021
Top of the day to all car owners and drivers.

It is so unfortunate the high cost of maintaining vehicles in Nigeria especially Lagos due to bad roads and quack mechanics who use your car as practicals and trial and error.

Most car faults and unnecessary break down are caused as a result of lack of maintenance culture on the part of the drivers in possession of the car.

I have a detailed write up to help you understand some steps to take and lists of routine maintenance advised to be carried out on your vehicle periodically before the starting of each day.

Click on https:///3mcTipW to read more.

Information is power and a times a little information can go a long way to save some few Naira and avoid the avoidable.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 12:14am On Apr 02, 2021
Switchman:
Top of the day to all car owners and drivers.

It is so unfortunate the high cost of maintaining vehicles in Nigeria especially Lagos due to bad roads and quack mechanics who use your car as practicals and trial and error.

Most car faults and unnecessary break down are caused as a result of lack of maintenance culture on the part of the drivers in possession of the car.

I have a detailed write up to help you understand some steps to take and lists of routine maintenance advised to be carried out on your vehicle periodically before the starting of each day.

Information is power and a times a little information can go a long way to save some few Naira and avoid the avoidable.

Your link cannot be accessed

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigyusluv: 6:13am On Apr 02, 2021
My Camry when put on drive and I press brake make some cracking sound from the front wheel... When put on neutral or park and I apply brake it doesn't make those sound. What's the issues
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by OduduaDefender(m): 9:28am On Apr 02, 2021
Please, how good is this product?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adeinfinit(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
Happy Holidays.

I have been having a constant rough idle(RPM fluctuates on its own) on my Honda Civic 07 since the throttle body was cleaned. Will changing the throttle body fix this or are there other things I should look out for?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2021
adeinfinit:
Happy Holidays.

I have been having a constant rough idle(RPM fluctuates on its own) on my Honda Civic 07 since the throttle body was cleaned. Will changing the throttle body fix this or are there other things I should look out for?

Don't worry yaself is nora a big sometime, Simpu sturvs
Your ECU(BRAINBOX) is relearning your idle speed
Ogas in the house chook mouth for mata

cc Gazzuzz
nurey
HeavenlyBang
radautoworks
kingreign
AutoMotech

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
OduduaDefender:
Please, how good is this product?

Well this looks like palm oil blend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adeinfinit(m): 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
drmuchin:

Don't worry yaself is nora a big sometime, Simpu sturvs
Your ECU(BRAINBOX) is relearning your idle speed
Ogas in the house chook mouth for mata

cc Gazzuzz
nurey
HeavenlyBang
radautoworks
kingreign
AutoMotech

I initially thought it was relearning, but this has been happening for months
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jhorjhor: 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
Hello everyone

I recently noticed my car makes loud whistling sound anytime the ac is turned on. The sound goes as soon as the ac is turned off. What could be the cause? Car is pencil light camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2021
Bigyusluv:
My Camry when put on drive and I press brake make some cracking sound from the front wheel... When put on neutral or park and I apply brake it doesn't make those sound. What's the issues

What year of Camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
jhorjhor:
Hello everyone

I recently noticed my car makes loud whistling sound anytime the ac is turned on. The sound goes as soon as the ac is turned off. What could be the cause? Car is pencil light camry

Take clear pics of all rubber pipping in the engine bay

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Manuella4ace, Junfav

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.