Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922246 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jahrule: 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2021
The O2 sensor sucker is not intact(shaking), could it the reason?
Am4obama:
Your car consuming too much... Check the efficiency of your O2 sensor bank 1. Check for any air leakages along Air compartment and exhaust. Is your MAF sensor working perfectly?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jahrule: 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2021
Thank you, it is Honda accord 2006 [Wequote author=DMechy post=100512647]

Vehicle model[/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SchoolPedia: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2021
9icetoo:

4km/L is fair. If you really want to now your fuel consumption, take the vehicle on the highway and measure the consumption. Please note that your mpg was measured abroad with an empty vehicle (no load), with the ac turned off and at a steady speed of about 55 miles per hour.

Getting this ideal mpg in Nigeria will be a herculean task.

Hello boss,

I do like 4km/litre on my 2002 Toyota Corolla. I get to drive 20km to 22km for every 1k fuel I buy. Is the fuel consumption okay?
Thanks for your anticipated response.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DMechy: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
jahrule:
Thank you, it is Honda accord 2006 [Wequote author=DMechy post=100512647]

Vehicle model

Wanted to know if its a six cylinder.

You probably might have an air leak, low fuel pressure or bad air flow meter.

With live data, you can easily eliminate which is not the culprit using fuel trims and oxygen sensor waveforms
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jahrule: 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
4 cylinders
DMechy:

With live data, you can easily eliminate which is not the culprit using fuel trims and oxygen sensor waveforms
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2021
SchoolPedia:

Hello boss,

I do like 4km/litre on my 2002 Toyota Corolla. I get to drive 20km to 22km for every 1k fuel I buy. Is the fuel consumption okay?

That’s so poor. You should be getting 45-50km on that 1k fuel for a 2002 Corolla.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SchoolPedia: 9:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
seanfer:

That’s so poor. You should be getting 45-50km on that 1k fuel for a 2002 Corolla.

Really. That 1k is 6.06 litres at #165 per liter.
So, 6 litres should give me 45 to 50km. So, I have been cheating myself via ignorance..

What can be wrong boss?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ssppen: 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Replace the ABS actuator.

Thanks a bunch sir,God bless you Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 7:15am On Apr 06, 2021
SchoolPedia:

Really. That 1k is 6.06 litres at #165 per liter.
So, 6 litres should give me 45 to 50km. So, I have been cheating myself via ignorance..

What can be wrong boss?

That car is meant to do 11km/L. But if we put into consideration our fuel and that car can’t be in factory level. The worst you should be getting is 7km/l. Scan the car, make sure you’re using the recommended plugs and clean the injector.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dadalicious: 9:27am On Apr 06, 2021
Please this is for toyota camry 1999 pencil light.
I dont know where to start.
For P0401 and P0402... I have beem managing it like that.
All those misfires that is what i am really concerned about.
Thanks
Gazzuzz help your boy
Kingreign any advice

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SchoolPedia: 11:01am On Apr 06, 2021
seanfer:

That car is meant to do 11km/L. But if we put into consideration our fuel and that car can’t be in factory level. The worst you should be getting is 7km/l. Scan the car, make sure you’re using the recommended plugs and clean the injector.

I will scan the car and send the codes here.

What's the recommended plugs pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 11:18am On Apr 06, 2021
PLZ I NEED DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HONDA CIVIC 07/08(AMERICAN SPECS) & HONDA CIVIC 07/08 EUROPEAN SPECS.
IN TERMS OF MAINTAINCE .
THEIR PART.
FUEL ECONOMY.
THANKS IN ANTICIPATION
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ekakamba: 12:16pm On Apr 06, 2021
fizcoo20:
PLZ I NEED DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HONDA CIVIC 07/08(AMERICAN SPECS) & HONDA CIVIC 07/08 EUROPEAN SPECS.
IN TERMS OF MAINTAINCE .
THEIR PART.
FUEL ECONOMY.
THANKS IN ANTICIPATION
IN TERMS OF MAINTENANCE: take American
THEIR PART: take American
FUEL ECONOMY: take both.
DESIGN: your choice

American 3 - 1 European grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2021
Ekakamba:
IN TERMS OF MAINTENANCE: take American THEIR PART: take American FUEL ECONOMY: take both. DESIGN: your choice
American 3 - 1 European grin
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jahrule: 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
I don't know if this makes sense:
DMechy:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adetunjioludami(m): 7:26am On Apr 07, 2021
I need Scion xA new Boot. Somebody help!!!!
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SchoolPedia: 9:22am On Apr 07, 2021
seanfer:

Hello boss,

Here is the screen shot of the scan result.

Kindly advise things to do pls.

Many thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 9:31am On Apr 07, 2021
SchoolPedia:

Hello boss,

Many thanks

Start by changing the plugs, and check the coils.. this will surely take care of the misfire..

Cc: Gazzuzz
Kingreign
Your help needed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lmm4real: 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
My pugeot Boxer 2005 dose not start untill it is primed with fuel, any time it gose off it has to be primed before it comes up.

What could be the problem, any one with similar experience? It's a deasle engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
lmm4real:
My pugeot Boxer 2005 dose not start untill it is primed with fuel, any time it gose off it has to be primed before it comes up.

What could be the problem, any one with similar experience? It's a deasle engine

cts related issue. Scan it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45pm On Apr 07, 2021
SchoolPedia:

Hello boss,

Many thanks

SchoolPedia:

Hello boss,

Engine is running cold (no thermostat and fan connected directly ) also multiple misfires .

It's a long road ahead

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lmm4real: 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

cts related issue. Scan it

What's cts, a friend said its injector related. What cts?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SchoolPedia: 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2021
seanfer:

Start by changing the plugs, and check the coils.. this will surely take care of the misfire..

Cc: Gazzuzz
Kingreign
Your help needed

Thanks boss.

I really appreciate
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kunlexbaba45(m): 12:43am On Apr 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Engine is running cold (no thermostat and fan connected directly ) also multiple misfires .

It's a long road ahead
My Honda accord 2004 stop to move when I put the gear on D and trotled. But moves when I put it in reverse. What could be the issue oga Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SchoolPedia: 9:37am On Apr 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

It's a long road ahead

Alright baba.

I will get the car to factory settings.

Many thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by flecho: 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2021
greetings engrs PL my Honda Civic 2008, when warm up is hard or sluggish to accelerate and when dis happens my temperature will begin to rise. if I unplugged my O2 sensor car will hv good acceleration and temperature will not rise.

I hv changed O2 sensor but still same result and no error code no check engine light. kindly assist

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2021
flecho:
greetings engrs PL my Honda Civic 2008, when warm up is hard or sluggish to accelerate and when dis happens my temperature will begin to rise. if I unplugged my O2 sensor car will hv good acceleration and temperature will not rise.

I hv changed O2 sensor but still same result and no error code no check engine light. kindly assist

unplug socket? Is catalytic converter present? If yes , test it to check if it is blocked
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by flecho: 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

unplug socket? Is catalytic converter present? If yes , test it to check if it is blocked
yes sir O2 sensor was unplugged and car acceleration was better and catalyst is present sir, how do we chk if it's blocked 10x
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by searchng4love: 10:44am On Apr 09, 2021
flecho:

yes sir O2 sensor was unplugged and car acceleration was better and catalyst is present sir, how do we chk if it's blocked 10x
blocked converter....panel beater things
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
searchng4love:

blocked converter....panel beater things

I missed you bro

P.s you are the blue guy grin

[img]https://media1./images/0579398ee09fee39f5e2532823fe9d5b/tenor.gif?itemid=14091892[/img]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by stephenponti(m): 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Replace airflow Meter

Replace fuel pump assy

Check for vacuum air leaks intake side

I changed Fuel pump,
There was vacuum leak also from a broken hose, I masked it with insulation tape.
I swapped MAF sensor from someone's car

Problem PERSISTED.

High fuel consumption and black smoke. P0171

I returned the MAF sensor
and bought 02 sensor for Bank 1 sensor 1
I discovered it was the bank 1 producing the black smokes when I checked the plugs.

So as I changed the O2 sensor black smoke stopped, High fuel consumption stopped, P0171 & P0113 disappeared.

Am left with P0300 code.

@GAZZUZZ THANKS
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kunlexbaba45(m): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
stephenponti:

I changed Fuel pump,
There was vacuum leak also from a broken hose, I masked it with insulation tape.
I swapped MAF sensor from someone's car

Problem PERSISTED.

High fuel consumption and black smoke. P0171

I returned the MAF sensor
and bought 02 sensor for Bank 1 sensor 1
I discovered it was the bank 1 producing the black smokes when I checked the plugs.

So as I changed the O2 sensor black smoke stopped, High fuel consumption stopped, P0171 & P0113 disappeared.

Am left with P0300 code.

@GAZZUZZ THANKS
My Honda accord 2004 stop to move when I put the gear on D and trotled. But moves when I put it in reverse. What could be the issue oga Gazzuzz

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Bomaway007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.