Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911213 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:36am On May 07, 2021
uchman:
Good Morning Gazzuz,
Please my 2015 Camry,
on the point of offloading from the container, the shaft pulled, done the replacement but since then, it jerks badly on the 2nd and 3rd gears...

Have the right amount of oil inside?

If yes, then you have a contaminated valve body
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by uchman(m): 8:43am On May 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Please what will be the solution?
Thanks for your time brother...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:06am On May 07, 2021
uchman:

Please what will be the solution?
Thanks for your time brother...

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by philconsultant: 11:24am On May 07, 2021
Campaigns with video pitches raise on average 114% more than campaigns with no video. Which means that it’s a pretty good idea to make a video pitch for your campaign

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Charisma01: 12:40pm On May 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ you just ignored my question & moved on
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:45pm On May 07, 2021
Charisma01:
GAZZUZZ you just ignored my question & moved on

Do you pay subscription for this service? If I missed it post it again.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eddiense: 2:23pm On May 07, 2021
Car 2005 BMW 318
Engine E46 4 plug

GAZZUZZ Help me;

After changing the turtle Atuator the EML light gone and my car still do not accelerate above 30mph.

The car was scanned with lunch device and no code came up.

The car starts at one kick and idles very well. It also drives fine if you do not go above 20mph

Am suspecting the ECU is bad.

cc:
GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rapheal5(m): 3:15pm On May 07, 2021
Good afternoon I would like u to suggest a perfect painter for my corolla bumper and bonnet
GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Charisma01: 3:32pm On May 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Sorry sir

Good afternoon Oga GAZZUZZ, i have a Camry 2004.
When the car is at a stop the AC cools on low, but once taken to level 2 or 3 the ac refuses to cool until it the car is in motion.

Also the engine runs smoothly, but once ac is on the engine feels heavier and drags & the idle is unstable in stop position.
Pls what could be responsible?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DMechy: 5:02pm On May 07, 2021
Charisma01:
Good afternoon Oga GAZZUZZ, i have a Camry 4 cylinder 2004.
When the car is at a stop the AC cools on low, but once taken to level 2 or 3 the ac refuses to cool until it the car is in motion.

Also the engine runs smoothly, but once ac is on the engine feels heavier and drags & the idle is unstable in stop position.

Tune engine.

i.e resolve the rough idle. Plugs, nozzle service, clean throttle body. Of course scan the vehicle.

I want to assume you still have the factory compressor. If it still persist, compressor has low pump pressure. Replace!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DMechy: 5:08pm On May 07, 2021
rapheal5:
Good afternoon I would like u to suggest a perfect painter for my corolla bumper and bonnet

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DMechy: 5:10pm On May 07, 2021
eddiense:
Car 2005 BMW 318
Engine E46 4 plug

GAZZUZZ Help me;

After changing the turtle Atuator the EML light gone and my car still do not accelerate above 30mph.

The car starts at one kick and idles very well. It also drives fine if you do not go above 20mph

cc:
GAZZUZZ

Strange there are no codes.

Why did you change the throttle body.

That suspicion. I beg suffry. Get a second opinion, a new scan.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DMechy: 5:17pm On May 07, 2021
Dahreformer2666:
Good morning Gazzuzz, please what's the recommended engine oil to used for Kia optima Gdi 2013 ? I used to make use of total oil until my mechanic suggest the oil isn't so good, so I recently changed it to visco oil by forte oil

From frying pan to fire.

Mobil. 5w20 or 30
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Charisma01: 5:23pm On May 07, 2021
DMechy:

Tune engine.

i.e resolve the rough idle. Plugs, nozzle service, clean throttle body. Of course scan the vehicle.

I want to assume you still have the factory compressor. If it still persist, compressor has low pump pressure. Replace!
Thanks and yes i still have the factory compressor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 5:28pm On May 07, 2021
Please what best engine oil to use for servicing of kia optima gdi 2013 Please ?

Gazzuz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:58pm On May 07, 2021
eddiense:
Car 2005 BMW 318
Engine E46 4 plug

GAZZUZZ Help me;

cc:
GAZZUZZ

What ecu did you scan
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:00pm On May 07, 2021
Charisma01:

Sorry sir

Good afternoon Oga GAZZUZZ, i have a Camry 2004.

Take a pic of your compressor wiring connections.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:01pm On May 07, 2021
DMechy:

Tune engine.

Charisma01 do not follow this

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2021
Dahreformer2666:
Good morning Gazzuzz, please what's the recommended engine oil to used for Kia optima Gdi 2013 ? I used to make use of total oil until my mechanic suggest the oil isn't so good, so I recently changed it to visco oil by forte oil

How long have you owned the vehicle? How long have you used total? What grade of total oil did you use .

DMechy:

From frying pan to fire.

Mobil. 5w20 or 30

Ignore this

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:14pm On May 07, 2021

@dmechy kindly open a thread with a suitable title to respond to vehicle issues. Most people do take suggestions here very seriously and might instantly carry them out without checking who posted.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zabimaru: 7:23pm On May 07, 2021
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=101463213]

[/quote

hahahahahahaha, baba gee leeeeee
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rapheal5(m): 8:29pm On May 07, 2021
Abeokuta but I'm ready to come to lagos
DMechy:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DMechy: 8:36pm On May 07, 2021
rapheal5:
Abeokuta but I'm ready to come to lagos

There are good painters in Abeokuta. Visit any, look at finished jobs. Shuddy jobs are hard to conceal.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rapheal5(m): 8:41pm On May 07, 2021
Ok can u help me with 1 or 2 places
DMechy:

There are good painters in Abeokuta. Visit any, look at finished jobs. Shuddy jobs are hard to conceal.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rapheal5(m): 8:42pm On May 07, 2021
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eddiense: 8:46pm On May 07, 2021
DMechy:

Strange there are no codes.

Why did you change the throttle body.

That suspicion. I beg suffry. Get a second opinion, a new scan.

It Had the EML light on permanent and brought up code for throttle actuator. That's why it was changed.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eddiense: 8:48pm On May 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

What ecu did you scan
The ECU in the car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DMechy: 9:09pm On May 07, 2021
rapheal5:
Ok can u help me with 1 or 2 places

08134391702 Call him.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rapheal5(m): 9:13pm On May 07, 2021
Ok thanks
DMechy:

08134391702 Call him.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:06pm On May 07, 2021
eddiense:

The ECU in the car.

Engine? Transmission? Abs?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 10:11pm On May 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

How long have you owned the vehicle? How long have you used total? What grade of total oil did you use .

Ignore this

Okay, have been using the car for like 9 months now, even though I had to change half of the engine because of bad crankshaft and tilerod or so, but since I changed the engine have using total 20w_50 but my mechanical recently introduced me to Visco oil by fote, so have been using it but I'm kinda scared
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2021
Dahreformer2666:

Okay, have been using the car for like 9 months now, even though I had to change half of the engine because of bad crankshaft and tilerod or so, but since I changed the engine have using total 20w_50 but my mechanical recently introduced me to Visco oil by fote, so have been using it but I'm kinda scared

Difficult to tell you what to do, switching back from mineral to synthetic oils have been known to cause undesirable results like smoking, and oil burn.

I will however suggest a gradual switch using Mobil super 5w40 . Oil changes at 3000miles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.