Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911145 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ksmart027(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2021
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 8:18am On May 02, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Seems pretty straightforward. Avoid using that gate. Park outside.

Ha ha ha ha . Sarcasm at it's finest
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by femi9naija(m): 11:19am On May 02, 2021
Good morning oga Gazzuzz. What's the best oil to use for the first time oil change for a 2003 Toyota corolla altis with 3zz-fe VVTi engin? Attached is the manual recommended oil type for different temperatures

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:37pm On May 02, 2021
femi9naija:
Good morning oga Gazzuzz. What's the best oil to use for the first time oil change for a 2003 Toyota corolla altis with 3zz-fe VVTi engin? Attached is the manual recommended oil type for different temperatures

I cannot respond without having a service history. This vehicle was not used in the USA so common sense must apply not assumptions
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mutemenot(m): 6:39pm On May 03, 2021
Oga Gazzuzz, I encountered 5 hours traffic jam last week, infact at a point I spent over an hour without moving .. My AC was on as the weather wasn't friendly, at a point I discovered my car temperature was going high. I had to off the engine and AC, it normalized .. so later I realized one of my fan stopped working and the coolant reduced...
Now my fan has been restored, I discovered there's a little bubbling in the coolant once I start the Engine.. Pls, could this be burnt gasket or is there any possible cause ? Is it safe 5o use the car ? If it's top gasket, is 2AZ Engine safe when replaced with a new gasket? Thanks in advance

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2021
Mutemenot:
Oga Gazzuzz, I encountered 5 hours traffic jam last week, infact at a point I spent over an hour without moving .. My AC was on as the weather wasn't friendly, at a point I discovered my car temperature was going high. I had to off the engine and AC, it normalized .. so later I realized one of my fan stopped working and the coolant reduced...
Now my fan has been restored, I discovered there's a little bubbling in the coolant once I start the Engine.. Pls, could this be burnt gasket or is there any possible cause ? Is it safe 5o use the car ? If it's top gasket, is 2AZ Engine safe when replaced with a new gasket? Thanks in advance

If you have consistent bubbles in radiator when cover is open, it is very likely you have a blown gasket.

Do you have a history of head gasket change?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mutemenot(m): 7:42pm On May 03, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

If you have consistent bubbles in radiator when cover is open, it is very likely you have a blown gasket.

Never been changed, just curious if the engine 'll remain the same after the changing it..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mutemenot(m): 7:50pm On May 03, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Never been changed, just curious if the engine 'll remain the same after the changing
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mutemenot(m): 7:37am On May 04, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

No, I haven't done any repair in the engine ...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 10:14am On May 04, 2021
There is this loud noise that comes from my car every morning I start the car..... it sound like a whistle noise and the engine too later after a min or two it will reduced and died off... called a mechanic he tried to get where the noise was coming from and said it’s probably from the compressor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:26am On May 04, 2021
bastien:
There is this loud noise that comes from my car every morning I start the car..... it sound like a whistle noise and the engine too later after a min or two it will reduced and died off... called a mechanic he tried to get where the noise was coming from and said it’s probably from the compressor

Car has a name?

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2021
bastien:

It's normal with 1981 Lada VAZ 2015S sedan.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 11:28am On May 04, 2021
kingreign:

That was harsh.
I'm sure it's a Rolls Royce GHOST

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 12:02pm On May 04, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Car has a name?
sorry sir forgot to add a name

Camry 09
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 12:03pm On May 04, 2021
kingreign:

Abeg pity me na.... na expenses wey I wan spend make me rush dey type without adding the car model
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:48pm On May 04, 2021
bastien:
sorry sir forgot to add a name

Camry 09

If vehicle was European , I would have suggested the secondary air injection pump. But a Camry 2009 V6 or 4cylinder , does not have such function .

Sorry remote diagnosis not possible .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Charisma01: 2:06pm On May 04, 2021
Good afternoon Oga GAZZUZZ, i have a Camry 2004.
When the car is at a stop the AC cools on low, but once taken to level 2 or 3 the ac refuses to cool until it the car is in motion.

Also the engine runs smoothly, but once ac is on the engine feels heavier and drags & the idle is unstable in stop position.
Pls what could be responsible?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Charisma01: 2:07pm On May 04, 2021
Good afternoon Oga GAZZUZZ, i have a Camry 4 cylinder 2004.
When the car is at a stop the AC cools on low, but once taken to level 2 or 3 the ac refuses to cool until it the car is in motion.

Also the engine runs smoothly, but once ac is on the engine feels heavier and drags & the idle is unstable in stop position.
Pls what could be responsible?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 4:34pm On May 04, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

If vehicle was European , I would have suggested the secondary air injection pump. But a Camry 2009 V6 or 4cylinder , does not have such function .

Sorry remote diagnosis not possible .
thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 1:25am On May 06, 2021
Please, I need expert opinion on my kia optima gdi model 2013, I noticed recently whenever I'm in a motion, the car would do as if it want to stop but it won't, and I don't know what might be the cause
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by molybdenum0012: 5:02am On May 06, 2021
Please I need your expert opinion. I got a Toyota 2005 from thr US recently and discover that the 4 Tyres are too small. 195/60R15, so each time I drive pass a bumpy road it scratched the ground.

Now I want to make a choice between getting a new Tyres, but unsure about the right size to go for that will not present a problem to the car. 195/65R15 is the standard Tyre size written on the manual, but someone suggests I go for 205/70R15 to achieve more clearance ground. While some other says I should have my car lifted up and then put the standard size, that it will be okay.

What's your suggestion sir? Should I go for 195/65R15, the standard size or 205/70R15 the higher one.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 6:25am On May 06, 2021
molybdenum0012:
Please I need your expert opinion. I got a Toyota 2005 from thr US recently and discover that the 4 Tyres are too small. 195/60R15, so each time I drive pass a bumpy road it scratched the ground.

Now I want to make a choice between getting a new Tyres, but unsure about the right size to go for that will not present a problem to the car. 195/65R15 is the standard Tyre size written on the manual, but someone suggests I go for 205/70R15 to achieve more clearance ground. While some other says I should have my car lifted up and then put the standard size, that it will be okay.

What's your suggestion sir? Should I go for 195/65R15, the standard size or 205/70R15 the higher one.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:47am On May 06, 2021
molybdenum0012:

Thanks

vehicle has a name?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by molybdenum0012: 7:53am On May 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

vehicle has a name?

Sorry, Toyota corolla 2005 model.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:06am On May 06, 2021
molybdenum0012:

Sorry, Toyota corolla 2005 model.

If you are an uber driver 195/70/15 or 205/70/15.

If you are not 195/65/15.

Don't ask me why, I will not respond
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by molybdenum0012: 11:55am On May 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

If you are an uber driver 195/70/15 or 205/70/15.

If you are not 195/65/15.

Don't ask me why, I will not respond

Thanks for this. My mechanic was telling me to get 195/65R15. Since I am using it for Uber, I will go for 195/70 as you have advised.

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 12:59am On May 07, 2021
Good morning Gazzuzz, please what's the recommended engine oil to used for Kia optima Gdi 2013 ? I used to make use of total oil until my mechanic suggest the oil isn't so good, so I recently changed it to visco oil by forte oil
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingspraiz: 6:39am On May 07, 2021
Good Morning, My Kia Rio 06 goes off after some minutes of driving, it starts and goes off again after some moments unless I leave it to really cool down. This started some weeks after I change the gear box. I got this code after scanning, P0708 & P1709. Kindly assist.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:48am On May 07, 2021
Kingspraiz:
Good Morning, My Kia Rio 06 goes off after some minutes of driving, it starts and goes off again after some moments unless I leave it to really cool down. This started some weeks after I change the gear box. I got this code after scanning, P0708 & P1709 . Kindly assist.

Faulty range switch, has nothing to do with the codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingspraiz: 8:08am On May 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Please what's Faulty range switch and what do you think is happening to the car because I'm sick of it.

Faulty range switch, has nothing to do with the codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by uchman(m): 8:21am On May 07, 2021
Good Morning Gazzuz,
Please my 2015 Camry,
on the point of offloading from the container, the shaft pulled, done the replacement but since then, it jerks badly on the 2nd and 3rd gears...

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.