Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912646 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kunlexbaba45(m): 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

The 2 times I came across that code, I replaced the gearbox jeje
Evening oga Gazzuzz, please what's the best transmission oil for honda EOD 2005.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DMechy: 5:51am On Apr 27, 2021
drakeskull:

Read on forums there's a recall by Toyota for that. Solution is software update or replacement of the transmission torque converter of update doesn't resolve it

Software update is a vague word, easy to use to describe any repair they dont want to disclose because of outcry.

Have you scanned the transmission. What codes do you have?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Fidex001(m): 6:30am On Apr 27, 2021
Have you ever wondered how you can identify fake custom papers?

All you need to check is what we call “CUSTOMS REFERENCE NUMBER“ or C-Number on your SGD form "Single Goods Declaration Form".

How To Verify And Rectify Your Custom Duty Papers
As we all know, Nigeria Customs recently set a deadline for offenders to pay outstanding import duties on their cars.

Have you ever wondered how you can identify fake Customs' papers?

All you need to check is what we call “CUSTOMS REFERENCE NUMBER“  or C-Number on your SGD Form - "Single Goods Declaration Form".

This particular number is actually used to input details of your vehicle and payment of duty into the customs’ database. It shows information like the Consignee info (agency handling your job), the means of entry (road for vehicles through land borders and ports for sea), office of entry (Idiroko Customs Command or TIN-CAN PORT), location of vehicle and place of discharge (Idiroko Border, Seme Border, Tin-Can), name and address of person/persons responsible for financial settlement (the owner of the vehicle) etc.

What fraudulent dealers do is called MO or Machined Outside - This is a process where a forger forges the bank receipts and all customs documentation. The documents look genuine but are not in the customs data base. It is a giant syndicate at the ports and borders because the vehicles are ultimately smuggled out of the Ports or Borders with the connivance of fraudulent Customs Officials.

At the top right hand corner of your document is a very bold set of numbers. This is the “C”-Number. You can not miss it because it is bold and prominent. Underneath it is a date. That date is to reflect the date duty was paid at the bank and stored in the customs ASSYCUDA data base. ASSYCUDA means “automated system customs data”. And the date under the C number means that that C-Number was computed into the data system on that date plus all the charges paid. If the payment reflects on the data base it means your documents are genuine. On the other hand if it does not reflect it means your car documents are duds/fake and your vehicle is liable to seizure and confiscation if you are stopped at any check point or if you are on a long distance journey.

My advise to any one buying a car from anybody is to request for the relevant documents in particular the SGD form which means “Single Goods Declaration Form” and has the C-Number boldly written at the top right hand corner. Under the C-Number is the date that document was posted into the data system.

No two vehicles can have the same C-Number and date. So armed with this you can visit any customs station to know if your documents are genuine.

With some cotonou smuggled cars showing up on our streets with forged documents as Lagos cleared cars and vehicles been machined out of the ports, this is a stress-free method of verifying your papers.

I am making this post for verification of Customs Papers (Duty Payment/ C-Numbers) from the following points of entry :–

1. Lagos Port (Tincan, PTML, Apapa)
2. Onne Port
3. Idiroko

All you need to do is supply your name, address, VIN and the C-number of the vehicle and we run checks on it.

For more information, kindly contact
PISTIS CONNECT VENTURES through the following links below-:

Mobile – 08103884330

E-mail – pistis_connect@mail.com or fidenki1429@gmail.com

Whatsapp – 08103884330

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:45am On Apr 27, 2021
[s]
Fidex001:
Have you ever wondered how you can identify fake custom papers?

All you need to check is what we call “CUSTOMS REFERENCE NUMBER“ or C-Number on your SGD form "Single Goods Declaration Form".

How To Verify And Rectify Your Custom Duty Papers
As we all know, Nigeria Customs recently set a deadline for offenders to pay outstanding import duties on their cars.

Have you ever wondered how you can identify fake Customs' papers?

All you need to check is what we call “CUSTOMS REFERENCE NUMBER“  or C-Number on your SGD Form - "Single Goods Declaration Form".

This particular number is actually used to input details of your vehicle and payment of duty into the customs’ database. It shows information like the Consignee info (agency handling your job), the means of entry (road for vehicles through land borders and ports for sea), office of entry (Idiroko Customs Command or TIN-CAN PORT), location of vehicle and place of discharge (Idiroko Border, Seme Border, Tin-Can), name and address of person/persons responsible for financial settlement (the owner of the vehicle) etc.

What fraudulent dealers do is called MO or Machined Outside - This is a process where a forger forges the bank receipts and all customs documentation. The documents look genuine but are not in the customs data base. It is a giant syndicate at the ports and borders because the vehicles are ultimately smuggled out of the Ports or Borders with the connivance of fraudulent Customs Officials.

At the top right hand corner of your document is a very bold set of numbers. This is the “C”-Number. You can not miss it because it is bold and prominent. Underneath it is a date. That date is to reflect the date duty was paid at the bank and stored in the customs ASSYCUDA data base. ASSYCUDA means “automated system customs data”. And the date under the C number means that that C-Number was computed into the data system on that date plus all the charges paid. If the payment reflects on the data base it means your documents are genuine. On the other hand if it does not reflect it means your car documents are duds/fake and your vehicle is liable to seizure and confiscation if you are stopped at any check point or if you are on a long distance journey.

My advise to any one buying a car from anybody is to request for the relevant documents in particular the SGD form which means “Single Goods Declaration Form” and has the C-Number boldly written at the top right hand corner. Under the C-Number is the date that document was posted into the data system.

No two vehicles can have the same C-Number and date. So armed with this you can visit any customs station to know if your documents are genuine.

With some cotonou smuggled cars showing up on our streets with forged documents as Lagos cleared cars and vehicles been machined out of the ports, this is a stress-free method of verifying your papers.

I am making this post for verification of Customs Papers (Duty Payment/ C-Numbers) from the following points of entry :–

1. Lagos Port (Tincan, PTML, Apapa)
2. Onne Port
3. Idiroko

All you need to do is supply your name, address, VIN and the C-number of the vehicle and we run checks on it.

For more information, kindly contact
PISTIS CONNECT VENTURES through the following links below-:

Mobile – 08103884330

E-mail – pistis_connect@mail.com or fidenki1429@gmail.com

Whatsapp – 08103884330

[/s]

This is car talk, adverts are not posted here.

The general public should apply due diligence if they go on to transact with this individual as i do not know him .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ogunyale(m): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2021
great forum,
Please what is the implication of missing catalystic converter toyota matrix car?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
ogunyale:
great forum,
Please what is the implication of missing catalystic converter toyota matrix car?

Louder exhaust sound.. Me like it grin

Higher environmental harmful gas pollution

Slightly more fuel consumption

Pesky check engine Light

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olenyi: 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
ogunyale:
great forum,

Visit the below link to solve the problem at a cheap rate.

https://www.nairaland.com/6280487/catalytic-converter-problems-cheap-solution

Warm regards
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HottieCoach(f): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
ogunyale:
great forum,

You should see this
https://www.nairaland.com/6463147/why-cars-catalytic-converter-very
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SaRoofingscoy: 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2021
Dear Engineer in the house,

One of my Toyota corolla 2004. Is have issues selecting gear 2 or 1 I don't know, but other numbers is running good; But pickup gear is slow to select.

Any engineer around Ajah axis who can fix that
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by donuba61: 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2021
Good day Gazzuzz and other car gurus. Please you people should come to my aid. Am experiencing persistent over heating in my Honda civic 2008. My mechanic said I should change the top cylinder that is like it bad. I met another mechanic who said that I should change my radiator to a new one double cell. He said that if it the top cylinder, that the car will be doing hard starting. Please my ogas, which should I do. The car movement is very OK and there is no leakage from the radiator.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2021
donuba61:
Good day Gazzuzz and other car gurus. Please you people should come to my aid. Am experiencing persistent over heating in my Honda civic 2008. My mechanic said I should change the top cylinder that is like it bad. I met another mechanic who said that I should change my radiator to a new one double cell. He said that if it the top cylinder, that the car will be doing hard starting. Please my ogas, which should I do. The car movement is very OK and there is no leakage from the radiator.

1st of all check your fans to be sure they are working perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by donuba61: 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2021
obidevine:

1st of all check your fans to be sure they are working perfectly.
The direction of the fans are ok
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 6:10pm On Apr 29, 2021
donuba61:

The direction of the fans are ok

Ok
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kamal0705: 7:29am On Apr 30, 2021
Nice information sir but I think for making slots,keyways and also gears in a car must we use milling machine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 6:21am On May 01, 2021
Good morning all wonderful ppl pls am trying to decide if I should get a Nissan Maxima automatic 2001 model tokunbo PL wat is ur advice. 10x

Cc Gazzuzz, Nurey, radautoworks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kewtt: 7:35am On May 01, 2021
Slickleo:
Good morning all wonderful ppl pls am trying to decide if I should get a Nissan Maxima automatic 2001 model tokunbo PL wat is ur advice. 10x

Cc Gazzuzz, Nurey, raddgautoworks
It's a very good car. What other options are available?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HottieCoach(f): 8:09am On May 01, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6491031/preorder-vehicle-parts-tools-much

We source car parts locally now.
Do send us a message on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by idmoore(m): 10:06am On May 01, 2021
A VW Passat cc 2015 model engine just stop when I was about to park into my compound after several waka.

The car has being abandoned for a year but overhaul was done early this week.

I changed the followings:
Fuel pump and it assembly.
Oil filter
Spark plugs
Air filter
Fuel control unit
Engine oil
Buzzer horn
Instrument cluster
Coding of the Cluster

I tried to start the engine multiple times, engine starts and off back immediately.
As at this morning, the engine is just cracking not starting.

What could be the problem again.
@Gazzuzz @Nurey @Sienna @Raduauto
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:18am On May 01, 2021
idmoore:
A VW Passat cc 2015 model engine just stop when I was about to park into my compound after several waka.

The car has being abandoned for a year but overhaul was done early this week.

I changed the followings:
Fuel pump and it assembly.
Oil filter
Spark plugs
Air filter
Fuel control unit
Engine oil
Buzzer horn
Instrument cluster
Coding of the Cluster

I tried to start the engine multiple times, engine starts and off back immediately.
As at this morning, the engine is just cracking not starting.

What could be the problem again.
@Gazzuzz @Nurey @Sienna @Raduauto

When the overhaul was done, did it work?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by idmoore(m): 2:40pm On May 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

@Gazzuzz
Yes it worked, I drove from Mile 2 to Maryland, from Maryland to Alapere, from Alapere to Ikorodu.

I still went to a few places within Ikorodu, till I got home around 12 midnight lastnight.

It was lastnight and I was about entering my gate the engine stopped and I tried to start it again, it will start and off immediately.
Now this morning, just cranking no starting.

So, it worked, well with AC and full operation as at yesterday afternoon till midnight.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by idmoore(m): 2:46pm On May 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

@Gazzuzz
Yes it worked, I drove from Mile 2 to Maryland, from Maryland to Alapere, from Alapere to Ikorodu.

I still went to a few places within Ikorodu, till I got home around 12 midnight lastnight.

It was lastnight and I was about entering my gate the engine stopped and I tried to start it again, it will start and off immediately.

So, it worked, well with AC and full operation as at yesterday afternoon till midnight.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:59pm On May 01, 2021
idmoore:

@Gazzuzz

Seems pretty straightforward. Avoid using that gate. Park outside.

8 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by idmoore(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2021
LolZzz..

@Gazzuzz, abeg no make me laff.

Abeg wetin fit do this car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by idmoore(m): 3:16pm On May 01, 2021
@Gazzuzz

I no fit park the car outside, Moreso na official car.
Though the Mechanic is on it way, but I was just worried what could be wrong with the car, having changed those components.

I perceived the fault is still from the fuel line...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:13pm On May 01, 2021
idmoore:
@Gazzuzz

I no fit park the car outside, Moreso na official car.
Though the Mechanic is on it way, but I was just worried what could be wrong with the car, having changed those components.

I perceived the fault is still from the fuel line...

possibly vehicle out of fuel
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by idmoore(m): 5:27pm On May 01, 2021
LolZz...
Out of fuel...ke?
The Stallion guy, Technician is here and he confirmed the fuel control module is fault.
I wonder while a new fuel Co trol module will go bad.
Though, his changing ni Sha... and will later diagnose the car. He assured it it will be fine.

Volkswagen.... Lovely drive but the wahala.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:22pm On May 01, 2021
idmoore:
LolZz...
Out of fuel...ke?
The Stallion guy, Technician is here and he confirmed the fuel control module is fault.
I wonder while a new fuel Co trol module will go bad.
Though, his changing ni Sha... and will later diagnose the car. He assured it it will be fine.

Volkswagen.... Lovely drive but the wahala.

I wanted to say something but..... Congrats solution found

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by idmoore(m): 7:55pm On May 01, 2021
� � �
@Gazzuzz I no say you wan use me do yeye.. But no wahala.
The Car is drives so smooth and fast.

I can tell you, my 2015 Passat Cc drives so smooth than the Benz GL 550.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drakeskull(m): 7:56pm On May 01, 2021
Slickleo:

Cc Gazzuzz, Nurey, radautoworks

3.5L engine, fuel guzzler but fast
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Numberz(m): 9:05pm On May 01, 2021
[quote author=ssppen post=100975139]
Please how much did you get yours? Thanks in advance [/quo

60k...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 9:07pm On May 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Sir, half and top Toyota 2AZ engine, how much can I get it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kewtt: 9:11pm On May 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Seems pretty straightforward. Avoid using that gate. Park outside.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.