Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914503 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2021
Shanid:

Thank you so much sir, but are you suggesting I ring it ?

Don't get any false hopes. Replace the engine

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Shanid(m): 6:57am On Aug 23, 2021
classact4real:

Not only ringing it, change the valve seal also and also check if the gasket is bad,it might need changing too
okay, thank you for this sir..the mechanic said the gasket is bad and that's why it's overheating.BUT DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA HOW MUCH THIS WILL COST? I MEAN CHANGINGING THE VALVE SEAL AND GASKET
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Shanid(m): 6:57am On Aug 23, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Don't get any false hopes. Replace the engine
Alright then
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluayebenz: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2021
Shanid:
okay, thank you for this sir..the mechanic said the gasket is bad and that's why it's overheating.BUT DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA HOW MUCH THIS WILL COST? I MEAN CHANGINGING THE VALVE SEAL AND GASKET

Baba
Just change that engine.... or else hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 10:18am On Aug 23, 2021
Shanid:

Thank you so much sir, but are you suggesting I ring it ?

Ringing a vehicle may just be a temporary solution. Try and save up and get a tokunbo engine. Make sure it's toks. You will then really enjoy the ride.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ikdaddy01(m): 10:29am On Aug 23, 2021
So this Kazeem was pouring this 4 litter unbranded Transmission Oil into this 2009 Camry. I was just imagining what damage it might cause to the unsuspecting car and its owner.
Please stop patronizing quacks ohhh.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 10:33am On Aug 23, 2021
ikdaddy01:
So this Kazeem was pouring this 4 litter unbranded Transmission Oil into this 2009 Camry. I was just imagining what damage it might cause to the unsuspecting car and its owner.
Please stop patronizing quacks ohhh.
he might just be lucky
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2021
Please, I'm here again ooo, okay, I discovered one of my tire is getting bad and told mechanic about it, he said I need to buy Tire for the car, the car is kia optima 2013 the factory type that come with the tire is
225/45R18 and he said I should change it to something bigger to help the height of the car, please I nedd urgent help if I should get a different type like he suggested or I should stick the regular type that come with the car ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EoaStudios: 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2021
Good day all...
My Honda Civic 2007 revs on its own either when I am slowing down or when it's ideal

What could be the possible cause and how do I go about fixing it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2021
Please gurus in the house . Kindly look at the portion where the red arrow is. I'd like someone to tell me the exact name of that thing that the red arrow is pointing to.

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2021
Please gurus in the house . Kindly look at the portion where the red arrow is. I'd like someone to tell me the exact name of that thing that the red arrow is pointing to.

The whole thing is called a steering column but what is the name of that component with the red arrow

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wizzle772: 12:17am On Aug 26, 2021
Good evening everyone, please am having issues with my Honda Civic 2007, anytime I engage the gear to reverse mostly it delays like 10 seconds to engage, and ones it engages it jerks, have gone to scan it and it's bring out just P0747 only and I have tried many solenoid and still the same thing, have even change the 2 solenoid and still the same issue and also the the drive light blinks sometimes. Please someone should help me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wizzle772: 12:25am On Aug 26, 2021
Good evening everyone, please am having issues with my Honda Civic 2007, anytime I engage the gear to reverse mostly it delays like 10 seconds to engage, and ones it engages it jerks, have gone to scan it and it's bring out just P0747 only and I have tried many solenoid and still the same thing, have even change the 2 solenoid and still the same issue and also the the drive light blinks sometimes. Please someone should help me. Mechanic have change my gear oil like 4 months ago, I don't really know the gear oil he used, and the car has been working well since 4 month ago not until last month I started having this issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 6:13am On Aug 26, 2021
wizzle772:
Good evening everyone, please am having issues with my Honda Civic 2007, anytime I engage the gear to reverse mostly it delays like 10 seconds to engage, and ones it engages it jerks, have gone to scan it and it's bring out just P0747 only and I have tried many solenoid and still the same thing, have even change the 2 solenoid and still the same issue and also the the drive light blinks sometimes. Please someone should help me. Mechanic have change my gear oil like 4 months ago, I don't really know the gear oil he used, and the car has been working well since 4 month ago not until last month I started having this issue.
be saving for a new gear gradually
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slowice(m): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2021
Going for servicing for my honda accord, which engine oil with good quality and price should I go for sir. I need advice.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2021
slowice:
Going for servicing for my honda accord, which engine oil with good quality and price should I go for sir. I need advice.
what have you been using before? What is your present mileage? Help us to help you.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 9:57am On Aug 26, 2021
obidevine:

The whole thing is called a steering column but what is the name of that component with the red arrow

Any response to this.? Good morning all
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slowice(m): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2021
nymphomaniac:
what have you been using before? What is your present mileage? Help us to help you.

Been using mobile which is now expensive. Mileage is 170150
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 10:43am On Aug 26, 2021
slowice:

Been using mobile which is now expensive. Mileage is 170150

Use Genuine Honda 5W30
You will require 5 cans
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slowice(m): 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2021
Structuralman:

Use Genuine Honda 5W30
You will require 5 cans

Is it a one litre can? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2021
slowice:

It's 1 US QT or 946ml. (Almost a litre)

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:17pm On Aug 26, 2021
wizzle772:
Good evening everyone, please am having issues with my Honda Civic 2007, anytime I engage the gear to reverse mostly it delays like 10 seconds to engage, and ones it engages it jerks, have gone to scan it and it's bring out just P0747 only and I have tried many solenoid and still the same thing, have even change the 2 solenoid and still the same issue and also the the drive light blinks sometimes. Please someone should help me.

Replace transmission
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emma1st(m): 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2021
I have automatic Toyota Hiace Hummer Bus with 2TR engine.
People advice me to buy another gear so that the one I'm using currently will not spoil the engine.
What happen is that, the gear will select from 1 to 3 with ease then take a longer time before entering gear 4 and 5 causing over heating also consuming more fuel.
Please I need the current price for the gear or if there's any other useful solution, I will like to do it.
Thanks in advance as I'm waiting for the gurus in the house for their advice.
classact4real:

Not only ringing it, change the valve seal also and also check if the gasket is bad,it might need changing too
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2021
emma1st:
I have automatic Toyota Hiace Hummer Bus with 2TR engine.
People advice me to buy another gear so that the one I'm using currently will not spoil the engine.
What happen is that, the gear will select from 1 to 3 with ease then take a longer time before entering gear 4 and 5 causing over heating also consuming more fuel.
Please I need the current price for the gear or if there's any other useful solution, I will like to do it.
Thanks in advance as I'm waiting for the gurus in the house for their advice.

scan the bus
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emma1st(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

scan the bus

Where can I do the scanning sir?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Burchester: 9:53pm On Aug 26, 2021
P0302 Cylinder 2 misfire detected in Honda accord 2010
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
emma1st:

Where can I do the scanning sir?

A good mechanic should have the scanning tool.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alphil: 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2021
Good evening the car experts in the house! Can someone recommend me a very good Honda mechanic in Abuja? Thanks. ~Philip
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2021
Alphil:
Good evening the car experts in the house!
Can someone recommend me a very good Honda mechanic in Abuja?
Thanks.
~Philip

Contact @kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 4:38am On Aug 27, 2021
slowice:

Pls do not take that advice.
Can you send a pic of the mobil oil you were using before?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 5:56am On Aug 27, 2021
Alphil:
Good evening the car experts in the house!
Can someone recommend me a very good Honda mechanic in Abuja?
Thanks.
~Philip
Good morning, 07034581213
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 7:42am On Aug 27, 2021
slowice:

olumzzz:

Pls do not take that advice.
Can you send a pic of the mobil oil you were using before?

@slowice: Your car is a Honda. Your car manual specifies what I recommended. In the market you may get a gallon (about 5 litres) or small cans (ie 946ml). It's available at Oyinbo market, Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.