Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922164 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by swagdopey: 12:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
Good afternoon sir, pls I have an issue with my Toyota camry 2002model,i noticed that the oil does not last up to 2months after changing, it's always very low after a month no sign of leakage and I barely drive up to 2000miles.pks what could be d cause of d problem, and what power steering oil and At is appropriate for my Toyota camry. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
swagdopey:
Good afternoon sir, pls I have an issue with my Toyota camry 2002model,i noticed that the oil does not last up to 2months after changing, it's always very low after a month no sign of leakage and I barely drive up to 2000miles.pks what could be d cause of d problem, and what power steering oil and At is appropriate for my Toyota camry. Thanks

what engine oil do you use?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by swagdopey: 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

what engine oil do you use?

Mobil oil 5w30 I use just 4litres when changing it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by apexquest(m): 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
Waspy:
@GAZZUZZ , pls, I need ur help. I usually have trouble starting my Primera 99 P11 only in the mornings. It just wouldn't start. I ve called my auto electrician to check it but he told me I'm not turning the ignition very well as the battery and every other thing seems fine, yet the problem persists. A friend advised me to depress my accelerator twice before turning the ignition switch and this seems to work. Pls what might probably be wrong ?
i have been experiencing that same exact issue on my p11, 1997. i couldn't scan cos my port seems to be obd1. Mechanic says its bad fuel, but i don't think so. gazzuzz is most likely right. its likely going to be temp sensor of the coolant, in my opinion. otherwise, why is it that the issue only comes up when the engine has been run, but doesn't happen when engine is cold like in the early mornings.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
swagdopey:

Mobil oil 5w30 I use just 4litres when changing it.

try 10W40 or 5w40 it comes in total quartz 9000.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Waspy(m): 8:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
apexquest:

i have been experiencing that same exact issue on my p11, 1997. i couldn't scan cos my port seems to be obd1. Mechanic says its bad fuel, but i don't think so. gazzuzz is most likely right. its likely going to be temp sensor of the coolant, in my opinion. otherwise, why is it that the issue only comes up when the engine has been run, but doesn't happen when engine is cold like in the early mornings.
Conversely, mine occurs only in the mornings. Once I get it running, then it is good for the whole day. A roadside mech asked me to change my plugs but I'm yet to consider it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Belvinho(m): 9:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hello Gazzuzz, Livinhubby

I really need your expertise on this matter. The issue I'm batteling is one that reocurred. My mechanic replaced the Dual Linear Solenoid (Flat Switch) of my transmission about 2 weeks ago. Prior to this, my gear wasn't changing appropriately. 2 days ago, I noticed leaks coming out of the
transmission and took the car back to the Mechanic to get it checked out. He noticed that the leaks were coming from the flat switch whgich was replaced.

Upon, sealing the leak, I left the workshop and barely 5 minutes later, my car refused to engage the second gear. Right now my mechanic is telling me that the switch hardly goes bad and he is very sure of the quality of the switch (Solenoid) that he purchased and my best bid right now will be to replace the transmission.

Attached is a picture of the solenoid which I think is responsible for this issue.

Thank you for your anticipated response.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
I need a/f sensor in owerri, part no 234-9041 or 234-9010. 03 Camry urgently
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
please someone help me, I need this. fuel consumption is something else... urgent
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by femi9naija(m): 8:27am On Apr 04, 2016
What automatic transmission fluid can i use to service my mum's Nissan Altima 1998/99 model? Noticed the gear oil level is low
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Experience4u(m): 9:27am On Apr 04, 2016
Pls help me on this, my Toyota rav4 2004 flashes all the lights on my dash board if I want to start the car and makes a clicking sound. Pls what could be the cause
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:55am On Apr 05, 2016
Experience4u:
Pls help me on this, my Toyota rav4 2004 flashes all the lights on my dash board if I want to start the car and makes a clicking sound. Pls what could be the cause

your location location location?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Experience4u(m): 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
Enugu is my location
kingreign:

your location location location?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 5:35am On Apr 07, 2016
Experience4u:
Enugu is my location
i advice you run a scan if your abs/vsc/check engine light is on and flashing. Then post the codes here.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tojahh(m): 11:35am On Apr 07, 2016
@Gazzuzz, Kingrien, Siena and all the bosses

please I have a 1996 Toyota Camry which will not select gear when driving. when driving with D its just remain there thus hindering my acceleration and burdening my engine.

Kashim said it needs to be serviced. but a friend told me that Gear Box can not be serviced as, once bad, you replace. please help me abeg na my first car i no too get experience
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
tojahh:

please I have a 1996 Toyota Camry which will not select gear when driving. when driving with D its just remain there thus hindering my acceleration and burdening my engine.

Kashim said it needs to be serviced. but a friend told me that Gear Box can not be serviced as, once bad, you replace. please help me abeg na my first car i no too get experience

Check if your speedometer works while driving.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tojahh(m): 5:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Check if your speedometer works while driving.

Yes boss, its reading when accelerating. Even the temperature works too, fuel gauge etc
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
tojahh:

where is the location of this vehicle?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tojahh(m): 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

where is the location of this vehicle?
Abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
tojahh:

Abuja

kingreign will help fix this vehicle, just wait a few mins he will be here
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tojahh(m): 12:16am On Apr 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

kingreign will help fix this vehicle, just wait a few mins he will be here
thanks bro. Thanks. I am waiting Sir, Mazi Kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Homguy(m): 7:48am On Apr 08, 2016
Morning Gazzuzz, kingreign, ikenna , nissparts, angels09 and all my esteemed car gurus. Please help make a decision as regards these offers.
https://www.nairaland.com/3036192/used-honda-accord-babyboy-sale.

A 2000 nissan altima for around the same price see pics attached. I4, and all other normal peripherals are okay in both. Except the honda has no needs Ac to be worked on.

Waiting for your inputs.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26am On Apr 08, 2016
Homguy:
Morning Gazzuzz, kingreign, ikenna , nissparts, angel09 and all my esteemed car gurus. Please help make a decision as regards these offers.

A 2000 nissan altima for around the same price see pics attached. I4, and all other normal peripherals are okay in both. Except the honda has no needs Ac to be worked on.

Waiting for your inputs.

nissan not very friendly when it comes to parts and 2nd hand value. Will rather opt for the honda if it is rust free, good electrical wiring, good engine and transmission, clean interior.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by marshalcarter: 8:30am On Apr 08, 2016
Baba God...bikonu ans ma call ooo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 11:43am On Apr 08, 2016
tojahh:

Good morning sir, sorry I had busy schedules yesterday hence my inability to respond. Call me up 07034581213
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

nissan not very friendly when it comes to parts and 2nd hand value. Will rather opt for the honda if it is rust free, good electrical wiring, good engine and transmission, clean interior.

what happened to toyota? the ifs Gazzuzz gave are too many....

Homguy:
Morning Gazzuzz, kingreign, ikenna , nissparts, angels09 and all my esteemed car gurus. Please help make a decision as regards these offers.
Waiting for your inputs.

and like gazzuzz I will be wicked to advise a used Altima and even the honda for a beginner my opinion.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Homguy(m): 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
angels09:

what happened to toyota? the ifs Gazzuzz gave are too many....

and like gazzuzz I will be wicked to advise a used Altima and even the honda for a beginner my opinion.

Toyota camry is really large
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
but gives better reliability and peace of mind bro...

Homguy:
Toyota camry is really large

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
Oga @Gazzuzz,
My brake cylinder has broken again.
Just discovered my brake oil kept reducing and I discovered oil dripping from the left rear wheel.
I changed it with a 'tokunbo' in November and now it's has broken again. If I can't find in oyinbo can you suggest how/where to get a good or new one. Thanks.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
ukata16:
Oga @Gazzuzz,
My brake cylinder has broken again.
Just discovered my brake oil kept reducing and I discovered oil dripping from the left rear wheel.
I changed it with a 'tokunbo' in November and now it's has broken again. If I can't find in oyinbo can you suggest how/where to get a good or new one. Thanks.

your drums might be worn out, causing excessive stretch on the brake cylinder. Also stop using toks, buy a new one, also drain brake oil and use ATE it is a blue coloured brake oil dot4.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
Thanks boss. Forgot to say my car is Honda Accord 1998 i4. Do I still need to buy the dot 4 brake oil, already got dot 3?
Also can you direct me on where to get it cos I'm just been offered toks all around oyinbo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
my own nko, na wah oh..... gazuzz and d rest... what's happening.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.