Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913338 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arduino: 7:03am On May 03, 2016
kingreign:

Ngood morning chief, I lost that number. My mtn is still available 07034581213.
Is that Mike?
Where is your workshop located?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:37am On May 03, 2016
arduino:

ok. thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:11am On May 03, 2016
arduino:

Is that Mike?
Where is your workshop located?
Good morning,
I'm in Kubwa, but I am presently out of Abuja for an assignment. I will be back next week Tuesday.
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arduino: 7:24pm On May 03, 2016
kingreign:

Good morning,
I'm in Kubwa, but I am presently out of Abuja for an assignment. I will be back next week Tuesday.
Thanks.
OK.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DUNKA(m): 1:26pm On May 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Please can u advise cost of the complete gear box of a NISSAN X-TRAIL 2008 MODEL?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:03pm On May 04, 2016
DUNKA:
Please can u advise cost of the complete gear box of a NISSAN X-TRAIL 2008 MODEL?

not at the moment sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by meezynetwork(m): 2:17pm On May 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Mr Gazzuzz, good day. Pls is tokunbo 1999 Hyundai H200, diesel with a mileage of 36k a good buy? I don't know how Hyundai is as par maintenance. Pls give some advice sir as a professional. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:27pm On May 04, 2016
meezynetwork:

Mr Gazzuzz, good day. Pls is tokunbo 1999 Hyundai H200, diesel with a mileage of 36k a good buy? I don't know how Hyundai is as par maintenance. Pls give some advice sir as a professional. thanks

hope you have found a diesel mechanic?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by meezynetwork(m): 4:59pm On May 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

hope you have found a diesel mechanic?
I have but he is not a professional. Generally how good are diesel vehicles? and how reliable is Hyundai diesel vehicles esp trucks and buses?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:33pm On May 04, 2016
meezynetwork:

I have but he is not a professional. Generally how good are diesel vehicles? and how reliable is Hyundai diesel vehicles esp trucks and buses?

I honestly, don't know. Please ask the mechanic he would be able to help in advising what vehicle has parts readily available.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DUNKA(m): 6:28am On May 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

not at the moment sir.
chiefo thanks would be grateful if u could find out later and revert. Chers
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chris81964(m): 5:43pm On May 05, 2016
blackfm:
I have a situation please, my radiator cap was opened for top up this morning an I forgot to cover it after. The car was driven from ajah to Lekki and back for church. Was heading to the mainland frm ajah about 1hr ago when I noticed the temperature gauge was in the red zone so I parked. That's when I saw I didn't replace the radiator cap and its lost. I topped up with water and continued my trip keeping an eye on the temp gauge. The gauge was in red again when I was on carter bridge but it went back to normal while I was looking for a safe sport to park. Same thing happened like 4 times before I got to home. What does the gauge fluctuation mean? Should I be worried?
NB: radiator cap will be replaced tomorrow

Cold water. Hot heads not always a good recipe.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:08am On May 07, 2016
I'm in Lagos now, looking for af sensor for 03 Camry...2azfe engine....... part no 234-9010 or 234-9041. scrubbed d whole ladipo couldn't get it. please help urgently. also if I can get the cup holder that would be nice.

urgent urgent urgent
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bright2(m): 11:22am On May 07, 2016
Greetings to all, pls help on 2007 Honda Pilot . Each time my check engine light comes up I did go for scan & it always indicate one ceilinder or the other misfires , Now the case is how do I know the ceilinder formation to enable me pinpoint the particular ceilinder so I can replace the plug incase it's plug?

I've checked online but what I found there is confusing as I'm not even sure what I found was 2007 Honda Pilot engine ceilinder.

Pls help as I need to see it on pix or any other way I can understand it.

Thank you for your assistance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:07pm On May 07, 2016
Bright2:
Greetings to all, pls help on 2007 Honda Pilot . Each time my check engine light comes up I did go for scan & it always indicate one ceilinder or the other misfires , Now the case is how do I know the ceilinder formation to enable me pinpoint the particular ceilinder so I can replace the plug incase it's plug?

I've checked online but what I found there is confusing as I'm not even sure what I found was 2007 Honda Pilot engine ceilinder.

Pls help as I need to see it on pix or any other way I can understand it.

Thank you for your assistance.

replace all spark plugs.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jaz(m): 9:59pm On May 07, 2016
Please help. The water in my radiator boils once I park. The fan comes on automatically after engine is a bit warm. It has 2 fans which start one after the other. Electrician suggests I bypass the auto start of the fans so they both blow at ignition. Is this wise. If not what else can I do

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:02pm On May 07, 2016
jaz:
Please help. The water in my radiator boils once I park. The fan comes on automatically after engine is a bit warm. It has 2 fans which start one after the other. Electrician suggests I bypass the auto start of the fans so they both blow at ignition. Is this wise. If not what else can I do

what vehicle?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jaz(m): 10:13pm On May 07, 2016
Mitsubishi outlander v
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:03am On May 08, 2016
jaz:
Mitsubishi outlander v

start by checking Pressure cap. Replace with a good one.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaycodes: 5:52pm On May 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

start by checking Pressure cap. Replace with a good one.

Hello Gazzuz,

I scanned my car and got the below codes in the screenshot

Any advice

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59am On May 09, 2016
kaycodes:

Hello Gazzuz,

I scanned my car and got the below codes in the screenshot

Any advice

need to know what car it is
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:06am On May 09, 2016
gazzuzz oh will any af sensor work for my 03 Camry...... oem no 8946733040 and 8946733080 so I can trans d cash, urgent abeg. I don't want to get to owerri and discover that it's not a match
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaycodes: 8:08am On May 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

need to know what car it is

Toyota Camry 1998.

Another point of note; after driving for a while the speedometer stops reading and the odometer display becomes blank. Once this happens the gear shift/chnaging becomes erratic.

Did a few research online and while some says it's the speed sensor others say it's the instrument cluster abi na dashboard display dem dey call am sef... grin

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:23am On May 09, 2016
obekediamondfuto:
gazzuzz oh will any af sensor work for my 03 Camry...... oem no 8946733040 and 8946733080 so I can trans d cash, urgent abeg. I don't want to get to owerri and discover that it's not a match

send me the exact part number you want, I will supply.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26am On May 09, 2016
kaycodes:

Toyota Camry 1998.

Another point of note; after driving for a while the speedometer stops reading and the odometer display becomes blank. Once this happens the gear shift/chnaging becomes erratic.

Did a few research online and while some says it's the speed sensor others say it's the instrument cluster abi na dashboard display dem dey call am sef... grin

Thanks for your assistance.

you have a failing Vss (vehicle speeed sensor) it is located on the gearbox. Easy to replace in 5mins.

The other code from experience is either the absence of a camshaft sensor, or wrong timing settings.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2016
8946733040 that's the part no, please can u reduce the price.... it's way outta my budget for it
GAZZUZZ:

send me the exact part number you want, I will supply.
8946733040 that's the part no, please can u reduce the price.... it's way outta my budget for it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:24pm On May 09, 2016
obekediamondfuto:
8946733040 that's the part no, please can u reduce the price.... it's way outta my budget for it 8946733040 that's the part no, please can u reduce the price.... it's way outta my budget for it

part is with me, but will have to return it, if you are not comfortable with the price.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:54pm On May 09, 2016
gazuzz I've spoken with SEUN, had some ATM difficulties in my area, I've gotten the cash buh will come first thing tomorrow to pick it up
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arinzest: 8:24pm On May 09, 2016
Hello Gazzuzz. I changed my gear box last year August. Camry '06. 13 pin. After d initial attempt to scamm me into using an 11 pin, I got 13pin installed.

Enjoyed it since then. Last week, I noticed a jerk as it moved from 1 to 2 @ 40-50km/hr. I stopped n checked d transmission fluid. It was clear. Am using Toyota IV or something like that. It didn't happen again till today. It has happened 4 times.

Please what should I do? The car moves freely n speeds without any problem
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32pm On May 09, 2016
arinzest:
Hello Gazzuzz. I changed my gear box last year August. Camry '06. 13 pin. After d initial attempt to scamm me into using an 11 pin, I got 13pin installed.

Enjoyed it since then. Last week, I noticed a jerk as it moved from 1 to 2 @ 40-50km/hr. I stopped n checked d transmission fluid. It was clear. Am using Toyota IV or something like that. It didn't happen again till today. It has happened 4 times.

Please what should I do? The car moves freely n speeds without any problem

scan vehicle, drain and refill with WS transmission oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:31am On May 10, 2016
thinko:
Oga gazzuzz
Thanks alot. I have finally seen it. The sensor is not connected, no cable attached to it.
The question is if no cable attach to it suppose not to show any error of knock sensor from ECU.
The problem now is dat mechanics in my state don't know wat a knock sensor is. They argue dat it's not a sensor but oil switch. I have to look for the cable to attach it together.

when a part that is supposed to be monitored by the engine ecu is missing it will throw a code.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arinzest: 6:16pm On May 10, 2016
Thanks. Am presently using Toyota WS. Will scan d car and get back to you sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.