Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913105 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
Hallenjay:
I want to exchange my car battery 75ah 12v for a new one.. who know who I can deal with around here?. Rivers state Nigeria.
Thanks all.

I do not know a trusted seller

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by depair: 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
hello Gazzuzz
I drive a Toyota Camry 2000 i4
I scanned and got the following code
P0171 System too lean bank 1
P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation insufficient
I experience sort of hard starting in the morning or when the engine is cold.
I also notice black soot on the exhaust tail pipe.

Any solution sir thanks for your usual help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 8:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
I greet you all. I just bought a Camry pencil light and observe that ABS and CHECK lights are constantly on. What do I need to do to clear it. Thanks

Cc:
Gazzuzz
Kungreign
Nurey.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 11:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2021
Key

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 11:50am On Sep 20, 2021
adubam:
I greet you all. I just bought a Camry pencil light and observe that ABS and CHECK lights are constantly on. What do I need to do to clear it. Thanks

Cc:
Gazzuzz
Kungreign
Nurey.
scan code first... Troubleshoot possible cause of rhe code... Then replace where needed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nexttpage(m): 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2021
Is it true they do change gear oil frequently?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2021
samuelson06:
Hello Gazzuzz,

My mechanic said my transmission fluid needs to be changed because it appeared dark (kind of) and I'd be doing this for the first time since I've been driving the car for a year plus now. What transmission oil can you recommend for my car, please. It's a 2009 Ford Focus.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2021
Grupo:

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Meaning?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Very wrong info, will only end up wasting money

So what do i do to get it solved?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2021
dicksonadams:
scan code first... Troubleshoot possible cause of rhe code... Then replace where needed

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ReformerD: 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2021
Good day house, I hope someone sees this and respond , for the past few days I noticed my radiator water always go down( low) which seems so kind of strange , with that effect, I tried to topple my radiator with another water but I noticed after driving for awhile , I noticed water and coolant leaking underneath the car which I tried to call my mechanic and told him about it , I took it to him for checking , he said maybe the radiator is dirty and needs so cleasing which he did but still the same thing, please what can I do stop fix this …. The water inside my radiator do go down on time and it’s showing some leaking underneath

Car name is Kia Optima 2013
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by leeport: 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2021
He
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emma1st(m): 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

scan the bus

Alright sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emma1st(m): 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
Structuralman:

A good mechanic should have the scanning tool.
My mechanic don't have o, unless I come to Lagos
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chloride6: 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2021
samuelson06:
Hello Gazzuzz,

My mechanic said my transmission fluid needs to be changed because it appeared dark (kind of) and I'd be doing this for the first time since I've been driving the car for a year plus now. What transmission oil can you recommend for my car, please. It's a 2009 Ford Focus.

One chance...

How many miles has the car accumulated?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2021
ReformerD:
Good day house, I hope someone sees this and respond , for the past few days I noticed my radiator water always go down( low) which seems so kind of strange , with that effect, I tried to topple my radiator with another water but I noticed after driving for awhile , I noticed water and coolant leaking underneath the car which I tried to call my mechanic and told him about it , I took it to him for checking , he said maybe the radiator is dirty and needs so cleasing which he did but still the same thing, please what can I do stop fix this …. The water inside my radiator do go down on time and it’s showing some leaking underneath

Car name is Kia Optima 2013

Change mechanic first.

Which side you dey see the water?

Are your rugs wet? Water may be leaking from the heater core unto the floor of your car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by leeport: 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2021
Hello guys
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 6:50pm On Sep 20, 2021
leeport:
He

The red arrow

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2021
frebor:

Change mechanic first.

Are your rugs wet? Water may be leaking from the heater core unto the floor of your car.

Which of the rug, one thing I'm sure is , it's not Ac condense leaking..... its like putting enough water inside your radiator and noticed it goes down after driving for a while , and also you noticed some traces of water unter the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2021
Dahreformer2666:

Which of the rug, one thing I'm sure is , it's not Ac condense leaking..... its like putting enough water inside your radiator and noticed it goes down after driving for a while , and also you noticed some traces of water unter the car

The whole rug, is any part of it wet?

Where you dey see the water dey drip, front ó àbí back or middle
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2021
frebor:

The whole rug, is any part of it wet?

Where you dey see the water dey drip, front ó àbí back or middle

It's all underneath the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 7:11am On Sep 21, 2021
emma1st:

My mechanic don't have o, unless I come to Lagos

No need to come to Lagos. Buy the device on Jumia. It should be able to pull out basic error codes. And it's also easy to use. Costs starts from 4k. It's called OBD 2 Bluetooth car scanner.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by t2sco: 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
frebor:

Change mechanic first.

I do notice my rug is wet whenever I wan to clean my carpets. Back seat carpets only. What could be the cause sirs? 09 corolla
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 11:46pm On Sep 21, 2021
t2sco:

I do notice my rug is wet whenever I wan to clean my carpets. Back seat carpets only. What could be the cause sirs? 09 corolla

It could be that rust has done it's work. Take the car to the alignment guys and then walk down in to check the underneath yourself.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emma1st(m): 1:09am On Sep 22, 2021
Structuralman:

No need to come to Lagos. Buy the device on Jumia. It should be able to pull out basic error codes. And it's also easy to use. Costs starts from 4k. It's called OBD 2 Bluetooth car scanner.

Ooh!
Thanks for that
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16am On Sep 22, 2021
Jagabiyana1414:
call or whatsapp 24hurs service

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 7:32am On Sep 22, 2021
Hi guys, good morning Sirs , I have noticed that when I turn my AC ON, my car tend to go off, the steering will be strong and the check engine and battery lights will pop up on the dashboard, but when I off it immediately, the car runs smoothly.... Pls what seems the issue?

Note- it mostly happen when the car is on slow motion, especially when matching breaks, but when I am on motion it goes well even with the AC ON....

CAR - TOYOTA AVENSIS

ENGINE - 2AZ-FE

Warm regards..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:02am On Sep 22, 2021
Etizz:
Hi guys, good morning Sirs , I have noticed that when I turn my AC ON, my car tend to go off, the steering will be strong and the check engine and battery lights will pop up on the dashboard, but when I off it immediately, the car runs smoothly.... Pls what seems the issue?

Note- it mostly happen when the car is on slow motion, especially when matching breaks, but when I am on motion it goes well even with the AC ON....

CAR - TOYOTA AVENSIS

ENGINE - 2AZ-FE

Warm regards..

First time car owners....

You have an engine misfire.

Check plugs , injectors and sparkplugs .

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 8:26am On Sep 22, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

First time car owners....

You have an engine misfire.

Check plugs , injectors and sparkplugs .

Thanks a lot bro...let me check and get back to u
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 8:39am On Sep 22, 2021
t2sco:

Do you have a sunroof? Is there any uncovered hole in your wheel Wells? The rubber seals on the back doors ńkọ́?

Your pikin fit dey wash am for you with im water bottle.

You go dey very vigilant ni ó ti catch the culprit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Wealth1105 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.