Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912503 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2022
Conner44:

I once had a problem like yours on the same type of vehicle and engine. I later found out it was a leakage from my engine oil sump.

One of the bolts broke in half and i would have had to bring down the engine from the car to remove the broken bolt so I drove it like that for two years. That time i would be topping up a liter of oil every two weeks lol i used to use the 5w20 oil that time and even after switching to 5w30 and 5w40 the leakage persisted

I didn’t want to bring out my engine and pay the exorbitant workmanship just because of one broken bolt So what did I do?

I bought 5w30 synthetic oil from petrocam(5 liters) and a can of liquimoly mos2 engine friction modifier from oyingbo and mixed them together and poured into my engine. I used it for just under 1,000kms and it plugged the leakage completely grin I ran the oil for 3,500kms without topping it up with a single drop of oil because the level on the dipstick didn’t reduce one bit

Today I’m using Mobil 0w20 oils for more than 5,000kms without any shortage. I even used the remainder of the petrocam oil in my generator wink

So change your pcv valve first and if your shortage continues you could try my method if you find out that you indeed have a leakage

I tot changing from one oil to another damages d engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Conner44: 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2022
abiolag:

I tot changing from one oil to another damages d engine

Nope, but prolonged use of the wrong weight or type of engine oil will definitely be damaging to your engine

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by equity2genesis(m): 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
Conner44:

I once had a problem like yours on the same type of vehicle and engine. I later found out it was a leakage from my engine oil sump.

One of the bolts broke in half and i would have had to bring down the engine from the car to remove the broken bolt so I drove it like that for two years. That time i would be topping up a liter of oil every two weeks lol i used to use the 5w20 oil that time and even after switching to 5w30 and 5w40 the leakage persisted

I didn’t want to bring out my engine and pay the exorbitant workmanship just because of one broken bolt So what did I do?

I bought 5w30 synthetic oil from petrocam(5 liters) and a can of liquimoly mos2 engine friction modifier from oyingbo and mixed them together and poured into my engine. I used it for just under 1,000kms and it plugged the leakage completely grin I ran the oil for 3,500kms without topping it up with a single drop of oil because the level on the dipstick didn’t reduce one bit

Today I’m using Mobil 0w20 oils for more than 5,000kms without any shortage. I even used the remainder of the petrocam oil in my generator wink

So change your pcv valve first and if your shortage continues you could try my method if you find out that you indeed have a leakage

Thank you so much.

I appreciate your contribution sincerely
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by stephenponti(m): 8:54am On Jan 30, 2022
Oga GAZZUZZ do you have any salvageable old 3MZ-FE for 2 wheel drive Camry 03, That i can manage to keep my car going. My block have wide worn out gap and smoky.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:16am On Jan 30, 2022
stephenponti:
Oga GAZZUZZ do you have any salvageable old 3MZ-FE for 2 wheel drive Camry 03, That i can manage to keep my car going. My block have wide worn out gap and smoky.

Yes I do.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 12:07pm On Jan 30, 2022
Part Request:
OEM Compressor
2010 Toyota Venza
2GR-FE 3.5L V6

Cc Dru23
GAZZUZZ
Luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAmaechi(m): 9:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
equity2genesis:

Thank you so much.

I appreciate your contribution sincerely

How will you know the type of ENGINE YOUR CAN NEEDS.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2022
frebor:
Part Request:
OEM Compressor
2010 Toyota Venza
2GR-FE 3.5L V6

Cc Dru23
GAZZUZZ
Luvinhubby

Let me take time out of my busy schedule to respond..

My advice is to avoid going the crazy way of converting to manual compressor . I don't care how good your A/c technician is , conversion to manual is totally wrong ........

I can look for a grade A tokunbo for you and will give you 2months warranty after proper installation from a well known A/c Tech . The only issue here is that the said A/c guy will advice you to get a brand new. The question is how many people can afford a brand new one The said a/c Tech will tell you that tokunbo ones have leak seal etc . In that case we should we should all be buying brand new than. A grade A tokunbo will do fine regardless of leak seal. Have bought Tokunbo compressors so many times for people without complain.

And getting a brand new from the manufacture parts dealer like Denso is expensive. You will end up spending nothing less than 230k naira. I don't make money from these at all . I will just charge you shipping cost to load am inside my container......

Below (pic) are two brand new that was requested by a customer via nairaland . I am not at liberty to discuss cost or what type of car compressor etc. This is due to client confidentiality

We at dru23 all about quality over quantity. So take your time and decide which route you would like to take......
We are always at your service

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Youngxx: 5:55am On Jan 31, 2022
Greetings to everyone in the house..
It's a new year and another beginning of my life, so I've decided not to play or joke with the year as I'm adding +1 few months from now..... I've decided to join the bolt/Uber business this year.
I live in Lagos, Ajah Badore, and I've been living here for some years now...

Please everyone in the house I need someone to partner with in this bolt/Uber business as soon as possible, I'm 26 years old and single, I have nobody to take care of as now, my Mom is been taking care of by my eldest brother who lives in Germany, that makes me have less responsibility for now, so I see no reason why I can't remit payment of 25k/30k weekly to the car owner as long as you and I know that the car is perfect....

Please help as u read....
If there's anyone that knows of any company giving out cars for Bolt/Uber business can also share the information with me, God bless
Telephone: 08123388065
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ebab(m): 1:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
Do you need a good quality lubricant for your commercial or industrial use?
Are you into auto lubricant business?
Are you located in Port Harcourt?
If YES is the answer to this questions then Welcome to MATRIX lubricants
We are to serve you the best quality to your auto needs and we are located in Port Harcourt.

get to us today for more details on whatsapp 08054766200

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good day car gurus. Pls which of these three engine oil is the best for my Toyota Corolla 2009.

I got the car last year April, and I have used the oil on the last picture to service the car twice (super mobile 1000, 20w-50).

I just want to be sure if the oil is okay, or I should change.
Thank you

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
jinka:
Good day car gurus. Pls which of these three engine oil is the best for my Toyota Corolla 2009.

I got the car last year April, and I have used the oil on the last picture to service the car twice (super mobile 1000, 20w-50).

Thank you

For how many miles?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 8:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

For how many miles?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingsdave(m): 9:48pm On Feb 02, 2022
Good evening sir , this evening as I went out , I pressed my break and started the car , I felt a vibration on the break pedal for some seconds then it stopped , when I wanted to come back , the same thing happened this time around I felt it up to the steering , note : this doesn't happen when I use the break on the way or on quick stops , cos I was stopped thrice by the police for normal paper check, I never felt the vibrations when I left after the paper check , I guess when I leave the car for a very long time it happens for some seconds or a minute then it stops ... Car is 2009 XLE toyota camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 12:37am On Feb 03, 2022
No one is assisting me with this
jinka:

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 7:09am On Feb 03, 2022
Pls I want to get a new engine for my 2003 camry with compressor and other accessories. How much should I budget and any connection cos I plan to get it next week

GAZZUZZ
Dru23
Others
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 9:41am On Feb 03, 2022
abiolag:
Pls I want to get a new engine for my 2003 camry with compressor and other accessories. How much should I budget and any connection cos I plan to get it next week

GAZZUZZ
Dru23
Others
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2022
abiolag:

GAZZUZZ
Dru23
Others

Where u wan see new engine buy? Did you mean used engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 12:41pm On Feb 03, 2022
adubam:

Where u wan see new engine buy? Did you mean used engine?
I mean toks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2022
abiolag:

GAZZUZZ
Dru23
Others

Please look for Gazzuzz's contact on his profile and get in touch with him... He will get you a good engine that you will enjoy for long of you follow his advice... Don't go with any mechanic or else they rip you off by selling 1AZ instead of 2AZ to you. they're Identical
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
seanfer:

Please look for Gazzuzz's contact on his profile and get in touch with him... He will get you a good engine that you will enjoy for long of you follow his advice... Don't go with any mechanic or else they rip you off by selling 1AZ instead of 2AZ to you. they're Identical

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abiolag(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2022
jinka:
5000 is too much for any of dos oil since der are not fully synthetic.......2k -3k miles is gud......
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2022
melviniyke2002:
5000 is too much for any of dos oil since der are not fully synthetic.......2k -3k miles is gud......
Thanks
But which oil would you suggest for me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2022
jinka:

Thanks
But which oil would you suggest for me
did u get d car toks or nigerian used.....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nuwell(m): 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
nuwell:
Dear Gazzuzz and other esteemeed motorheads.

The scan results in the attached screenshot are from a 2004 Mitsubishi Montero that runs somewhat rough at idle. Kindly recommend how I should proceed with the fixes? It has the 3.8L V6 engine.

Also, can your spacer technology make a difference in this situation, sir Gazzuzz?

Thanks

Dear Gazzuzz, still awaiting your response here. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2022
melviniyke2002:
did u get d car toks or nigerian used.....

I got it toks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2022
jinka:

I got it toks
none of dos oil....use 0w 20 mobil 1 full synthetic with quality oil filter.....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
melviniyke2002:
none of dos oil....use 0w 20 mobil 1 full synthetic with quality oil filter.....

Thank you so much sir, i will go and look for it 0W-20 Mobil oil tomorrow.
How do I know quality oil filter, and does every vehicle use same oil filter? If no, what's the recommended oil filter for my 2009 Toyota Corolla.

My apologies for too many questions, this is my first ever driven car, I know nothing about cars.

Thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eagleeye2: 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2022
jinka:
Using those oil you posted above, you are gradually killing your engine. It won't happen immediately, but it will surely happen.
Go and buy 5w30 (that's if you don't see 0w20). Drain that poison you are giving your car ASAP.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
jinka:

Thank you so much sir, i will go and look for it 0W-20 Mobil oil tomorrow.
How do I know quality oil filter, and does every vehicle use same oil filter? If no, what's the recommended oil filter for my 2009 Toyota Corolla.

My apologies for too many questions, this is my first ever driven car, I know nothing about cars.

Thank you sir

contact dru23 or gazzuzz for quality n original mobil 1 oil n oil filter

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Michael547(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.