Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (921482 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
Jamie1000:
Hello everyone. Please, I noticed my break oil shorting. Mechanic couldn't dictate where the leak is from. As no leak on the wheel. He suggested we open the break Master, but I have been topping up. Recently, I just decided to match on the break while car is off And pump it. I noticed fluid coming down from a hose under the break pedal. By the leg side. How do I go about this. Have any one noticed this before. Camry 04

Replace the brake master wink

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DGreatACO(m): 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
dru23:

I always recommend car owners should follow owners at all times. 20w50 is not the recommended oil for that car .... If you look at the oil cap of the engine , it should tell you either 5w20 or 0w20

For ATF, please do not go around changing ATF like you change oil . IF the ATF is pinkish in color , please do not change. But if it is dark in color , please change it . And you might also have to change the transmission filter along with the ATF .......

The recommended ATF (pic) below .... We have it in stock next month. Make sure u buy from reliable source . Fake plenty for MARKET

Coolant... People will recommend to use Toyota coolant . And people will tell to use green color Toyota coolant etc . It is not the color that matters, it is the chemical used is use to make the coolant.....

Prestone coolant, Super TECH coolant .. Will do just fine and will protect your engine up to 100k miles or more

Ps. I hope your rav4 is a v6 engine. The v6 engine are solid engine . while the 4cylinder are known to short oil . From experience once you drive the v6 engine of a rav4 , you will never and never want to drive a 4cyclinder. The v6 are stronger and faster and fun to drive. Very strong engine...... And I hope say na tokunbo you buy am o . but if na naija use u go buy, I wish you the best of luck from a safe distance

Below pic is a rav4 I bought for a client about 2yrs ago . so I know wetin I dey talk
Thanks for your concise response dru23. It's a V4 foreign used product.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamie1000: 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Replace the brake master wink
Opened the master, found out the oil has leaked so much into the round big bowl that houses the break pump/ master. He said we could change few rubber fittings and threw away the oil. Did that, break is working but not effectively. He is suggesting the the housing has a leak, that's why the oil poured out of the car from the break pedal
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bolu1986(m): 8:24pm On Feb 12, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

You will have other codes apart from misfire.

That's a the entire bank2 failing.

P0300, 302, 304 & 306
P0174
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 10:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
Louisking:
Good day house. Plss my car AC has been given me issue for a while now. I bought new compressor and refilled the gas, gas leak before the next day reach, took it bk to technician he said compressor is bad, back to the market, compressor was checked and confirm ok, now AC technician said we need to flush the system and check evaporator we did and everything seem ok, check condenser it was ok pipes was ok also, gas refilled before getting home last night, AC the blow hot air. Me dun tire abeg I need help if anyone has faced similar issue, cus am about going bk there to see if anything can be done. A Friend of mine said the AC guy should check the expansion valve. Plss help guys.

Got a solution to this?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 10:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
Jamie1000:

Opened the master, found out the oil has leaked so much into the round big bowl that houses the break pump/ master. He said we could change few rubber fittings and threw away the oil. Did that, break is working but not effectively. He is suggesting the the housing has a leak, that's why the oil poured out of the car from the break pedal

Get another master break as advised. If you start buying parts and repairing like your mechanic is telling you. You will end up wasting money and remember brake is very important don’t joke with it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamie1000: 12:20am On Feb 13, 2022
seanfer:

Get another master break as advised. If you start buying parts and repairing like your mechanic is telling you. You will end up wasting money and remember brake is very important don’t you with it.
Ok, Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 606thearena: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2022
Good morning Nairalanders please I need advise
Whenever I’m driving I hear noises from my steering when I’m driving on dirt road or untarred road but whenever I’m driving on a smooth road the noise will not be there but very faint when I enter a bad spot . Car make Toyota Camry 010 le
Please what can be the issue I’m afraid the steering might pull off when I’m driving one day any advice or recommendations will be appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
606thearena:
Good morning Nairalanders please I need advise
Whenever I’m driving I hear noises from my steering when I’m driving on dirt road or untarred road but whenever I’m driving on a smooth road the noise will not be there but very faint when I enter a bad spot . Car make Toyota Camry 010 le
Please what can be the issue I’m afraid the steering might pull off when I’m driving one day any advice or recommendations will be appreciated.

check in this order.

*Loose wheel lug nuts
*Loose subframe
* Brake pads with excessive play
*Sway bar links and bushings
* Upper strut mounts
*Tie rods
*Intermediate shaft
*Steering rack
*Steering column
*Lower control arm bushings
* Village people

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by FredLum: 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2022
Dear Nairalanders,
My Toyota Sienna 2015 has been given overheating issues; had the thermostat and radiator changed and it became fine, however, I noticed milky oil in the radiator and discover too that the transmission oil has a strawberry colour, I rushed to the mechanic to get it flushed and ordered another radiator because it water got to the transmission Via the radiator.
My major issue is the oil in the transmission is still milky after about 4 changes, do I drop the gearbox and completely clean it or do a continuous flush.
Please it's urgent
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
FredLum:
Dear Nairalanders,
My Toyota Sienna 2015 has been given overheating issues; had the thermostat and radiator changed and it became fine, however, I noticed milky oil in the radiator and discover too that the transmission oil has a strawberry colour, I rushed to the mechanic to get it flushed and ordered another radiator because it water got to the transmission Via the radiator.
My major issue is the oil in the transmission is still milky after about 4 changes, do I drop the gearbox and completely clean it or do a continuous flush.
Please it's urgent

Keep flushing....

Try 3 more gallons, do not drop the transmission.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 8:00pm On Feb 13, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

check in this order.

*Loose wheel lug nuts
*Loose subframe
* Brake pads with excessive play
*Sway bar links and bushings
* Upper strut mounts
*Tie rods
*Intermediate shaft
*Steering rack
*Steering column
*Lower control arm bushings
* Village people

lol @ village people � � �

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by FredLum: 8:02pm On Feb 13, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Keep flushing....

Try 3 more gallons, do not drop the transmission.

God bless you man
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by stephenponti(m): 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2022
stephenponti:
Oga GAZZUZZ do you have any salvageable old 3MZ-FE for 2 wheel drive Camry 03, That i can manage to keep my car going. My block have wide worn out gap and smoky.

GAZZUZZ:

Yes I do.

I can't really thank you enough enough Sir. Please ya'll should help me thank GAZZUZZ he sold me a very good engine and the performance of the engine suppassed my expectations. at giveaway price. Thank you very much.

14 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2022
stephenponti:

I can't really thank you enough enough Sir. Please ya'll should help me thank GAZZUZZ he sold me an engine and the performance of the engine suppassed my expectations. at giveaway price. Thank you very much.

Glad you are back on the road

9 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 9:23pm On Feb 14, 2022
stephenponti:

I can't really thank you enough enough Sir. Please ya'll should help me thank GAZZUZZ he sold me an engine and the performance of the engine suppassed my expectations. at giveaway price. Thank you very much.
That's how stars do. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peterlove11: 7:19am On Feb 15, 2022
Good Morning House.....I currently use an honda pilot 2008, its a reliable daily driver. Am considering getting crv 3rd generation. I discovered there are 2 engines 2.0l ivtec and 2.4l, which is better and why, or should I stick with Honda pilot. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:18am On Feb 15, 2022
Peterlove11:
Good Morning House.....I currently use an honda pilot 2008, its a reliable daily driver. Am considering getting crv 3rd generation. I discovered there are 2 engines 2.0l ivtec and 2.4l, which is better and why, or should I stick with Honda pilot. Thanks
The honda crv will be underpowered for you considering the fact that you are coming from the pilot.The crv is good also and more fuel economical than the pilot.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peterlove11: 8:29am On Feb 15, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
The honda crv will be underpowered for you considering the fact that you are coming from the pilot.The crv is good also and more fuel economical than the pilot.

What do you mean by underpowered......are talking about the driving feel?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mashnino(m): 10:31am On Feb 15, 2022
Peterlove11:

he is talking about speed...

Imagine driving benz almost your life and then switching to a toyota...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Solarexstudent: 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
Very clean Toyota Corolla 2006 for sale in Ibadan.
ash color that is just cleared.
No body work
AC and other accessories in Perfect condition
Price: 2.9M
Contact me on 07062284261, 07082014770

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
Peterlove11:

pilot is faster and more responsive than that crv.Even the hp of the pilot is more than the crv.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Obikco(m): 3:46pm On Feb 15, 2022
Sorry...it's 2002 model
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 8:59am On Feb 17, 2022
Good day everyone, please I changed my front shock absorber and then increase the height a little......I observed that when ever I am driving for about 30mins, the ABS will pop-up on my dashboard and will remain so, but if I turn off the car and put it On back, it will not come up unless I drive the car for About another 30mins..... please how can I stop it from coming up, what is the danger that may occur with the ABS ON, ....please help...car still runs normal, Toyota Avensis 2005.....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 1:36pm On Feb 17, 2022
Etizz:
Good day everyone, please I changed my front shock absorber and then increase the height a little......I observed that when ever I am driving for about 30mins, the ABS will pop-up on my dashboard and will remain so, but if I turn off the car and put it On back, it will not come up unless I drive the car for About another 30mins..... please how can I stop it from coming up, what is the danger that may occur with the ABS ON, ....please help...car still runs normal, Toyota Avensis 2005.....

My ABS has been on for ever yet break confirm die. I think the cable of the abs connected to your break system was tampered when the absorbers were worked on. Tell you mech to plug back the cable properly.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KolaShangOne(m): 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2022
I need these things in Abuja.

1. Lower arm
2. Engine seat
3. Beam
4. Windscreen
5. Two airbags
6. Front grill

For a 2003 Accord. If you sell parts in Abuja pls get across.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2022
adubam:

My ABS has been on for ever yet break confirm die. I think the cable of the abs connected to your break system was tampered when the absorbers were worked on. Tell you mech to plug back the cable properly.

Thank u very much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by easyflow: 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2022
I am having issue with my Camry 2009 whenever I try to accelerate beyond 60 -70 km/hr. The check engine light will start to blink and it keeps dragging.

Scan done...two issues notice
1 knock sensor ( this has been replaced)
2 cylinder misfire ( have done everything from checking the plug and replacing the spark plugs head and also the fuel pump).

The check engine light was off for 3days after doing of the above, unfortunately it returned again with check engine whenever I want to accelerate... this time only the cylinder misfire was detected on the scan..

Please I need help with this cylinder misfire issue...I have spent a lot.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Louisking: 11:55am On Feb 18, 2022
samuelson06:

Got a solution to this?
Yeah I did. Changed the condenser, bought new compressor, change some pipes. Turns out the first technician was not genuine with me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Louisking: 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
My temperature gauge isn't working on my kia, took a for repairs, found out the wire on the sensor was not connected and they can't trace the wire from inside the car or ecm to complete the connection. So I want to ask if optioning for a new sensor will be the best, something like this �. Plss I need ur advice sirs

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
Louisking:

Yeah I did. Changed the condenser, bought new compressor, change some pipes. Turns out the first technician was not genuine with me

Wow. Congrats bro.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.