Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914998 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 1:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
eagleeye2:

Using those oil you posted above, you are gradually killing your engine. It won't happen immediately, but it will surely happen.
Go and buy 5w30 (that's if you don't see 0w20). Drain that poison you are giving your car ASAP.

Thanks for the advice. I'm new to cars
I'm gradually learning
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2022
eagleeye2:

Using those oil you posted above, you are gradually killing your engine. It won't happen immediately, but it will surely happen.
Go and buy 5w30 (that's if you don't see 0w20). Drain that poison you are giving your car ASAP.

Pls can I use any company product as long as it's 0w-20?
And Like how much are they selling it in the market?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Elsueno: 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2022
To be honest, unless u dey drive old generation rides or ur ride get problem, just use something like 10w40 or 30...... Seriously, there is a wall of difference, u need to change from 20w50 to the correct spec & even the engine would be smoother grin.

I am not saying 20w50 is bad, it's just feels...I don't know.... heavy?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by plucky16(m): 7:51am On Feb 05, 2022
Good day people, I just got Hyundai Accent 2015 Nigerian used. I want to service the car because the previous owner doesn't know exactly how much miles it has gone from the last service. He doesn't even know the oil the mechanic uses and I want to be on safer side. Though I was able to get through to the mechanic guy on phone and he said he uses Visco 2000 (20w-50) but the recommended one from internet says 5w-20. Pls I am confused as to what to use. I'd appreciate clarity on this. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 8:53am On Feb 05, 2022
plucky16:
Good day people, I just got Hyundai Accent 2015 Nigerian used. I want to service the car because the previous owner doesn't know exactly how much miles it has gone from the last service. He doesn't even know the oil the mechanic uses and I want to be on safer side. Though I was able to get through to the mechanic guy on phone and he said he uses Visco 2000 (20w-50) but the recommended one from internet says 5w-20. Pls I am confused as to what to use. I'd appreciate clarity on this. Thanks
This is one reason why buying most Nigerian used cars is like putting your money into a an unintelligent gamble. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:54am On Feb 05, 2022
plucky16:

Stick with 20w50

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Miee: 6:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
Between Mercedes-Benz and BMW, who understands the luxury language better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsOwr-n8DM4
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Reelz: 6:36am On Feb 07, 2022
Good morning all.. pls which engine oil is best for Toyota sienna.. 5w30 or 0w20
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Wakanakarue: 8:36am On Feb 07, 2022
My exhaust fume smells bad, what could be the problem?? And how do I resolve it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Felakezman(m): 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
Good afternoon all.. Pls any idea of the cost of steering rack for 03 camry big daddy 4plug??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
Could be your catalyst going bad, or your engine running too rich.
What car do you drive and what's the smell like?
Wakanakarue:
My exhaust fume smells bad, what could be the problem?? And how do I resolve it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Wakanakarue: 1:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
jceesquare:
Could be your catalyst going bad, or your engine running too rich.
What car do you drive and what's the smell like?

What do you mean by "running too rich"? I drive a 2007 honda accord. Smells a bit like burn gasoline. But is exhaust fume suppose to ve odor?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Wakanakarue:

What do you mean by "running too rich"? I drive a 2007 honda accord. Smells a bit like burn gasoline. But is exhaust fume suppose to ve odor?
Scan the car. Let's start from there.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 5:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
Peppermintflav:

Scan the car. Let's start from there.
Pls how do I scan my Toyota Corolla 2009 toks ?

I don't know how to do that, pls I need your direction
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayanjamz: 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
cry cry cry .... I need Ur help, auto gurus in the house. My follow-come car battery (everstart Maxx) disappointed me yesterday, thou still working but it has started with a sign of going bad. Can someone recommend where to get genuine car battery with guarantee.... Thank you in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 7:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
jinka:

Ask around. Your mechanic should know.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 11:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
Wakanakarue:

Running rich means your car is dumping surplus fuel than needed into the combustion chamber and is unable to burn them off.
If you have gasoline smell from the exhaust, then chances are high that you're having a rich mixture.
Is the exhaust pipe black with sooth?
Do you have a rough idle?
Does the car hesitate and sluggish?
It's possible you have a leaky fuel injector amongst several other possible faults.
Ask your mechanic to run a proper diagnosis on it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bolu1986(m): 7:21am On Feb 08, 2022
Am having issue with my rx300... The code is 2 4 and 6 cylinder misfire... We have change the plug, changed the nozzle, change the coil.. yet problem persist.. and during those period it will work for a day or two before the check engine light will pop up...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:46am On Feb 08, 2022
bolu1986:
Am having issue with my rx300... The code is 2 4 and 6 cylinder misfire... We have change the plug, changed the nozzle, change the coil.. yet problem persist.. and during those period it will work for a day or two before the check engine light will pop up...

You will have other codes apart from misfire.

That's a the entire bank2 failing.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:53am On Feb 08, 2022
jinka:

You can scan it your self using your phone and this device .

https://www.nairaland.com/6885954/xtool-advance-ad10-auto-car

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DGreatACO(m): 8:59am On Feb 08, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Stick with 20w50
Good morning GAZZUZZ
Would you recommend 20w50 (Mobil xhp 1000 ) for a toyota rav4 2009 model and if yes what should be the maxumum mileage between oil change?

Also what is the recommended
1. Coolant fluid
2. Automatic transmission fluid
that can be used for the same auto model?
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Wakanakarue: 9:31am On Feb 08, 2022
jceesquare:

Running rich means your car is dumping surplus fuel than needed into the combustion chamber and is unable to burn them off.
If you have gasoline smell from the exhaust, then chances are high that you're having a rich mixture.
Is the exhaust pipe black with sooth?
Do you have a rough idle?
Does the car hesitate and sluggish?
It's possible you have a leaky fuel injector amongst several other possible faults.
Ask your mechanic to run a proper diagnosis on it.

Wow thanks alot for simplifying these things nicely. I appreciate. It rough idles occasionally especially when the AC is turned on
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aieromon(m): 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2022
ayanjamz:
cry cry cry .... I need Ur help, auto gurus in the house. My follow-come car battery (everstart Maxx) disappointed me yesterday, thou still working but it has started with a sign of going bad. Can someone recommend where to get genuine car battery with guarantee.... Thank you in advance.

https://www.nairaland.com/4644414/trane-cene-automotive-batteries
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bosco9: 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
I just changed the condenser today (Honda Accord civic 2006), according to the AC technician he said the condenser has expired, after changing the condenser I noticed that the AC does not cool unless I drive the car then it starts to cool, the technician said the Compressor is weak, that I need to change the compress, but before I got home the gas leaked, it started blowing just hot air, not cooling, what could be the cause ? The compressor or what ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
bosco9:
I just changed the condenser today (Honda Accord civic 2006), according to the AC technician he said the condenser has expired, after changing the condenser I noticed that the AC does not cool unless I drive the car then it starts to cool, the technician said the Compressor is weak, that I need to change the compress, but before I got home the gas leaked, it started blowing just hot air, not cooling, what could be the cause ? The compressor or what ?
He is guessing where the leakage is from. Take it to a competent hand.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DGreatACO(m): 11:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
DGreatACO:

Good morning GAZZUZZ
Would you recommend 20w50 (Mobil xhp 1000 ) for a toyota rav4 2009 model and if yes what should be the maxumum mileage between oil change?

1. Coolant fluid
Thanks

Good evening auto experts on this forum.
Pls kindly give your recommendation to these questions. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chuxmgc: 9:32am On Feb 09, 2022
Good morning Fam, pl I need speedometer board for volvo S80, who can recommend a seller for me
Attached is the speedometer board. The fuel gauge is not working so I was told its the speedometer board.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Conner44: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2022
DGreatACO:

Good morning GAZZUZZ

1. Coolant fluid
Thanks

If you’re buying it as a tokumbo then you’d better use any good brand of 5w30 weight oils
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EdmundDantes(m): 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Stick with 20w50

Please, can you recommend a good and trustworthy toyota mechanic in Asaba? Rav4 2006.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
EdmundDantes:

Please, can you recommend a good and trustworthy toyota mechanic in Asaba? Rav4 2006.

At the moment, I cannot .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Obikco(m): 5:58am On Feb 10, 2022
I drive EOD 1995 model.pls I noticed that anytime the vehicle s on motion and I switch on the A.c,my bonnet starts vibrating...and if it happens for long,next is the vehicle will off and will start over heating...pls can anyone who had similar experience share with me how to resolve it cos I have suffered in the hands of mechanics and electricians...thank you and God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.