Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915192 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SpeedRacer(m): 8:21am On Feb 10, 2022
Good morning,
Just got a 2010 Corolla and my f irst oil change is rapidly approaching.
I want to use Castrol 5w20 as I think they'll have less imitations In the marker, any alternatives
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28am On Feb 10, 2022
SpeedRacer:
Good morning,
I want to use Castrol 5w20 as I think they'll have less imitations In the marker, any alternatives

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chuuxxy: 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2022
how far bro.... were u finally able to get a good oil for your kia? which do u use.

Dahreformer2666:
Good afternoon

Please what can seems to be the cause for quick drain of water in my radiator, max is 3 days, the water would just go down and have taken it to the man that fix the radiator he said everything seems working fine after adding one substance into it
Car name is kia
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chuuxxy: 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
Good day Gazzuzz and all in the house...
My kia optima shorts oil. It could take the space of 2 weeks to go from F to E. i currently use a stallion1 full synthetic. Spoke to a mechanic and he said i should switch to oando SL. he has had a similar experience with a kia rio and it stopped after switching to oando SL. Do you advice i ttry this switch.

Car doesnt smoke and doesnt leak.

Kia optima 2013 with GDI Turbo engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:28pm On Feb 10, 2022
Obikco:
I drive EOD 1995 model.pls I noticed that anytime the vehicle s on motion and I switch on the A.c,my bonnet starts vibrating...and if it happens for long,next is the vehicle will off and will start over heating...pls can anyone who had similar experience share with me how to resolve it cos I have suffered in the hands of mechanics and electricians...thank you and God bless
bros which Eod did they produce in 1995.check well abeg.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 2:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
chuuxxy:
My kia optima shorts oil. It could take the space of 2 weeks to go from F to E. i currently use a stallion1 full synthetic. Spoke to a mechanic and he said i should switch to oando SL. he has had a similar experience with a kia rio and it stopped after switching to oando SL. Do you advice i ttry this switch.

You can give it a try and make sure they are of the same viscosity and watch how it goes for 2 weeks. Best of Luck.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
chuuxxy:

Very delicate situation.

Cc inception
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DGreatACO(m): 9:12pm On Feb 10, 2022
DGreatACO:

Good morning GAZZUZZ
Would you recommend 20w50 (Mobil xhp 1000 ) for a toyota rav4 2009 model and if yes what should be the maxumum mileage between oil change?

Also what is the recommended
1. Coolant fluid
2. Automatic transmission fluid
that can be used for the same auto model?
Thanks
Cc GAZZUZZ

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 5:23am On Feb 11, 2022
SpeedRacer:
Good morning,

Oga speed racer.. The recommended oil for that car na 0W20 ........

We at dru23 import our oyel from the USA .. No 3rd party or middle men..

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DGreatACO(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2022
dru23:

Would you recommend 20w50 (Mobil xhp 1000 ) for a toyota rav4 2009 model and if yes what should be the maxumum mileage between oil change?

1. Coolant fluid
Please how often should AT fluid be changed?
Pardon my many questions for I am no expert in autos.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 11:29am On Feb 11, 2022
jinka:

Thank you so much sir, i will go and look for it 0W-20 Mobil oil tomorrow.
How do I know quality oil filter, and does every vehicle use same oil filter? If no, what's the recommended oil filter for my 2009 Toyota Corolla.

My apologies for too many questions, this is my first ever driven car, I know nothing about cars.

Thank you sir

Check the toop of the engine cover of your car. The right oil to be used is written on it.. You can never go wrong with that
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 11:30am On Feb 11, 2022
DGreatACO:

1. Coolant fluid
Please how often should AT fluid be changed?
Pardon my many questions for I am no expert in autos.
Thanks

I always recommend car owners should follow owners at all times. 20w50 is not the recommended oil for that car .... If you look at the oil cap of the engine , it should tell you either 5w20 or 0w20

For ATF, please do not go around changing ATF like you change oil . IF the ATF is pinkish in color , please do not change. But if it is dark in color , please change it . And you might also have to change the transmission filter along with the ATF .......

The recommended ATF (pic) below .... We have it in stock next month. Make sure u buy from reliable source . Fake plenty for MARKET

Coolant... People will recommend to use Toyota coolant . And people will tell to use green color Toyota coolant etc . It is not the color that matters, it is the chemical used is use to make the coolant.....

Prestone coolant, Super TECH coolant .. Will do just fine and will protect your engine up to 100k miles or more

Ps. I hope your rav4 is a v6 engine. The v6 engine are solid engine . while the 4cylinder are known to short oil . From experience once you drive the v6 engine of a rav4 , you will never and never want to drive a 4cyclinder. The v6 are stronger and faster and fun to drive. Very strong engine...... And I hope say na tokunbo you buy am o . but if na naija use u go buy, I wish you the best of luck from a safe distance

Below pic is a rav4 I bought for a client about 2yrs ago . so I know wetin I dey talk

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SpeedRacer(m): 11:31am On Feb 11, 2022
dru23:

Morning,
Thanks for the reply.
I mentioned 5w20 because that was also written on the filler cap .and I'm thinking it will be cheaper than the 0w20 .
How much is this oil ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2022
SpeedRacer:

Morning,
Thanks for the reply.
I mentioned 5w20 because that was also written on the filler cap .and I'm thinking it will be cheaper than the 0w20 .
How much is this oil ?

Our engine oil prices are very good and competitive in price..

The Super tech is 22500k .. Very good oil check the reviews by Project Farm on Youtube

Pennzoil Ultra 27k ..... Excellent engine oil . This is the prefer oil from our Lexus Rx350 customers .... And this my own oil of choice for my 2011 Infiniti
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2022
dru23:

I always recommend car owners should follow owners at all times. 20w50 is not the recommended oil for that car .... If you look at the oil cap of the engine , it should tell you either 5w20 or 0w20

For ATF, please do not go around changing ATF like you change oil . IF the ATF is pinkish in color , please do not change. But if it is dark in color , please change it . And you might also have to change the transmission filter along with the ATF .......

The recommended ATF (pic) below .... We have it in stock next month. Make sure u buy from reliable source . Fake plenty for MARKET

Coolant... People will recommend to use Toyota coolant . And people will tell to use green color Toyota coolant etc . It is not the color that matters, it is the chemical used is use to make the coolant.....

Prestone coolant, Super TECH coolant .. Will do just fine and will protect your engine up to 100k miles or more

Ps. I hope your rav4 is a v6 engine. The v6 engine are solid engine . while the 4cylinder are known to short oil . From experience once you drive the v6 engine of a rav4 , you will never and never want to drive a 4cyclinder. The v6 are stronger and faster and fun to drive. Very strong engine...... And I hope say na tokunbo you buy am o . but if na naija use u go buy, I wish you the best of luck from a safe distance

Below pic is a rav4 I bought for a client about 2yrs ago . so I know wetin I dey talk
oga dru,reserve transmission oil for me.......

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
melviniyke2002:
oga dru,reserve transmission oil for me.......

You are our #1 priority sir , we got you covered sir ......

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
chuuxxy:
how far bro.... were u finally able to get a good oil for your kia? which do u use.

I'm using mobil 1 5w-30, that's the manual recommended oil

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jerrysmallz: 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2022
Gazzuzz do you think I should use water for my radiator coolant? I was also wondering if could use 20w-50 engine oil.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
dru23:

Please share your Lagos office address or your phone number. It's not on your profile.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 4:10pm On Feb 11, 2022
Structuralman:

Please share your Lagos office address or your phone number. It's not on your profile.

Sir gives us a call @....07036726481 business line and someone will attend to you ......

If u need to reach me personally, plz do so at dru23@hotmail.com and will be able to give u my whatapps number.....

We thank you and hope to hear from u
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:21pm On Feb 11, 2022
Jerrysmallz:
Gazzuzz do you think I should use water for my radiator coolant? I was also wondering if could use 20w-50 engine oil.

water would freeze, and oil would not supply.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2022
dru23:

oh! Correct.....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAmaechi(m): 11:17pm On Feb 11, 2022
Hyundai sonata 2008. V4.
The car starts after several attempts..started 3 or 2 days ago..
Only the mornings
Starts effectively afterwards in the day.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Anuoladipup0(m): 8:59am On Feb 12, 2022
Honda Civic Hybrid 2006, CHECK ENGINE LINE has been on and the CAR HESITATES DURING ACCELERATION, it sometimes JERKS AT LOW SPEED and FEELS HEAVIER while driving.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Louisking: 9:28am On Feb 12, 2022
Good day house. Plss my car AC has been given me issue for a while now. I bought new compressor and refilled the gas, gas leak before the next day reach, took it bk to technician he said compressor is bad, back to the market, compressor was checked and confirm ok, now AC technician said we need to flush the system and check evaporator we did and everything seem ok, check condenser it was ok pipes was ok also, gas refilled before getting home last night, AC the blow hot air. Me dun tire abeg I need help if anyone has faced similar issue, cus am about going bk there to see if anything can be done. A Friend of mine said the AC guy should check the expansion valve. Plss help guys.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:37am On Feb 12, 2022
Louisking:
Good day house. Plss my car AC has been given me issue for a while now. I bought new compressor and refilled the gas, gas leak before the next day reach, took it bk to technician he said compressor is bad, back to the market, compressor was checked and confirm ok, now AC technician said we need to flush the system and check evaporator we did and everything seem ok, check condenser it was ok pipes was ok also, gas refilled before getting home last night, AC the blow hot air. Me dun tire abeg I need help if anyone has faced similar issue, cus am about going bk there to see if anything can be done. A Friend of mine said the AC guy should check the expansion valve. Plss help guys.

Welcome to Kia Rio air-conditioning.

Remote diagnosis will not work.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:39am On Feb 12, 2022
Anuoladipup0:
Honda Civic Hybrid 2006, CHECK ENGINE LINE has been on and the CAR HESITATES DURING ACCELERATION, it sometimes JERKS AT LOW SPEED and FEELS HEAVIER while driving.
Thanks

Buy this scanner, scan and post the codes.

https://www.nairaland.com/6885954/xtool-advance-ad10-auto-car

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:40am On Feb 12, 2022
MrAmaechi:
Hyundai sonata 2008. V4.
The car starts after several attempts..started 3 or 2 days ago..
Only the mornings
Starts effectively afterwards in the day.

Check fuel pressure.

You can also buy this scanner , scan and post codes.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAmaechi(m): 9:45am On Feb 12, 2022
Thanks.
Mechanic was saying. Cold start switch
What do you think sir

GAZZUZZ:

Check fuel pressure.

You can also buy this scanner , scan and post codes.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamie1000: 10:08am On Feb 12, 2022
Hello everyone. Please, I noticed my break oil shorting. Mechanic couldn't dictate where the leak is from. As no leak on the wheel. He suggested we open the break Master, but I have been topping up. Recently, I just decided to match on the break while car is off And pump it. I noticed fluid coming down from a hose under the break pedal. By the leg side. How do I go about this. Have any one noticed this before. Camry 04
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Anuoladipup0(m): 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2022
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bolu1986(m): 6:51pm On Feb 12, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

You will have other codes apart from misfire.

That's a the entire bank2 failing.

That's strangest thing boss

No other code

Just that we keep cylinder 2,4 and 6 misfire..

We have changed plug, 02 sensor, coils, nozzle, .. frustrated on what else we can do . We still have black smoke

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: kbshow100(m), eightsin(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.