Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,583 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (920268 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigsunny01(m): 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
davessales039:

First, take your car and run far away from that "rewire".

Next, go get yourself a cheap scanner.
Scan the car.

I did de scanning, dis is what i get

P0135

P2185
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GIANTPLUSHUB: 9:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
PREORDER YOUR CAR PARTS FROM ROCKAUTO.COM, EBAY.COM, AMAZON.COM.

Check link below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/6812154/preorder-car-parts-rockauto.com-ebay.com#106909749
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by davessales039(m): 11:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
Bigsunny01:

I did de scanning, dis is what i get

P0135

P2185

For P0135, bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction. https://www.samarins.com/diagnose/p0135.html

For P2185, Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High Voltage
I suspect the coolant sensor on the radiator has been bupassed and fan is always on, right? If this is not the case, then you should check is sensor is properly connected (not shaking).

Better still, check your vehicle into a decent workshop (not those trial and error ones). Physical inspection and brief history needed.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by LeonMacJames(m): 2:07am On Mar 13, 2022
Does it smell my fuel?
Bigsunny01:

It has one odour which i can't really tell
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigsunny01(m): 6:42am On Mar 13, 2022
LeonMacJames:
Does it smell my fuel?

Yea it smells fuel burnt
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigsunny01(m): 6:46am On Mar 13, 2022
davessales039:

For P0135, bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction. https://www.samarins.com/diagnose/p0135.html

For P2185, Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High Voltage
I suspect the coolant sensor on the radiator has been bupassed and fan is always on, right? If this is not the case, then you should check is sensor is properly connected (not shaking).

Better still, check your vehicle into a decent workshop (not those trial and error ones). Physical inspection and brief history needed.

Ok thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by LeonMacJames(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2022
Bigsunny01:

Yea it smells fuel burnt
that means your engine is running too rich. The air to fuel ratio is unbalanced . It's getting in more fuel than air.
this could be caused by

1. A leaking fuel injector
2. A blocked fuel return pipe
3. A broken oxygen or airflow sensor
4. A fuel pressure regulator that is permanently or stuck closed.

You should scan your car to narrow down the problems and attack the cause. Changing brain box is lazy and expensive work

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 606thearena: 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
Good evening Nairalanders please I need your input with the current price of things how much it will cost me to change my Toyota Camry 010 le custom wheels to a strong alloy wheels with new tires .this is the size of the tire that came with the car 215/60/16 . Please Nairalanders I need your advice and suggestions I’m currently based in Benin I don’t want to appear like a novice when I go to were they sell alloy wheels and tires here in Benin .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by davessales039(m): 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
LeonMacJames:
that means your engine is running too rich. The air to fuel ratio is unbalanced . It's getting in more fuel than air.
this could be caused by

1. A leaking fuel injector
2. A blocked fuel return pipe
3. A broken oxygen or airflow sensor
4. A fuel pressure regulator that is permanently or stuck closed.

You should scan your car to narrow down the problems and attack the cause. Changing brain box is lazy and expensive work

He did.
O2 sensor issues and coolant sensor issues.

If fan is wired directly, engine will keep on trying to attain optimum temperature, and thus, ECU will keep feeding more fuel. Unfortunately, the O2 sensor cannot provide feedback (due to its issues) so ECU doesn't know that fuel is already getting too much.

That's my deduction from this distance but then there may be more to it. Who knows....

I pity the child of that mechanic. The day he will have headache, the father will tell him to go change his brain.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by YanniganOlojo: 11:02am On Mar 15, 2022
I need help but first, good morning everyone.
I noticed oil droplet stains on the floor of the usual parking spot for my car. I was able to get pictures and unsure what to do or what to tell the mechanic to do or permit him to do. I’ve attached photos below for assessment. I’m eagerly looking forward to your suggestions. Please and thank you.

Addendum: The car is a 2007 Camry V6.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AOI2016: 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2022
Hi Guys,

I drive a toyota corolla 2004, i just changed my engine when the old engine was smoking. The old engine was working fine except for the smoke, after changing the engine, i discovered i couldn't go more than 60km/h and climbing hills becomes a problem.

I went back to the mechanic today to complain, so he checked the car with his machine and there was no error code on the machine.

He invited a gear mechanic to check the car and the man tested the car by driving it.,he told us that the problem is the car brain valve and i will need to change it.

My fear now is that i don't want to spend another money on the brain valve and the problem still remains.

Please kindly advise if i can go ahead.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 8:21am On Mar 16, 2022
AOI2016:
Hi Guys,

I drive a toyota corolla 2004, i just changed my engine when the old engine was smoking. The old engine was working fine except for the smoke, after changing the engine, i discovered i couldn't go more than 60km/h and climbing hills becomes a problem.

I went back to the mechanic today to complain, so he checked the car with his machine and there was no error code on the machine.

He invited a gear mechanic to check the car and the man tested the car by driving it.,he told us that the problem is the car brain valve and i will need to change it.

My fear now is that i don't want to spend another money on the brain valve and the problem still remains.

Brain Valve ke.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:41am On Mar 16, 2022
AOI2016:
Hi Guys,

change mechanic

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:41am On Mar 16, 2022
Besto:

Brain Valve ke.

My brother, I weak

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mashnino(m): 10:22am On Mar 16, 2022
Besto:

Brain Valve ke.

I no be mechanic ooo.. But brain valve weak me.

Lol...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Churock: 8:06pm On Mar 16, 2022
Good e evening. I noticed in my MB that it emits black smoke. Everyone keeps pointing that it’s the air flow meter but the issue is that all the sold used air flow meter checked does not match and my mechanic says it’s not a guarantee that a brand new one will match. Don’t know what else to do. Also can I get the attached picture from anyone around?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 8:48pm On Mar 16, 2022
Churock:
Good e evening. I noticed in my MB that it emits black smoke. Everyone keeps pointing that it’s the air philometer but the issue is that all the sold used air philometer checked does not match and my mechanic says it’s not a guarantee that a brand new one will match. Don’t know what else to do. Also can I get the attached picture from anyone around?

OP try and buy a complete Belgium fuel pump. Also it is called Air-flow meter not Air philometer
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Churock: 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2022
seanfer:

OP try and buy a complete Belgium fuel pump. Also it is called Air-flow meter not Air philometer

Thanks for the correction. Where can I get the Belgium fuel pump and is it for the 2 tanks? Also how about the Airflow meter? Got an idea where to get it too?
PS: I’m in Enugu
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2022
Churock:

Thanks for the correction. Where can I get the Belgium fuel pump and is it for the 2 tanks? Also how about the Airflow meter? Got an idea where to get it too?
PS: I’m in Enugu

You can try the spare part market in Anambra.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Churock: 2:43am On Mar 17, 2022
seanfer:

You can try the spare part market in Anambra.

Contact?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 8:09am On Mar 17, 2022
seanfer:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sabams08: 7:29am On Mar 18, 2022
My car misfires at cold but runs smoothly once the engine is warm.

I took it for a scan, the results are in the pictures below.

Please I need a good mechanic who can resolve this. I'm based in Abuja

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
sabams08:

Car has a name?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Elcapitan0: 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Car has a name?
Car's name is nameless from the many face manufacturer. Vala mogulis.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
sabams08:

Why didn't you ask the person that scanned the car to fix it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
sabams08:

2004 corolla.

Should be an easy fix

Take a pic of the engine bay and send to this number .

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 10:23am On Mar 19, 2022
Acura in the mud grin

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:59am On Mar 19, 2022
Kingdemu:
Acura in the mud grin

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kingdemu:
Acura in the mud grin

Nawao.

Now they have left him behind! grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2022
Anyone with an idea how much the pipe that connects the steering pump to the steering rack is sold for? Mine is leaking and I constantly have to top up Power Steering fluid.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bbeckky: 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
Hi fams, pls my VW Passat cc 2012 says 'gearbox overheated, stop' what can one do
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
nymphomaniac:
Anyone with an idea how much the pipe that connects the steering pump to the steering rack is sold for? Mine is leaking and I constantly have to top up Power Steering fluid.

70years old man....

What car

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.