Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,498 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913772 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tizteezy(m): 10:27pm On Mar 26, 2022
Michael547:

It could be that there is so much dirt on the throttle body of the car....get a mechanic to use an injection cleaner to clean the throttle body and see whether it solves the problem.

I'll check that on Monday. Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by davessales039(m): 6:30am On Mar 28, 2022
Michael547:
I'm very certain it's not the brain valve since you dont have any code coming from the transmission.

Nna, what is the meaning of brain valve??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rollout40(m): 10:52am On Mar 28, 2022
Hi guys,

I have a 2008 RAV4, when I start some days, it takes time to go into 'D'. I normally back out of my garage and then go out, when you put it in R, it engages normally, then you put it in D to move forward, the gear selector enters D, but it takes like 5 secs before the car starts moving forward. It mostly happens in the mornings, not everyday though. Please what could be the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Michael547(m): 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
rollout40:
Hi guys,

I have a 2008 RAV4, when I start some days, it takes time to go into 'D'. I normally back out of my garage and then go out, when you put it in R, it engages normally, then you put it in D to move forward, the gear selector enters D, but it takes like 5 secs before the car starts moving forward. It mostly happens in the mornings, not everyday though. Please what could be the cause?
Run a scan to see if you can get anything out.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bbeckky: 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
Thanks bro
seanfer:

Contact Gazzuzz, there’s a detailer called Eze.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bbeckky: 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
@GAZZUZZ
Good afternoon bro, i was referred to u. Pls how can i get the contact of a detailer called Eze? I want to polish and wax my car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
rollout40:
Hi guys,

Old age. Replace it when you can. A scan will not help you.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MedicH: 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2022
I have this problem i do not understand. It's the remote control of my car doors this thing operates or sort of presses on its own. I am inside my house at the moment and i can see that the red light that show on this thing similar to dstv remote when u press it is showing steady meaning there is a contact somewhere and if i get close to my car now the doors will start opening and locking at random. Is there a way to change this key remote? How do i go about this and how will i get the new remote i purchase to recognise this moto and open the doors?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shedgoz(m): 11:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
Gurus in the house,
Currently my brother who stays in Europe has asked that I make a choice of car between a Lexus ES 350 2008 model or a Mercedes C300 2009 model.
I am confused at the moment as I don't know which to go for.
Please can I get advise here based on which of them is better for our Nigerian terrain.
I will appreciate your Inputs
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Penboy: 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
Please what are the issues that's common with Corrola 05/06 model?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamie1000: 7:57am On Mar 30, 2022
shedgoz:
Gurus in the house,
Currently my brother who stays in Europe has asked that I make a choice of car between a Lexus ES 350 2008 model or a Mercedes C300 2009 model.
Please can I get advise here based on which of them is better for our Nigerian terrain.
Both are of equal liability and Class. Choose the wife you love most and be ready to pamper her.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:49am On Mar 30, 2022
MedicH:
I have this problem i do not understand. It's the remote control of my car doors this thing operates or sort of presses on its own. I am inside my house at the moment and i can see that the red light that show on this thing similar to dstv remote when u press it is showing steady meaning there is a contact somewhere and if i get close to my car now the doors will start opening and locking at random. Is there a way to change this key remote? How do i go about this and how will i get the new remote i purchase to recognise this moto and open the doors?

open it up.

Clean out corrosion with a toothbrush and methylated spirit.

Leave to dry and reassemble

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:50am On Mar 30, 2022
shedgoz:
Gurus in the house,

if your age bracket is 18-30, you will be frustrated by law enforcement on both cars.

Select a vehicle that has not been casted

8 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MedicH: 11:00am On Mar 30, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

open it up.

Clean out corrosion with a toothbrush and methylated spirit.

Leave to dry and reassemble

as local man no get methylated ghost, na fuel go sure pass.
thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Isoni(m): 11:16am On Mar 30, 2022
Please what engine oil is recommended for serving 2009 Toyota Corolla and after how many miles?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
Isoni:
Please what engine oil is recommended for serving 2009 Toyota Corolla and after how many miles?

what have you been using before now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
shedgoz:
Gurus in the house,
if na me I will go for the lexus,because am a tall guy,that c300 is too crampy for me.both are good vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rollout40(m): 6:18am On Mar 31, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Old age. Replace it when you can. A scan will not help you.

The entire gearbox? Do you have an idea as to the current cost?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 10:40am On Mar 31, 2022
Abeg my Ogas make una no vex I no wan open a thread for this question, okay I just upgraded to Lexus es350, and I wanna know if it’s possible to use my old plate number since I will be selling ny muscle soon, just to cut cost of getting a new number! Thank you as we dey learn everyday cry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:55am On Mar 31, 2022
bastien:
Abeg my Ogas make una no vex I no wan open a thread for this question, okay I just upgraded to Lexus es350, and I wanna know if it’s possible to use my old plate number since I will be selling ny muscle soon, just to cut cost of getting a new number! Thank you as we dey learn everyday cry

if it is a Lagos plate, you will spend more.

Abuja and many other states there could be some savings
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ifexfree24: 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
Please I need help with my Jetta FSI.
When I start the car it will start normal but if I turn it off, I won't start again until after a very long time...

Please what could be the problem?

The mechanics here seem to be confused...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

if it is a Lagos plate, you will spend more.

Abuja and many other states there could be some savings
thank you boss, I appreciate
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Isoni(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Total 20W-50

GAZZUZZ:

what have you been using before now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
Isoni:
Total 20W-50

kindly continue with it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bolu1986(m): 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
@Gazzuz

How to resolve this error? Have changed about 3 02 sensor still same issue

P1135

Please help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
bolu1986:
@Gazzuz

How to resolve this error? Have changed about 3 02 sensor still same issue

P1135

Please help

what car?

What engine size ?

The location of part you have been changing ?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by twinskenny(m): 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bolu1986(m): 2:20am On Apr 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

what car?

What engine size ?

The location of part you have been changing ?

Rx 300
2mz
Oxygen sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kassiny(m): 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dear Gazzuzz
The scan result for
Camry 2008
V6 2GR-FE.
Pls how do i resolve this..

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51am On Apr 02, 2022
Kassiny:
Dear Gazzuzz
The scan result for
Camry 2008
V6 2GR-FE.

Check fuel tank cover
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DancingSkeleton(m): 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Check fuel tank cover
Good afternoon chief
Please I have a question about my 2018 rav4 xle. I filled The Fuel tank which is about 60L in size, from my calculation it ran about 200miles when the fuel got exhausted. So here's my question, is the fuel consumption normal or is it too high?
Note : My AC is on 85% of the time and the fuel guage isn't functioning properly
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
Kassiny:
Dear Gazzuzz
The scan result for
Camry 2008
V6 2GR-FE.
Scan again today.
The previous result na april fool

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.